Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*busts in through door, trips over coffee table, completely eating poo poo but still manage to raise my head to deliver a savage own* "BECOME" UNREADABLE????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
kids and fun

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Homestuck^2 updated, and now it's going on a break for all of June.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Terezi's outfit and hair are the best.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
wouldn't be homestuck without a hiatus!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

There are words hidden in the first two fuzzy gifs of Terezi waking up, but I can't read them. Also, she's clearly having a conversion with someone in the first few pages of the chapter, but we only get to see half of it.

Like I said before, there's clearly something interesting going on under the surface of Homestuck^2, but it's taking so loving long to get to those interesting parts.

Edit:

My mistake, there are no words hidden it was just my bad eyes playing tricks on me, there isn't actually anything interesting happening here.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 1, 2020

mmmmalo
Mar 30, 2018

Hello!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, she's clearly having a conversion with someone in the first few pages of the chapter, but we only get to see half of it.

Hoping for brainghost!Egbert personally but who knows. It could just as easily be an early indicator of another terminal (from the future in Candy timeline?)... or some other setup for making people talk to themselves

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

it was just my bad eyes playing tricks on me, there isn't actually anything interesting happening here.

Welcome to Homestuck!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mmmmalo posted:

Hoping for brainghost!Egbert personally but who knows. It could just as easily be an early indicator of another terminal (from the future in Candy timeline?)... or some other setup for making people talk to themselves

Yeah I'm hoping for a brain ghost too, why should Jake be the only one who gets a quasi-real imaginary friend?

It could also be the Terezi is going a little crazy and just regular talking to her self and the "we" she's referring to is herself and the John corpse she has in her wallet.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Homestuck^2 updated, and now it's going on a break for all of June.

The Patreon updates are on break for June, but where do you see that HS2 is? I checked the News page.

mmmmalo
Mar 30, 2018

Hello!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Patreon updates are on break for June, but where do you see that HS2 is? I checked the News page.

"The HS2 team going to be taking a short summer break in June. [snip]

We’ve still got another main and bonus update for you here in May, and we’ll be 8ack in the saddle starting in July."

From the Patreon post. Doesn't say it directly exactly, but almost definitely means both main and bonus updates for HS^2 are suspended until July.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

mmmmalo posted:

"The HS2 team going to be taking a short summer break in June. [snip]

We’ve still got another main and bonus update for you here in May, and we’ll be 8ack in the saddle starting in July."

From the Patreon post. Doesn't say it directly exactly, but almost definitely means both main and bonus updates for HS^2 are suspended until July.

Aha! Thanks. I didn't read carefully.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They really should put that where non-patrons can read it if it also applies to regular updates.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
it was on the twitter

https://twitter.com/homestuck/status/1263501634166030337

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

June break

John Egbert is featured in the picture.

June Egbert

:tinfoil:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

That picture is so pure and makes me smile every time it crosses my eyeballs.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Harry Anderson.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We’re coming up on a year since they mentioned Hiveswap Act 2, in case you forgot about it.

The story of this nightmare development is going to be something else.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It'sbeen fun posting with you all, but Lowtax is a domestic abuser and I won't support this site. anyone want to have a dead webcomic discord lol

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

If someone does, send me a link.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Clawtopsy posted:

It'sbeen fun posting with you all, but Lowtax is a domestic abuser and I won't support this site. anyone want to have a dead webcomic discord lol

i would browse after upd8s but not post in it, much like i did here :kiddo:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Screw it, if no one is going to make a better one here have this: https://discord.gg/vrUW2D

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Still holding out hope the forums get sold but I cancelled my Patreon. As for leaving SA, eh I browse with adblock so I don't think just visiting makes anyone a significant amount of money?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's been real, folks. Thanks for a decade of speculating about a silly internet comic.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
I'll miss everyone who is leaving. You are all real, you are all strong, and you are all my friend. :smith:

Lowtax is an abuser.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I joined so many discords today. And I don't even like it, I just love the people I shitposted with for *looks at date* seven years!?

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Homestuck outlasted SomethingAwful

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

MonsieurChoc posted:

for *looks at date* seven years!?

buddy,

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://twitter.com/homestuck/status/1275880181161439240

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Thanks, guys. Thanks in particular for all the good analysis; I remember Plom Bar and Space Cadet Omoly as always being worth listening to.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I kind of unofficially left a month ago and now I'm back to say I will be gone

Y'all can email me at my user name without spaces or capitals at gmail. SOME of you I already follow on Twitter. It's been real. Stay healthy.

(also the fandom got so toxic Hussie himself is no longer involved with hs^2 lol what a month)

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 25, 2020

life_source
May 11, 2008

holy poo poo i know you are leaving but please elaborate????

edit: Man what a freaking poo poo show everything is these days.

Anyways, stay safe, stay healthy. Bye. :smith:

life_source fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 25, 2020

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

life_source posted:

holy poo poo i know you are leaving but please elaborate????

Details are vague at present but one of the writers had been the focus of ongoing harassment since last spring and finally said "gently caress it" and walked. The credits page was edited to reflect this roster change and another name is in an unexpected place.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Thanks, guys. Thanks in particular for all the good analysis; I remember Plom Bar and Space Cadet Omoly as always being worth listening to.

Thanks, I've enjoyed your posts too, hope to see ya (and everyone else) around on discord!

Plom Bar posted:

I kind of unofficially left a month ago and now I'm back to say I will be gone

Y'all can email me at my user name without spaces or capitals at gmail. SOME of you I already follow on Twitter. It's been real. Stay healthy.

(also the fandom got so toxic Hussie himself is no longer involved with hs^2 lol what a month)

Aw geez, that's a bummer. You were one of the most optimistic Homestuck people I knew, I'm sorry it became unfun for you.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
drat, sucks to hear. i still think almost all of you are loving lunatics but i mean this sincerely when i say please be careful and have good internet life.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
id just like to say its really great this thread has had the same drat title for about nine years now, even as steerage is flooding and the strings quartet is playing closer my god to thee

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

paranoid randroid posted:

id just like to say its really great this thread has had the same drat title for about nine years now, even as steerage is flooding and the strings quartet is playing closer my god to thee

Possibly the eldest thread left standing, even as all of SA burns around it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hahaha its not, and not even close homie

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I'll miss the analytical clarity you all shared in this thread. The discussion really deepened my appreciation for this batshit roller coaster. Take care everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the ends were bad! goodnight! *slams trashcan lid*