Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kastein posted:

Late 80s and early 90s XJs and MJs had really nice seats with big bolsters that I like. Not sure if you'll like them. 95 and later definitely don't have them, I don't think they were available past like 92 or so but I'm not sure.

I fit later ZJ seats to my '95 XJ 2-door, and they were comfy. It had early ZJ seats in it already, but they were problematic because they were from a 4-door and couldn't flip forward to get into the back seat.
I found a 2-door XJ in the yard, dug around for the best pair of ZJ seats, then swapped the outside hinges for the 2-door ones, because that's literally the only difference in the seat frames. For those that aren't familiar with Jeep LEGO, not only does most of an XJ interchage between the 2000 years they were made, but a surprising amount of ZJ can be swapped in, since a ZJ is basically a fancy updated XJ.

God drat. That's ballsy as gently caress. Awesome.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

haha yes and he is SOOOOO pissed at her about it. Won't stop tweeting about her.

Also, Russia is owning us pretty good rn :(
https://twitter.com/gnarlycharlie4u/status/1269016271275937792?s=20

Oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

haha yes and he is SOOOOO pissed at her about it. Won't stop tweeting about her.

Also, Russia is owning us pretty good rn :(
https://twitter.com/gnarlycharlie4u/status/1269016271275937792?s=20

Could we make it any easier? https://i.imgur.com/8lueaVG.gifv

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Galler posted:

I'm assuming fedex gets paid to accept packages instead of delivering packages. This was supposed to be delivered Monday.

Yeah, sure.

I would just go pick it up myself but the box won't fit in my car, it's about an hour drive, and I'm not sure I can even get it from them due to shipper restrictions and it maybe being on a truck.

Call, you should be able to pick that up. Maybe get an explanation as to why it was DNA’d 3x.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Where the gently caress is that from?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

They forgot to add in the clip of the poor old man being pushed over in Buffalo that was loving horrible

https://www.yahoo.com/news/75-old-man-shoved-ground-142946876.html

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 6, 2020

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

meatpimp posted:

Where the gently caress is that from?

The mayor of LA's address on Sunday

https://youtu.be/vhsIcn1gsvE

Applebees Appetizer posted:

They forgot to add in the clip of the poor old man being pushed over in Buffalo that was loving horrible

https://www.yahoo.com/news/75-old-man-shoved-ground-142946876.html

You're missing the best part of the whole story, 57 other officers of Buffalo's Emergency Response Team quit the team because the police union refused to pay the legal fees of the cops who assaulted him. Granted, they quit the ERT, not resigned from the force... but at least we have cops themselves declaring that it isn't just "a few bad apples", it's a systemic problem where officers will protect anyone with a badge who abuses their power

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 6, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh I didn't miss that part. And they say corruption isn't that big of a problem. It's rampant.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

The Door Frame posted:

You're missing the best part of the whole story, 57 other officers of Buffalo's Emergency Response Team quit the team because the police union refused to pay the legal fees of the cops who assaulted him. Granted, they quit the ERT, not resigned from the force... but at least we have cops themselves declaring that it isn't just "a few bad apples", it's a systemic problem where officers will protect anyone with a badge who abuses their power

57 cowards who are happy to quit the ERT in solidarity, but not committed enough to give up their pay cheque over it by quitting entirely.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

The Door Frame posted:

The mayor of LA's address on Sunday

https://youtu.be/vhsIcn1gsvE

The union is paying the 2 officers. They have said they won't pay the legal fees of anyone else on ERT accused of anything, which has caused everyone to resign. Even so called "good apples" would likely resign over that as that is one benefit of union membership. Pretty sure this was a play by the union to get even the members of the team who thought this was hosed to resign.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

BuckyDoneGun posted:

57 cowards who are happy to quit the ERT in solidarity, but not committed enough to give up the protection of the badge they hide behind so they have carte blanche to terrorize citizens.

ftfy

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

STR posted:

I kinda doubt they're watching every byte.

They probably are. Just not line by line manually as that is impossible given the level of traffic but it is going into log servers where it is parsed into reports. So what I will get is an exception report that will show who, what and where is suspicious. Given we have had a lot of problems with P2P networks, all known apps are blocked outright and the person who tried gets a phone call the next day. (I also outright block most social media except where there is a business case)

The bigger the company, the more likely your internet use is logged and potentially reported.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

nm posted:

The union is paying the 2 officers. They have said they won't pay the legal fees of anyone else on ERT accused of anything, which has caused everyone to resign. Even so called "good apples" would likely resign over that as that is one benefit of union membership. Pretty sure this was a play by the union to get even the members of the team who thought this was hosed to resign.

