Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will know for sure Steak is scum by the time he starts claiming and twirling his mustache around day 2 or 3.

In my first game ever with him he fakeclaimed gunsmith as vanilla town and rode it out for like four game days with fake results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

All this meta poo poo really has me riled - person acts scummy, person is likely to be scum, that's it. If a person is always acting scummy then they need to learn to play better, the town doesn't need to coddle them, because then they just get free reign all the time.

loving. Yuck.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

In my first game ever with him he fakeclaimed gunsmith as vanilla town and rode it out for like four game days with fake results.

Yeah it becomes super obvious when he starts winking at the camera and taunting the scum team that he's lying about whatever he's claiming.

When he's telling the truth he gets out all the important info within 1-2 posts and then doesn't talk about it any more.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m here to win this game, not improve the overall mafia community to maybe net myself more wins later. I used to try that with people like Varinn and Dhaes. They won’t change. Play to the people in the room and find a way to win.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

All this meta poo poo really has me riled - person acts scummy, person is likely to be scum, that's it. If a person is always acting scummy then they need to learn to play better, the town doesn't need to coddle them, because then they just get free reign all the time.

Acting scummy on day 1 is how you survive to day 2 without getting night killed get off ya high horse.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Case against Spoonsy is basically

Spoonsy posted:

I was dumb this morning about someone wondering about multiple scum groups (which I still think merits discussion) and a fake N0 cop? (Yes I know my bad)

Which isn't nothing I guess, but I don't see how it's scummy enough to be top votes right now.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tom Tucker posted:

Ok so make a case on them and people will decide jesus loving christ

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sub Rosa posted:

Which isn't nothing I guess, but I don't see how it's scummy enough to be top votes right now.

It's not :ssh:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Spoonsy posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

If I’m wrong we look at CapitalistPig tomorrow.

Ok.

##vote spoonsy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I REALLY want b- to be right though so I’d flip to PQ in a heartbeat.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

Spoonsy took the obviously fake n0 cop claim at face value, used it to pursue a push on me, then tried to backpedal away from it while simultaneously claiming I'm still scum because I'm positive there's most likely two scum teams in a game with 26 people.

Jeabus has now, oddly, latched onto this as well after posting a list of "reads" that said loving nothing about anyone except merk, Squiggly, and me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 1

Spoonsy (5): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, merk
Mr. Steak (3): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Jeabus Mahogany, Tom Tucker, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf
Pussy Quipped (2): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich, merk, merk, merk, merk
Mr. Humalong (2): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy, Spoonsy, Jeabus Mahogany
CapnAndy (2): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Squiggly
Maigius (2): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, cheese sandwich, Spoonsy, cheese sandwich, Jeabus Mahogany
Sandwolf (1): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000, merk, merk
Scientastic (1): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Jose Valasquez (1): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, CapnAndy
dmboogie (1): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep
xopods (1): SalTheBard, CapnAndy, CapnAndy
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie
Sub Rosa (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (4): CapnAndy, Maigius, MisterJed, Nep-Nep

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 38 minutes.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We have less than 4 hours until deadline and 4 people not voting at all.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Scientastic’s confidence in early d1 cases feels off.

this was also a thing last game, by the way, where sci was scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also a LOT of joke phase votes still sitting around.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CPig, Nep-Nep, and PQ will all be modkilled at the end of the day unless they show up and make one more post so watch and see which of them does it in the most scummy way!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

CPig, Nep-Nep, and PQ will all be modkilled at the end of the day unless they show up and make one more post so watch and see which of them does it in the most scummy way!

Sal, not Nep-Nep. Nep managed to fart out 10 posts today.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also a LOT of joke phase votes still sitting around.

Squiggly posted:

I too am ready for the last second bandwagon and then switch to a 1 vote player when everyone gets cold feet

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

merk posted:

I’m here to win this game, not improve the overall mafia community to maybe net myself more wins later. I used to try that with people like Varinn and Dhaes. They won’t change. Play to the people in the room and find a way to win.

You're missing the point. I don't care about other games - how are we supposed to find scum if we can't vote for someone in this game for being scummy?

I really don't get it. There's so much "he acted like this in this game and he was scum" and "well he posted this in another game and he was town" - tabula rasa people, I've never seen this kind of meta stuff work and the last time I saw it was in the good place with scum doing a gentle day 1 bus on a scumbuddy which got roundly dunked on as it should.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have less than 4 hours until deadline and 4 people not voting at all.
I'll get on the bandwagon if I gotta but I'd still really really rather people take a look at dmboogie.

I mean, we're just gonna let this slide? Really?

dmboogie posted:

##vote spoonsy

lmao

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tom Tucker posted:

You're missing the point. I don't care about other games - how are we supposed to find scum if we can't vote for someone in this game for being scummy?

I really don't get it. There's so much "he acted like this in this game and he was scum" and "well he posted this in another game and he was town" - tabula rasa people, I've never seen this kind of meta stuff work and the last time I saw it was in the good place with scum doing a gentle day 1 bus on a scumbuddy which got roundly dunked on as it should.

Are you seriously trying to argue that meta isn't a thing

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

I will never understand why people are so willing to give Steak a pass for saying and doing scummy things because he “posts ridiculously and scummy.”

