Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Speaking of AVs, I'm not sure if my last request got lost in the Completely and Morally Correct posts about not voting for Joe, but yeah, could a mod Re-Joe me so I can keep doing my part to raise money for Lowtax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bust Rodd posted:

Joseph Robinette Biden (a guy I won’t vote for!)

b... but... but the cheeto!!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

the_steve posted:

Speaking of AVs, I'm not sure if my last request got lost in the Completely and Morally Correct posts about not voting for Joe, but yeah, could a mod Re-Joe me so I can keep doing my part to raise money for Lowtax?

There is a backlog.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I will not vote for Joe Biden today.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I won't vote for Biden or Bernie today, tomorrow, this week, next week, next month, or November (this year or any following year)

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1270386343152140289?s=19

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I was thinking today about the george floyd and wondering, why now are we seeing dems push "reform" legislation and taking a stand, albeit very superficially. it's especially curious as we had a similar killing with eric garner years ago. I decided to look at pelosi's statments then and now to gain insight:

pelosi on george floyd posted:

"The martyrdom of George Floyd has evoked such a response of peaceful demonstrators calling for the change that they know our country needs as we go forward," Pelosi said Monday. "It's a prayerful moment. It's a transformative moment. We have a responsibility to take advantage of it."

"George Floyd's a martyr and the beauty of his family and how they have the dignity and inspirational way that they have led us through this mourning period," Pelosi said. "Let us hope that after tomorrow he will rest in peace and his passing will be a passage of peace for the country."

ok, she calls him a martyr, which indicates she feels he was killed by an unjust force

pelosi on eric garner posted:

“Tonight, in communities across the country, Americans are grieving the tragic deaths of unarmed citizens. Neither Eric Garner, nor Tamir Rice, nor Michael Brown deserved to be killed, and as we search for healing and progress for their families, it is my hope that the demonstrations in their name will remain peaceful and that their voices will be heard.

“I support President Obama’s recent call for measures to increase trust between law enforcement and their communities — including new limits on the use of military style equipment and new funds for body cameras for police officers.

"All lives matter. We must work to ensure that law enforcement has the resources, training, and commitment to community needed to uphold our laws and keep our families safe. Any one of these deaths would be a tragedy, but three such incidents appear to be a clear pattern, and that’s why the efforts by Attorney General Holder and the Department of Justice are so critical to ensure that injustice in any American community is transformed into the equality under the law that all Americans deserve.”

wow. her language here is waaaay more neutral. tragic deaths. they were killed, not murdered (and kill doesn't have quite the connotation of marytred). what's especially interesting is she's praising the exact same policies back then as in her new reform bill. I wonder why obama's policies didn't actually stop the murder of black americans, but this new bill that does the same stuff will.

one thing that's interesting is she calls for the DoJ to determine if something bad happened in both the eric garner and michael brown cases. from her language on george floyd, it seems obvious she's made a decision on the justifiability of his murder without the DoJ needing to tell her "no actually it was ok". I would guess it's all about trump in this case. if there were a dem president (like obama), they'd say "oh it's such a tragedy lets get the DoJ involved" and ask everyone to wait for judgement until an investigate (which would after years and years, come back as "the police were fully justified", as we saw in the obama-era killings).

my point with all this is that it seems like pretty cut and dried evidence that the democrats act to block change whenever they're in power, and only advocate for change when they're not totally in power. you could try to claim that pelosi just doesn't trust the DoJ to mete out justice appropriately under trump. but it wasn't able to do that under obama either, and rather than making her own judgement on things, she deferred to an investigation there.

sorry for the DnD post, but I thought it would just be interesting to look back at the democrats' responses to black people getting murdered pre-trump

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

I won't vote for Biden or Bernie today, tomorrow, this week, next week, next month, or November (this year or any following year)

it’s amazing how quaint the bernie campaign seems now

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

poo poo like this is why I'll never trust (Or vote for) liberals like Biden:

https://twitter.com/a_marshall_plan/status/1270383611489837057

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bernie was always a compromise candidate for the left in my eye (he'd be comfortably centrist in several places outside the US) but it still loving sucks to see how quickly he folded and started trying to sell the left up the river to Joe for the vaguest possible hint of a policy figleaf. :sigh:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

augh

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

A statement much sadder if it's true than if it's false.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I will admit, being trans and a social worker I have had moments of “maybe I should vote for the lesser of two evils after all...”

But nah lol gently caress that Green Party here I come.

