Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm surprised he didn't say yes. The brainwashing must be wearing off already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

They've been yanking him around long enough that I'm certain he stayed so he could fund his action figure addiction and get his podcast/YouTube show about it off the ground

Plus one of the few nice things rn about WWE is they'll absolutely pay 6 figure contracts to people sitting at home to prevent them from going elsewhere, Zack is probably doing okay financially while his body is way less beat up then say, The Miz.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 7, 2020

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

No wonder the interviewers just stand and stare into the distance after someone walks away from them. Must be awkward to get out of that insane crouch and walk away yourself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

She’s called Felicia Rose and all her socials are extremely nws

Please don't doxx me

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He did say yes though, well, Chelsea did I suppose?

E: Never mind, it looked like their pool but I guess it wasn’t

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 7, 2020

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It was filmed somewhere else.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They've been yanking him around long enough that I'm certain he stayed so he could fund his action figure addiction and get his podcast/YouTube show about it off the ground

Plus one of the few nice things rn about WWE is they'll absolutely pay 6 figure contracts to people sitting at home to prevent them from going elsewhere, Zack is probably doing okay financially while his body is way less beat up then say, The Miz.

Those two have a really nice house... I assume they are doing well.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

In this case probably since he's had such a long career making (probably?) decent money but I know a few people who have really nice houses who made great money for years and are now out of jobs and probably going to lose them so don't always assume that. That and one thing many people don't realize when they buy a giant crazy house like The Miz did is that the upkeep every year (taxes, utilities, insurance, etc) is really fuckin expensive.

Also people that are bad with finances are one bad investment away from being broke no matter how many millions

Wrestlers like Matt Hardy are smart (even back in his acting stupid and drug phase) because he set up so many alternative sources of income (Membership to the hardy boys website that apparently did really well that was basically a patreon before that was a thing, dvds they put out themselves of the Hardy show season after season, their own merch etc) so even when Jeff was constantly suspended or fired they still had income coming in.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 7, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Vince gives two options, he either books you in NXT In Your House or IRS Take Your House

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

IRS Take Your House

Great thread title

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Im sure his toy doll collection is increasing ist value as we speak

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Astro7x posted:

Those two have a really nice house... I assume they are doing well.

The first thing WWE does when hiring somebody is hook them up with a real estate agent. Because somebody with a mortgage payment to worry about is somebody financially dependent on you. So a lot of these guys probably got houses they probably shouldn't have because they were drunk on their new paycheck and their new future at the time. We talk about how WWE doesn't pay their talent relative to what they're worth but 6 figures is 6 figures even if it should be 7 sometimes.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Once again Kevin Nash proves his boundless wisdom: buy a small rear end apartment instead of a yuge and luxurious mansion.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also none of the women in WWE should buy an expensive house because they could be paired up to work with Nia Jax and at any moment in time their career could come to an abrupt end.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

The only wrestlers who are allowed to have huge rear end mansions with a ton of land are Matt Hard and Rusev so they have lawns to mow

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

HerraS posted:

Once again Kevin Nash proves his boundless wisdom: buy a small rear end apartment instead of a yuge and luxurious mansion.

I think it was Wahoo McDaniel who told Nash to buy a house with cash as soon as he could so that "the business wouldn't own you."

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Chief Jay Strongbow, ya dunce

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ChrisBTY posted:

The first thing WWE does when hiring somebody is hook them up with a real estate agent. Because somebody with a mortgage payment to worry about is somebody financially dependent on you. So a lot of these guys probably got houses they probably shouldn't have because they were drunk on their new paycheck and their new future at the time. We talk about how WWE doesn't pay their talent relative to what they're worth but 6 figures is 6 figures even if it should be 7 sometimes.

