Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ha, I heard a rumour years ago that there was a "sad hookup" in my social group but no one would ever tell me who it was. Everyone I hooked up with seemed to be a pretty good lay?? :shrug:

Edit: OH poo poo

lol. I want to believe. :pray:

Edit: >_> What a lovely snipe. Have a Jackie pillow.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A funny thing about this week's episode is that Berry got his start playing in clubs where he would do comedic songs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

muscles like this! posted:

A funny thing about this week's episode is that Berry got his start playing in clubs where he would do comedic songs.

I wish I could have been there to see that, I love Matt Berry's music

https://youtu.be/xCijk4qmu7I

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

My favourite Matt Berry show is Snuff Box where he does a lot of music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxB4_uZyWAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDjWLwqAPY

Also has his WHISKKKYYYY catchphrase which is very reminiscent of BAT!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funny thing about Snuff Box is that they were told to just do whatever as long as it came under budget because the show was just a time slot filler.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I was just thinking, have vampires ever had any lore where they can echolocate?

Because I think Nadja echolocating in the sewers is straight up new vampire mythology.

Its such a simple thing too. Vampires can turn into bats, why wouldn't they learn to echolocate?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
When was echolocation even discovered, versus when did a lot of vampire media come out?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Phi230 posted:

I was just thinking, have vampires ever had any lore where they can echolocate?

Because I think Nadja echolocating in the sewers is straight up new vampire mythology.

Its such a simple thing too. Vampires can turn into bats, why wouldn't they learn to echolocate?

There's a ton of weird vampire lore, echolocation being the stand in for vampires being able to hunt people in the dark isn't too crazy. Hell, even among these vampires they all have different skills and abilities. The college student Nadja sired could turn invisible, and none of the vampires were really shocked by it and I don't think that's a standard vampire thing.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
It seems like in this universe every vampire gets the bog-standard vampire loadout along with one "special power".

Except for ColinRobinson.

No one knows what his deal is.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love this show for so many reasons, but the one that surprises me the most is how much mileage they get out of Colin. When I first started watching I really wondered how they were going to stretch his bit out longer than a single episode. But they just keep knocking it out of the park.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've had their "in this tooown" song stuck in my head all week

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I assumed Nadja wasn’t actually echolocating, just trying to look cool for the camera.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You gotta impress the documentary crew if you want to stand a chance at getting to eat them :hai:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What kind of goat sorcery is this?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Guillermo is just falling in with all kinds of people.

E: is this Lucy Punch?

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Nice speech Nandor. You miss 100% if the shots you don’t take.

The effects are bang on this season. Really well done

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

That door room was a-MAZE-ing! :colinrobinson:

Also why are you upset, Nadja, don’t you guys all go to orgies together?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I assumed Nadja wasn’t actually echolocating, just trying to look cool for the camera.

Yeah, that was my take.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Every episode's a hit this season!!

Every time they're in a scrape I expect Guillermo to murderize his way out of things but doing a long impromptu shark tank pitch about vampire semen was even better! The goat is "black peter" which is also an amazing spooky name.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

For anyone after the music from the end credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuY_0TEVdFE

Weirdly enough I was only just listening to this like a day ago for the first time, there was a link posted in this thread and this was a recommendation afterwards. Had no idea he did music too until I saw this post

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I wish I could have been there to see that, I love Matt Berry's music

https://youtu.be/xCijk4qmu7I

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Alien Sex Manual posted:

That door room was a-MAZE-ing! :colinrobinson:

Yeah, but this was with witches *hiss*

Nadja probably expects him to have her approval(or participation) for such dalliances.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Ha, James Frain was the voice of the goat

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

For anyone after the music from the end credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuY_0TEVdFE

Weirdly enough I was only just listening to this like a day ago for the first time, there was a link posted in this thread and this was a recommendation afterwards. Had no idea he did music too until I saw this post

Aw yeah, love that song.

Black Peter (I'm guessing that's a play on Black Philip from The VVitch) was so cute :3: I appreciated Nander's happy exclaim of "Hello Mr. Goat!" because that's exactly how I would have reacted to finding a demon goat in my backyard.

Guillermo is so great at dealing with supernatural bullshit, and to the surprise of no one it turns out Laszlo and Nander have been having the occasional casual hook up.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Extreme snu snu vibes so far

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
RIP Doll Nadja.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Anyways, see you later Black Peter. Gotta go!

