Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm guessing there's a goon alliance on Ship 2, right? Sorry if I'm just blind but how do I get in on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LightningSquid posted:

I'm guessing there's a goon alliance on Ship 2, right? Sorry if I'm just blind but how do I get in on that?

Join the discord.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
OK, well, my PC woke up normally like I expected it to after uninstalling PSO2. I did a clean install of PSO2 through PSO2 Tweaker and running that powershell script and played a bit. Closed the game and made sure GameGuard wasn't lingering after exit. I'm going to put my machine back to sleep while I head out to work and I hope it wakes up properly when I get back. :pray:

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013

orange juche posted:

Join the discord.

I did but I couldn't find any instructions in there.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I assume this game got a massive population boom after the official English release?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
How does one do the non-stop Strike Gust? If I hold the button it does a single charged up version, and if I mash it keeps "recasting" it which drains my PP in like 1 second.

punk rebel ecks posted:

I assume this game got a massive population boom after the official English release?

Well I mean English has it's own NA servers, so there was probably an exodus from Japan servers since the ping is so much better. The overall players are higher but now split across the two versions of the game.

NextTime000 posted:

realtalk *Hyper Night Parade (or whatever it's NA name is, the rollerblade camo from Xia) came out on the JP server a few months into Episode 3 or something, I forget how many years ago, and it's still my go-to for using jet boots. I almost feel sorry for every single jet boot design they release, because it's not goddamn rollerblades that leave rainbow trails.

Is there anyway to make them not purple though? Like can I do hot pink instead? Or do all weapon camos have fixed colorways?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 3, 2020

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Zero VGS posted:

How does one do the non-stop Strike Gust? If I hold the button it does a single charged up version, and if I mash it keeps "recasting" it which drains my PP in like 1 second.

Well I mean English has it's own NA servers, so there was probably an exodus from Japan servers since the ping is so much better. The overall players are higher but now split across the two versions of the game.

Is there anyway to make them not purple though? Like can I do hot pink instead? Or do all weapon camos have fixed colorways?

The nonstop version of strike gust isn't actually in yet. That's its crafted version, and sadly we don't have PA (or any other kind) crafting yet.

Some later weapon camos can have their colors changed, but sadly hyper night isn't one of them iirc

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So I've been playing this a while.

There's a core of this game that I like but it's just utterly riddled with frustrations.

It's tremendously difficult to figure out what's an upgrade at a glance. You just pick up everything, dump it in storage and then comparing it against your gear becomes a complete nightmare. The piles of systems on top of each other are basically completely indecipherable even with help. Just the billions of different currencies I have with no concept of what their value is makes making informed decisions far too difficult. I've been trying to read all the good posts here about how you're meant to fuse weapons or select out upgrades but it's difficult to even figure out what applies to levelling characters and what doesn't, let alone how it might work at high level or how you should plan for it.

Coupled with this is the idea that I have no idea if I'm even doing anything half the time in fights. There are no health bars so I have no concept or baseline as to whether I'm actually doing something well or badly. So I have no idea if my gear needs an upgrade, if my gear is fine but I'm playing badly or if I'm just in an area that's too difficult for something my level. This has basically led to a world now where I just get oneshot by enemies or kill them, with no in between. Which basically removes any interesting attack/fade style design from the game.

In addition to this are the amazingly frustrating control problems. I play gunner and my entire boss dps rotation comes from selecting a part and nailing it with chain trigger 'tilI stack a full combo. The trouble is that bosses have thousands of different body parts that block your attacks, so you can chain trigger, fire at something and hit something else entirely. And then you have to deal with the lock on, which is possibly the stupidest thing in the entire game. I have no idea how this thing selects its targets. I try to point my joystick in the direction of the thing I'm targetting, no dice, it just targets another body part or a trash mob somewhere on the floor, meaning all this time that's meant to feel good and fun is spent just trying to wrestle the lock on onto the target I want to hit.

