Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making my read the hate speech he posted online out loud to me?

quote:

My son got in trouble for posting about how all mixed race people should die, and women should be sex slaves to white men.

The police came, and told me what he did, and showed me, and I had him go through a program where he went to jail <unknowingly to him just for 1 day>.

my son is 14, and Ive came up with the punishment for him.

I sat him down, and gave him 8 pieces of paper stapled together of all his post the police gave me.

I told him to look at it, and know hes not going back to his room until he reads it all out loud word for word, and looks me in the eye.

He said "NO mom please I didnt mean it", I said "Im waiting for you to start".

He kept reading, saying all these disgusting things out loud, and he was cringing every second of it.

At about half way through he said "please mom I dont want to read this one, I already went to jail can I just throw it away, I didnt mean it".

And I said nothing, I simply waited on him to read it, and he started talking about how women shouldnt have the right to say no, and he looked at me with tears starting to form in his eyes.

AITA or was my punishment fair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

holy poo poo

outside of the jailed for a day poo poo this was good.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

That is rock-loving-solid and I'm going to remember it if I should be cursed with chud offspring someday

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Smirking_Serpent posted:

OP's on the right track. Either way, A for effort.

coronatae posted:

That is rock-loving-solid and I'm going to remember it if I should be cursed with chud offspring someday

Yet another reason not to have children.

Look, a post from OP's failson:

AITA for making a racist joke?

quote:

I was talking among some close friends and we were talking about this black girl I dated and I said jokingly "You wont believe how much I paid for her" I didn't mean it in any derogatory term. My friend says "OHHHHHHH Im telling her sister you said that!". The next day her sister comes over and chews me out for saying that about her sister. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT:It shouldn't affect your judgement but the friend who told her sister about the jokeIi made says the n word alot so I thought I could be a little less pc around them

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 3, 2020

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It shouldn't affect your judgment but I do have a black friend actually so that gives me a pass

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

OP's on the right track. Either way, A for effort.

Yet another reason not to have children.

Look, a post from OP's failson:

AITA for making a racist joke?

Lol at that last line. “I only said it because I didn’t think I’d get caught.”

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

KingSlime posted:

It shouldn't affect your judgment but I do have a black friend actually so that gives me a pass

OP's friend is friends with the gf's sister. I don't think there's any reason to believe the friend is black.

AITA for calling my dad a pussy whipped cuck?

quote:

My mum died around 10 years ago and my dad got remarried, and this woman has 2 kids form a previous marriage. And they always mess with me, recently I saved up $3000 and bought a high quality gaming PC. I was proud of myself since I worked at my job to get it, and had a lot of plans but my step mum suggested I should share with my siblings but I told her to get hosed and to by her own one for her kids.

They do have their own computer in the living room, I came home from work last night to find my keyboard was sticky. And the screen had a small crack in the corner, and I was fuming i started shouting at my step mother and step siblings not to touch my poo poo. And my dad said I need to be more generous I said I don’t want their grubby disgusting hands on my things.

I called him a pussy whipped cuck for putting his wife before his son, he yelled at me and I got sent to my room. My step siblings are always bullying me and he does nothing to stop it, I don’t think I should be the one in trouble here. But AITA

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 3, 2020

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

pentyne posted:

He's still a moron because

a) 80% of a corporate/office/cubicle job is play acting at being busy and liking your job
b) Never burn a bridge behind you in your job history
c) Using them as a reference one day means they might poo poo talk you about that with the vague "not a team player" terms
d) It takes zero effort to lie and make up an excuse about needing to leave on time
e) There's no reason to be an anti-social loner if you have coworkers, you can socialize with them around the coffee maker or chat for a few minutes about work/life casual topics
f) He sounds like someone who expects to get by on the merits of his work alone and sees socializing at a job he hates as beneath him which is far more telling about his personality then anything else; most human beings have jobs they hate and at least get along with the people they work with to stay sane
g) Don't talk poo poo about your current employer on social media, and especially don't get negative about them in the middle of a performance review, save that for when you've moved on

shut the gently caress up bootlicker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Expensive private schools are just a pipeline to ensure that rich failsons have an avenue for failing upwards their entire lives, with a veneer of plausible deniability that you aren't actively selecting for a certain kind of old money privilege. That's what you're paying for.

