Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I'm the one audience member you can hear burst into laughter the moment the hood comes off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love the Tony Soprano-esque extremely heavy nose breathing

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Multiple people on Twitter were saying WWE had very big plans coming for Jinder that this derailed. I wonder if he was going to be Drew’s Summerslam program?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol if they're big summer program plan was 3MB COLLIDES!

That was such a great storyline when Rowan tried to murder nobody

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Rarity posted:

Lol if they're big summer program plan was 3MB COLLIDES!

That was such a great storyline when Rowan tried to murder nobody

2MB now that Heath is fired

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Going from a Lashley feud to a Jinder feud would have been a hell of a double whammy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/1268974196652150792

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bunch of people are defending this as "paying your dues" poo poo.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Pylons posted:

Bunch of people are defending this as "paying your dues" poo poo.

It is paying your dues poo poo.

Turns out that's outdated bullshit too.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yeah carrying vets’ bags has been a thing forever for some reason. HHH became a part of the Kliq because he’d carry Shawn’s bags & drive people around.

One of the many dumb wrestling “traditions” that should’ve died when kayfabe did.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I heard you didn't carry Mark's bags kid, see me in wrestler's court after Smackdown and bring your wrestler lawyer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its not even a "wrestling" tradition. "Carrying bags" is just classic locker room hazing stuff that wrestling probably stole from sports to make themselves feel like bigger badasses.

"Hazing" of any kind just has no place and if you're not a teenager you shouldn't have to be told that and you should be held accountable for it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drag 'em Lio

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dsriggs posted:

HHH became a part of the Kliq because he’d carry Shawn’s bags & drive people around.

I thought he became part of the Kliq because he didn't do shitloads of drugs and so could maintain the minimum amount of lucidity required in order to get everyone to a hotel at the end of the night.

Full credit to him, that's loving smart.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I thought Justin Credible carried the bags

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Junpei Hyde posted:

My stance on...WWE shows is that that's... awful...bad programming

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
No he kept a look out for Lex Luger

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

That pan to Roman kills me every single time.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I can't stop giggling. The nose breathing.

Then next week Roman finds footage of a baaaaaarely visible Rowan which would be the PERFECT scenario for having a doppelganger patsy, but the mystery ends there.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Am I remembering right that the story was set up in a way where it was obvious that Bryan would eventually be revealed as the guy behind it all but then they sorta abandoned it midway through with a resolution of "it really was just Rowan on his own"?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Blaise330 posted:

I can't stop giggling. The nose breathing.

I assume the nose breathing is to stop bryan from outright corpsing.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Yeah Bryan is doing that thing where he’s super over exaggerating his grimace to try not to laugh, but you can still see his face twitching because he’s holding it in

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Hazing is loving stupid

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Yeah Bryan is doing that thing where he’s super over exaggerating his grimace to try not to laugh, but you can still see his face twitching because he’s holding it in
it’s the exact face he made when chad gable stormed off insisting he isn’t Bryan’s son

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Do it ironically posted:

Hazing is loving stupid

Typical millenial, a real man would take all the hazing. If you don't like it, just fight back *gets jumped on by entire locker room for fighting back then fired for starting the fight*

I remember Disco Inferno said he liked being hazed by the Steiners because it was just boys being boys and thats how he knew they liked him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Typical millenial, a real man would take all the hazing. If you don't like it, just fight back *gets jumped on by entire locker room for fighting back then fired for starting the fight*

I remember Disco Inferno said he liked being hazed by the Steiners because it was just boys being boys and thats how he knew they liked him.

Disco is a bootlicker and always has been

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 6, 2020

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The people who enjoy being hazed have one eye on the future when they’re the ones dishing it out.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Seams posted:

The people who enjoy being hazed have one eye on the future when they’re the ones dishing it out.

Pretty much. It's a momentary inconvenience that gives way to many, many years of inflicting that poo poo onto others.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Oh Snapple! posted:

Pretty much. It's a momentary inconvenience that gives way to many, many years of inflicting that poo poo onto others.

Well that's how you don't feel guilty. "I had to go through it so if they don't then that's not fair. It's not on me, that's just how it works."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is Smackdown on? I don't know. Who cares

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Who is hyped for smacky down

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going to go to bed instead of watching Smackdown

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am watching this concert for charity instead of Smackdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO73im4J2sU

Also I'd like to have Vince write his own autobiography and have Dave release a companion that fact checks it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Also I'd like to have Vince write his own autobiography and have Dave release a companion that fact checks it.

Didn't Meltzer start doing that with Eric Bischoff's book then gave up because like every single sentence was a lie? :laugh:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

An actual book written by Dave Meltzer sounds like such a horrible idea. I love his reporting and radio show but his actual technical skills as a writer are abysmal.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Quantum of Phallus posted:

An actual book written by Dave Meltzer sounds like such a horrible idea. I love his reporting and radio show but his actual technical skills as a writer are abysmal.

God bless the poor editor who gets to deal with Dave's handed in manuscript.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

forkboy84 posted:

God bless the poor editor who gets to deal with Dave's handed in manuscript.

Mr Meltzer maybe you can dictate it and i'll write what you say....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

Mr Meltzer maybe you can dictate it and i'll write what you say....

3 minutes later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Never not giggle at this, but this time I feel like Daniel is totally corpsing but the hair is acting as a shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan: *american dolphin face intensifies*