Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Defenestrategy posted:

Is it in gip that someone had a "horse thought of ants and died" story?

it was PYF and then fishmech copy pasted it to tumblr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

SeaborneClink posted:

it was PYF and then fishmech copy pasted it to tumblr

A Ruddha classic

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

hobbesmaster posted:

The horses are actually trained for this pretty extensively during bomb proofing.

Then maybe they should make the cops out of whatever they use to make the horses.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

LongDarkNight posted:

Then maybe they should make the cops out of whatever they use to make the horses.

Horse cum and eggs?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

LongDarkNight posted:

A couple years of dedicated training instead of a couple months would probably be good but I think the problem with the cops is the curriculum...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Make the horses the cops.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Defenestrategy posted:

Is it in gip that someone had a "horse thought of ants and died" story?

That was ruddha

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ElMaligno posted:

brb throwing big cat piss at pony cops

Source?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Seems like charging a crowd is even more indiscriminate than shooting riot guns into a crowd. Like a horse is gonna care who it tramples and kicks. Bonus you get to blame the horse instead of the officer.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Make the horses the cops.

That was my favorite part of Armie Hammer's plan in Sorry to Bother You

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
one of the Bannerlord patches fixed a crash in which a riderless horse would hear an arrow and crash the game

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Maybe all of their horses are named Roach

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Just trying to make up for the charge of the Light Brigade.

Lobster God posted:

Charge of the traffic light brigade

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Soiled Meat

Fallom posted:

The office is talking more and more about bringing me back inside full time. “If we wanted to be held back by your family we would’ve issued you one” was said. gently caress that, I’m dragging my feet as long as possible so I don’t bring something back to my neutropenic wife.

The whole point of selling out is supposed to be that I get treated better. My company is taking the same tone and I'm like gently caress them and that.

But I also want a baby and insurance is tied to employment and...

gently caress...

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I don't understand why these 38mm rubber rounds are designed to be skip fired off the ground. That seems like a way to guarantee you have no accuracy and whoopsies sorry about your eyeballs.

Not like direct firing them would be better, but this tactic seems like a poor choice.

http://www.nonlethaltechnologies.com/pdf/DS/MP-4-R3.pdf

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Directions are for pussies. :clint:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

I don't understand why these 38mm rubber rounds are designed to be skip fired off the ground. That seems like a way to guarantee you have no accuracy and whoopsies sorry about your eyeballs.

Not like direct firing them would be better, but this tactic seems like a poor choice.

http://www.nonlethaltechnologies.com/pdf/DS/MP-4-R3.pdf

I suspect that's somewhat the point. Same as that weird Thompson "riot ammo" that Forgotten Weapons got to fire some of once. It was meant to be bounced off the ground and was basically a slightly elongated .45 ACP full of birdshot, because that's technically less-lethal. Ouch.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It probably loses a lot of velocity/force when it skips, but yeah, it's almost like a they just shouldn't use that ammunition.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

A Bad Poster posted:

It probably loses a lot of velocity/force when it skips, but yeah, it's almost like a they just shouldn't use that ammunition.

I worked in the prisons of Iraq in 2004. I used both shotgun and M203 40mm Non-lethal rounds. I don't have any of the various printed ROEs anymore. They were much more restrictive than what US law enforcement has been using. None of the training I rceived mentioned anything about skipping rounds and I would have also received an Article 15 for shooting a detainee in the face with a non-lethal round.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

This.

Someone smarter and more experience than me will correct me, but when I got LtL training, they straight up said that all the stuff we had needed to be skipped, or the potential for lethality goes up.
We were also trained to never, ever aim at the head- too likely to kill.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m sure they would use live rounds and Joe Biden our kneecaps if they could so it doesn’t shock me that there either isn’t any rule against shooting LTL rounds at someone’s face or they just don’t give a poo poo.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Even if they gave a poo poo, every single person who was ever trained on firearms, mil police or civ, has been trained to aim for high chest center mass.

And under stress everyone reflexively falls back on that. Of course protesters are gonna eat rubber bullets in the face.

EDIT: my point is police need to stop using projectile weapons as a solution to loving everything. for starters.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kazinsal posted:

I suspect that's somewhat the point. Same as that weird Thompson "riot ammo" that Forgotten Weapons got to fire some of once. It was meant to be bounced off the ground and was basically a slightly elongated .45 ACP full of birdshot, because that's technically less-lethal. Ouch.