Like, look at Boris Johnson. Absolutely zero merits as a human being, but he gets to lead the conservative party and be prime minister because he went to the right schools and managed to be the least off-putting of his classmates.

*citation needed*

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

therobit posted:

*citation needed*

I'll admit, I base that mostly on being told that his main competition was Jacob Rees-Mogg.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The British upper class has a monopoly on being just loving weird as all get out for no purposeful reason. Any film that depicts rednecks or poor white people as the villains would be twice as goddamn scarier with rich British gammon.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jonathan Swift and his baby eating article was so controversial because everyone knew that the british aristocracy breeding the irish for food was something they actually would do.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also they're almost certainly all pedophiles.

Boris Johnson seems ahead of the pack by appearing to prefer adult, possibly consenting, human women.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That we know of.

He probably only gets off by crushing baby swans or something.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

AITA for how I reacted to my cousin's YouTube prank?

quote:

My cousin has a YouTube channel and he has been kinda obnoxious since he's had it.
He's been into doing YouTube pranks, and at a family event last week he walked up to me and knocked my phone out of my hands and broke it while his sister filmed. I was really upset because I had a lot of vacation pics on it that I hadn't backed up, plus I just liked my phone. It wasn't terribly expensive, I only paid 200 bucks for it refurbished but I still liked it.
I was like "what the gently caress would you do that for" and getting mad. And he was like "chill, it's just a prank, you get a new iPhone' and he gave me this phone that I guess was the newest iPhone.
I was like "what the gently caress, I want my old phone fixed' and he was being like 'but this is worth like 10 times as much' and going on and on about the specs. He seemed baffled I didn't want it, and I wanted my lovely old phone back
I asked him if it was really mine, mine to keep, to do whatever I wanted with. And he goes yeah. So I throw the phone at the ground and break it. And I tell him that he still owes me for my phone off mine that he broke.
He's freaking out, and goes to his mom. And it all comes out. That iPhone wasn't his to give away, it was one his parents bought him and was still under contract.
So I'm mad because I had my phone broken, my cousins parents are mad because he had the iPhone they bought for him broken.
I ended up getting my pictures recovered from my broken phone, learned a lesson about backing them up.
But where things stand.. i think my cousin owes me an actual replacement, the same phone he broke of mine.
My cousin has been very quiet but his parents think I owe him an iPhone because I broke the one they bought for him.
I think I don't owe them money for the iPhone because I only broke it after asking if it was mine to do whatever I want with
AITA for how I reacted to the "prank"?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

SerialKilldeer posted:

No. You're a hero.

Every one of these stupid little boys should learn the harsh lesson that youtube celebrities are shitheads living in a fantasy world.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SerialKilldeer posted:

...what even was the prank? At some point the filming stops and is the cousin just gonna be "uh, hey I need that iPhone back" and what, buy the OP a new phone?

The cousin is 17 so those parents need to nip that poo poo in the bud immediately before that moron does some Jake Paul poo poo like looting "ironically" and filming the whole thing.

edit: Hey thanks for the new av I was getting bored of red text.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 3, 2020

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SerialKilldeer posted:

I hope the sister uploaded the video because that twist ending is an amazing prank.

"Bro pranks his cousin BACKFIRE"

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not gonna lie, a compilation video of these dumbass "prank" morons getting owned when their victims snap back and deal with the little shits properly would be amazing schadenfreude.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

pentyne posted:

edit: Hey thanks for the new av I was getting bored of red text.

shut the gently caress up loser, lmao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

pentyne posted:

...what even was the prank? At some point the filming stops and is the cousin just gonna be "uh, hey I need that iPhone back" and what, buy the OP a new phone?

It's a YouTube prank. He gets to look magnanimous on camera and act like there's no harm done. He was definitely gonna take it back afterwards and think that was the end of it. What's the OP gonna do, sue him?

