Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
anyway Let Ish investigate the Citrusdoor Amos Revelation, what's the worst that could happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

The citrus themed block made me think it came from the drink you made. Was that not your handiwork?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ask Ish what should be done about the blood tree and if removing it would violate Zepa’s law

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Voting C

Scan our brain please. Even if you can't tell us about it, I'd (the part of Enkidels brain that I represent) would rest easier knowing that our mentor knows about it.

Ask Ishamal:
I met a staggering amount of sorcerers on this trip. I there any training we can do to better prepare me for future encounters with magic?

Have you ever ridden a horse?

"Every-Strike is not the only living item we have met, though he is the first we have created. What.. are they? Vessels for the Melachim? People? Machines? Demons? - The beast at Acco had a mace with a similar, but sinister presence."

"What is the Akashic Record?"

"Could I visit the Orm again without endangering my mind?"

"Speaking of, I might need a Citrus Reinforcement, what with everything that has been happening..."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What skill should we learn next?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Took a crack at drawing Enkidel because it seemed like fun

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

C
Fuckit, not like he probably doesn't already know.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

C

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

"I don't know. And they can hear you, so you can ask."

Ask the Trio to put in a good word for Jael

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
A

No
to mind scan

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BC take a look sure whatever

Victis fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 4, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

alpaca diseases posted:

Ask the Trio to put in a good word for Jael

+1, not only was he trying to do right by us but he wound up being correct about what the Baitel Office wanted. He deserves to be treated well, which tbf probably means reassigning him to literally anything that isn't Enkidel Duty.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Do you know what’s up with Tudiya? He seems a lot more reserved than normal.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
B + C

Yes to trying to find what concerned Amos.

Diogines posted:

You recognize the writing, it is in your alphabet, scratched into the tree bark with some kind of sap used as ink. And it reads:

The Seas shall Rise,
And the Earth Shall Shake
And the Frost Shall Fall.

Countless Hungering Maws Shall Clench,
A Multitude of Greedy Hands Shall Grasp,
And Innumerable Claws Reach Out.

Upon Each Cycle They Shall Come,
Driven by their Hunger,
Driven by Greed,
Driven by Depravity.

They Shall Not Cease,
Cycle After Cycle,
They Shall Come.

They Have Tested the Sons of Zepa,
And Broken them Not,
Now Elsewhere Shall They Strike,

Remain Strong, Remain Vigilant,
For Weakness May be Exploited at Any Time,
But With their Full Power Only Upon the Cycles.

Muster Your Will,
And Resist,
The Eternal Hunger.”

You place the bark down upon the table, face down. Keeping her heard turned away, Baateva picks it the bark and places it into a pot which was resting on the table, then puts a lid on top of the pot. Both of the women then look towards you again and the old woman speaks, Baateva translates “The Matriarch says that what was on there was only for you and not to tell us, or anyone else, or else and that yes, that was both a threat and a promise.

The above quoted warning only seems to relate to the contents of the message not to its existence. Tell Ish that Nikall gave us a message. Tell him about the the warning/threat we received along with it. Don't tell him about the contents of the message. Ask if the Trio already know what Nikall told us. If not, ask if they would like to know given the warning.

Negotiating relations and boundaries between deities seems to be one of the few areas that melachim are willing to step in and take action on (such as taking things back to Amok and giving guidance on what we learned down south.)

quote:

"Also, that you are to be made aware that all of the greatest of the Gods know of you and know where you are, as well as every other thing of great power in the world and that many of them are not well disposed towards you and that many others know as well, of lesser power.”
Also ask if Ishamal has any comment or advice he is willing to share given the above statement (which appears to not be covered by the threat/promise.)

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 4, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

pumpinglemma posted:

Do you know what’s up with Tudiya? He seems a lot more reserved than normal.

He's always been kinda taciturn.
But also, he really wasn't happy about letting us take the road trip, so, he's had to stew on that for a year on top of everything else that's on his plate.

And I still think he was hoping for something more to turn up from our travels, some sort of definitive slam dunk revelation.

Also, from a certain way of thinking, he's basically sacrificing Dor to the next jubilee. He was straight up told "Sit out the next jubilee, stay the hell home, and your city will be safe."
Even if it's technically what's best for Zepath, that's going to weigh on him on several levels.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
A

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

B+C, Allow Scroll Reading

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

WTF Diog, Ish was always described as bald!
did we mess up reality in unexpected ways? ..... more than usual?

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

We are trying to slowly add pictures for prominent figures in Enkidel's life. We will edit this post away if/when we find one, so if you still see this, we have not gotten one yet! Please don't post them here, message me on Discord if you think you found one which works, thanks. Very well known characters from any fictional work or well known actors are things we shy away from, lesser known ones may be okay.

Edit: Yes, even though we used one, we are still not fully satisfied, so if you find one you think is better, send it our way on Discord!