I don't follow, what's the play by the union? And they were suspended without pay as soon as the video blew up

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
With that many "good cop" witnesses, they should have been in handcuffs and charged by the end of the day without anyone else witnessing it or recording it.

I guess it was 59 bad apples.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Worth noting, that video has gotten through to some people I never ever expected to understand that policing in America has serious problems. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it might be that it's an old white dude getting beat up for what's obviously zero reason, while excuses could be made for most of the previous cases, however tenuous those excuses were.

Kenneth Walker hit the same people pretty hard too, especially given the whole legal gun owner thing. But didn't convince them. Wonder why?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

STR posted:

I, uh... my roommate seems to be a straight(that part is still kind of questionable to be honest, despite knowing him roughly half my life) sugar daddy.

Came home to a full set of bed sheets/pillow cases this morning (gave my old ones to my ex, since I'm on a smaller bed now anyway, and they were pretty worn out), just been using an old tattered sheet and an old quilt, plus a Walmart pillow, with a Wayfair mattress on the floor. He told me when I got home from work that he ordered a platform bed frame for me and it'll be here Monday. :3: I told him I was gonna order a set of sheets/bed spread and a frame next check, damnit.

I'm not used to this. I could get used to it, but I don't want to.

I bought my house during a month of shore leave, necessitated by my dad's death, the day after I signed the papers I flew to get back on the boat (because my first POS mortgage agent ghosted me), 4 months later when I was back on American soil I flew to my house to stay for the first time, I was gonna set up an air mattress and shop for a bed, but my roomates had already set up a platform bed and queen sized mattress for me, with linens and everything.

It was a little hard not to tear up.

Sorry about your roomate's kitty, 20 years is a good run, I hope he passes peacefully to the big mouse-chasing ground in the sky. I literally have no idea what I'll do when it's Rosie's time :/

poo poo's so bad that my military superiors are "encouraging (us) to exercise our first amendment rights, in light of recent events"

Have a story in three parts as a break for a break from Police brutality.

a black man in police custody in Tacoma, WA was choked to death, it happened a month ago but the autopsy results are just coming out

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

Worth noting, that video has gotten through to some people I never ever expected to understand that policing in America has serious problems. I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it might be that it's an old white dude getting beat up for what's obviously zero reason, while excuses could be made for most of the previous cases, however tenuous those excuses were.

Kenneth Walker hit the same people pretty hard too, especially given the whole legal gun owner thing. But didn't convince them. Wonder why?

worth noting that a lot of chuds have already analyzed this video and declared it...you guessed it! a false flag!

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

LloydDobler posted:

Yeah 3rding that you should shop for a passenger seat at a junkyard. I know I'm a Volvo dork but their seats are legendary for being comfortable and the sport seats are pretty nice while being sporty looking.

I second the Volvo seats. I’ve had a fully power-adjustable (and heated) one from a 2005ish S60 for 10+ years now, attached to a Walmart base. As long as I remember to put the trickle charger on it now and then, all the electronics work. I forgot for a while and my tender battery is dead now.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

BraveUlysses posted:

worth noting that a lot of chuds have already analyzed this video and declared it...you guessed it! a false flag!

Well, obviously. :freep:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

The Door Frame posted:

I don't follow, what's the play by the union? And they were suspended without pay as soon as the video blew up

The play by the union is to force the entire unit to resign. This is an attempt to force the police to not punish the guys who pushed the dude so that everyone else will come back. Its basically like any other work stoppage, just for a really lovely goal.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well tonight's been a shitshow. Careless coworker rammed into a "6 wheeler" cart I was using to break down a pallet with an electric pallet jack. Slammed into my hand and pinned it between a shelf and the handle of the cart. I started cussing, he just kept going, oblivious. Definitely sprained my wrist and cut myself on the edge of the shelf, probably gonna have a wicked bruise tomorrow.

