Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

TK-42-1 posted:

Diog, can we also just straight up ask him if there’s anything we need to know about Badad and the rest of it?
"That you need to know? Perhaps. That I can or will tell you? Nothing comes to mind."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

B, C

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
A
Who is Ninhursag? What are the people that I found? Why are they so confined given that they seem capable of powerful illusions and speaking through stones?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

1. Did I make that hammer or did something else help, the thought of ending up in another fuge state is unsettling.
"I don't know. I'm sure it will come in handy, just be careful with it."

Arkanomen posted:

2. Why does everything unnatural in this world die in rediculous and troublesome ways? That wasnt the first demon that exploded on me and I dont think it to be the last.
"You've killed many which died with far less trouble and so have the Balls. Some are just harder to dispatch."

TheCog posted:

What's up with all the Anaki's everywhere?
"What do you mean?"

TheCog posted:

Would trading with badad be a bad idea?
"Thats the sort of value-judgment which isn't really my place to make."

TheCog posted:

Can I finally know what a bluestone is and why everyone wants one?
"If you find out, sure, but i'm not telling you."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TacoNight posted:

A
Who is Ninhursag? What are the people that I found? Why are they so confined given that they seem capable of powerful illusions and speaking through stones?
Ishamal sips.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Anything to comment about the weird dreams I've been having? Are they significant or dangerous to me or others?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Has anything of particular importance happened in my year of absence?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Diogines posted:

"That you need to know? Perhaps. That I can or will tell you? Nothing comes to mind."

badabing. We should leave it at that tbh.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

A

No to going through our head.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Brain Candy posted:

Anything to comment about the weird dreams I've been having? Are they significant or dangerous to me or others?

oh yeah this is a decent question

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

Has anything of particular importance happened in my year of absence?
The Capybaras sip at this one.

Edit:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

Ok, cool. I think we're mostly done here besides getting some info on the lightbulbs.

I know you said it would take time and maybe some virtuous acts to maybe get Chait to stop hating my guts. It's probably not been long enough (like half my lifetime but yesterday for you guys) but does saving every woman and child in the Karnak region from demons seem like it might help?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Brain Candy posted:

Could you specify which dreams you mean? You had many weird dreams on your trip, but you often do anyway.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Diogines posted:

Could you specify which dreams you mean? You had many weird dreams on your trip, but you often do anyway.

duck dream, post-Karnak "did El frown upon us slaying First and Second in their beds?" dream, the weird muddled mess that was the rest of our time napping in Karnak before whacking the catmage

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Let him look

BC

Is it "he" or "it" when talking about every-strike?

Have you ever wandered the grasslands? or tasted the apples from karnak?

What do you think of Tudiya having me take maddai as an apprentice?

Why did we dream about that weird duck?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ish is going to drink so much he will pass out drunk if we insist on asking about our dreams

So we should totally do it

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
What was the star that fell in Afula?

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

sips

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Have you ever run across something that's very clearly been defaced to remove it from history? Like maybe a temple under a palace or a giant stone in the middle of nowhere?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Polgas posted:

Enkidel got in the divine game super late so something safe like turtling and slowly accumulating ??? isn't going to cut it like a more benign demon farm. His big ??? gains comes from his heroic deeds.

The raw belief people will be sending praying for deliverance will outperform decades of ??? gain. Both at acco 2.0 and Karnak the ??? from people there REALLY believing funded the fire pillar and the hammer.

Theoretically if Enkidel was strong enough to not instantly die to a doom and instead lose slowly if he could just fight it in a mountain range over, he might win if people keep sending him ??? and he managed to outlast the doom.

I want enkindel to do the spirit bomb

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

duck dream, post-Karnak "did El frown upon us slaying First and Second in their beds?" dream, the weird muddled mess that was the rest of our time napping in Karnak before whacking the catmage

sure

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
A.
What would we even want to ask him that we think he would answer? "Hey want to tell me about all these things claiming to be gods, in a completely shocking and out of character move?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Have you ever run across something that's very clearly been defaced to remove it from history? Like maybe a temple under a palace or a giant stone in the middle of nowhere?
"Things like that, in a general sense? I have. You know, I imagine that in some of the cities you passed through the nicer statues or works of arts with a carving on the bottom declaring "The Great King Whoever Built This" chiselled off the original name and just stuck theirs on instead. It happens. I mean not in Zepath, obviously, but in some places."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

"I don't know."

Magnusth posted:

Is it "he" or "it" when talking about every-strike?
"Whichever you or the hammer prefers?"