I'm astonished at this. It's like super casual evil.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

What's the story behind this one? It makes complete sense but I'm imagining this came from an interview with someone?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tato posted:

According to Zack Ryder, WWE was reaching out to talent with pools in the area to see if they could film the Otis/Rose skit there. Including Zack, who they just fired. They didn’t even ask him directly, they texted Chelsea Green instead. Amazing.

Reminds me of once when my friends went somewhere and didn't invite me, then texted me after to see if they could crash at my house.

ChrisBTY posted:

So that's why "WWE bought my house" is always the first anti-smark retort

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 7, 2020

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I live near the neighborhood where, like, all of the NXT wrestlers (and call-ups) have homes/townhouses/apartments and it's a really overpriced area. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some real estate agent hooking them up or pushing them to live there.

I do remember seeing dudes from like, ~2014/15 era posting pictures living in some shittier apartment complexes that are pretty much for Full Sail students.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Akileese posted:

What's the story behind this one? It makes complete sense but I'm imagining this came from an interview with someone?

Crap, I don't remember the source. It may have come from either the Flair book or the Foley book. But that doesn't sound right. Anyway it's one of those things I have absolutely no reason to doubt because it makes too much goddamn sense.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Uber do the same thing with car loans, including pressuring people to upgrade their cars if they think they're making enough money.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There was a huge twitter thread a while back about an unnamed "flat management company", which was obviously Valve Software, and one of the tweets was

quote:

Here’s a tip: If you accept a job somewhere and have to relocate, don’t use the real estate agents the company recommends. These agents sometimes have “back channels” to your new employer.
Information about you that would be illegal for your employer to ask or acquire through direct means can be acquired through these back channels.
And then this information can be used to pressure or exploit you.

Another employment tip: Never tell your coworkers or manager that you have a lease, or are locked into anything long term. Leave it ambiguous/private. If they know you’re “locked in” you are opening yourself up to exploitation.
I learned about this from a friend, who got exploited the instant their manager learned they had an expensive long-term lease.

So I wouldn't doubt for an instant that WWE would do it to an even greater degree.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

I'm late and i hope posting my second Bayley-content doesn't brand me as a creep. :ohdear:

But to lighten the mood: So much gold! (hope WWE won't sue me) :nono:

https://streamable.com/g5njqa

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

ChrisBTY posted:

Liv Morgan bought an absolutely absurd farm and if she ever gets released she is absolutely hosed :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm glad I don't know information about wrestler's houses

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

I know everything about DDPs house, or the 'Accountability Crib' as those in the know call it

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The Big Show has A Big House

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

HerraS posted:

Im sure his toy doll collection is increasing ist value as we speak

Since he started that podcast, the value of certain figure lines has gone through the roof with the exposure. Sure he’ll be fine between the money he has and probable AEW signing.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Blaise330 posted:

The Big Show has A Big House

But what if he lived in a tiny house??? This is my pitch for a better sitcom than the one they did

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

did we ever get A Big Table for Big Show to go with his Big Ladder and Big Chair

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Grem posted:

Liv Morgan bought an absolutely absurd farm and if she ever gets released she is absolutely hosed :(

Couldn't she pay for the farm by farming the farm?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Sandman McMahon posted:

Some goon who has never set foot in this sub forum with an intricate knowledge of agricultural economics is about to burst in here with a "oh you WISH that was likely"

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Sandman McMahon posted:

She did what to Daniel Bryan???

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sandman McMahon posted:

probably not unless she runs it as some sort of gimmick, farming is very capital intensive

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I imagine Big Show's garage has oversized reinforced ladders that break as soon as he steps on the first rung so that he can feel fat shamed at home too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

owning a farm is the second best way to make free money behind buying a sports team. most hundredmillionaires and billionaires own Farms or networks of them

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I once looked into starting a farm when I was a teenager to get into as an adult because farm life looked hard but awesome because no mods no masters but then I saw it was like 250k for one piece of equipment and instantly my dreams of being a farmer died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I want to own a farm so i can drive my tractor around and piss off the people commuting to work stuck behind me.