Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dacap posted:

Is Lashley’s finisher just a normal rear end full Nelson now?

He’s one of those guys it seems to change every time I see him so I’m never sure what it actually is. It was a spear, then it was just a stalled vertical suplex, wasn’t it the Dominator at some point? I think it’s that in the 2k19 game. At least that one is actually a cool move but I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen him do it.

Also gently caress Jaxson Ryker

He did a spear on I think R. Truth recently and it was loving gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Now send Kallisto to assassinate his ACLs like he did with Lars

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Results 6/1:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Seth Rollins "hosted" the Rey Mysterio "retirement" ceremony.
  • Aleister Black defeated Seth Rollins in a singles match. Austin Theory, Buddy Murphy and Humberto Carrillo all got involved but in the end Black got a clean win.
  • Rollins' forced Black to watch Carrillo get curbstomped, then curbstomped Black too.
  • The commentators plugged the return of Raw Talk as well as the new free tier of the WWE Network.
  • Angel Garza continues to flirt backstage with Charly Caruso. Shawn Michaels thinks Edge will win the "Greatest Wrestling Match of All Time" against Randy Orton.
  • Lana and MVP argued backstage over who is exploiting Bobby Lashley.
  • US Champion Apollo Crews handpicked Kevin Owens as his first challenger. The match ended with a DQ when Andrade attacked.
  • Apollo Crews and Kevin Owens defeated Andrade and Angel Garza in a tag match. Crews once again got a clean pin on Andrade.
  • The Viking Raiders won a game of bowling by a single pin over The Street Profits to even up 2-2 in the "Anything You Can Do, We Can Do Better" challenge.
  • Billie Kay defeated Nikki Cross in a singles match.
  • Rey Mysterio did an injury update from home. His large adult son Dominic warned Seth Rollins that he would exact "an eye for an eye".
  • R-Truth pinned Rob Gronkowski while he was being filmed being filmed for a TikTok video.
  • Nia Jax defeated Kairi Sane in a singles match. Kairi was legit hurt in this match though apparently it was a pure accident rather than Jax being to blame.
  • Edge and Orton did promos about THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH OF ALL TIME coming up at the next PPV.
  • Charlotte Flair defeated Asuka by count-out when Asuka was distracted by Nia Jax doing a parody of Asuka's entrance. The match was really getting good up until they ruined it.
  • Lana decided to be at ringside for MVP's match, since Lashley had only asked her not to be present at his own.
  • WWE Champion Drew McIntyre defeated MVP in a singles match. The show ended with Bobby Lashley putting Drew into a Full Nelson.
  • GDT Discussion here.

What an abysmal piece of trash show

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dropping your catchphrase in a tweet about how you approve of the president calling for the death of Americans is carnie as hell.

He's also going to get murdered by the locker room.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Lol Gunner probably just cost Blake and Cutler their tv time.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/kingricochet/status/1267662795048316934?s=21

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Sanguinia posted:

Gotta love when the stable evoking the rage and pain of post-Vietnam veterans toward the US government that sent them to kill and die for nothing but lies is sucking off the United States President.

gently caress off back to Impact Gunner.

Vietnam occurred before Gunner was born, I think you've put more thought into his gimmick than he has

As Drew Galloway's friend I think his charity raffle is cool and it's being done through the Fanatics website as opposed to official wwe channels. For those who aren't familiar with Fanatics they make the worst sports t-shirts/clothes on the planet, sometimes shredding themselves to pieces on literally the first wash

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Le Saboteur posted:

Dude............... you're the first person in history to name all 3 of the forgotten sons.

*drapes you with a sash and hands you flowers*

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wanna hear how Lacey Evans feels.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

If Jaxson replied "Better than being a good guy on Main Event" it'd be the best bad guy victory since Thanos.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Lol are you familiar at all with WWE and the people who run it

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"US Champion Apollo Crews handpicked Kevin Owens as his first challenger. The match ended with a DQ when Andrade attacked.
Apollo Crews and Kevin Owens defeated Andrade and Angel Garza in a tag match. Crews once again got a clean pin on Andrade."

Remember when Cena's US open challenge ended with DQs into tag matches? God they try to redo the US open challenge EVERY. loving. YEAR. and it's increasingly lame every year. It's not hard, put two work horses together and let them tear the house down and the US champ pins them clean. Nothing else, no put the pen down, don't write the words "but then...". It's the good match then that's it.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Dacap posted:

Is Lashley’s finisher just a normal rear end full Nelson now?

This should be his new theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsX0zHB4LwE

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
There is NO WAY that they would push someone who supported WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ad by Khad posted:

Vietnam occurred before Gunner was born, I think you've put more thought into his gimmick than he has

Yeah but I assume the people who made the gimmick for him put some thought into it.

Down Right Fierce posted:

There is NO WAY that they would push someone who supported WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump.

I mean you say this but look at Lashley's "push," since he came back.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Dude............... you're the first person in history to name all 3 of the forgotten sons.

