Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Wasn't EA supposed to have put its Origin stuff on Steam by now or did I get jebaited by my dreams again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Their new games are going to be on Steam but I don't remember anything about retroactively ports.

edit: of course, like pretty much all announcements made earlier than February, it could just be indefinitely delayed.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

They are slow rolling new stuff onto Steam, they aren't rushing to put the back catalog on there because they have to make sure things are compatible and tail sales are only worth so much effort($$$). EA access is supposed to be available on Steam sometime "this spring", the bigger titles(BFV FIFA Sims 4 Etc.) "this year" and plans probably changed in February.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 3, 2020

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
IIRC if you buy an EA game on Steam, you still have to launch with Origin? Yes?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah, same as with Uplay games.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Look Sir Droids posted:

Not all but most of the new ones, yes.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Look Sir Droids posted:

Depends on the game, Fallen Order yes, C&C remastered no. It tells you on the Steam page for the individual games. I expect most games going forward will be no.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Cardiovorax posted:

It does, yes. The demo is the full game, it just's restricting you a maximum of 20 in every stat and skill. You can carry the save data right over, although you might have to manually copy it.

Kenshi is a great game that I have spent hundreds of hours on. It's also highly idiosyncratic, though, so it's a good idea to play the demo first. People tend to either really love it or find that it does not work for them at all.

Thanks.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
The free new expansion to DemonCrawl arrived yesterday and it has greatly extended the end-game in many, many ways.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Has anyone played Depth of Extinction? It looks like it just got a 2.0 update and is super cheap now. Does the update make it fun?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/636320/discussions/0/1730963192539840617/

They seem like lovely devs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/PlayStarCrossed/status/1268230471307137024?s=19

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Meh 2 years ago and they apologized without doubling down. Not great but not terrible.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Red Planet Farming, a management game about growing edible plants on Mars was launched today on Steam.

PC Gamer posted:

The best news: Red Planet Farming is completely free on Steam—not due to any microtransactions but because the developers, graduates of NYU Game Center, received a grant to fund their game. So the devs (Nina Demirjian, Sean Prio, Sean Park, and Noah Lee) are giving the game out for free. Can't get a better deal than free.

And you should try it, too! I've been playing it today and I'm having a nice time growing happy little crops and feeding my ever-growing collection of colonists.

This being Mars and not Iowa, there are more challenges to overcome than just sticking some seeds in the dirt and waiting. Plants need irrigation plus protection from dust storms, radiation, and severe cold snaps, so as you plant seeds in your hexes you'll need to build upgrades to protect those crops from the elements while working within your budget. Once you've planted and protected your crops, you fast-forward a year and see how they did.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh lord, when installing Red Planet Farming I misread the space available on disk as space required and was wondering how it could take up 400GB

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Mars is very big

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Oh lord, when installing Red Planet Farming I misread the space available on disk as space required and was wondering how it could take up 400GB

HD textures

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

do "private" reviews count towards the overall review score or are those excluded?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Nice humblebrag

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

haldolium posted:

do "private" reviews count towards the overall review score or are those excluded?
Private reviews don't get included in the average and aren't counted in the number of user reviews that is listed on the store page, last I checked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
There was/is an event recently/currently right? Basically you could do different achievements for different games in your library and then move on to the next tier or something? Am I crazy, high or just misremembering?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there was an event a couple weeks ago where you got a badge(?) for playing some games in your library.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

there was a birb pic, you're probably thinking of that

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was/is an event recently/currently right? Basically you could do different achievements for different games in your library and then move on to the next tier or something? Am I crazy, high or just misremembering?

https://store.steampowered.com/springcleaning
Nobody gave a poo poo because there wasn't even a sale and it didn't show up on the front page most of the time.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Samuringa posted:

Red Planet Farming, a management game about growing edible plants on Mars was launched today on Steam.

gimme gimme, thank you for the heads up on this. It probably won't be enough to free me from Rimworld's grasp but I'll see what I can do

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hub Cat posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/springcleaning
Nobody gave a poo poo because there wasn't even a sale and it didn't show up on the front page most of the time.