The Nadja part slayed me. You expect for them to do the switcheroo and put Nadja's actress interpreting the witch while another one does the Nadjia part without seeing her face, but instead it's just like normal makeup and a wig. Making the joke about how Lazlo will gently caress anything close enough. The 'she is doing a generic european accent!' is also pretty good, as it's really what the actress does in reality!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 4, 2020

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Senor Tron posted:

My favourite Matt Berry show is Snuff Box where he does a lot of music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxB4_uZyWAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZDjWLwqAPY

Also has his WHISKKKYYYY catchphrase which is very reminiscent of BAT!

Don't forget his all-purpose deadpan 'gently caress you'.

Check out Berry's Opium album -- it's very much connected to the music (especially the theme) from Snuff Box. Rich Fulcher (who I know is marmite, but I'm still hoping he makes an appearance in What We Do in the Shadows) makes a very interesting Mama Cass Elliot.

And for folks just discovering his music, Toast of London has a song in every episode...Berry is also partly responsible for a pisstake of Jesus Christ Superstar called AD/BC.

I really really want a Matt Berry/Stephen Toast satnav.

Meanwhile: just saw the first trailer for WWDitS on the BBC; I knew it started next week, but last night was the first promo I've seen. We've been watching the episodes weekly as they somehow accidently end up on our TV screen. Not sure of the process; will have to ask ColinRobinson about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I took it as she was upset that he couldn't tell the difference between her and a woman who looked vaguely like her and barely sounded a thing like her.

Nandor declaring,"We tell no one about this!" directly in front of the camera crew was great, but I think my favorite camera crew joke this week was the witch chatting to Guillermo, inviting him in back and then adding,"Bring the cameras with you!"

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I was referring specifically to Nadja getting mad about Laszlow hooking up with Nandor, aka the life of the orgy and the guy who was present when she started giving Laszlow a handy in a previous episode. All three all seem pretty...free with one another. Not like Laszlow admitted to hooking up with Colin Robinson or something that put her over the edge.

God y’all made me just type all those words and I hate you for it. :argh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
You guys are really showing yourselves as never having been in an orgy. Nadja is mad because lazlo is doin poo poo outside of the orgy setting without her knowledge or consent and also easily confusing anything with black hair and an accent as his wife! It's the difference between having an orgy where your wife participates and sneaking out to have a little rough at a motel 6. bad form you know.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerkface posted:

also easily confusing anything with black hair and an accent as his wife!

Including Nandor, who she mentioned to showcase how ludicrous the idea was only to discover that yes of course Laszlo made that mistake too :allears:

Swollen Member
Aug 4, 2019

You know you want it...
Besides the humor, I really enjoy the spin this show puts on monsters and cryptozoology in general - the various cabals, werewolves, zombies, trolls, colinrobinsons, warlocks, and now witches, are hilarious and just a little skewed off the standard tropes.

Props to the guys involved, besides being funny as hell, WWDITS is IMO also a legit low-key urban fantasy show. Not bad for an unassuming movie spin-off!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Whoever owns that World of Darkness LARP company should really get in touch with Taika and Jemaine; I’m in dire need the ruleset for playing an ancient vampire who sits on the couch in Ottoman garb whining at a regular guy to keep adjusting the thermostat to arbitrary temperatures.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Slightly disappointed this didn't go down the 'famous witches' route like the vampire council episode last season, but still solid so hey!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Guillermo once chewed out Nandor with a few f bombs here and there back in Season 1 even before he discovered his Van Helsing ancestry, but he's being a sassy little bitch to everyone now.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Shitenshi posted:

Guillermo once chewed out Nandor with a few f bombs here and there back in Season 1 even before he discovered his Van Helsing ancestry, but he's being a sassy little bitch to everyone now.

Guillermo exudes a powerful gen-z energy, as does his goat friend.

e: the idea that a boogie holistic boutique really is a front for a witch's concern was delightful.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I like how Nandor is quietly still into it after the torture devices come out.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Best part was the doors room. The rest was okay.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Shitenshi posted:

for real I was dying when he straight-up went "gently caress you guys" when they were in the dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henker
May 5, 2009

boo_radley posted:

e: the idea that a boogie holistic boutique really is a front for a witch's concern was delightful.
I was in Salem, MA last year and there were a bunch of boogie holistic boutiques all over the place. So it's totally accurate.