Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I ordered groceries for pickup and put one (1) daikon radish on the order, thinking I'd use it in kimchi soup or maybe put some in salad or whatever.

This is the one daikon they gave me (trisuits for scale):

It weighs in at 1.4kg (3.08 lbs)

What do I do with one and a half kilos of daikon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
that's what we in the business call a home wrecker

Goons Are Gifts

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

that's what we in the business call a home wrecker

This post and the thread title in my head came together as the perfect dick joke

Khanstant
cut in half longways, hollow it out a little and fille it with cheese and jalapenos, wrap it shut with bacon and bake it or something.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I can think of a couple places you could put that OP :getin:

1) the countertop. Seems you figured this one out already
2) a table top. Same as the countertop, just in a different room and maybe a different height.
3)in the trunk of your car. Looks like it would fit. Might rot and stink up your car
4) the bathtub. Might get in the way of taking a bath, but the kids might think it was a fun toy AND you would have a squeaky-clean radish
5) outside. This is a pretty big category, but honestly you could put it literally anywhere outside and it would be fine. Some cute aminals might eat it, or a hungry neighbor might appreciate the snack. It also might rot.
6)in the garage. Similar to outside, but slightly less likely to be eaten. Similar possible downsides to ‘the trunk of your car’ and ‘outside’
7) the garbage can. That is just too large a radish for anyone to sensibly consume.
8) ur butt lol :butts:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Trying

Wait, is small & red not typical?

Stooge

that's pretty rad

:discourse:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stooge posted:

that's pretty rad

:discourse:

ish

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

Khanstant posted:

cut in half longways, hollow it out a little and fille it with cheese and jalapenos, wrap it shut with bacon and bake it or something.

we don't abide facebook top-down cooking videos in this household

nut

please help my salad is 2 small

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Imagine smuggling that through customs

wearing a lampshade

That radish looks like a big dick

nut

I’d say it looks unequivocally rad

The Voice of Labor

serious answer. julienne it, add equal parts julienne'd carrots and maybe half as much onion. mix rice vinegar, sugar water and salt to taste. cover your vegetables with your brine, weigh them down a little and stick them in the fridge for two + weeks. now you have the pickled vegetables to make a bahn mi sandwich

you could also julienne it and brine it in a much sweeter brine, wrap it in sushi rice and seaweed and make daikon rolls. that is what my child would do.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I used like 1/6 of it in some cole slaw today

Finger Prince

Daikon roasts up pretty good in the oven. Cube it up and roast it like carrots. Season it however you like.

The Breakfast Sampler

surprisingly, even though he is the smallest, toad can pull the big radishes the fastest in SMB2. if you are having trouble with it in your house please consider giving him a call

Finger Prince

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

surprisingly, even though he is the smallest, toad can pull the big radishes the fastest in SMB2. if you are having trouble with it in your house please consider giving him a call

I always thought the big radishes in SMB2 were a conceit of fantasy video game land, until I saw a sakurajima radish. Oh, that poo poo is real.

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah he's somewhat funny and cool, not super hilarious or anything, just kinda radish

wearing a lampshade

Daikock

Escape From Noise

You could make a bunch of oden

nut

dai kong

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
This is like those Persona 4 cooking minigames I always fail. I dunno? Make Daigaku Imo?

alexandriao

i dont see the problem im sure with some training u could take it all. it has a curve so it doesn't get stuck too

alexandriao

in the spiraliser

did u think i was talking abt something else???? rude

Heather Papps

hello friend

trade for as of yet unknown sized eggplants

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Poise
OP, your radish is neither too big nor too small. Your radish is exactly the size it was meant to be.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Unsolicited daik pics

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Kief Richards posted:

Unsolicited daik pics

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Unsolicited daik pics

nut

Kief Richards posted:

Unsolicited daik pics

lmfbo

google THIS

Kief Richards posted:

Unsolicited daik pics

I showed you my produce, pls respond

alexandriao

google THIS posted:

Stoner Sloth

Kief Richards posted:

Unsolicited daik pics

google THIS posted:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

The Voice of Labor

please help, my tomatoes are too small

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

The Voice of Labor posted:

please help, my tomatoes are too small

Put something around them for the plant to climb up, like a metal cage or even just some wooden stakes, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Put something around them for the plant to climb up, like a metal cage or even just some wooden stakes, hth

I guess I deserved a serious response to a joke reply in turn for my serious response to a joke op.

the tomatoes are fine. those are the trauma romas the wife picked up at walmart when what the local corona shutdown was going to shut down wasn't real clear. they were stunted, wilted, withered and probably diseased. that they produced at all, that they're getting ready to put out a second flush and that they got tall enough to be tied up at all are really kind of surprising. they're first to fruit, probably from all the stress, and are looking to have the early girls beat by a full month for first ripe tomato.