Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bean Bandit
Jan 25, 2003

President Trump prefers Messiahs that weren't crucified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Bean Bandit posted:

President Trump prefers Messiahs that weren't crucified.

When you think about it, Jesus was a chump

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

The very, very simplified answer is that through the translations Jacob became James to further separate the distinctly Christian NT from the Jewish tradition of the name Jacob.

See also Yeshua, Joshua and Hey Zeus

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK. I had to look up what the gently caress a book of James was lmao.

yeah, it's cool. I'm kind of into Bible study and theology but don't talk about it because America and the church has warped Christianity into the most disgusting perversion imaginable.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I have a story with this

Me and my best friends did a East to West coast trip across the USA about 8 years ago. While we were at the Grand Canyon, baked as all hell, we ran into these people. I don't remember their names, and I actually don't think we even exchanged names. The dude in the sunglasses was an independent truck driver. The other guy and his kids are Vietnamese. They were moving to California and their car broke down. The truck driver stopped to pick them up in either Minnesota or Missouri (can't remember) and he told them he'd drive them to their new home in California. He was stopping off at all kinds of places with them, taking them on a tour of the US. They were headed to Yosemite next. We hung out with these guys (and the Vietnamese dude's wife) while we were at the Grand Canyon. It was the best vibes all around. These guys posed for this picture for the wife to take, and I snapped this picture at the same time. I saw it today and it was exactly what I needed given all the hosed up poo poo that's going on.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I have a story with this

Me and my best friends did a East to West coast trip across the USA about 8 years ago. While we were at the Grand Canyon, baked as all hell, we ran into these people. I don't remember their names, and I actually don't think we even exchanged names. The dude in the sunglasses was an independent truck driver. The other guy and his kids are Vietnamese. They were moving to California and their car broke down. The truck driver stopped to pick them up in either Minnesota or Missouri (can't remember) and he told them he'd drive them to their new home in California. He was stopping off at all kinds of places with them, taking them on a tour of the US. They were headed to Yosemite next. We hung out with these guys (and the Vietnamese dude's wife) while we were at the Grand Canyon. It was the best vibes all around. These guys posed for this picture for the wife to take, and I snapped this picture at the same time. I saw it today and it was exactly what I needed given all the hosed up poo poo that's going on.

That seems like something that would happen in the 50s, in some irretrievably distant time. Hard to believe it was less than a decade ago.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

The Voice of Labor posted:

big potus energy

Charlie, I'm going to change my mind again on the Bible.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Motherfucker posted:

James 5:1-6 :

"Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you."

The Book of James rules.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I have a story with this

That's loving awesome

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I have a story with this

HELL yes, I miss this America

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Motherfucker posted:

James 5:1-6 :

"Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you. Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days. Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person. He does not resist you."

Weird that Rubio never tweets this one

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Bogus Adventure posted:

The Book of James rules.

The music of James rules, too.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Here's why Trump maybe didn't give a verse:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ERUngQUCsyE

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
:d2a:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

snugglz posted:

HELL yes, I miss this America

I spent the last two weekends protesting, marching, walking, running, yelling, singing, chanting, laughing, yelling, talking, screaming, dancing, biking, standing up against, standing with, sitting with, standing amongst, being with every race, religion, age, gender, ability imaginable.

It's important to remember that America and world is still here, and don't let anything convince you otherwise.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 10, 2020

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tumble posted:

I spent the last two weekends protesting, marching, walking, running, yelling, singing, chanting, laughing, yelling, talking, screaming, dancing, biking, standing up against, standing with, sitting with, standing amongst, being with every race, religion, age, gender, ability imaginable.

It's important to remember that America and world is still here, and don't let anything convince you otherwise.

:hellyeah:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I wonder if he knows about Reagan imposing gun control when he was the governor of California.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He They know who it was for which is why he they love him

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/Ol_TimeFootball/status/1271413305836310529?s=19

We have the coolest athletes in the world.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Legalize acid and mushrooms and make all pro sports dose before games.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

A Strange Aeon posted:

Legalize acid and mushrooms

:same:

Weed is so dull.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:psyduck:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Rember, rember!
The fith of Nember,
The Gunper teason pot;
I now of no reson
Why the Gunper teason
Shold ever be fogot!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

doctorfrog posted:

Rember, rember!
The fith of Nember,
The Gunper teason pot;
I now of no reson
Why the Gunper teason
Shold ever be fogot!

lmfao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You are the terrorists, kids.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i swearign, i rember

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

doctorfrog posted:

Rember, rember!
The fith of Nember,
The Gunper teason pot;
I now of no reson
Why the Gunper teason
Shold ever be fogot!

lmaoooo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Good soup! posted:

i swearign, i rember

Perpge Fm rembers.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rember the Alo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Good soup! posted:

Rember the Alo

I'mber

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A Strange Aeon posted:

Legalize acid and mushrooms and make all pro sports dose before games.

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1271921396713771008?s=19

Just dont give it to the buffaloes.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

That's the Bison paddock at Golden Gate Park. Draw your own conclusions.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I had a friend who climbed that fence and went running around in the middle of the night. On acid. The first time he ever did it. AFAIK, he never did either thing again after that.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Imagine going to the beach. It is a sunny day, you are right next to the water, and there isn't a soul in sight. Imagine choosing to ride a loving Rascal along the sand rather than just walk along the shore and enjoy the water. Lmao.