Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
specifically this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Pattonesque posted:

specifically this:

It's the crying Leliana that really makes it hilarious. Like woman is the murder queen by that point.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Crying Leliana is a theme in Inquisition's concept art

venomsnek
Apr 13, 2018

THE KING UTTERED SOMETHING

ThomasPaine posted:

I didn't like that the Qunari option for the PC in inquisition has to be a tal-vashoth, would have liked to be an out and out Qun-supporting inquisitor lol

I also miss the origin stories from the first game, I'd really hoped they might make an appearance again but oh well

Even from a writing standpoint it would have been easy to do, You have been told by the Qun leadership to play along and steer them down a path that prevents a disaster as an obedient follower of the Qun you play your part just throw in a few bits of flavour dialogue in appropriate situations and voila.

Little things go such a long way to improving immersion.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Geostomp posted:

If that had lasting consequences, I would accept it, but the recruiting Morinth at all still seems like something added just to provide an “evil” option for no reason. Granted, keeping a manipulative sociopath onboard is probably less dangerous than the unstable topless woman who could rip the ship apart around, but it’s still some pointless edginess in a game that was already kind of pushing it with crew members. Especially since she’s just made into a Banshee in the next game offscreen.

Saamra does tell a Renegade Shep that she will kill her after the mission is done, I think. Also Morinth has a way better voice-actress.

And Morinth vs. Jack is actually a pretty interesting topic, and I've used that argument to justify recruiting Morinth. For starters, half the ME2 crew are carer killers. They do it for money or their people but they still do it. Morinth does it for fun but so what. Morinth is far more evil than Jack but she's also older, smarter and will not blow the ship up in a rage fit. Jack is not only unstable, she's on a ship run by the people who ruined her life and that will only lead to more instability, as seen in her and Miranda's squabble. That coulda gotten really ugly and Miranda is like your second-in-command so it's extra bad that she nearly got splattered.

The usual arguments are that Jack might be unstable but she's still fundamentally looking to be a better person and she will just hide in her spot in the ship and not bother anyone. The Shadow Broker's files reveals she's mostly just getting banned on forums and trying to find ways to escape the ship. Morinth meanwhile is a bonafide predator and her intelligence and control just means she could probably kill people on the Normandy and get away with it.

But the point is, I agree that all games should have evil options. For starters, I usually do evil playthroughs. Two, I think DAO stands out in how wonderfully being evil works out for you. People talk poo poo about Demons but look at all the arrangements you can have with them in Origins. The Desire Demon in Broken Circle with the Templar just gives him a happy family when all he was facing in reality was a life of being a disposable pawn who eventually gets his brain eaten by drugs. She just wants to live with the Templar in peace and if you accept that offer, she does exactly that, leaving you be. The Redcliffe Desire Demon can teach you awesome Blood Magic or even gently caress you. (also if you choose to Intimidate her into sex, that's kinda hosed up bro) "Kitty" also honors her deal.

"A bargain struck is a bargain kept. Such is our way."

The lack of dealing with demons is one of the serious flaws of the next two sequels.

Also I just wanna throw a knife at the back of a crippled old man's head and watch him slowly turn around and topple over comically.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

How many other people here have named their inquisitor Harold so all the voiced lines call your character by their name?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Crying Leliana is a theme in Inquisition's concept art

Eimi posted:

It's the crying Leliana that really makes it hilarious. Like woman is the murder queen by that point.

The only explanation I can come up with is that the concept art was made with the assumption Leliana was basically her Origins self. They decided to move her in a much more stabby direction after that.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Or the concept artist was just having some fun with it. Could also been a in-joke during development.

venomsnek
Apr 13, 2018

THE KING UTTERED SOMETHING

Geostomp posted:

The only explanation I can come up with is that the concept art was made with the assumption Leliana was basically her Origins self. They decided to move her in a much more stabby direction after that.

Crying is pretty reasonable given the circumstances first she lost her religious leader then if I’m not mistaken in that image she’s just lost her Empress.

That’s a lot to handle for anyone in her position

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh dear me posted:

Everyone had guns out already, so I don't think Liam said that, but something like 'They're beating him'. But I'm sure he basically admits he started it afterwards, I'd have had no idea otherwise because I couldn't see who was shooting. And later you can suggest we'd have been no more friendly to armed aliens on our planet, and he agrees.

Later, when reprimanded for wasting ammo shooting a corpse, he immediately wastes a bit more. That's trivial, of course, but seemed entirely typical as well.

I guess I missed this specific dialogue because as soon as they turned read and shot at me, I biotic charged in and killed them all. And Liam instead was like 'Good moves out there, I thought they were going to kill him!' or something like that. I guess I was too willing to attack to get him breaking my orders.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

How many other people here have named their inquisitor Harold so all the voiced lines call your character by their name?

Now I want a business card that reads "Harold Andraste"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

venomsnek posted:

Crying is pretty reasonable given the circumstances first she lost her religious leader then if I’m not mistaken in that image she’s just lost her Empress.

They also have her crying over the Empress getting stabbed when she’s the one who advocated letting it happen. Clearly something did not line up with the artist and final story.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Oh huh, Dragon Age (and other EA titles) are back on Steam. I'm sure they probably announced that was happening at some point, but it was a nice surprise to wake up to. My poor orphaned copy of DAII can finally have its DLC for a decent price too.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The Doomhammer posted:

Oh huh, Dragon Age (and other EA titles) are back on Steam. I'm sure they probably announced that was happening at some point, but it was a nice surprise to wake up to. My poor orphaned copy of DAII can finally have its DLC for a decent price too.

