Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Started RE5 in veteran and jesus gently caress this game is brutal for a brand new start (in veteran). I just finished the first two chapters and it has been a real rough ride throughout. I'm getting to the point where my pistol is upgraded enough to be good again and of course this only happens once since the item progression means you slowly get better and better gear but it's been fun. Even RE4's hard mode isn't this bad to get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Happy Hedonist posted:

It was Bomberman R, and this was the fix. Thank you dude! :respek:

Glad it worked out! It's a very weird and kind of niche situation, but I guess that's to be expected with a weird and niche controller setup like joycons vs dual joycons vs pro controllers.

Years from now, emulation without the original controllers is going to be interesting.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

is this done by the same team behind half-minute hero? it kinda looks like it, if so it should be worth a look!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I played real hanafuda today with a friend in a park and was pleasantly surprised that her set was made by Nintendo. It features incredibly traditional drawings, nothing that would tip you off.

I wasn't aware they were still making hanafuda card packs.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Al-Saqr posted:

is this done by the same team behind half-minute hero? it kinda looks like it, if so it should be worth a look!

It was made by the person who made the Wolf RPG Engine, a program like RPG Maker, I guess as a way to demonstrate its capabilities. It's been on Steam for a long time

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Started RE5 in veteran and jesus gently caress this game is brutal for a brand new start (in veteran). I just finished the first two chapters and it has been a real rough ride throughout. I'm getting to the point where my pistol is upgraded enough to be good again and of course this only happens once since the item progression means you slowly get better and better gear but it's been fun. Even RE4's hard mode isn't this bad to get started.

How’s the frame rate on Switch? It was pretty rough on release and worse than the 360 version. Did they update it and fix it?

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Nthing the praise for the Genki covert dock; it works exactly as advertised despite being smaller than the official power adapter. Buy it while you can.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When ski lifts go wrong is $1.49 and looks pretty fun

https://youtu.be/lZihoiIDTFU

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/when-ski-lifts-go-wrong-switch/

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Al-Saqr posted:

It's more of an actual roguelike (as opposed to half-minute hero, which was basically just a puzzle game with rpg trappings), so I could see someone liking one but not the other. It's really good though, I played the steam version a ton. Lots of different classes and endings and stuff to unlock.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:
Oh it even has a level editor. I can never say no to a level editor.....

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Mode 7 posted:

Is there anything like Sid Meier's Pirates! for the Switch? I've been feeling like playing it again and I'm sad to discover that the 2004 remake isn't on the Switch for some reason.

If there's nothing good I'll just boot up Pirates! Gold or the remake on my PC, I guess, but I'd like to be able to play it while lazing in bed.

I don't believe so, but there is a game that has a title that "looks" like SM's Pirates and I get angry every time I see it.

I'll take a bad port of the cellphone version, even.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Which is the resident evil to get if I already have 4 an havent played any others? I don't care about order.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

Which is the resident evil to get if I already have 4 an havent played any others? I don't care about order.

The first one. The remake graphics are still gorgeous and its a classic, its spawned a huge series for a reason. You can also turn off the tank controls (though this makes the game a lot easier).

Two is the best one, but thats not on Switch.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

What's the best turn based tactical game on deal right now? I was considering Steam World Heist, but I already have that on steam.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Black Griffon posted:

What's the best turn based tactical game on deal right now? I was considering Steam World Heist, but I already have that on steam.

Heist is indeed great

Have you played Into the Breach and Mario x Rabbids?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
disgaea 4/5 is cool if you like it when numbers go up

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

deadly_pudding posted:

Got clubhouse games so I could finally learn how to do a Mahjong :v:

How the gently caress do people play this without computer assistance? There's like 40 different classes of hands that are all worth different points

it's easier when you figure out that a lot of them are upgraded/inverted versions of other ones. like tanyao is all simples, chanta is the "opposite" (all melds contain a terminal or honor), junchan is upgraded chanta (all melds contain a terminal), honroutou is an upgrade to that (all tiles are terminals or honors), etc

also most of them are incidental, or are otherwise crazy rare (most limit hands). a majority of winning closed hands are going to be some combination of riichi/tanyao/pinfu/tsumo

my favorite guide went offline, but this is also a decent one (and is part of a good guide in general)

https://mahjong.guide/2018/01/13/mahjong-fundamentals-4-yaku-and-value/

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 7, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Disgaea isn't about numbers going up until the postgame. The main story is just a normal srpg.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wish they would put Half Minute Hero 1 and 2 on Switch

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Can anyone confirm that the Switch version of FF9 has the cheat options like unlimited HP/MP, no random encounters, and battle speed options?

Also, does the FF8 Remaster have these options as well?

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

El Diablo Bob O posted:

I don't believe so, but there is a game that has a title that "looks" like SM's Pirates and I get angry every time I see it.

I'll take a bad port of the cellphone version, even.

Same here. I kept my PSP around for years just to be able to play it everywhere; I even emailed 2K begging them to put the digital version they had on the European PSN on the US one so that I could play it on my Vita; they actually took the time to write back and say that they had no plans to do so :negative: I tried the iOS version years ago but it’s just not the same on a touchscreen.

Hopefully some indie dev does the needful. The cravings have been particularly strong lately since pretty much every review I read of Sunless Sea had some section discussing how nobody should go into it expecting a SMP substitute.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

The Bloop posted:

Heist is indeed great

Have you played Into the Breach and Mario x Rabbids?

I've been curious about MxR and whether it's good. I feel like I've never hear anyone talk about it.

Breach, of course, is fantastic.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

disgaea 4/5 is cool if you like it when numbers go up

should I start with 4 or 5?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Has anyone played skelattack yet? If so, is it worth picking up? I am looking for a new metroidvania to play

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BisterdDave posted:

Can anyone confirm that the Switch version of FF9 has the cheat options like unlimited HP/MP, no random encounters, and battle speed options?

Also, does the FF8 Remaster have these options as well?

In FF8 those cheat options are GF abilities you can learn

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Folks pointed me to Fell Seal before and it's got a seemingly big DLC coming out in a week or so

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

5. There's no connection between them and every disgaea sequel is mechanically better than the previous one.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Black Griffon posted:

I've been curious about MxR and whether it's good. I feel like I've never hear anyone talk about it.

I feel like people talk about it a lot

But... It's fantastic

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BisterdDave posted:

Yes

But from my experience it hard crashed a lot and gets like 2 fps

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Len posted:

Yes

Just in general, or when using those cheats?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Black Griffon posted:

Breach, of course, is fantastic.

depends on your tastes. 5 is definitely the best mechanically but 4 has my favorite characters in the series and might be hard to go back to once you're used to the various QOL changes in 5

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

QOL is good. So if I'm either gonna buy MxR or D5, which one should I get? Which one is best for really diving into systems and nerding it up?

Or Fell Seal?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

If it helps, I just recently finished it using those cheats on and off at various times. Never had an issue, and barely noticed any frame drops. I was running predominantly in handheld mode. Only times I even noticed frame rate issues was during the movie cutscenes, and during that one festival. Otherwise worked fine.

Spiteski fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 7, 2020

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ImpAtom posted:

I wish they would put Half Minute Hero 1 and 2 on Switch

Same, those games are perfect for the switch.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BisterdDave posted:

Just in general

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Spiteski posted:

If it helps, I just recently finished it using those cheats on and off at various times. Never had an issue, and barely noticed any frame drops. I was running predominantly in handheld mode. Only times I even noticed frame rate issues was during the movie cutscenes, and during that one festival. Otherwise worked fine.

Good to hear, now just gotta wait for the next sale...

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

Yes

not 2 fps, 15 fps

because it's hardcoded :pseudo: :negative:

BisterdDave posted:

in general, unfortunately

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Black Griffon posted:

What did you just say? Am I hearing this guy correctly?

(It's good, OP.)

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I didn’t notice frame rate stuff in FF9 but I’ve had numerous hard crashes. Hasn’t been a big deal with the auto save.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
help it turns out i'm extremely bad at mahjong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

MxR is fantastic, and so is the donkey Kong dlc.