Absolutely baffling, sometimes he posts ridiculously and scummy, sometimes he just posts ridiculously. He’s posting *a lot* here and it’s all stilted and awkward. He doesn’t sound chill as gently caress, he sounds like he’s trying to appear chill as gently caress while actually being nervous.

His response to Spoonsy:

Tell me that doesn’t feel artificial and performative

idk what to tell you, besides entirely uncomfortable facts about myself. such as: i'm just posting how i post. and i'm way way WAY more comfortable playing as scum than town. i know that's backwards, but i rolled scum so frequently in my first 25 or so games, and living significantly longer on average when i scum too, so it just feels a lot more natural.

but yeah, thats not an argument. just a reply i guess

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
omg.

*uncomformable!

not uncomfortable. lol

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I suppose I should put my money where my mouth is

##vote dmboogie

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ughh *confirm, not conform

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don't see anything out of the ordinary for boogie.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I just reread his entire post history and it looks like the usual boogie style.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

i CANT believe you are glossing over the fact that i was a survivor, it was ELEVEN days, and i WON

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(with town, btw)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I just reread his entire post history and it looks like the usual boogie style.
Which makes it acceptable behavior because _________?

It's my first game with the guy admittedly but I do not like this style so far, it's worthless white noise.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Acting scummy on day 1 is how you survive to day 2 without getting night killed get off ya high horse.

I know I'm a newbie but "being scummy is a town move, actually" seems pretty loving weird

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm positive there's most likely two scum teams in a game with 26 people.

Yeah that's a pretty scum thing to be so sure on when it's day 1 with no info

you only seeing like three people in your scumdoc, Hum?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Which makes it acceptable behavior because _________?

It's my first game with the guy admittedly but I do not like this style so far, it's worthless white noise.

if we had lights out executions I'd be fine with getting rid of white noise posters on day 1

but we don't, so I'd rather look at people who have posted genuinely scummy things instead of things that just annoy people because they're not long-winded essays

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Going to agree with others, ##vote Mr. Steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is largely why i dont care to change my play. (besides that it's not actually harmful to town and im decent as scumhunting so gently caress you). i've only been nightkilled in 1 mafia game *ever*

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

wow weird simultaneous quoting of me!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Yeah that's a pretty scum thing to be so sure on when it's day 1 with no info

you only seeing like three people in your scumdoc, Hum?

with this many players a multiball setup is entirely within the realm of possibility and you latching onto this despite having multiple other pages of material to work off of to find scum makes you look extremely scummy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sub Rosa posted:

I know I'm a newbie but "being scummy is a town move, actually" seems pretty loving weird

you'll learn, don't worry

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Mr. Humalong posted:

with this many players a multiball setup is entirely within the realm of possibility and you latching onto this despite having multiple other pages of material to work off of to find scum makes you look extremely scummy

lol nice omgus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Some of my primary scumtells on Steak:

1) encouraging people to push other people more, without really weighing in on the case itself:

Mr. Steak posted:

dude, what are you even trying to get at here? you think andy is legit scum and so is pq...?

Mr. Steak posted:

what do you think about voodoofly?

2) response to Spoonsy:

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, is spoonsy actually taking cpig's cop claim seriously...?? lmfaooo

(then votes Spoonsy). Opportunistic, dismissive, tonally it implies scumminess without stating it. Subtle way of saying "this is so scummy I don't even need to explain why" to avoid actually explaining why using his trademark "lmfao"

3) zero content spam (not gonna quote all this it's everywhere)

4) re-purposing language to hide behind in order to start a wifom chain around the launch leader

Jose Valasquez posted:

This is it folks, this is the lazy scum "jump on the bandwagon" vote

##vote dmboogie

Mr. Steak posted:

this is it folks, the scumbro trying to stop the bandwagon from gaining momentum

5) taking absurd claim at face value

Mr. Steak posted:

thats a cool ability. i'll vote you for that ##vote squiggs

6) railroading by stating what a vote candidate would have to do to not look scummy, thus putting them in a lose-lose, if Spoonsy comes back and participates (which he would as town) it makes it look like it's in response to Steak's threat

Mr. Steak posted:

but yeah in serious talk, spoonsy you need to come back with some real good, like, genuine scumhunting soon or im basically gonna think you totally fumbled as scum and are too bashful to try recovering

7) massive tonal shift in content after being voted for, starting here.

Then a second massive tonal shift in content after momentum builds:

Sandwolf posted:

That’s a very persuasive case on Steak, I think

Mr. Steak posted:

it is???? lmao

8) Meta defenses - when I'm town I talk like this, but when I'm scum I walk like this!

Steak, despite tons of posting, has had extremely low content. He constantly injects dismissive exclamations into his posts, yet then 180s into seriously responding to people who talk about him, then performative "lmao" at people talking about him, then back to serious when it's about him. His "case" on Spoonsy is never made, merely "lmao"d as if it were a fact, then he further railroads Spoonsy by boxing him in with a "if you're town do this" when it is what any town WOULD do, putting Spoonsy in a no-win scenario. His reaction to Squigg's claim was too immediate and too trusting, and felt like scum looking to get in early on what they would assume was a pro-town roleclaim support. His early-game drivebys of "what do you think about X?" and effective "tell me mores" on other cases pushes them without him actually going on the record with anything.

It's a long and dreary list of scum tells wrapped in a performative air of cavalier confidence and dismissiveness with hard detours into serious conversation whenever people point out how scummy he is.

Vote for Steak.