This is again, compounded by the camera issues the game has. As a gunner I'm meant to be airborne a lot but the camera just can't cope with that in a meaningful way, especially given that the camera also doubles as your lockon targetting mechanism. So half the time I'm sat with a camera facing absolutely nothing whilst my character fires shots to a place off camera on the ground.

When it finally does work and I build a combo, it feels like almost complete RNG as to whether my finisher will actually hit the target I'm aiming for and again, because there's no healthbar on anything, if I can't see the golden numbers show because the camera's off in a corner somewhere I have no idea what's gone on.

Broadly I'm unsure if I'm going to keep playing like this. I want to believe it gets better in the endgame when you've got gear to fix things but levelling is absolutely glacial now that I'm 50, so I'm tempted to just get off the train here.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 3, 2020

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I have no idea how to play gunner, but gear is not that complex, at least when you're just leveling up.

You do not pick up everything. Past the first few dozen levels you don't look at anything less than 7*. If you're not planning on messing around with trying out the other classes in then near future, you can also mostly ignore anything that isn't one of your direct class weapons or relevant mag fodder.

For weapons, you tell what's an upgrade by whether the relevant attack number is bigger than the one you're wearing. Typically higher star rarity means it's a higher tier of gear and will have better stats. Wear the strongest gear that your stats will allow. Completely ignore changing anything about affixes. Smoosh spare weapons into the one you're using to enhance it to +10 and call it a day.

Units are basically the same. Use the ones with the highest defense numbers, smash grinders into them until they're +10.

I'm playing a Hunter, granted, but getting regularly oneshot by basic enemies seems to me like you're doing something super wrong.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Pick up everything, fedex it to storage to sell later!

Been playing gunner and I'm up to lvl 60 currently playing exclusively in TPS, only fight where TPS feels hard to work with is the falz luthor boss when everything gets rave-like and trippy. Do urgent quests for the big experience! And I wouldn't stress too much about leveling too slowly once you've unlocked SuperHard difficulty. Work on rings, clear out the endless lists of quests from NPCs.

Chain trigger is tricky to work with, you really should stick to lower chains(sub30?) if you're not familiar with the boss and they're twitchy as hell. Currently using chronelapse as my main damage PA in close range and as the finisher for chain trigger. Build up stacks of chain trigger from a distance, close in with grim barrage, pop chronolapse in point blank range of the target. Chain trigger seems to select its target by snapping to the closest predetermined part/limb/object that you fire at, atleast thats how it seems to me.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Don't make my mistake on Gunner and neglect slotting Grim Barrage for ~50 levels, the ability to follow boss weakpoints around after diving or when they turn is invaluable

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
At what level do I have to stop spamming Movement Gale -> Shift Action and just murder everything with impunity?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pick up 8 affix weapons and 4+ affix units. It's mostly that simple unless you're looking for a specific affix or item.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Don't forget that you can sort storage. When you go to a vendor that has "sell items from storage," click all inventory on the left and then click your weapons tab. Sort by rarity and sell everything up through 9* that you don't want to feed to your MAG. Then click the units tab and sort by rarity again. Sell everything up to 9* unless you wanna keep it for a different class, in which case lock the item. That is most of inventory management. Remember, you can hold shift to select things just by hovering in the sell screen. Sort by rarity with least rare at top, scroll down to the 9*, then hold shift and go up to the top of the list.

You could skip picking up all 9* or lower gear, but think of it this way: each piece you sell is basically a chunk of meseta you had to press E to grab. It adds up very quickly and once you know how to quickly sell 100 items, clearing out storage every couple of days isn't that big of a deal.

Once you start getting 10* weapons you don't want, use the swap shop to turn them into ex-cubes. Second floor shop vendor will let you trade them for a variety of goodies, including 3000 FUN points tickets that will sometimes grant you shop passes, on top of tons of cosmetics and grinding materials.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So what are the best things to trade Excubes for?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
1,000 FUN tickets.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

AweStriker posted:

250% rare drop boosters are the big thing. Always make sure you got at least a couple of those.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I would hate Force if i didn't have gizonde. It just deletes dudes.

