Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018

codo27 posted:

Ok people are still beating me to the ground. What's the fastest way to dive?

I turned off the auto deploy of the parachute in my settings and can hit the ground pretty close before deploying. I’m in the same boat though. People still seem to be hitting ground way before me, but it helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

priznat posted:

I was wondering this, does hardcore favour console players with the aim assist because they only usually need to get one shot in?

I’m a pc player with mouse (fpses with a controller are just weird to me, I’m old) and wonder about that after getting oneshotted out of nowhere a lot in hc.

I'd say the opposite and it heavily favors PC since you only have to get 1 bullet on target most of the time and it's just easier to flick with a mouse.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah, the consensus seems to be that short fights favor keyboard and mouse and long fights favor controller.

That consensus was just made up by me.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i will never get why anyone would play a marksman or sniper rifle in HC

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Ranking it up pretty much :haw:

That confetti sks would be ridiculous on most HC maps, it ADSes so fast.

Also flick shots with the mouse makes sense for HC being better for PC I think I am just bad :sigh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i guess but you already get ohks in core with them while other guns in HC do the same with better rate of fire and ads speeds

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

codo27 posted:

Hit your burners pilot

quote:

I was outshooting people using carbines with a mp5 in HC the other day, I felt really good about it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Levelling the EBR and SKS in HC are totally fine, good even - you get a lot of satisfaction from clicking to intentionally kill, instead of the sometimes random bullet spray from other guns

But yeah anything that's balanced to be a OHK in core like the Carbine, Kar98k and Snipers all blow chunks in HC, except the dragunov which blows chunks everywhere.

My shield mission is going better than before, I'm on HC and I think the SBMM has dropped me to a level where I can eke out the triple kills. I even got 6 shield kills in a row earlier and am currently at 7/25. Also I think the tracking is hosed (quelle surprise) in my favour, sometimes counting a kill right before a death in with the next couple of kills on my next life.

And by spending half a match chasing shield kills then the other half the match running around with the Renetti or my stupid purple laser guns I'm able to get out a lot of the frustration from trying to boop people.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Been playing dropzone, just found out you can roadkill a juggernaut with a wheelson. :black101:

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I'm new to Warzone and CoD in general: are blueprints ever preferable once you have a gun fully leveled up (i.e. do they offer anything you can't customize yourself), or are their primary benefit being able to use a 5 attachment (in the case of legendary) loadout for a weapon that you haven't leveled up yet?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Splinter posted:

I'm new to Warzone and CoD in general: are blueprints ever preferable once you have a gun fully leveled up (i.e. do they offer anything you can't customize yourself), or are their primary benefit being able to use a 5 attachment (in the case of legendary) loadout for a weapon that you haven't leveled up yet?

Yah I think so, and they also have unique skins (and possibly tracers too) but that’s about it.

You can swap attachments on them too which is neat.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah its nice if you haven't gotten around to level a gun up and get a good blueprint to use until your better attachments get unlocked.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

codo27 posted:

I hold forward, pull my chute pretty early, then cut it right away. It seems like you go flying forward way faster after you pull your gun than when you're just diving at an angle. To get straight down, just holding forward, prob. Either way, cut your chute when it first auto opens and open it at a more appropriate time, it does it for you way too early.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

priznat posted:

I was wondering this, does hardcore favour console players with the aim assist because they only usually need to get one shot in?

I’m a pc player with mouse (fpses with a controller are just weird to me, I’m old) and wonder about that after getting oneshotted out of nowhere a lot in hc.

I can only speak for myself, but I am a PC player and I feel like I have the advantage in HC because in core, it feels like I lose a lot of gun fights, even when I get the first shot off, because on a controller the minor hand flinches don't throw off aim like they do on a sensitive mouse.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Blueprints, once you actually level the guns, are just nice foundations for gun barbie crafting. If you want the weird taped MP5 as a base, you start off with that and then build whatever you want. Blueprints also provide cosmetic changes for all other guns of that type you build.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's a huge bummer skins don't get applied to all the attachments you put on the gun. Why is it not like, an overlay

Also why does the PILA, a weapon you can't put attachments on, have a big ugly green section on the bottom that won't change colors with the rest of the launcher

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Macaluso posted:

It's a huge bummer skins don't get applied to all the attachments you put on the gun. Why is it not like, an overlay

Also why does the PILA, a weapon you can't put attachments on, have a big ugly green section on the bottom that won't change colors with the rest of the launcher

I mean, that would require them to model every attachment in the style of the blueprint, including stuff that changes the whole look, like slides or shotgun pumps and so on, which I get they don't do considering the amount of blueprints out there now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yesterday I played some Warzone and we had some people in a bunker and I threw some C4 down there to kill them and started hammering the use button but I was standing next to a buy station so it just kept bringing up the buy menu and they shot me while I was trying to kill them. That's what happened.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Is it possible to set off enemy explosives with a flashbang/stun grenade?

Somehow I got a double kill with a flashbang the other day and I have no idea how I did it. I have gotten single kills with direct hits with them, but I've never seen a double.

The only thing I can think of is that I set off a C4, proxy or claymore with it and got the double kill.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Black Griffon posted:

I mean, that would require them to model every attachment in the style of the blueprint, including stuff that changes the whole look, like slides or shotgun pumps and so on, which I get they don't do considering the amount of blueprints out there now.

They should do that. For me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Yesterday I played some Warzone and we had some people in a bunker and I threw some C4 down there to kill them and started hammering the use button but I was standing next to a buy station so it just kept bringing up the buy menu and they shot me while I was trying to kill them. That's what happened.

