Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

OpenSourceBurger posted:

TBH I'm gonna get clowned for this but my g/f, her sister and I are going to hit Disney in Halloween of 2020. We were originally going in May but of course that didn't happen.

I know it's not the best time to be going, but I hope we can have fun still
at this point it doesn't matter, everyone is gunna get it at some point and global neolib capitalism will not abide shutdown 2.0.

make sure to stock up on edibles and other drugs

hopefully the waits aren't ttoo bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Can the goons that had the Roner report back? wonder how many cases in SA

Hope they still alive
I had a 105 fever and killer headache and sore throat for about 4 days and then felt decrepit for a week, never got tested and eventually recovered

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Disney is social distancing the ride lines and there is no fast pass I think

rip

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Xaris posted:

at this point it doesn't matter, everyone is gunna get it at some point and global neolib capitalism will not abide shutdown 2.0.

make sure to stock up on edibles and other drugs

hopefully the waits aren't ttoo bad

That's pretty much where I'm at

I'm minimizing outings as much as possible, just getting groceries, because my wife and I have privileged computer toucher work from home jobs

But I know eventually I'm bound to pick it up somewhere, whether it's once we're forced back into offices in the fall, or when the gyms open back up, when restaurants are fully open and we break down and go in like November or something assuming it's fine... lol

Nothing's fine and everyone's getting this

America will absolutely not lockdown again

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Lol he really does think he has magical powers that negate reality

he always has, it blows my mind people don't realize this about trump.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I'm definitely still stocking up, especially now that everything but clorox style wipes is back in stock. I"m not buying a case of soup, but I'll definitely pick up a couple extra cans, just for that reason.

I've got a pretty good stash of beans now, my rice is lacking, and I've got SPAM for days.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, wasn't expecting my dead meme joke to become the title. Thanks!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also Velveeta, I figure shelf-stable cheese can come in handy at some point.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

you can always tell who’s korean by the shape of their KF94 mask

it has an origami that lets it fold away or open to cover your face in a bowl

comes with a hook to tighten the straps behind your head

blocks 94% of small particles but is also oil resistant

definitely doesn’t get as good of a seal as 3M N95s

lots of counterfeits on ebay, but my radiologist uncle in Korea was able to mail some to me now (I sent him a bunch of surgical masks when the epidemic started in Korea)

only for Kool Koreans

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

In all extreme seriousness, it won't . The unemployment system has no concept of how to deal with anyone who didn't work one job at one place for a long time. They're mystified by the concept of people working odd jobs or not receiving pay regularly. Working on a project for 10 weeks and only getting paid at completion - the system doesn't understand that at all. Make your decision around this

good argument for UBI in the gig economy era

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/picardonhealth/status/1268160906011324419

Oops!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
my former manager just called me and told me she and several staff tested positive for coronavirus antibodies. presumably when they were sick in February, i also got sick when she was sick. should i let someone know?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
i miss the daily crack pinging and cum infections in this thread

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

the world salutes your brave sacrifice being the control group

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

mod sassinator posted:

does the overlap with riots mean we’ll have cool infections, or will it be the cum zone

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

mod sassinator posted:

Yeah the protests and riots with the big helicopters are a very different kinda crack ping

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

err posted:

my former manager just called me and told me she and several staff tested positive for coronavirus antibodies. presumably when they were sick in February, i also got sick when she was sick. should i let someone know?

back in feb?

nah, it wouldn't matter at this point, that was 4 months ago

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator posted:

Are you able to get infected with cum more than once? I'm asking for a friend :ohdear:

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
I don't think I'm ever going to leave my cabin in the woods so you can leave your good buddy COVID-420 off your list of "everybody's gonna get it" :twisted:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mod sassinator posted:

no lie April was the worst month mental health wise for me

can’t wait for the next few months

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1268236026297888768

Good for covid-19

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

wonder if is Trump ordering that Hydroxycloroquine be supplied to the national guard and prison guard protecting the White House

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Atrocious Joe posted:

wonder if is Trump ordering that Hydroxycloroquine be supplied to the national guard and prison guard protecting the White House