Magnusth posted:

Have you ever wandered the grasslands? or tasted the apples from karnak?
"Yes and yes." How did you like them? "They were very juicy."

Magnusth posted:

What do you think of Tudiya having me take maddai as an apprentice?
"I think he hopes it will ease some anger when you replace him some day, or maybe ease tensions a bit before."

Magnusth posted:

Why did we dream about that weird duck?
"I don't know. Did you eat some bad duck or something and get indigestion?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

"If you want to speak of El, speak to a priest" he says, as he has many times before.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Diogines posted:

If you want, I will look but if it troubled Amos that much, I probably wouldn't tell you anyway, at least not without asking for guidance first, and I doubt they'd permit it.

I would like that, even just on the off chance that we would get an answer.

Waci fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 4, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Diogines posted:

"If you want to speak of El, speak to a priest" he says, as he has many times before.

i was more interested in the dream phenomenon itself but it sounds like he's probably aware of that and just ignoring it

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

+1 to letting him read our citrus scroll

Even if there’s no chance of us knowing what it is, if it’s information that could help Ish/PtB know what the fucks up with us existing then it’s worth letting them know

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

alpaca diseases posted:

+1 to letting him read our citrus scroll

Even if there’s no chance of us knowing what it is, if it’s information that could help Ish/PtB know what the fucks up with us existing then it’s worth letting them know

turns out it's info ishamal didn't have, it breaks his faith and causes him to unfurl his wings and declare himself God-King of Zepath

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Is there anything that’s being withheld from me that I’m now trusted enough to know?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

also lol

quote:

Not that you would have ever tried to forge anything but Blooded bronze and mundane things in the past,

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

C, Let him peek.

Questions:
Ask Ish if he has any tips on fighting an IO if they manage to turn into a giant flame monster that burns blooded bronze. Evade until they run out of juice?

Do you have any cider from Karnak we can drink?

How suicidal is Paebel scouting Kitron with an embigginner?

Did Ish not react or comment at all when we told him about the 2 cannibals that we let go?

Any express orders on the rocks from "Badad" if we intend to mine for our own use?

Does saving Karnak count towards reconciling with Chait?

Perception check inside his home for anything that looks like the stuff we managed to discover but better?

Should we expect Nisaba or someone close to Nisaba to arrive during the jubilee seeking vengeance?

Is it okay to use our magic on the nusku gems such as trying to snuff out the flame or try to pull them off the skin?

Polgas fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 4, 2020

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

That statement about Enkidel's past forging seems to lend credence to the idea that Ishamal was purposefully staying ignorant of the Eagle Arrow.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Is there a plan to stop everyone being eaten by demons? Cause sitting here it sure seems like a Great City was taken over and would still be entralled by a demon If I hadn't had the (frankly kinda irresponsible and self-centered) idea to go sight-seeing across the known world. And it would be nice if I could get some assurance that the plan for the defense of Ur doesn't hinge upon me getting wanderlust.

I don't actually expect an answer here, but I wanna vent, and Ish is our designated venting target.

+1 to letting him see what Amos saw

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Scan my noggin, Ish.

What are your thoughts regarding diminishing returns for ??? Investment when we go about making crazy cool stuff? Is there any sort of method for getting a handle on whether the tradeoff is worthwhile? Best not to burn down any more of the forest than is absolutely necessary and all that.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

"Could those following the Anaki with glowing eyes still have been saved?"

"Would it be unwise to repair a defaced altar to El myself?"

"I saw a list of 18 rules in my journeys. Would it be mistaken to follow them?"

"Might forgotten tools like the living city be put back to work or do they cause too much harm through their spectacle?"

"Does the demon Nusku only care about gold because people care about it?"

"Do intelligent monsters that act sadistically towards humans do so for a purpose? Does inflicting fear give them power?"

"Do you suppose the demon tree was very old? They couldn't have just turned a normal tree into a demon tree by spilling blood on it, could they?"

"If I were able to show that my judgement had grown sufficiently with age could you share more about the secrets of the world with me? Or must I always discover secrets for myself if I am to live freely?"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Ask dad if having knowledge of the generations and lineages of demons would give insight into killing them better. Interesting that both Fare & Yequon were both crippled, and are both derived from bigger, older, deader deamons.

aw man ask ish if we didn't ask dad
in context of how they have different knowledge of demons vs us and what dad said about that one being 3rd tier not 2nd

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Don't let Ish in our brain

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

C

yes to the brain scan

Ish has a lot of explaining to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

someone in the discord reminded me that the revelation that horrified Amos was his discovery of this thread

and now we're inviting Ishamal to read it

:derp: