Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Somfin posted:

The amazing thing is, I would have been right there with them less than a year ago, choking down neckfuls of hindbrain cognitive dissonance and threading that needle between "yeah it's fine to vote for Joe" and "yeah the Dems are bad and actually not better than Republicans even though they say nicer things."

The crack and ping are real yo.

My crack ping moment was when Obama went into Libya. Up until then I was making excuses for him: "yeah, he caved on single payer, and on taxes on the rich ... but at least he'll never start a new war like Bush". Not after that.

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but by 11/9 I was fully jokerpilled: I found myself reading the general election thread over and over, just grinning ear to ear at the existential suffering of the hillarymen. I look forward to tasting the 2020 vintage in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

You also cannot advocate for Joe Biden. Even statements like "joe is bad but..." I mean, you would not be doing that anyway because you are not an apologist for a ra_ist.

Wait, no Joe means I have to denounce the sun god as well??

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Wait, no Joe means I have to denounce the sun god as well??

We answer only to Set.

All hail the great serpent Apophis!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Corky Romanovsky posted:

You also cannot advocate for Joe Biden. Even statements like "joe is bad but..." I mean, you would not be doing that anyway because you are not an apologist for a ra_ist.

Does me saying things like Trump is offering nothing to stop police brutality but Biden is offering corporate tax cuts violate this?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Look the rules are actually very simple

Jewel Repetition posted:

If you reveal that you are going to vote for him, or recommend voting for him, you will fail this toxx.

That's it. If anyone is seriously trying to break down and lawyer these rules I'm gonna have to accuse them of being a liberal

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ultimate Werewolf, CSPAM edition: There are liberals among us

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Organ Fiend posted:

My crack ping moment was when Obama went into Libya. Up until then I was making excuses for him: "yeah, he caved on single payer, and on taxes on the rich ... but at least he'll never start a new war like Bush". Not after that.

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but by 11/9 I was fully jokerpilled: I found myself reading the general election thread over and over, just grinning ear to ear at the existential suffering of the hillarymen. I look forward to tasting the 2020 vintage in November.

Crooked Hillary did in hopes history would depict her as the best SoS in US history!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Ultimate Werewolf, CSPAM edition: There are liberals among us

:hmmyes:
I could see that. Have the extra classes, like the Hunter analog: The Mod: "When this Liberal is discovered, Ban the NoJoe who discovered them. The Mod becomes a Regular Liberal upon using this ability."

or

"When this Liberal is discovered, they can assign a Trump avatar to target non-Liberal"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Elephanthead posted:

Does me saying things like Trump is offering nothing to stop police brutality but Biden is offering corporate tax cuts violate this?

"Damning through faint praise" is one of the specifically enumerated exceptions, so no

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Jewel Repetition posted:

The toxx isn't for who wins, it's for whether you, personally, vote for Joe Biden

What is the punishment for saying you would vote for Joe Biden?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Chuka Umana posted:

The shame of being enough of a spineless ghoul that you would vote for a known rapist just because there's a D next to his name instead of an R.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

etalian posted:

Crooked Hillary did in hopes history would depict her as the best SoS in US history!

All of the blood on Crooked's hands are on Obama's as well. Him picking her as SoS was a huge red flag that should have been noticed, but optimistic idiots like me didn't.

Also, I would pay irresponsible amounts of money for video/audio of election night in the Clinton bunker.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Organ Fiend posted:

All of the blood on Crooked's hands are on Obama's as well. Him picking her as SoS was a huge red flag that should have been noticed, but optimistic idiots like me didn't.

Also, I would pay irresponsible amounts of money for video/audio of election night in the Clinton bunker.

oh my god the sniping and recriminations and red-faced banging of phones too hard

it'd be like a renaissance painting

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Chuka Umana posted:

Biden shame av

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Chuka Umana posted:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Joe is bad, but only metaphorically out to parasically suck all of the blood out of the lower classes; this is unlike the honorable mosquito that is literally out to do so for everyone equally that people will generally agree is a drain on humanity.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Organ Fiend posted:

How quickly do you think she realized she was going to lose? I remember being pretty sure by 9PM EST or so.

Who do you think she blamed first: Bernie or Russia?