So it didn't even give you anything? That's... kinda weak.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Milo and POTUS posted:

So it didn't even give you anything? That's... kinda weak.

Behold!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

baka kaba posted:

there was a birb pic, you're probably thinking of that

You mean this birb?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

CLARPUS posted:

Wasn't EA supposed to have put its Origin stuff on Steam by now or did I get jebaited by my dreams again?

Its supposedly still happening but COVID/WFH probably messed up the original schedule. Someone data-mined a Portal 2 themed gun charm in Apex Legends recently that will probably come alongside the Steam launch.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I logged into Origin for the first time in years to maybe check out Titanfall. Noticed Need for speed: Heat came out a little while ago. Anyone played it and have any opinions? I always really liked the Underground/Carbon/Most Wanted games. Is it anything like those?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I didn’t really expect the bird to be that good but I have to admit, it’s a pretty dope bird

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ignore cars, acquire Titanfall.

(I've read that Heat is pretty good, but I haven't played it myself and I'll take any chance I get to shill TF2).

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

I didn’t really expect the bird to be that good but I have to admit, it’s a pretty dope bird

Dualshock 4 on PC talk: Has anyone had problems with Windows making the joysticks way too sensitive or something? For some reason, they seem to be so sensitive they jitter around even when I'm not touching them. I can see it happen in Windows' "Set up USB controllers" panel and the same thing happens when I try to configure them on Steam. It is really annoying because I constantly get controller prompts in games that support switching between M/KB and gamepad even when the controller itself is sitting in a corner of the desk.

Even weirder though, when I use DS4Windows to disguise the gamepad as a 360 controller, it works perfectly fine. No jitter at all. I guess it must be a driver issue of some sort but I don't recall that happening back when I bought the controller early this year. I can just use DS4Windows but I don't know if I should look into getting a replacement before it is too late or if it's just a driver issue.

Look at this: This is the same gamepad but the top is through DS4Windows, bottom is the native drivers or whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/pTrG1A8.mp4

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'll nth the recommendation for Titanfall 2. It's single player campaign is incredibly fun!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Det_no posted:

Dualshock 4 on PC talk: Has anyone had problems with Windows making the joysticks way too sensitive or something? For some reason, they seem to be so sensitive they jitter around even when I'm not touching them. I can see it happen in Windows' "Set up USB controllers" panel and the same thing happens when I try to configure them on Steam. It is really annoying because I constantly get controller prompts in games that support switching between M/KB and gamepad even when the controller itself is sitting in a corner of the desk.

Even weirder though, when I use DS4Windows to disguise the gamepad as a 360 controller, it works perfectly fine. No jitter at all. I guess it must be a driver issue of some sort but I don't recall that happening back when I bought the controller early this year. I can just use DS4Windows but I don't know if I should look into getting a replacement before it is too late or if it's just a driver issue.

Look at this: This is the same gamepad but the top is through DS4Windows, bottom is the native drivers or whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/pTrG1A8.mp4

I used to use a PS4 controller to varying degrees of success. I finally said gently caress it and got an xbone wireless controller. Best decision I ever made, but I am $60 poorer...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

could be related to deadzone settings?

LionEyez
Aug 17, 2014
Hey so since this is the defacto all pc gaming thread - how do you guys deal with gaming addiction rearing up?

Covid is great and all. I can finally live like the hermit I always was, but something tells me there's more to life than gaming. How do you guys manage the hours spent on this hobby vs the rest of life?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it helps when everything outside is terrible

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Hwurmp posted:

Which is true 100% of the time.

LionEyez
Aug 17, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

True, we live in interesting times. But some day everything will hopefully return to some kind of normalcy - I guess I'm scared I'm being swept up in the neverending maelstrom of güt games and was wondering if there's any gaming monks that can teach me how to balance that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the terribleness is normalcy