Went to the manager in charge, did an incident report, he asked if I wanted to go to the ER. I said no, nothing's broken, but it's definitely sprained and I'm leaking some red, can't really pick anything up with it. It's my dominant hand too. Told him I'll grab a wrist brace if I can find a 24 hour Walgreens and I'll see him tomorrow. He told me to come back in the morning and talk to HR if I needed to seek medical attention, since they'll have to send me to a clinic and also have me pee in a cup - or just go to an ER if the pain gets worse.

He just called and asked why I never came back from getting a wrist brace. :downsgun: The overnight lead I've been having so many issues with is apparently raising hell with him. I thought we'd made it clear I was leaving and would see how it was tomorrow, he confirmed verbally that I was leaving. He just called back and said "so uh.... you can pass a drug test, right? :ohdear: <lead> is pissed as hell and demanding you take one". I'm fine on that front, I'm just more concerned about what time they'll want me to take it... since I work nights and usually sleep days.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

:kimchi:

Pet that dog for me please.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

nm posted:

The play by the union is to force the entire unit to resign. This is an attempt to force the police to not punish the guys who pushed the dude so that everyone else will come back. Its basically like any other work stoppage, just for a really lovely goal.

I'm gobsmacked by how the cops Just Dont Get It. They are under intense scrutiny, there's thousands of cameras pointing in their direction ready to post their actions and yet there's hundreds of videos of peaceful protestors getting their heads kicked in, tear gassed, rubber bullets, killed and just all round stupidity by police which is just throwing even more petrol onto the flames and getting more people to come out and yell ACAB. The protests are nationwide in ways we haven't seen since the sixes - and maybe it tops that as honestly who the hell is keeping up with what city has lit up now? Just about the entire USA other than a small minority of hopelessly stupid chuds are now thinking "Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe that dude who knelt had a good point after all...." because the senseless cop violence is loving everywhere.

The best way the cops could settle this down is take a step back and not throw a punch at a kneeling protestor. Really aint that hard to do... but yet hey, old white dude was nearly killed live on video oh poo poo here the protestor numbers swell again!

loving idiots. Killing in the Name Of and Deer Dance shouldn't be relevant in 2020 but here we are, even more relevant

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My 10 year old found an old padlock last night and picked it. I'm so proud.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Thanks for all the seat advice guys. I think I will drive over to the pick-a-part tomorrow and see what they have on the lot and try some seats out. I've always liked Volvo seats too, so it's cool to see a couple recs for those.

Also I jumped the Miata and drove it around for an hour today to juice up the 1 year old dumb AGM battery that's been suffering through almost zero starts during quarantine, then I installed the solar panel trickle charger that (I think) Krakkles recommended in last month's thread. There's already a factory cutout in the rear firewall to the trunk so putting the cables back to the battery was a cinch, although I slightly broke one of the plastic push-tab things that holds the carpet down behind the passenger seat so maybe there'll be an NA at the junkyard tomorrow - and if not, I assume Mazda used the same trim securing piece for like 30 years of all their cars.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm gobsmacked by how the cops Just Dont Get It. They are under intense scrutiny, there's thousands of cameras pointing in their direction ready to post their actions and yet there's hundreds of videos of peaceful protestors getting their heads kicked in, tear gassed, rubber bullets, killed and just all round stupidity by police which is just throwing even more petrol onto the flames and getting more people to come out and yell ACAB. The protests are nationwide in ways we haven't seen since the sixes - and maybe it tops that as honestly who the hell is keeping up with what city has lit up now? Just about the entire USA other than a small minority of hopelessly stupid chuds are now thinking "Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe that dude who knelt had a good point after all...." because the senseless cop violence is loving everywhere.

The best way the cops could settle this down is take a step back and not throw a punch at a kneeling protestor. Really aint that hard to do... but yet hey, old white dude was nearly killed live on video oh poo poo here the protestor numbers swell again!

loving idiots. Killing in the Name Of and Deer Dance shouldn't be relevant in 2020 but here we are, even more relevant

They're reminding us that they're above the law. How _dare_ commoners criticize them?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

loving idiots.

That's exactly how I felt after seeing the George Floyd video, he clearly sees there's someone taking video of him, he almost made it a point NOT to take his knee off his neck out of loving spite. Oh, you want me to take my knee off his neck and you're gonna film me? gently caress you now I'm really gonna wedge my knee in there to piss you off!