This is essentially rat-shot.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100081051

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Woofer posted:

I’m sure they would use live rounds and Joe Biden our kneecaps if they could so it doesn’t shock me that there either isn’t any rule against shooting LTL rounds at someone’s face or they just don’t give a poo poo.

It's this.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

They must run all of the LtL training classes in allergy season, with all the winking happening whenever people say "don't do this it could kill somebody"

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Woofer posted:

Maybe all of their horses are named Roach

Nah, didn't see any horses on rooftops.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Crossposting from the riot thread because that poo poo moves fast.

This is what caused Seattle PD to gas the unholy gently caress out of people. A very scary umbrella phalanx.

edit : the cops are currently yelling about objects thrown at the cops, those objects... are gas canisters.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Went marching and stuff today. Left out to rest up before going back tomorrow and the cops are flashbanging and tossing smoke at the crowd and arresting folks. Just lol if there's tear gas only two days after mayor Durkan announced the "30 day ban"

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

mlmp08 posted:

Horse cum and eggs?

One of the least popular breakfast options at Denny's.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

piL posted:

One of the least popular breakfast options at Denny's.

Just needs to be sold right, like rocky mountain oysters.

Find a fancy name for it and you'll find customers. Something something creme de la equine.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Equus Benedict.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Protest in DC is lit

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's a march in Seattle headed to U Village, a collection of upscale shops next to the University of Washington and a haven of the wealthy.

At the same time, protesters in Cal Anderson Park just pushed the police back to their previous line outside the East Precinct following the police attack on the protesters.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Seattle mayor's promise to not use tear gas for 30 days (lol) was broken after 1 day.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
This poo poo is badass. The crowd moves with more precision than the cops.

https://twitter.com/chaseburnsy/status/1269483738242576384

A candle lmao

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1269478239187025921?s=19

https://twitter.com/meatballsandwi4/status/1269465056833486851

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
The police administrations across this country are so loving dumb

Like, they've shown themselves to be dumb as gently caress the last 40 years. But holy poo poo, they've truly outdone themselves with the stupidity this time. This isn't 1968. Gas and batons aren't going to quell this. Only true reform.

Only now are some of them realizing this may be true, but they're still in the bargaining phase.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 7, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Best Friends posted:

The Seattle mayor's promise to not use tear gas for 30 days (lol) was broken after 1 day.

That's clearly an OC gas grenade, nothing to see here (lol at anyone who didn't call this 10 seconds after the promise was made)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Best Friends posted:

SHOCKER

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Bored As gently caress posted:

Like, they've shown themselves to be dumb as gently caress the last 40 years. But holy poo poo, they've truly outdone themselves with the stupidity this time. This isn't 1968. Gas and batons aren't going to quell this. Only true reform.

Only now are some of them realizing this may be true, but they're still in the bargaining phase.

If/when the bottom truly drops out of the economy in the next few months and we lapse into a bad recession or global depression, law enforcement agencies (at local, state, and federal level) are going to be enfranchised with even more power and authority, both official and unofficial. They'll have job security and social/societal leverage over an even more vulnerable than usual populace. Dirty cops love economic downturns, because it makes it way easier (and lucrative) for them to do business. This :jerkbag: ~disrespect~ :jerkbag: is threatening/undermining their image going into that period.

They're practicing and looking to find out where the absolute lines/limits are. They're assuming this'll have no more gas than the Occupy movement had, and that Americans will get bored and gently caress off when it starts hitting 90-100F+ routinely in what is likely going to be the hottest summer on record.

Make no mistake, Biden's camp is watching, too. If the American people get lazy and complacent and let this momentum falter, we're well and truly hosed, because he's no friend of equality and justice, and he knows where the lines are now in the presidency thanks to Trump.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Bored As gently caress posted:

Police, as a whole, aren't bargaining. They're running the only playbook they've known for decades; escalation. Anyone challenges your authority, escalate. Get violent. Not working? Call for backup and outnumber the person challenging you, GOTO 10. Only, oops, now they're the ones out numbered because there's not five of them jumping one black guy on the street corner. The entire modern police culture only has that playbook left at this point though so it's all they know to do, and it's just going to keep going.There's no other game plan. Nobody left in the force has used anything else for the duration of their career.