Some Guy TT posted:

does biden even have anything that can reasonably be called a pro trans policy i think some d and der was fawning over some vague focus grouped bullshit on bidens website but as far as i know hes never actually said that hes going to like change title nine interpretations or gendered prison assignments and im not sure hed even know what these policies were or are if someone asked him about them

they most i ever see as far as trans and disability rights for most politicians is a vague note on their policy page somewhere saying that they support them.

FartingBedpost posted:

Just here to reiterate that I will never consider a vote for Joe Biden, the man who helped set forward a war in which two of my cousins got PTSD from and effected my moms family’s life in such an immensely negative way that my seething hatred for him is larger than my hatred of even George W Bush.

i got married young and fast because my fiance was going to be shipped off to iraq not long after the war started. he was abusive af and if he hadn't been about to be deployed we wouldn't have rushed to marry to get a chance to be together since he was stationed across the country at the time.

basically, joe biden didn't rape and abuse me, but if he have lobbied for a war in Iraq, it likely never would have happened. so yeah not gonna vote for him

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Centrist Committee posted:

it’s amazing how quaint the bernie campaign seems now

It really makes me wonder what's in the barrel they have him bent over.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the_steve posted:

obama told him it sure would be a shame if hillary became aware that bernie had information that would lead to her arrest

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

it makes me wonder if maybe trusting 70something year old establishment politicians is just a bad idea, regardless of whether they had a (d) or an (i) for most of their careers

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
like everyone acts like he was being blackmailed, but maybe he's just a politician

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO they literally sent thousands of innocent people to their deaths in WI, what do you mean “what do they have over Bernie” it’s a multi-billion dollar war machine

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

the_steve posted:

my guess is he’s an old senator whose worldview was largely shaped by events that happened decades before his more radical staffers were born, and that those more radical influences left to fight the cops or whatever

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DOUBLE NOJOE HEAR ME ROAR

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

DOUBLE NOJOE HEAR ME ROAR

the new hotness is the_steve's triple nojoe; you are quaint.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Excelzior posted:

:(

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

the_steve posted:

nice title

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Wasn't too sure about this Joe guy but now that I know he is backed by a Russian agent who is NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT there's no way I can vote for him.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Gobblecoque posted:

NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT

I'm still not voting for Joe. :clint:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Bernie's not an accelerationist, and he was never going to split the party and risk re-running the election of 1912. I dunno, I just can't summon any bile about it, we all know four more years of trump is going to be terrible.

But I'm still not loving voting for joe biden.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Byzantine posted:

Bernie's not an accelerationist

then why is he endorsing Biden lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
it's hard to be mad at bernie. he pushed pretty hard but in the end better things weren't possible

but I see his recent endorsements and the like as a sort of "nothing I tried worked so i may as well throw in the towel and hope that something, anything comes of this".

we all know better (because it won't result in anything). it's just sad.

(still not voting for joe)

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
The funniest thing about 2020 to me is still that liberals on twitter were actually correct when they said Bernie had some problematic views on rape.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Somfin posted:

You can and will, there's just a process and it takes a bit

Pick's rich fash status will never fade, post in the GE thread at your peril

Is Pick buying his posting enemies all those stupid trump 2020 avatars?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A4R8 posted:

Is Pick buying his posting enemies all those stupid trump 2020 avatars?

she claims she isn't, i dunno maybe it is how are u after all

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Brownhat posted:

It's probably both? I don't even engage with How are u. I argued some dumbshit point with Pick and then magically had a trumpatar shortly after.

He had a total melty in my PMs when I made the QCS about issues with giving sexual assault victims trumpatars, and I got the elephant when I loled back at him by PM.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Gobblecoque posted:

The funniest thing about 2020 to me is still that liberals on twitter were actually correct when they said Bernie had some problematic views on rape.

:gonk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
e: i withdraw this post

Raskolnikov38 has issued a correction as of 00:14 on Jun 10, 2020

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Guess you're not strong enough to NoJoe, huh.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Guess you're not strong enough to NoJoe, huh.

He's already NoJoe, they just need to retag him

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Joe Bidens solution will be more cops. No Joe!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Some kind generous soul in the 2020 thread bought me my Janitor av again, can I get tagged up?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Excelzior posted:

I'm so confused :(

I'm phoneposting and I'm in an area with poo poo for service, so nothing is loading for me right now.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

the_steve posted:

I'm so confused :(

I'm phoneposting and I'm in an area with poo poo for service, so nothing is loading for me right now.

don'tw orry it's majestic

Only registered members can see post attachments!