Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

activision frantically panicking trying to add more non-police operators in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Fried Watermelon posted:

activision frantically panicking trying to add more non-police operators in the game

And cue ever troll MAGA account using D-Day

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

lol some guy just asked if he could get some free shield kills on the other team (mine), then when i look he was doing the kill people while crouched (i assume) challenge lol.

eh, i tossed him a solid 3-4 deaths

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Some guy on a Hardcore shipment match just had a 155-34 K/D ratio.. yeeeeahh.. ok

In the play of the game there was no way he wasn't aimbotting or something, led people as they were sliding around the corner of containers etc.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

codo27 posted:

Anyone else finding bad aliasing at longer distances since the last patch? I changed the AA to SMAA instead of filmic SMAA as I have filmic turned off anyway, strangely is looks less sharp but...more real? I might change it back though

Okay I definitely noticed this too (I'm on filmic SMAA). Buildings in the distance were looking kinda weird and I had never noticed it before.

lol seriously? this game of all games, where I can dress up as the "Border War" cowboy police?

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is a bit funny coming from CIA Blowjobs: The Game.

That said, they're not wrong.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

AndrewP posted:

lol seriously? this game of all games, where I can dress up as the "Border War" cowboy police?

Do you actually think Activision Blizzard is delaying a hugely profitable venture over a matter of principle?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Well, at least the new skins for the defaults are British police.

So what happens now? Do they keep the 2XP going? Do they stop that and just let it be a normal week in season 3?

Maybe if they're sitting on it anyway they could test it?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Well poo poo I was looking forward to a rank reset and new missions

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I'm completely in support of Activision delaying season 4 because it's gonna piss off a massive amount of their maga playerbase and that's cool & good

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just picked the free Battel Royale game a couple of days ago. Man they polished a bunch of stuff that was a complete chore in games like PUBG.

Problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't played a COD game since World at War and all this loadout/levelling up/battle pass stuff has gone completely bonkers. It also doesn't help that I'm pretty poo poo at shooters in my old age.

Are there any good resources for map/weapon/loadout/gameplay guides? Reddit and the like are just a bunch of killcams that make me feel even worse about my skill level and memes.

How long does it take to level up weapons and stuff? From what I've gathered, the whole multiplayer aspect has Warzone and regular MP combined and they aren't independent. Considering I'm lucky to ger one or two kills in a round, am I gonna take months to level up one single rifle or is the rate of levelling adjusted in Warzone to acknowledge the fact you don't get 70 kills like a normal MW game.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm completely in support of Activision delaying season 4 because it's gonna piss off a massive amount of their maga playerbase and that's cool & good

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

skooma512 posted:

Well, at least the new skins for the defaults are British police.
:cawg:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

But now who’s going to answer the question of will the vector be OP or will it be OP?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm down with this :hfive:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Looten Plunder posted:

Just picked the free Battel Royale game a couple of days ago. Man they polished a bunch of stuff that was a complete chore in games like PUBG.

Problem is, I have no idea what I'm doing. I haven't played a COD game since World at War and all this loadout/levelling up/battle pass stuff has gone completely bonkers. It also doesn't help that I'm pretty poo poo at shooters in my old age.

Are there any good resources for map/weapon/loadout/gameplay guides? Reddit and the like are just a bunch of killcams that make me feel even worse about my skill level and memes.

How long does it take to level up weapons and stuff? From what I've gathered, the whole multiplayer aspect has Warzone and regular MP combined and they aren't independent. Considering I'm lucky to ger one or two kills in a round, am I gonna take months to level up one single rifle or is the rate of levelling adjusted in Warzone to acknowledge the fact you don't get 70 kills like a normal MW game.

The only thing Warzone and Multiplayer share are your custom weapon loadouts. These level by kills in various circumstances which by nature means they level faster in MP. This is the only connection between the two modes which have separate challenges

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Knowing Activision they will stop season 3 and just have season 4 start later so we won't have anything for until season 4 starts

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Lemon-Lime posted:

The golden Uzi sadly sucks poo poo because it's the model with the bad ironsights. :(

haha I don't ADS with the uzi!!
Edit: honestly though, I enjoy unlocking sights even though they put me at a disadvantage, so I'm probably gonna run either no-ADS or a sight

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 2, 2020

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Looten Plunder posted:

If you just want quick weapon XP, go into plunder and crank out missions til your dick explodes. I think it helps to have the actual gun that you're leveling out as the mission completes.

They do occasionally also offer temporary multiplayer for WZ players.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Looten Plunder posted:

For guides I like to watch XclusiveAce's stuff since he does a really good job at finding the exact values for stuff in the game. Leveling up weapons just in WZ can take a bit longer, but when you complete the contracts on the map (such as scavenger or assassination) you'll earn exp for whatever gun you have equipped at the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I did it! This week I blitzed my way from level like 30 all the way to 85 just so I could get my hands on my favorite pistol in gaming.

The samurai edge is mine!

My hand hurts!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 2, 2020

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have nothing but gamer time for the next few days and I am gamer mad at a delay

I just wanted to shoot other gamers with new gamer missions

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Actually just patch in a playlist where one team gets riot shields and gas grenades and the other team gets molotovs and the cinder blocks from singleplayer

and theres a third team of infected running around trying to get both of them

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 2, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Give me a nonlethal throwable slot item that's just the rocks from the warzone gulag. I want them to do nothing but throw off people's aim and generally annoy them.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Give Allegiance a shoe to throw, it does one damage or kills anyone in a police uniform instantly

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

In game it's still showing the battle pass season ending in 5 hours?

Was hoping an extension might give me time to get to 100 :(

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

yeah I was surprised by that too, I didn't realize the XP bonus was supposed to overlap with the new season and thought I had way more time in the first place. hopefully they're just working on a hotfix

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
They're delaying it because they're forcing their artists to work even more overtime to replace some seriously offensive cop themed poo poo that was supposed to be in the new battle pass, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gasoline posted:

They're delaying it because they're forcing their artists to work even more overtime to replace some seriously offensive cop themed poo poo that was supposed to be in the new battle pass, right?

New Spec Ops mission is to disperse a peaceful protest.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

man pubbies can eat a dick

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I just hope they leave Shipment 24/7 up.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's a brand new warzone in every city, soldiers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone know the rate of loadout drops in real life?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

moist turtleneck posted:

There's a brand new warzone in every city, soldiers

Your main objective is to kill them all

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s all an arg for the new season

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I just hope they leave Shipment 24/7 up.

They don't seem to ever leave a lobby up for consecutive weeks. It'll probably be like a combo Rust/Shipment or Rust/Shoothouse lobby this week.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

They don't seem to ever leave a lobby up for consecutive weeks. It'll probably be like a combo Rust/Shipment or Rust/Shoothouse lobby this week.

24/7 Euphrates bridge

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The last two nights the HC playlist may as well have been 24/7 Shipment, it got to the point where I was ducking out of lobbies because I just could not do another around of Shipment HC TDM

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

You can sort HC shipment out of quickplay though

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

priznat posted:

Some guy on a Hardcore shipment match just had a 155-34 K/D ratio.. yeeeeahh.. ok

In the play of the game there was no way he wasn't aimbotting or something, led people as they were sliding around the corner of containers etc.

Makes me proud of my 135 kill round. Though I had like 80 or 90 odd deaths I think