I bought it on Steam but it's like with Assassin's Creed, I bought it on Steam but it requires another...client (?) to work. And when I press Play on Steam it opens up Origin and won't play because Origin says DA2 isn't installed because it was installed via Steam.

I am disappointed.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
This steam integration creates additional problems. Like there's no good way to make some of the steam features (Big Picture, Steam Controller) work with Origins.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

I bought it on Steam but it's like with Assassin's Creed, I bought it on Steam but it requires another...client (?) to work. And when I press Play on Steam it opens up Origin and won't play because Origin says DA2 isn't installed because it was installed via Steam.

I am disappointed.

On the Steam Library page for DA2 there should be something about an "Entitlement Key" or something similar. Clicking it should give you a code you can use to activate DA2 on Origins.

That's what happened to me, and I was able to get DA2 and all my DLC on Origins without any real trouble.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Khizan posted:

On the Steam Library page for DA2 there should be something about an "Entitlement Key" or something similar. Clicking it should give you a code you can use to activate DA2 on Origins.

That's what happened to me, and I was able to get DA2 and all my DLC on Origins without any real trouble.

I actually already own DA2 on Origin. I got it for Steam because it said it had full controller support. DA2 with KB&M is awful and I was hoping Steam would let me use gamepad.

Plus it's 50% off right now. Still, I already returned it. My GF is gonna give me one of her 360s and I'll just play DA2 on there with a controller as God intended.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

That’s it, “Harold Oven Drastay” is my next character name.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Whats the opinion on using DAI mods? From what I've seen it sounds like they can easily cause issues and despite being the type to mod most of my games I'm not sure they're worth it for DAI.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Mustang posted:

Whats the opinion on using DAI mods? From what I've seen it sounds like they can easily cause issues and despite being the type to mod most of my games I'm not sure they're worth it for DAI.

6 years of patches later DAI's still buggy as hell when you play mod-free so

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
I've used a few small mods, eg to let me pick skills regardless of specialization, get rid of Blackwall's beard, give Solas some hair, change Josie's dress to green and gold, make Cassandra romanceable when female, and give my inquisitor a better haircut. I had no problems and they really improved the game.

Especially all the hair changes.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Oh dear me posted:

get rid of Blackwall's beard

mods?!?!!?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cursed post.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

what the actual gently caress

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Are there mods to give blackwalls beard to everyone?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's surprisingly effective :colbert:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I did my recent playthrough with a few mods: One to let every class do every interaction type (pick locks, kick walls, Empower), one to add more inquisition levels and increase inquisition XP gain (so you can get every perk), and a hair mod for better hair selection for the inquisitor.

I also started with one that lets you just use specialization trees from the start of the game, but it also allowed you to use all the trees at once which was kinda silly so I restarted without.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I just finished the Well of Sorrow and god willing will finally be done with the game this weekend.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

venomsnek posted:

One of the recurring themes I like is how she's worried about how invested she was getting into people she worked with, her spies and what not.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

The Inquisitor is just a really poorly formed character. They don't really have a personality beyond kinda nice. You can't really give them any rough edges, whether in dialogue or story options, you're just kinda stuck being a nice person pushing this thing forward. They aren't professional like Shepard, awkward like Ryder, or able to change their personality like Hawke. This stands out having replayed the two, going from my favorite Bioware voiced protag in Hawke to the nothing of the Inquisitor.

I couldn't really find a male voice set I liked either. The female british inquisitor sounds cool though so I usually play that. Plus my Hawkes and Wardens are almost always male so it's nice to switch it up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

This is violence.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I just finished the Well of Sorrow and god willing will finally be done with the game this weekend.

There's surprisingly very little game after that point but the Trespasser epilogue is very much worth doing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Not only all beards, but all SHINY beards from that weird graphics issue at med-low settings.

So with the entire franchise now up on Steam what if any are good mods for the games? DA:O has the remove the fade part, I don't think modding ever took off for 2, and it was a pain to get any mods working for DA:I so I only tried the one about more banter.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 6, 2020

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Oh dear me posted:

get rid of Blackwall's beard

:wtfdude:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Huh. He's just Richard Armitage.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

pentyne posted:

Not only all beards, but all SHINY beards from that weird graphics issue at med-low settings.

So with the entire franchise now up on Steam what if any are good mods for the games? DA:O has the remove the fade part, I don't think modding ever took off for 2, and it was a pain to get any mods working for DA:I so I only tried the one about more banter.

There's going to be a mod to create a beard-filled Thedas once I learn how to code.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What the gently caress Solas? :stare:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

Its cool everyone here can just tell where you are in the game from just this sentence.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dick Trauma posted:

Oh, do play Trespasser. It has much tighter gameplay, basically no side-quests, and will answer all your open questions, while asking a ton of new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ginette Reno posted:

I couldn't really find a male voice set I liked either. The female british inquisitor sounds cool though so I usually play that. Plus my Hawkes and Wardens are almost always male so it's nice to switch it up.

I liked Sumalee Montano as the female American Inquisitor. Worked well for a qunari.