I dunno but I'm now imagining them spraying it all over their mouths like warboys before they go to their posts.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Greeley is the home rule municipality that is the county seat and the most populous municipality of Weld County, Colorado, United States.According to a July 2019 estimate by the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of the city is 108,649,[7] and a 2019 population estimate made Greeley the 12th-most-populous city in Colorado.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a month and a day until the most infectious independence day yet

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Greeley is the home rule municipality that is the county seat and the most populous municipality of Weld County, Colorado, United States.According to a July 2019 estimate by the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of the city is 108,649,[7] and a 2019 population estimate made Greeley the 12th-most-populous city in Colorado.

nice new twist

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

:tipshat:

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sunny Side Up has issued a correction as of 14:09 on Dec 14, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/j_sato/status/1266154734538256384?s=20

quote:

To date, Bulgaria has had only 2,477 COVID-19 cases and their daily number is decreasing (17 on Thursday 28 May). 198 people are hospitalized of which 20 in intensive care. There have been 134 deaths.

Bulgaria is also a major producer of the vaccine, exporting it to 140 countries. Its state-owned company Bul Bio is one of 22 pharmaceuticals firms worldwide that manufactures it, and only one of three in the European Union.

Bulgaria is also one of just four suppliers to the WHO — alongside India, Japan and Denmark — for the United Nations’ anti-tuberculosis campaigns in Africa and Asia.

The government hopes that Bulgaria, the EU’s poorest country, could benefit from its leading position as a major producer of BCG.

On a recent visit to Sofia-based Bul Bio, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov pledged additional funding of 10.4 million leva (€5.2 million) for a new production line that would double the company’s annual production to more than four million vials, the equivalent of 40 million
shots.

“Due to the slim profit margins and the complex production process, there is real pressure on the supply of the vaccine on an international scale,” Bul Bio chief executive Rumen Kofinov told AFP.

“We are the most BCG-ed country in the world,” with four obligatory shots administered before adulthood, the chief of Bulgaria’s National Centre for Infectious and Parasitic Diseases, Todor Kantardzhiev, said in a recent interview.

twoday has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Jun 3, 2020

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Give it to me, the bcg that is

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

We are the most BCG-ed country in the world

twoday
May 4, 2005

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

We are the most BCG-ed country in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8DNStF3TE

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Iron Crowned posted:

Are you able to get infected with cum more than once? I'm asking for a friend :ohdear:

Yeah, takes about 9 months for the antibodies to fade.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

lmao

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Still lmaoing at Sweden
"Heh it looks bad now but you guys will look like fools and we'll be drinking lingonberry sauce outside straight from the bottle, you'll see"

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Sunny Side Up posted:

cdc death data is still trickling in from last week. starting to increase again

Side note:

https://twitter.com/thehowie/status/1268289141000863751

Good news.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

It seems like we have some combination of seasonality, hygiene, or limiting high risk activities that is keeping things at a simmer instead of blowing back up. Though Im sure under reporting is a factor.

We are trying to get in some activities that are outside and away from people while we can before wave two hits. I dont think my kid is ever going back to preschool.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
don't test results take like a week to be reported still?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Acelerion posted:

It seems like we have some combination of seasonality, hygiene, or limiting high risk activities that is keeping things at a simmer instead of blowing back up. Though Im sure under reporting is a factor.

We are trying to get in some activities that are outside and away from people while we can before wave two hits. I dont think my kid is ever going back to preschool.

schools and offices have been closed since March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Acelerion posted:

Hygeine as a criteria for judgements is questionable because it often plays into racial stereotypes. For instance the Italians were hit harder than the Dutch early on, and many Dutch newspapers originally played this off by saying, "ah, well it won't be so bad here because we aren't as filthy as those drat Italians" whereas the Dutch ranked highest among European nations who didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

One interesting factor that isn't taken into consideration much is humidity. The more humid a place is, the less chance there is that the virus will survive there. New York and Northern Italy are for instance very humid, but only in the summer, which could explain why numbers are relatively low there now. This plays into the seasonality which you mentioned.

twoday has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Jun 3, 2020