And I think that's how most Cops attitudes are, gently caress you, I'm in control and i'm gonna do what I want. Well great job idiots look where you are now.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 6, 2020

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah, its absolutely a flex of power.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

cops in america (and the rest of the world but its more obvious for ours!) truly absolutely believe in their thin blue line rhetoric and they also believe that they should be able to declare war on their own communities as they please - witness Louisville police union spokesman threatening to do just that if LPD doesn't feel sufficient warm fuzzies from the community. they don't get it because they're both personally, as individuals, and structurally, as a group, diametrically opposed to anything that the community does that restricts their ability to act as the world's biggest gang. they are all in the gang because they like being in a gang, and anything that might slightly change their role away from literal thugs is unacceptable to them.

cops would rather resign and stop being cops than make an incremental change such as the absolutely massive step of not causing a 75 year old white man to brain bleed and not rendering aid after the fact. that's really all you need to know.

hit the streets if you can, friends, and remember: the cops are violent, not us.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

fwiw not every police force is that way, I've lived in places where the police are genuinely good and helpful people by and large. I've seen police stop and help passed out homeless people until an ambulance arrives. I was once assaulted by a trio of assholes in a Zurich train station, a police officer arrived within a minute and despite being armed, chose to disable them by hand 1 on 3 like some kind of knockoff Terminator, accent and all, then checked if I was okay and offered to take me to a doctor.

All happened in places where there was basically zero chance of someone whipping a gun out and shooting them, though, to be fair

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

cops in america are not ruthless violent criminals because there is a risk of being shot on the job

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

You're 100% right. But I'd argue that it's a small factor, or at the very least an easy excuse.

e: what I mean is, putting myself in a policeman's shoes, I'd be way more risk averse if I could be shot at any moment by some rear end in a top hat

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Grakkus posted:

You're 100% right. But I'd argue that it's a small factor, or at the very least an easy excuse.

e: what I mean is, putting myself in a policeman's shoes, I'd be way more risk averse if I could be shot at any moment by some rear end in a top hat

How's this for a hot take? Highway Patrol and City beat cops should not be armed with firearms. Pepper spray and tazers only. Got an armed robbery or a domestic with a shotgun? You send in the specially-trained, firearms-equipped unit.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The Prong Song posted:

How's this for a hot take? Highway Patrol and City beat cops should not be armed with firearms. Pepper spray and tazers only. Got an armed robbery or a domestic with a shotgun? You send in the specially-trained, firearms-equipped unit.

preach, brother

Grakkus posted:

people in america become cops because they salivate for the opportunity to beat or shoot people to the extent that the culture of most police forces is oriented towards being a gang of violent thugs. you literally cannot put yourself in the shoes of the average cop because you are not out there looking to bash faces at the slightest provocation. i know this is probably hard to comprehend as someone who is not from the US.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Krakkles posted:

Black Lives Matter.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

The Prong Song posted:

:emptyquote:

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

The Prong Song posted:

This is a lukewarm take at best because in a lot of civilised places this is how it works :shrug:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

people in america become cops because they salivate for the opportunity to beat or shoot people to the extent that the culture of most police forces is oriented towards being a gang of violent thugs. you literally cannot put yourself in the shoes of the average cop because you are not out there looking to bash faces at the slightest provocation. i know this is probably hard to comprehend as someone who is not from the US.

Like I said I 100% get it and agree, I'm a euro but I've been watching what's going on over there and it's like watching a government sanctioned gang and its unbelievably hosed up. I guess I just wanted to point out that if you imagined the whole gun thing into a different, non racist, non thuggish environment you'd still end up with a seriously paranoid and trigger happy police force compared with what I've seen

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Got the S65 back yesterday and went to the drag strip, it's a work in progress but was nice to be out doing something normalish that didn't require direct human contact. My kids also had a blast.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

We got some nasty hail here and now the XC90 has dents in all but a handful of panels. :smith:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Grakkus posted:

This is a lukewarm take at best because in a lot of civilised places this is how it works :shrug:

Cops in the US are practically married to their guns though. I'm a municipal employee and interact with police on an almost daily basis as a part of my job. They never disarm unless forced to do so - even inside the police department while behind several layers of security they always have a gun on their hip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Grakkus posted:

"A lot" might be reaching a bit, at most I'd say that there are ten countries in the world where the police don't carry firearms regularly.