I think alt-itis is taking over, since I have enjoyed every class so far that isn't summoner.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

AweStriker posted:

Beyond what was already said, you can also trade 5 for one MAG level down device, which will undo one level in any stat. The FUN tickets are must haves for free players, though, cause they can grant passes for you to sell stuff on the market. Save em up until you have a handful of high value items and then sell. Even if the pass expires, your goods stay up on the market.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It took 23 minutes earlier, but I managed to beat Super Hard Luther in the urgent quest. That was a huge step up in difficulty from anything else I've done so far and I feel like I was a credit to my team because I only died once during the fight.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Is there any use for these Advance Capsules?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jade Rider posted:

Is there any use for these Advance Capsules?

Advance quests. They are used to unlock (or enhance) the advance quest dungeons, sort of like rifts in Diablo.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Scoss posted:

I have no idea how to play gunner, but gear is not that complex, at least when you're just leveling up.

You do not pick up everything. Past the first few dozen levels you don't look at anything less than 7*. If you're not planning on messing around with trying out the other classes in then near future, you can also mostly ignore anything that isn't one of your direct class weapons or relevant mag fodder.

For weapons, you tell what's an upgrade by whether the relevant attack number is bigger than the one you're wearing. Typically higher star rarity means it's a higher tier of gear and will have better stats. Wear the strongest gear that your stats will allow. Completely ignore changing anything about affixes. Smoosh spare weapons into the one you're using to enhance it to +10 and call it a day.

Units are basically the same. Use the ones with the highest defense numbers, smash grinders into them until they're +10.

I'm playing a Hunter, granted, but getting regularly oneshot by basic enemies seems to me like you're doing something super wrong.

To this I say.

You can use grinders on armour?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Bloodplay it again posted:

Don't forget that you can sort storage. When you go to a vendor that has "sell items from storage," click all inventory on the left and then click your weapons tab. Sort by rarity and sell everything up through 9* that you don't want to feed to your MAG. Then click the units tab and sort by rarity again. Sell everything up to 9* unless you wanna keep it for a different class, in which case lock the item. That is most of inventory management. Remember, you can hold shift to select things just by hovering in the sell screen. Sort by rarity with least rare at top, scroll down to the 9*, then hold shift and go up to the top of the list.

You could skip picking up all 9* or lower gear, but think of it this way: each piece you sell is basically a chunk of meseta you had to press E to grab. It adds up very quickly and once you know how to quickly sell 100 items, clearing out storage every couple of days isn't that big of a deal.

Once you start getting 10* weapons you don't want, use the swap shop to turn them into ex-cubes. Second floor shop vendor will let you trade them for a variety of goodies, including 3000 FUN points tickets that will sometimes grant you shop passes, on top of tons of cosmetics and grinding materials.

Thanks for these tips, I didn't notice selling from storage nor did I know about shift scrolling to sell fast.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there a strategy for getting a good weapon for an alt/lower level class? I think if I want to do the quest to get 5 bonus skill points for hunter, I actually need to do it as hunter, but because hunter is my subclass I havent really been bothering with keeping weapons for it.

Like in general, is there any strategy/tricks for smurfing other classes/characters?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Natural 20 posted:

To this I say.

You can use grinders on armour?

I had the same reaction. Not only can you use grinders on units, you don’t need to feed them other units!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
What's the best Braver build at the moment? I just got this game working two days ago and I've heard respecing is a pain.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I roll with Braver Hybrid and it's been pretty great so far, around 50. Bow is a great way to just massacre a big dude but Katana is funner and is used more when clearing poo poo.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I got that pirate outfit from the mission pass and I want to change the color. Is the only way to do that to spend ~1.5 million on recycle badges and buy a color change pass? Can those passes drop from fun scratch or something?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

MelvinBison posted:

What's the best Braver build at the moment? I just got this game working two days ago and I've heard respecing is a pain.