OP had the exactly correct response. I honestly can't think of anything they could possibly have done differently.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

This young man has taken Ben Franklin's advice.

And it's working out. Good for them.

Love how this thread can't help itself but to keep cheering on pedophile relationships but only as long as they're of correct genders.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

OP should have sold the brand new iPhone and done something cool with the money, like buy a bunch of bots to put fake copyright strikes on his shithead cousin's youtube channel.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

quote:

My boyfriend has really creepy secret photos.

So long story short my boyfriend (26) has/had a drug problem. I go threw his phone on occasion just because we’ve had trust issues about him lying and being sneaky, but not with girls, just with drugs. I’m had substance abuse issues in the back so I don’t judge him as much for that. Anyway, I found pictures of a few girls he used to hook up with and he had edited their faces onto naked bodies.... He had TONS of naked photos of one girl that his friend had sent him and she didn’t even know he had them. Also a few girls who rejected him and his best friends MOM and sister... He deleted them and cried immediately when I woke him up and called him out.

He went to a voluntary inpatient rehab and has been gone for about a week and I’ve forgiven him about lying and being sneaky about drugs. But I’m having a really hard time getting past the creepiness of what I found. I talked to one of the girls and I am about 99% confident he didn’t actually cheat on me because they weren’t interested in him. I don’t know if he would have but I actually doubt it just because we have had a really great relationship otherwise. He begged for forgiveness, swears it was a weird drug fueled moment. He admitted it was creepy as hell and apologized repeatedly. It feels weird to break up with someone for their weird sexual interest. But it’s just so creepy to me. And honestly I feel like he might be hung up on one of the girls. And she kinda looks like me. So now every time I think of having sex with him I feel like he’s gonna be imagining her. Is this not as weird as I think?

I know the obvious answer is yes and just to break up with him but I love him. He deleted most of his social media and I have all of his passwords. I just don’t know if we can ever build that trust back. Is this something you could get over?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What drug causes photoshop binges? I'd like to know, cos my photo editing skills are poo poo, wondering if snorting a doobie or something would help.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Sunswipe posted:

What drug causes photoshop binges? I'd like to know, cos my photo editing skills are poo poo, wondering if snorting a doobie or something would help.

Content Aware Fill. Not even once!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My mother (59F) pushed my (31F) sons (10 month) stroller near a street out of anger

quote:

Some background, my mom is my son’s primary caregiver while I’ve been working from home due to COVID. I can’t believe I’m even posting this. I was walking with my mom and baby in stroller down a street, we were on a sidewalk. We got into a heated discussion about current events, and the conversation escalated. At no point did either of us raise our voice, however.

At one point she became so upset by what she was saying that she abruptly pushed the stroller forward and let go—I grabbed it immediately and was livid. I told her to go home and I walked away. She’s now love bombing me via text and begging to see her grandson again.

I don’t really feel like she understands the seriousness of her actions and that she disregarded his safety—for example the stroller could have lost control and gone into the street. I’ve tried to address that with her via text but she thinks I am overreacting and that she “would never hurt him.” Basically do I let her into my son’s life and under what circumstances? I’m just not okay with this. That being said, she adores my son and has always taken great care of him. So this has me reeling.

Tl;dr : mom pushed my sons stroller forward aggressively out of anger, says it was a mistake and wants to see my son. Do I find a way to move past this?

Grandma: “excuse me, all lives matter!” [shoves grandkid careening into traffic]

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teen witch posted:

My mother (59F) pushed my (31F) sons (10 month) stroller near a street out of anger

Grandma: “excuse me, all lives matter!” [shoves grandkid careening into traffic]

fodder for the estrangement thread :allears:

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

teen witch posted:

The British upper class has a monopoly on being just loving weird as all get out for no purposeful reason. Any film that depicts rednecks or poor white people as the villains would be twice as goddamn scarier with rich British gammon.

Deliverance in tweed sounds terrifying!

"I say, old boy, would you mind giving us a little squeal?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tashilicious posted:

That we know of.

He probably only gets off by crushing baby swans or something.