I always get a weapon swap due to that same kind of thing. “Oh word instead detonating your c4 here’s a clapped out FAL with 2 rounds remaining for you getting rushed by a squad”

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

CombatBonta-kun posted:

Is it possible to set off enemy explosives with a flashbang/stun grenade?

Somehow I got a double kill with a flashbang the other day and I have no idea how I did it. I have gotten single kills with direct hits with them, but I've never seen a double.

The only thing I can think of is that I set off a C4, proxy or claymore with it and got the double kill.

Yeah, I just tested it in local multi. You have to hit the c4 directly, but it still shows up as a c4 kill however. Guess you managed to just get 2 dudes with super low health in the damage radius of the grenade.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If you someone shoots you then you kamikazee them with a RPG or something, it shows as them killing you with whatever gun they had not a suicide. So the killfeed isn’t an exact science.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I festooned my M4 with the rose stickers for the DSA. They gave away these away last season or something. It's not a red rose but it's what I got.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Every single patch makes warzone less stable, how is that possible. Haven't played in weeks, came back to a slide show in the final circle with gas closing in. Got third with my whole team down anyway though

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

Every single patch makes warzone less stable, how is that possible. Haven't played in weeks, came back to a slide show in the final circle with gas closing in. Got third with my whole team down anyway though

Did you try shooting them that may have helped

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Also try shooting the gas. It's what I do when I inevitably don't pay attention and die stupid.

Actual in-game footage.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

i think they actually partially do this - i think i remember the warzone bamboo shoot having a styled thermal scope, despite the bamboo shoot blueprint not having a thermal.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Huge thanks to the team of shirtless Yegors I just faced on HC shipment levelling my shield, who were all evidently trying to farm launcher kills meaning I had lots of time to run and boop them, adding 9 3 kill sprees to my total

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

skooma512 posted:

Also try shooting the gas. It's what I do when I inevitably don't pay attention and die stupid.

Actual in-game footage.

Lmao

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I did, every time I shoot it stutters so I hold the trigger down and hope I make it

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao

I did, every time I shoot it stutters so I hold the trigger down and hope I make it

Yeah it’s horrible, the thing about warzone it’s that it’s incredibly brutal every rat loving you put on another team to win is a rat loving you get every time you lose. It’s not like multiplayer where you have a chance it’s hosed lol. I love it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Yeah at least in MP if you get bumped up you can just start using a good gun if you want

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just wonder what the other team's doing because on my screen I pull the trigger, drop to one frame per second, then either I team wiped them or I got owned

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I just wonder what the other team's doing because on my screen I pull the trigger, drop to one frame per second, then either I team wiped them or I got owned

It’s like a fugue state!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Any tips for the JOKR? Golded the other three launchers easily enough but yikes, this thing is rough.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VaultAggie posted:

Any tips for the JOKR? Golded the other three launchers easily enough but yikes, this thing is rough.

Ground War.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Do we know when season 4 is dropping? I want to get my hands on the Galil.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

Butterfly Valley posted:

It's laughably easy on Shipment, especially on domination for attacker/defender kills. You need to be in one of the corners of the map shooting either up or down, so forklift into barrels at A or vice versa, or forklift into bins at C or vice versa. Expose yourself just enough to get a lock on aiming at the opposite wall, fire, forget.

I was getting very regular quad kills like this, and firing two without dying was often an easy springboard into the higher killstreaks, especially on HC.

Butterfly Valley posted:

No. The answer to this and most gun camo questions is always shipment, and shoothouse is great for launchers too. Ground war used to be decent when you could spawn camp and get infinite reloads to shoot down killstreaks but you can't do that anymore. Smaller maps are much more productive for the time investment, and the domination/hardpoint modes on those small maps make the attacker/defender camos easy.

Personal Radars and counter UAVs are gonna provide the bulk of your necessary killstreak kills, they count for all of the camos including 'destroy ground based killstreaks' which is great because that would have been poo poo to level if it only counted Wheelsons and Sentry guns, which I think is how it used to be at launch. UAVs are easily hit with the guided launchers but don't waste your RPG or Strela on missing them. You can also take down VTOLs with the unguided launchers (Strela, RPG) but it's not worth it with the guided ones because it takes three rockets to do it. Run a FMJ equipped LMG with an unguided launcher secondary and whenever you see a VTOL coming in switch to that class, use your LMG to weaken the VTOL until its smoking then finish it off with a rocket.

Each launcher has its quirks:

JOKR is a mixed bag. You can fire and forget on killstreaks, but if anyone else is running a PILA they'll hit the target while you're still locking on. If you don't lock onto a UAV within the first 10 seconds of it being up, it will have hosed off before your rocket catches up to it. Player kills can be more difficult except on shipment domination, in which case it's a cakewalk. You can fire from A and C flag up and down the lanes for defender kills and fire into them from the opposite sides for attacker kills.

Hardcore mode can make these challenges go by quicker, I regularly got quad kills with the JOKR when I was levelling it on shipment HC. If you're going for Damascus run a variety of builds with whatever primaries you're leveling across different classes so you can switch up when you get bored or frustrated, but keep the same launcher across all of the secondaries and be ready to switch to it at a moment's notice whenever you hear a killstreak go up. Once it's gold, change it out. Just like I said make sure you have one build with the FMJ LMG and rpg/strela secondary, until they're golded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Dramicus posted:

Do we know when season 4 is dropping? I want to get my hands on the Galil.

they are deleting the cops from the game and it's taking a while