Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

catlord posted:

I think it's a glove, Camoran's got one in a similar style in panel 4, and if you look closely at panel 7 Val appears to have one as well (and at that point, only one).
Yeah looks like he wears one glove on his non-sword hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah looks like he wears one glove on his non-sword hand.

Val's expression on that stamp looks exactly like :imunfunny:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 6/1/00

Brenda Exposition 2/23/41

Smokey Stover 9/15/35

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

amigolupus posted:

Val's expression on that stamp looks exactly like :imunfunny:

That’s Young Iraine!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Green Intern posted:

Really, it’s Camoran’s fault. Sure, having ongoing feasts kept the castle’s spirits high, but if they had just had single cheeseburgers instead of doubles, the question of Starve or Fight wouldn’t have come up quite so fast.

Yeah, and if Mama Cass had given half her roast beef sandwich to Karen Carpenter, they'd both still be alive today. Makes you think, eh?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set gets a stupid answer.

Working Daze is so incredibly embarrassing when it tries to be relevant.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix all comes down to this.

Cul De Sac makes dreams into reality.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Half of a extra long catch-up post...

Sally Forth

Skippy (December 21-24, 1932)

Just in case your eyes are as bad as mine...

quote:

Dear Lord, I always had the feelin' that you could see inside people, an' that's why I never hid nothin' from you. When I'm on the outside I boast like everything, I know, but talkin' to you I never did even a teeny, weeny bit o' boastin--just myself, I am. You might say it's 'cause I know you can see the inside o' me, but please don't let me think o' that.

Pretty soon it's goin' to be Christmas an' there's folks I know who aint got nothin' to look forward to. Pop says human beings is like threads an' when they stick together they make a beautiful cloth. Dear Lord, if that's right, threads is breakin' 'cause they're worn out. What good is a cloth if there's holes all through it? There's folks just like threads--worn out. Some o' them is beginin' to break 'cause there's nothin' to support them.

If you could get all the people to reach out their hands an' take hold o' each other, everybody'd be pullin' together. It'd be like weavin' the cloth all over again an' savin' it. If you could do this, Dear Lord, it'd be the elegantest Christmas present you ever gave the world. It couldn't come at a better time.

Peanuts (May 31-June 5, 1973)

Oh gently caress Me, It's Frankie Daterape Time Again...

Crankshaft

More to come...

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I don't want to read that much Funky Winkerbean at once aa --- wait wait wait what's this sleazebag character, tell me he's going to torment Les!!!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Nah, Frankie's going to get owned by Les's superior intellect while he and his wife do smug faces in the final panels.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Selachian posted:

Brenda Exposition 2/23/41

This comic very quickly took on a rather extreme science fiction bent. I'm halfway expecting some kid in the mailroom is going to turn out to be Superboy.

I was kind of intrigued at first because I interpreted the prospector line as mundane and functional, like this was going to be Planetes but for space miners. Not sure why I would make an assumption like that, since the tone of all the fake comics in Funky is just generic pulpy trash.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Why would anyone bother running a four AM radio show live?

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Solomon being a naive idiot failure when it comes to women seems new. I'm pretty sure when we were starting out Solomon was dating women fairly regularly.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 3, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's going to be an exact rerun of the same loving frankie storyline from the last time les was trying to make a movie where frank lurks in a car a bit being sinister before putting into action his masterplan of chasing wealth and fame by filming a reality tv show where he reunites with the son he never knew and is defeated solidly by the son saying "hey, like you might be my biological dad but i don't really respect you or want anything to do with you or this because you raped my mom so why would i help you in this idea of piggybacking off a movie that might feature you in the sense that it recounts the history of a woman who, might i remind you, you raped."

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wasn't that a retcon though? I don't want this noted specifically but I thought the author made it rape instead of just a high school pregnancy years after the fact.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Did anyone miss Heart of the City?

Well I'm posting it anyway!

And here's Jim's Journal and Citizen Dog

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wasn't that a retcon though? I don't want this noted specifically but I thought the author made it rape instead of just a high school pregnancy years after the fact.

We actually just saw the next most recent reference to it, thanks to the Funky recaps. And yeah, Lisa's just talking to her teenage son who she's just met for the first time about the importance of using protection. This was totally unprovoked and out of nowhere, and a very odd thing to say in reference to a nonconsensual sexual encounter where she presumably did not have the luxury of insisting on using a condom.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I shall spare you the GC comments.