There was literally a reporter who wrote a glowing article on him while Boris was loving his wife

The british are an impossibly degraded people

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was literally a reporter who wrote a glowing article on him while Boris was loving his wife

The british are an impossibly degraded people

"Cucked by Brit-Trump: A glowing opinion piece"

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"Creative" punishments are usually pretty stupid, but this is very good. The day in jail stuff sounds dumb as hell though.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

quote:

he threatened to kill a man for being gay on twitter, and posted illegal gore pictures to mock him.

quote:

he was, he posted gore to a homosexual man, and threatened to kill him, when the police further investigated they found out all the other things he had been posting on the account, and from the ip

quote:

he harassed others on twitter, and posted long rants on 4chan.

also do women use 4chan?

Feels like OP is going to need to be way more proactive about knowing what their son is doing online in the future.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

quote:

Someone just beat the crap out of someone else who is very important to me; all over some old pictures of an ex (who she doesn’t even know) that my friend was keeping around for the sake of good memories. He was with his wife for ten years, and they both still get along. This girl started destroying his property and losing her collective mind when she found these photos of his. She and my friend were just friends - not that being in a relationship would condone this behavior. This girl is entitled and plays with peoples emotions, and then beats the crap out of men and plays the victim because she’s the woman in the relationship and feels she can get away with it. She drew blood on him and was punching him in the face repeatedly while he was driving a vehicle. He wouldn’t defend because he didn’t want to hurt her. I’m a nurse and I tended his wounds. She’s stalking him now.

What the heck is wrong with people?

I don’t normally wish ill on anyone, but in this situation...I’d love to deliver someone their karma. Or some really bad luck. I’d like more information on hexes and/or curses. Reason is below if you care to read. If you prefer to stay drama-free (kudos, first of all), any information you might have on the topic would be helpful.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

fins posted:

Deliverance in tweed sounds terrifying!

"I say, old boy, would you mind giving us a little squeal?"

Was this not the plot of "hot fuzz" ?

pentyne posted:

Feels like OP is going to need to be way more proactive about knowing what their son is doing online in the future.

I was going to say "imagine what a huge chud piece of poo poo OP's son is that his posts are so spicy that the cops track him down and spank him" but it looks like the hearts have been broken. Imagine wanting to keep your child after he does this.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah that's some You Don't Get To Live In This House Anymore level poo poo tbh

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Pretty good posted:

Yeah that's some You Don't Get To Live In This House Anymore level poo poo tbh

Yeah, I agree.
My boyfriends (26M) cum took off my (21F) tan and now I don’t know what to do

quote:

So let me set the scene. I’m getting loving railed, as per, and my boyfriend pulls out just as he’s about to finish and cums all over my stomach and boobs. Super hot. Nothing could go wrong, right?

Well, earlier in the day, I’d done my usual routine. Shaved, showered, and put on some fake tan because I wanna be a biscuit brown baby.

Anyway, now I have cum shaped tan lines all over my stomach and boobs. I don’t know what to do. It is SO obvious, and it’s SO hot where we are. I cannot wear anything that covers those areas completely because it’s so warm.

I don’t know how to fix this. Do I reapply my tan and just have a darker everything else. Would that even work? The tan lasts for like 2 weeks.

Help me.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
/r/relationships: I’m getting loving railed, as per

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AKA Pseudonym posted:

"Creative" punishments are usually pretty stupid, but this is very good. The day in jail stuff sounds dumb as hell though.

Yeah, they should have left him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Once the cops heard what he was in for, they let him out immediately and gave him high fives.

AITA for riding this elevator in my high rise building

quote:

So I live on the 23rd floor of a building with broken elevators all the time. It's usually a wait for one. So people feel like they have the power to have their own elevator because they don’t wanna get infected. So these two old people were like "we'll just take this one." I'm like "I'll come too." The old guy says "oh you're still coming without a mask." So my floor arrived and I said "oh look no one died." And he said a smart remark back and I said gently caress you and walked away. How dare they think they get their own elevators. If they wanted an elevator without me, they can wait for the next one. They don’t have the power to stop anyone from going on unless it’s clearly too crowded. Opinions?
:guillotine: