Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://twitter.com/Action_JRD/status/1267189544857636864

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That’s the standard for self defense. If someone killed a Nazi in similar circumstances, they’d be right to invoke it.

Zimmerman is a colossal piece of poo poo who should have been convicted. That’s a Florida problem, not one with how the basis of self defense laws are founded.

the problem with zimmerman claiming self defense is that he created the danger he claims to have been in. the same thing is true of police.

i am not making a broader argument against fatal self-defense, only about cops; zimmerman was acquitted and lauded by people who recognized he was doing cop work.

e:

Naramyth posted:

Cops should have a higher bar for their ROI than “they were coming right at us”

exactly this. how much money is spent on their equipment and training? how much praise do they demand for how they "put their lives at risk" to "keep people safe?"

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

time to seize the undesirables

de-escalation functioning as normal

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

lol they gonna arrest Obama

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Listen here jack, just shoot the knife out of their hands like in the movies! Pew pew! Rooty-tooty... you know the thing! Ah... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that...

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
What does that even really mean? Is it just some drivel they put out to make dickshit feel better.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Thwomp posted:

Okay that’s weird. I click on the link and in the twitter app is says this tweet has been deleted.

Video of dummy

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1267500214815985665

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

What does that even really mean? Is it just some drivel they put out to make dickshit feel better.

It means they're going to start arresting the people that they want to arrest, using this as justification.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

It means they're going to start arresting the people that they want to arrest, using this as justification.

Hail SS-18 Satan

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://twitter.com/nterryellis/status/1267530485691035664?s=21

The first ME must have been Trump’s doc that said he’s not fat.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

the zimmerman defense, and you're defending it.

That's the law in use of deadly force in most states as far as I'm aware.

Also, several things: Zimmerman put himself in the situation in the first place. He shouldn't have been out there to begin with. What he did was racial profiling, for one, and not his business at all. Every official neighborhood watch ever has been told by police to just call the cops and never to contront anyone. By all accounts he confronted that poor kid. That's not what a "reasonable person" would do, and the fact of the matter is, he should've been charged and convicted of murder 2, or at least negligent homicide. Who even knows if Zimmerman's story of getting his rear end kicked was even true? We don't know. He could've killed the poor kid and staged his injuries to make himself look better.

There are times when some assailant (otherwise unarmed) is beating the poo poo out of someone where the bad guy need to be stopped using deadly force. Whether it's a cop or a civilian, I think if a reasonable person would also fear for their life, I think they should be legally allowed to use deadly force. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you'd agree with me that a woman being beaten by her husband or ex boyfriend should be able to legally defend herself with deadly force without worrying about getting arrested. The law does get perverted in many cases, and I have a huge problem with that. But that's a problem of enforcement, prosecution, and DAs - not with the letter of the law itself.

PookBear posted:

cops are loving idiots incapable of grasping the idea of standoff range when dealing with someone that is possible armed. Some kid has a plastic toy and they'll loving roll up inside 10m to shoot him instead of staying 100m away out of his range. Same with anything they consider to be a melee weapon.

Yuuup. Time, distance, and cover, needs to be ingrained harder. It just seems like it isn't. So many OIS vids on Youtube just show example after example of poo poo training.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jun 1, 2020

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Fister Roboto posted:

Was gonna say, all I heard was "arrest all dissidents". They're just going to call anyone they don't like antifa and arrest them.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Pine Cone Jones posted:

"Turns out you've been right all along, this is a fascist government. Arrest any that oppose us."

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I legit hate this place, my husband called me a coward for wanting to leave the US, where the hell we'd go is beyond me. All I know is that I'm genuinely not alright and want to get off this ride.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

As said earlier don't loving turn in people to the oppressor you're protesting against, jesus

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Handsome Ralph posted:

I still maintain that if Grossman is every portrayed in a movie, they need to have Tony Shaloub play him, but with the same look as his character from MIB.

Holy cow I must have seen that movie a dozen times and never realized that was Tony Shaloub.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Cops in this country do not want to deescalate the current situation because they have a lawful monopoly on force and any peaceful solution would extremely diminish the power wielded by police unions and others that actually control the law enforcement in this country, even if said solutions had actual positive effects on the regular law enforcement members.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

loving impeach now.

This is loving fascism.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Eej posted:

As said earlier don't loving turn in people to the oppressor you're protesting against, jesus

Nah people like that who are either trying to sabotage things and make protestors look worse, or are just taking advantage of the situation absolutely need to be removed and charged.

Alternatively they were just giving him back to his coworkers.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

GUUUUHHHHHHH I hate this chud motherfucker and everything he stands for.

Also hey guys how you've been

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

loving impeach now.

This is loving fascism.

lmao dude

We are waaaaaaaaaaaay past the point of impeachment mattering.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

I think at this point, I just have to hope biden can somehow win...and that we'll have elections and that chuds won't go shooting up polling places

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the whole idea of a national organized ANTIFA with a leadership structure is just a right wing boogeyman concept, right?

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

pkells posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the whole idea of a national organized ANTIFA with a leadership structure is just a right wing boogeyman concept, right?

Not anymore. I’m sure this entire thread is now antifa.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

pkells posted:

No, I'm a vice chair within my region's antifa leadership structure and we have been in direct contact with our national and international leadership committees

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

pkells posted:

In reality? Yes. In practice with regard to this directive? No, and a full like 80% of SA is at risk. Let alone your friends and neighbors.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 1, 2020

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

pkells posted:

Yeah there's no real 'Antifa' organized group, it's just the name people who were counter-protesting fascists gave themselves.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

correct. antifa is a movement and a self-imposed label, not an organization

it's just gonna be a group of people in a local area that are probably in a discord channel, maybe, but it's not like people are running around recruiting to "antifa" or like a group that consider themselves antifa in minneapolis are getting any marching orders from an outside authority

this is basically the old-school communism scare

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

pkells posted:

He just labeled anyone that could've tweeted, marched, had a sticker.

White supremacists know there is no leadership.

They're doing it because it worked for decades in the middle east.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Terrorists don't get real trials.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

In reality? Yes. In practice with regard to this directive? No, and a full list 80% of SA is at risk. Let alone your friends and neighbors.

Sad Al Gore keeping lists in CSPAM feeling a lot more heavy right now.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

loving impeach now.

This is loving fascism.

This is a thing that keeps rattling around my head. We’re 8 months from when the Senate could’ve removed Donnie completely from the picture.

Trump is, of course, responsible for his own actions. However, ever since his acquittal, every single Republican senator is also. (Give or take a Romney).

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Patware posted:

it's just gonna be a group of people in a local area that are probably in a discord channel, maybe, but it's not like people are running around recruiting to "antifa" or like a group that consider themselves antifa in minneapolis are getting any marching orders from an outside authority

I'm hoping its just this sort of poo poo, just mccarthy bullshit and not a foundation to start their own nkvd or what have you. It feels like all I can really do is hope.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Patware posted:

I would go so far as to say that Antifa is more of a lifestyle choice then anything else, like CrossFit, or veganism.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Patware posted:

Theres no Soviet Union or communist party to point to here now so the entire security apparatus is going to be firing blindly at the entire US civilian population.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
How many of you are VFW members? Because they're an organization associated with hundreds of thousands of guys who went HAM against fascists. Be careful, the justice department might get their membership files.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm hoping its just this sort of poo poo, just mccarthy bullshit and not a foundation to start their own nkvd or what have you. It feels like all I can really do is hope.

McCarthyism killed people and ruined many more lives, do not underplay it.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
drat, the FBI agent assigned to monitoring SA must be scrambling to create a bunch of backdated reports because he’s definitely been slacking off for the last decade.

Hey Mr Agent, SMDFTB

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah i'll follow up that when i say 'basically the old-school communism scare' i mean that with everything that entails vis-a-vis the potential for it to be absolutely horrible if it continues down that road

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pine Cone Jones posted:

They know they can do both.

Brown people are locked in cages. On American soil. With no trials.

Brown people are locked up on another nation with no trials.

They know if they put a label on it that suburban America can just barely tolerate... Well boys of Dixie looks like we won the war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ZombieApostate posted:

Was gonna say, all I heard was "arrest all dissidents". They're just going to call anyone they don't like antifa and arrest them.

It's the new McCarthyism.

Gonna go report my neighbor who keeps leaving his trash cans uncovered as the Antifa Supersoldier that we know he is.