NewPlayer
Apr 17, 2020

https://www.twitch.tv/jessica_scarane/ watch Nichael play cnc and beg for campaign donations

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

So glad the dem presidential candidate was chosen by republicans again.

hey, don't blame me, I voted for Tulsi

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I didn't get to vote.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

holy loving poo poo

im amazed i have never heard this before yet at the exact same time honestly not even slightly surprised at all

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

even if

1. the election were to be held in november
2. going to a polling location were safe
i. from the pandemic
ii. from fascist violence
3. i were not to be murdered by fascists as a reprisal for engaging in peaceful protests
4. the votes were counted accurately
5. the incumbent would step down if they lost the election
6. joe biden were to personally suck my dick

i would not vote for joe biden

Tungsten has issued a correction as of 11:33 on Jun 7, 2020

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Some Guy TT posted:

holy loving poo poo

im amazed i have never heard this before yet at the exact same time honestly not even slightly surprised at all

Lol, remember when the Centrists were trying to say that the Trumpists were going to do this for Bernie in the primaries to inflate his numbers since he'd be the easier one to beat in the GE?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so i saw this bit in the ezra klein interview of ta nehisi coates

Ezra Klein posted:

If you looked at his first video about the George Floyd killing and then the protest that turned violent, it just didn’t have any of the “on the one hand, on the other hand” “order is important” language. It was just straightforward: There has been a murder committed by police and that is the cause of this, even more so than the way Obama would talk about things like this a couple of years back.

and i was like bwuh really that doesnt sound like him so i looked it up and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en3KaDlUtZE

lol he doesnt say anything even remotely resembling that why am i not surprised

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Not today, Joe.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i've been saying that biden being elected will be bad cause dems will drop all resistance to the policies they supposedly hate trump for

glad to see them confirm my fears with their "I can't wait for biden to be elected so life will be boring once again!!"

don't vote for joe if you want anything to change at all

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

pyrotek posted:

How quickly do you think she realized she was going to lose? I remember being pretty sure by 9PM EST or so.

Well going by the D&D primary thread, people there started to realize something was up when FL was so close for so long. Was hat 9 or 8? I don't remember. If it was 8 then by 9, yeah. Whenever it was that the panhandle started getting the vote in, NC's result became clear, and the vote started coming in from the rust belt, showing a close race.

As for who she blamed first ... lol I don't know, but I'm sure Robby "The Algorithm Never Lies!" Mook, who was there in the bunker, got a few new assholes ripped open. I'm surprised the man hasn't committed suicide via multiple gunshots to the back yet.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Thoguh posted:

I will not vote for Joe Biden today

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

pyrotek posted:

She absolutely blamed Bernie, first. The contempt she still has for him, nearly 4 years later, is palpable through just about any medium; I can only image how seething with rage she was at him taking the only thing she's ever wanted away from her in 2016.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the_steve posted:

Lol, remember when the Centrists were trying to say that the Trumpists were going to do this for Bernie in the primaries to inflate his numbers since he'd be the easier one to beat in the GE?

it is always projection

every time

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I will admit, being trans and a social worker I have had moments of “maybe I should vote for the lesser of two evils after all...”

But nah lol gently caress that Green Party here I come.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Condiv posted:

i've been saying that biden being elected will be bad cause dems will drop all resistance to the policies they supposedly hate trump for

glad to see them confirm my fears with their "I can't wait for biden to be elected so life will be boring once again!!"

They just really want to be at brunch right now.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sleeptalker posted:

They just really want to be at brunch right now.

they ARE at brunch

during blm protests

look those mimosas aren't drinking themselves

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I will admit, being trans and a social worker I have had moments of “maybe I should vote for the lesser of two evils after all...”

It's a great day to be a HowieHomie

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Alien Sex Manual posted:

If I ever have that thought, I just look at Biden supporters to remind myself of what supporting the “lesser evil” turns you into.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

does biden even have anything that can reasonably be called a pro trans policy i think some d and der was fawning over some vague focus grouped bullshit on bidens website but as far as i know hes never actually said that hes going to like change title nine interpretations or gendered prison assignments and im not sure hed even know what these policies were or are if someone asked him about them

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Condiv posted:

There really isn't any substantive resistance as it is. It's all performative.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
My big crack ping moment a few weeks or decades ago was realizing that whether Biden or Trump wins will not meaningfully change anything for the blue state DNC Democratic politicians. They won't lose their positions or their donor paychecks one way or the other. Pelosi and Schumer's lives won't meaningfully change.

Really, Biden winning is the worse case scenario outside of a miracle like a third party gaining more votes than he does. Biden winning means they would actually need to do work to justify their phoney baloney jobs rather than figuring out statements that sound sarcastically anti-Trump at first for the shitlib base, but are actually 100% serious.

In short, gently caress Biden, won't vote for him, and gently caress the comfortable liberals who believe in nothing but having cushy do-nothing jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

if trump loses there might actually be enough anger at the national democratic party that aoc would primary challenge schumer and wed finally be rid of that grotesquely ineffective schizophrenic weirdo once and for all

its a small chance and complicated by the fact that aoc is both currently canceled and disturbingly in apparent thrall to the succ but ill take a small chance over the jack poo poo chance wed get with a biden victory