But a number of them think that Anne has a point and is doing a pretty cool move here.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

BigDave posted:

Well I'm posting it anyway!
Sure go for it. I'm genuinely interested to see how it goes.

Some Guy TT posted:

I was kind of intrigued at first because I interpreted the prospector line as mundane and functional, like this was going to be Planetes but for space miners. Not sure why I would make an assumption like that, since the tone of all the fake comics in Funky is just generic pulpy trash.
I misread 'claim' as 'clam' and was pretty surprised that made it past the editors for a good two seconds.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yes, in the 90s.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns I'm always fascinated by all of the friends they seem to have.

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell This is going to get stupid.

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I just love that episode #464 of Dharma is just called "Idiot"

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

quote:

Hagar The Horrible

Oddly topical for a loan shark to needlessly go into debt just to buy real estate.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

drat didn't know Sally and Ted were friggin cut

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

BigDave posted:

I missed Heart. Thank you for posting it. Also, you've got a dupe here.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

1978 Comics

All Dick Tracys Are Bastards

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Haifisch posted:

All Dick Tracys Are Bastards

I know the intuitive reading of this would be that Crystal's the middle school girl. Except she doesn't look like a middle school girl and I don't trust Dick Tracy to be intuitive so I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zelda

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress is going on in that Locher Tracy storyline. Holy poo poo the awful bird puns.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Good Zelda.

Bad Zelda.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Manuel Calavera posted:

gently caress is going on in that Locher Tracy storyline.

He is going to blow him into a pile of feathers, unless Dick Locher, Mike Kilian and Dick Tracy salute the heroes of 9/11.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Man in Black

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Kennel posted:

Man in Black

This one's really screwing with me. I didn't think the black stuff was water at first but then when I saw the boat I couldn't remember what I thought the black stuff was. I think I thought it was the sky even though it doesn't look like the sky at all now and I can't figure out why I assumed that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Forest, maybe?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That brings back some wonderful memories. My brother and I used to do that to freak out the solos.

Some Guy TT posted:

This one's really screwing with me. I didn't think the black stuff was water at first but then when I saw the boat I couldn't remember what I thought the black stuff was. I think I thought it was the sky even though it doesn't look like the sky at all now and I can't figure out why I assumed that.

Low clouds? That was my thought.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

In today's Corto Maltese: Frankly, right now I'm on the side of the Lt. Sakai - do these journalists think that the Russian snipers will think 'oh, looks like civilians on the battlefield, better not shoot at them?', or Cuno's London's like Cuno's London's Dad - Cuno London doesn't give a gently caress about anything, or Cpt. Sibauchi has a bad day

Also, I said toy boat three times fast. It sounded like toy boat being said three times fast. What am I missing?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (October 21, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (October 21, 1998)

Garfield Classic (October 21, 1988)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Marla has always been terrible.

How many new characters have they created? Do any of them ever get a second story?

JethroMcB posted:

drat didn't know Sally and Ted were friggin cut
I feel like I've noticed that before, but it still surprised me to see it.

Some Guy TT posted:

Good Zelda.

Bad Zelda.
Other way around. The first one is basically saying "if you're not going to do everything, why bother doing anything at all?" It's still a good idea to choose healthy food even if you have other unhealthy habits. And in the second one, the obnoxious killjoy comes across as dumb for reacting seriously to an obvious joke and ignoring the excellent point the red-haired woman makes in panels two and three.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tiggum posted:

How many new characters have they created? Do any of them ever get a second story?

I can remember the gorilla and time-traveling girl with her dog. But I don't think either of them actually had stories, nor does this one for that matter. They're just describing premises.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Samovar posted:

Also, I said toy boat three times fast. It sounded like toy boat being said three times fast. What am I missing?

It's a classic tongue twister.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDE2ynfVxqY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Some Guy TT posted:

This comic very quickly took on a rather extreme science fiction bent. I'm halfway expecting some kid in the mailroom is going to turn out to be Superboy.

Why would anyone bother running a four AM radio show live?

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Solomon being a naive idiot failure when it comes to women seems new. I'm pretty sure when we were starting out Solomon was dating women fairly regularly.

I really thought this was about Taku until the last few panels.