I know it's a painted miniature, but possible Ish?
https://www.blacksunminiatures.co.uk/product/bress-old-barbarian-preorder/

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 4, 2020

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
A, tell Ishamal nothing, No mind reading, just leave.

go home Enkidel, your city needs you

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What advice does Ish have for dealing with Nusku?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I always saw Ish as more Uncle Iroh when he gets jacked.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tell Ish about the cannibals. Ask his forgiveness for meddling in a king’s affairs even though by EL’s law he was marked for death.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Cornuto posted:

The above quoted warning only seems to relate to the contents of the message not to its existence. Tell Ish that Nikall gave us a message. Tell him about the the warning/threat we received along with it. Don't tell him about the contents of the message. Ask if the Trio already know what Nikall told us. If not, ask if they would like to know given the warning.

Negotiating relations and boundaries between deities seems to be one of the few areas that melachim are willing to step in and take action on (such as taking things back to Amok and giving guidance on what we learned down south.)

Also ask if Ishamal has any comment or advice he is willing to share given the above statement (which appears to not be covered by the threat/promise.)

Supporting these questions.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Crazycryodude posted:

What did Amos see on the scroll in my head behind the citrus partition that made him so terrified he kicked me out?

Diogines posted:

"I don't know. I am sure your father warned you about the difficulty and danger of rooting around in the minds of others, and I have warned you as well that such things are not to be done lightly. If you want, I will look but if it troubled Amos that much, I probably wouldn't tell you anyway, at least not without asking for guidance first, and I doubt they'd permit it. Even if I may not agree with him on everything, Amos is wise and has shown tremendous restraint, I would not idly second guess his judgment on such a matter."

You ask he do so and Ishamal says "Very well. Close your eyes and relax." He places his hands on your head.... and you are out cold. When you come back to your senses again he says "Oh. That. It is not as if you have literal shelves in your mind, that was a metaphor of sorts. There is no "hidden room" because there are no rooms. But slightly stronger protections were placed around some of your most... socially unorthodox or otherwise embarrassing memories as well as what would be in the eyes of some, morally questionable memories to try to protect you from blackmail or harm from intrusions into your mind. Amos probably didn't like some of what he saw. Getting into the habit of letting others root around in your head is probably not a great idea, but it is your head "

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

LoL Amos didn't like everything we have done, o no another judgemental super being.

Who put those protections in place and do they remain?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Amos probably saw Enkidel considering this and immediatley decided it was time to check out

B, C

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
A, waste of time.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Ask out loud, to both Ishamal and the Trio, "Will you let me know if there is anyway that I may be of direct use to you, or Baitel, or He Who Is in the coming years to prepare for the next Jubilee? Or, if there exists any opportunity where my particular set of skills may aid man, even in some small way, will you please let me know?"

They know that we're by and large someone who wants to help man. They know that man is getting rocked every Jubilee. If there is some way we can fit into the Good Guys overall plan while also helping man, for petes sake let us know.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 4, 2020

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lmao if Amos kicked us out because he found out we think women are people and murdering demons in their beds is cool. What an utter loser.

Still kinda weird that he was terrified by our heresy, I distinctly remember seeing fear on his face not surprise or disgust.

:tinfoil: speculation: Ish is lying and just doesn't want to have to admit that Asherah is our parent or whatever :tinfoil:

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 4, 2020

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Crazycryodude posted:

Lmao if Amos kicked us out because he found out we think women are people and murdering demons in their beds is cool. What an utter loser.

Still kinda weird that he was terrified by our heresy, I distinctly remember seeing fear on his face not surprise or disgust.

Agreed whole heartily

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Nerd is *probably* scared of the Doom. Which isn't exactly an insane thing to be scared of.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Probably the fear was from seeing us nearly go HUNGER and eat Asahel Prime. Probably.

E: Or yeah maybe the Doom? I dunno that the Doom would be in the deeper darker secrets section though.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I get the feeling that Ish is probably lying pretty hard by omission with that answer

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Go home.

It's nice to see Ish but 99% of the time we learn all of the important things he has to tell us within the first five minutes and spend the rest of the day getting nothing pertinent and drinking cider.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

"Otherwise embarrassing" can cover just about anything, yeah.

Seeing as you already know everything in there, do you have any suspicions as to what specifically he might have reacted so strongly to?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

JustaDamnFool posted:

I get the feeling that Ish is probably lying pretty hard by omission with that answer

Yeah, he probably went and made a quick call about a Level 1 Security Breach and then came back to give us a calm answer.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Crazycryodude posted:

"Otherwise embarrassing" can cover just about anything, yeah.

Seeing as you already know everything in there, do you have any suspicions as to what specifically he might have reacted so strongly to?

"Do you recall an incident near the edge of the mountains? That may have been it "

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Well at least that's a tamper on the suspicions that it was him finding out we were secretly Labaras 2.0 or something.

Basically he was just freaking out about the same thing Amok did. If we find someone named Amox we should maybe prevent them from going round 3 on that.

Unironically thank Ish for putting the mystery to rest though.

FlocksOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Of course it was breathgate, lol