*drapes you with a sash and hands you flowers*

I had to look up Cutler tbh

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Remember when Bianca got called up? Has she even been on Raw in the last 2 months?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

WWE willingly taking three mediocre bearded white men off TV? Even the plague didn't make them do that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Least the "I didn't remember The Forgotten Sons!" joke is forever dead. Jaxson broke his invisibility in the most yolo way.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol are you familiar at all with WWE and the people who run it

This is super bad optics for them as a company and with a pissed off locker room I don't imagine these guys push is going anywhere. Owens is one of their big contract guys so I imagine he has some sway. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the other guys started going in after KO.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sanguinia posted:

I mean you say this but look at Lashley's "push," since he came back.

He was doing pissed off veteran stuff in TNA and the indies. I think he stole it from Crimson who actually had a kind of funny tongue in cheek version of it in OVW where he was basically deranged and had a whole army of idiots and losers. Then Crimson and Gunner teamed up as a serious military thing once of twice in TNA and Gunner's whole look/vibe shifted from "Mr Intensity" to the vet thing with like James Storm talking about how many people he killed. Then Crimson formed a serious vet team with Jax Dane, former tag partner of Ray Rowe, one of the vikings.

This was today's random rear end indy wrestling memories tangent.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Locker Room Leader Kevin Owens

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Imagine how dumb and bad you have to be for fucken Ricochet to be critical of you

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
We'll know if wwe is okay with it if after a day Ricochet tweets "actully everyone is entitled to their own views"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STAC Goat posted:

I wanna hear how Lacey Evans feels.

Lacey: Look, I'm just a mom, and a 1950s pin-up girl, and a marine, and a Southern belle, and a werewolf enthusiast, but I just want you to know that when I said the N-word, it's a common term of endearment where I come from, which is the same place Hulk Hogan grew up apparently.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Neodoomium posted:

Locker Room Leader Kevin Owens

Roman's gone and who tf is following Seth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Roman's gone and who tf is following Seth

"Follow that!" Seth declared triumphantly as he stepped backstage, but it was empty. Turning back around, Seth started to choke on the dust that had been kicked up by the other wrestlers passing him by.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Le Saboteur posted:

This is super bad optics for them as a company and with a pissed off locker room I don't imagine these guys push is going anywhere. Owens is one of their big contract guys so I imagine he has some sway. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the other guys started going in after KO.

Eh. Most of the guys who spoke out are POC and it seems like a kind of natural response. If it ends here I could see nothing coming of it. I bet someone in WWE went into panic mode after the Owens tweet and started making phone calls. If there's a bunch of pile on, counter from Gunner or the other chuds in WWE, and escalation than its a poo poo show that could cost him. But if it ends here quietly I imagine WWE rightfully assumes its a drop in the ocean and people won't really notice by tomorrow's nightmare.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Most of the guys who spoke out are POC and it seems like a kind of natural response.

:agreed:

Blaise330 posted:

who tf is following Seth

Thinking back fondly to that time he tried to fistfight a fan who dared hold up a sign saying he wasn't cool right after the easy worst match of the year (in a company that already previously had a lot of legit close contenders for that throne)

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1181063958502862849

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Thinking back fondly to that time he tried to fistfight a fan who dared hold up a sign saying he wasn't cool right after the easy worst match of the year (in a company that already previously had a lot of legit close contenders for that throne)

Man that is a hella fragile ego.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
"The show ended with Bobby Lashley putting Drew into a Full Nelson."

Is it 1956?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Is it 1956?

Are you telling me Bobby Lashley put Drew McIntyre in The Master Lock?!?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Golden Bee posted:

Is it 1956?

Best ending since Robert Roode pinned Andrade with pump handle slam

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Golden Bee posted:

Is it 1956?

I think you'll find that the Queen of England endorsed the Warlord in his match against the British Bulldog for his use of Lord Horatio Nelson's favored hold in the Year Of Our Lord 1991. :colbert:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Lacey: Look, I'm just a mom, and a 1950s pin-up girl, and a marine, and a Southern belle, and a werewolf enthusiast, but I just want you to know that when I said the N-word, it's a common term of endearment where I come from, which is the same place Hulk Hogan grew up apparently.

Lacey: [Incoherent N-wording]

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SteveCutlerWWE/status/1267674663485931522

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Tre34qxyn/status/1267661136272355328

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jaxson Ryker is doing a vignette with the other Forgotten Sons when suddenly he winces in pain,"Oh no... it's happening again? I'm... being... forgott-" then he fades out of existence and from that point on everybody talks about how The Forgotten Sons are now and always have been simply a two-man tag-team.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

Can’t believe Becky Lynch is with this lunkhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Jerusalem posted:

Jaxson Ryker is doing a vignette with the other Forgotten Sons when suddenly he winces in pain,"Oh no... it's happening again? I'm... being... forgott-" then he fades out of existence and from that point on everybody talks about how The Forgotten Sons are now and always have been simply a two-man tag-team.

Is it? Could it be? It is! Steve Cutler and [Another Person], The Remembered Sons!