Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

This is a pretty good point. Our big, wet president has been rather quiet and for the rampaging narcissist that he is that's surprisingly smart. Is someone telling him to shut the gently caress up or what? I'd give even odds someone lied to him and said his Fuhrer-bunker accidentally has no cell reception or internet access, just stay here and watch these TVs sir, be safe.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

This is a pretty good point. Our big, wet president has been rather quiet and for the rampaging narcissist that he is that's surprisingly smart. Is someone telling him to shut the gently caress up or what? I'd give even odds someone lied to him and said his Fuhrer-bunker accidentally has no cell reception or internet access, just stay here and watch these TVs sir, be safe.

He’s worried about Biden raising taxes.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

bird food bathtub posted:

It's a lose-lose situation if Trump says anything. If he says something to appeal to his base everyone else gets pissed off. He says something to calm down the protesters, his base gets pissed off. His cultists have been fantasizing a race war with armored rascal scooters, if he takes that from them he loses his support.

And let's be honest, he doesn't give a poo poo. Unless and until it affects him personally he's too busy looking at pictures of Ivanka.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

As Nero Danced posted:

It's a lose-lose situation if Trump says anything. If he says something to appeal to his base everyone else gets pissed off. He says something to calm down the protesters, his base gets pissed off. His cultists have been fantasizing a race war with armored rascal scooters, if he takes that from them he loses his support.

And let's be honest, he doesn't give a poo poo. Unless and until it affects him personally he's too busy looking at pictures of Ivanka.

How much does Trump secretly hope he loses the next election so he can go back to Florida full time while buying out OANN to remake it into his own media empire? Of course he can't do anything to lose his base appeal, or make it look like he's throwing the game.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Crazy Mike posted:

How much does Trump secretly hope he loses the next election so he can go back to Florida full time while buying out OANN to remake it into his own media empire? Of course he can't do anything to lose his base appeal, or make it look like he's throwing the game.

poo poo, man, he didn't want to win the first time. Then those idiots voted for him and he couldn't back down.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

It looks like he's retweeting fox and friends opinions some more, but right now the DJIA is up somehow, and I'm sure every police chief in America is telling anyone who will listen that the situation is under control so really, what is there about this situation to rouse himself to give a speech? Are there even civil society equivalents to flag officers that have access to the president, careerists who aren't ideological baggage elementals with the experience managing a society to recognize that things look pretty bad cool?

Also that pic of the protester in the Elmo mask is incredible, like if I saw it in a textbook I would have a hard time believing it wasn't just art about the protests done after the fact.

pygmy tyrant fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 1, 2020

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Crazy Mike posted:

I'm gonna say he wishes he could, but once he's out of office I think he's gonna get charged with a long list of crimes that they can't charge him with right now. It's either be president, or spend the rest of your life in court and/or jail.

As a result of this I'm sure that he will do whatever he possibly can to stay in.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

they could be trying to fully remove an already smashed windshield to make the car driveable, but then it looks like they all leave before it's done, so idk

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

not caring here posted:

As a result of this I'm sure that he will do whatever he possibly can to stay in.

Not to mention he is able to funnel massive amounts of government money (and campaign dollars) into his organization by virtue of his office. His entire life has been about leveraging sad, stupid public stunts for grift. Maybe the money would be better yelling on Twitter as a private citizen, but I somehow doubt it.

I don't care about the pisstape anymore. I want his tax returns

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

not caring here posted:

I'm gonna say he wishes he could, but once he's out of office I think he's gonna get charged with a long list of crimes that they can't charge him with right now. It's either be president, or spend the rest of your life in court and/or jail.

I am hoping that he loses on purpose to grift the chuds more, I have severe doubts that anyone in congress would do anything to go after him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I am hoping that he loses on purpose to grift the chuds more, I have severe doubts that anyone in congress would do anything to go after him.

In the interest of bipartisanship and healing,

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trump defrauding cons is perfectly, 100% A-OK by me though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trump is not going to have a list of charges brought against him. He's going to waddle his fat, gelatinous rear end down to Mar-a-lago where he'll be given socialized health care and turn into beef jerky in the sun.

Which is why people should be fighting hand over fist to get into Mar-a-lago and make like it's a Minneapolis Target.

Also burning messages into his golf courses with fertilizers or grass killing herbicides.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

for trump to lose, someone would have to run against him

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kraken! posted:

It looks like he's retweeting fox and friends opinions some more, but right now the DJIA is up somehow, and I'm sure every police chief in America is telling anyone who will listen that the situation is under control so really, what is there about this situation to rouse himself to give a speech? Are there even civil society equivalents to flag officers that have access to the president, careerists who aren't ideological baggage elementals with the experience managing a society to recognize that things look pretty bad cool?

There are but they’ve all been fired and replaced by shitfuckers or marginalized by the president and his treehouse club so the ones that are left aren’t doing anything.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/sweeeetdee_/status/1267319103167107072

I can't even

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

What in the world? :psyduck:

What even could the reasoning behind that decision possibly be? That he's the ringleader and needs to be arrested, even though the protest is non-violent? That he needs to be removed because he may be eroding the resolve and emotional vigilance of the riot cops?