The nice thing about Braver is that you can definitely hybrid both weapons fairly effectively once we get to around level cap 90. You won't be able to get both Striking Up and Shooting Up to level 10, but you'll be maxxed out in one weapon and pretty competent in the other. Not sure where NA is at the moment though, so I'd probably recommend picking one of the weapons and sticking with it.

The guide I'm looking at (here) has some sample builds with skill trees for Katana. From what I've seen, the only real "trap" skills are Dexterity Up and the various Critical skills. DEX is only worth it on the MAG thanks to that one Braver passive. For criticals, I think it's more a sense of you can max out critical fairly easily, so you don't want to spend skill points if it would take you past 100% critical. Other than that, all the skills seem pretty worthwhile, and I guess for Katana you can max out all the skills by like level 72ish (here). Bow has even less, if you're going pure bow you'll get all the relevant skills by the mid 40s.

For the MAG, a DEX MAG is legitimately the best because it raises both S-Atk and R-Atk thanks to a Braver passive. If you're not willing to shell out money for MAGs and are planning on playing any other class (aside from bouncer), you might just want a straight S-Atk or R-Atk MAG though.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 4, 2020

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

fyi extra mags are like $3 each, it's not that bad

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Humerus posted:

I got that pirate outfit from the mission pass and I want to change the color. Is the only way to do that to spend ~1.5 million on recycle badges and buy a color change pass? Can those passes drop from fun scratch or something?

Tiers 20 and 34 of the mission pass have them.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's not bad at all, but there are definitely a lot of people playing a F2P game because it doesn't cost anything. I feel like it's worth taking into consideration.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Any word if this game will come to PS4? I'd love to play it but I cannot justify having an Xbox Gold membership just for this game.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Thanks for the advice. I was told by friends bows were gunblade-levels of bad, but I was having fun with both and was leaning towards Bouncer as my next leveling class anyway.

I haven't done any of the tutorial quests for any class besides Braver but just in case, is there any penalty for switching between classes / skill trees before the lv50-75 period in the OP?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

MelvinBison posted:

Thanks for the advice. I was told by friends bows were gunblade-levels of bad, but I was having fun with both and was leaning towards Bouncer as my next leveling class anyway.

I haven't done any of the tutorial quests for any class besides Braver but just in case, is there any penalty for switching between classes / skill trees before the lv50-75 period in the OP?

There's no penalty whatsoever for switching your classes around and trying something different. I highly encourage it!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Ardeem posted:

Tiers 20 and 34 of the mission pass have them.

Ok cool. All of my tier missions rolled over to super hard and I just started doing very hard so I probably won't hit level 20 before the new pass next week but I'll probably be able to finish the next one so that's good enough for me.

But speaking of tier missions, one is to defeat 5 rappies and it's stuck at 2/5 and I guess my definition of defeating rappies differs from Sega's because I don't know what to do

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I got auto-mate going on my hunter subclass and now it feels like my Bouncer is completely invincible between that and the 1HP survival skill.

Also I was waiting forever to use that 10 star jetboot (Deo Laserswift) until I noticed that for some reason the much, much more powerful 12 star Nox Placis jetboot used 425 TDEF instead of TATK for its requirement, of which I had *exactly* enough. So now my damage is doubled.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 4, 2020

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Humerus posted:

Ok cool. All of my tier missions rolled over to super hard and I just started doing very hard so I probably won't hit level 20 before the new pass next week but I'll probably be able to finish the next one so that's good enough for me.

But speaking of tier missions, one is to defeat 5 rappies and it's stuck at 2/5 and I guess my definition of defeating rappies differs from Sega's because I don't know what to do

Nav Rappies don't count, the rappies you're looking for right now are wearing seasonal costumes and look like this at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

MelvinBison posted:

Bow braver seems like one of the hardest classes to play because of their PA that stores damage and then explodes since you have to aim properly to keep hitting it every 3 seconds and maintain your PP on top of toggling precision stance for weak spots.