I...I have no loving clue.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What even could the reasoning behind that decision possibly be? That he's the ringleader and needs to be arrested, even though the protest is non-violent? That he needs to be removed because he may be eroding the resolve and emotional vigilance of the riot cops?

The police have picked their side. I’m sure some of the good cops there just didn’t see it or they would’ve stopped it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Santa Monica and Beverly Hills reported that they will impose citywide curfews that get underway at 1 p.m. Monday for their business districts and 4 p.m. citywide. The Beverly Hills curfew extends through 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Cops, especially American cops, are bastards. A few bad apples have spoiled the whole bunch and we are seeing the end result. They know they have the weapons and the backing of the legal system to do this with impunity and they are seizing the opportunity to do so.

https://twitter.com/liunewyork/status/1267264294980329473?s=21

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

that hurts to see.

when anyone tries to pull people out of your group like this, lock your arms around your friend's waist, pull them back out of reach, and optionqlly then run with them through the crowd. tug-of-war is a game that should be much easier for the side with more people.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1267305870297149441

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump, seeing the protests against police brutality, has concluded that there isn't enough of it.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1267478663949357057?s=19

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1267478880820121603?s=19

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He can’t but prove he’s attempting to be a tyrant.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Trump, seeing the protests against police brutality, has concluded that there isn't enough of it.

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1267478663949357057?s=19

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1267478880820121603?s=19

I'm really glad I got in a car accident back in the spring of 2009 and I have been in a coma since then and this is all a result of hosed up dreams from my brain swelling.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The country has been on an increasingly downward slope since Y2K so I’m cool with saying the world ended there and we are all in hell.

Not sure what you folks did to end up here with me but I’m glad you’re here.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah let's go full gulag archipelago

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

LingcodKilla posted:

He can’t but prove he’s attempting to be a tyrant.

Oh my imbecile father's already calling for their murders. Again, this has the potential to go troubles really really quickly. Hope you like low intensity civil war for the next couple generations

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Probably.

There's just no loving excuse. This is beyond the pale. This is literal insanity.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://mobile.twitter.com/AntiFashGordon/status/1267140030373470208

Was from the night before but I finally remembered to post it. Seemed like extra bullshit.

Trump's inevitable reactions to this is pretty terrifying. Everything feels like we're sticking to a It Could Happen Here script.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's almost like all cops are bastards

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

DC is going under a two-day curfew that starts at 7 pm and ends in the early morning.

I kind of hate everything and just feel like I’m starting to come apart at the seams, just like the rest of the country.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/skolanach/status/1267446530383863815?s=20

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i don't go in much for trump-dunking, but:

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1267236833382952962

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Not defending the cops, but just adding a little context to the situation. That’s Marion Square yesterday in downtown Charleston, SC. Despite being a big park in the middle of the city, it’s technically privately owned and leased by the city. The protesters down there yesterday did not have a permit to assemble, and the police were ordering them to disperse.

Not that that excuses the actions of the arresting officer, but that’s what was going on at the time.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
In case anyone was keeping score for this round, the feds are now on record for shooting civilians. They shot and killed a black restaurant owner in Louisville last night.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/5306733002

LMPD Chief Steve Conrad posted:

"Officers and soldiers began to clear the lot and at some point were shot at," Conrad said. "Both LMPD and National Guard members returned fire."

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
I'm amazed despite the large protests, the stock market is up today. I'm interested in what the total economic damage is compared to a hurricane or earthquake. Have we effectively priced in civil unrest?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

egyptian rat race posted:

In case anyone was keeping score for this round, the feds are now on record for shooting civilians. They shot and killed a black restaurant owner in Louisville last night.

https://amp.courier-journal.com/amp/5306733002

Hey all you ground pounder types - what would have happened to you if you'd fired into a crowd of civilians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

pantslesswithwolves posted:

DC is going under a two-day curfew that starts at 7 pm and ends in the early morning.

I kind of hate everything and just feel like I’m starting to come apart at the seams, just like the rest of the country.

It’s also much harder to get away from it than it ever has been before.

I used to take a break from current events for a few weeks but now it feels like we are all the current event. Our entire society is shifting right before us. How do you look away?

One thing that gave me some hope though: I was in DC on Saturday to march and show support (I left well before any rioting started) and the energy was in-loving-credible. While our society is irreparably fractured, I could still feel so much unity. The people marching were such a diverse group. Everyone looking out for everyone. I heard some people speak at the Lincoln memorial, and I got an indescribable feeling of hope being there. I was proud to be among them.

It’s going to get worse before it gets better and it’s very gloomy right now. I don’t know if we will heal from there. But I do know that there is a lot of people, a LOT of people, and a very diverse group of people fighting for what is right.

They are doing more good for this country than I ever did in my five years in the military.