Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah but like at this point dude would be one of maybe two people left. All it would take is a rolecop, watcher, or tracker to see him visit literally any target but a corpse

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

LordNad posted:

He won his first game as scum. Barring a tracker/watcher, it's a very safe role for a newbie scum.

Well his team in that game was an unstoppable juggernaut of skill

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah but like at this point dude would be one of maybe two people left. All it would take is a rolecop, watcher, or tracker to see him visit literally any target but a corpse

They robbed the tracker.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Humalong posted:

3 scum dead in 3 days suggests this is not a parallel

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:smug:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Squiggly posted:

3 scum dead in 3 days suggests this is not a parallel
4 for 4 if we can just dunk jedi already!

Also I'm pretty sure I legitimately got confused and thought this was D3 for a while, how is quarantine brain making me lose fake days now

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I thought you were the other scum on his team...

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That's... not autocorrect. I'm not on a phone right now.

Something is going very wrong with my mind :(

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I mean we technically can dunk whenever because we can talk tonight

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Issue I have with Magius is not burying merk. Merk got those robots, so if there is another grave robber, they could have dug up the robots last night. Which leads to the other use of the grave robber, that if someone has robots, they have to dig up brains. But I don't really believe that there are multiple graverobbers.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah I’m bored ##vote jed

I don’t like this but let’s move on

Voodoo don’t jail Boogie, I can protect him

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

4 for 4 if we can just dunk jedi already!

Also I'm pretty sure I legitimately got confused and thought this was D3 for a while, how is quarantine brain making me lose fake days now

I still want to dunk Jed today and can see the reasoning behind letting Sal live one more night, but no one was casing an alternative so I went digging.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

I know no one's changing their mind at this point but if we can all agree to let hum make some sassy comment and probably hammer that'd be great

Gimme dat bingo

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Squiggly posted:

Gimme dat bingo

:vince:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

LordNad posted:

I still want to dunk Jed today and can see the reasoning behind letting Sal live one more night, but no one was casing an alternative so I went digging.
Yeah I know, I wasn't trying to shade anyone with that.

Also nice call squigs

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I am happy I have lead the charge on all of these anti-town players

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Jed don’t ever claim SK or any 3p SA mafia players hate 3p roles

I’m pretty sure it’s because of Steak

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

We need a nice non-game topic for twilight

PA opened up a lot of businesses on June 5th and I've been wanting some stuff from IKEA to do some quarantine organizing so I put in an order on that day, and it's not like they're open for in-person shopping and I wouldn't fuckin' take that option if they were, so I got Next-Day Pickup.

Yesterday I tried to make a very polite call to their help line about how I still hadn't gotten the email to come pick up my order yet, and I realize they're doubtlessly swamped and trying to open things back up, I just wanted to make sure my order was in the queue and I didn't have to re-order or anything

When I called the help line I got an automated message saying "we're getting way too many calls, sorry" and then it hung up on me, so I guess that's my answer.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Jed don’t ever claim SK or any 3p SA mafia players hate 3p roles

I’m pretty sure it’s because of Steak
"Don't claim SK" is just good advice in general I think

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am happy I have lead the charge on all of these anti-town players

:colbert:

CapnAndy posted:

LordNad posted:

Scummiest people I see right now are

1 Jed
2 Xopods
Good god I forgot Jed was even in this game. Let's case him! Spoilers: it's not good!

Did anyone have "Hum takes credit for catching the SK" on their card?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

We need a nice non-game topic for twilight

PA opened up a lot of businesses on June 5th and I've been wanting some stuff from IKEA to do some quarantine organizing so I put in an order on that day, and it's not like they're open for in-person shopping and I wouldn't fuckin' take that option if they were, so I got Next-Day Pickup.

Yesterday I tried to make a very polite call to their help line about how I still hadn't gotten the email to come pick up my order yet, and I realize they're doubtlessly swamped and trying to open things back up, I just wanted to make sure my order was in the queue and I didn't have to re-order or anything

When I called the help line I got an automated message saying "we're getting way too many calls, sorry" and then it hung up on me, so I guess that's my answer.

You got swerved

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I keep saying that because Sandwolf kept having conniptions about it

He couldn’t accept that it was my insight that lead to Steak dying day 1

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I keep saying that because Sandwolf kept having conniptions about it

He couldn’t accept that it was my insight that lead to Steak dying day 1

:laugh:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
:ghost: gently caress you all!!! :ghost

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
:ghost: gently caress you all!!! :ghost:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

RIP survivor cop, picked the wrong line of work in 2020

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

:ghost: gently caress you all!!! :ghost:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
It was a difficult decision, the group was deliberating what to do..

"I kill people for fun somethimes." Cam a voice from the crowd. "Just tell me who you want me to kill."

Maybe not so difficult. The crowd drew closer to the spekaer

Sal Cried - "You can't kill him! I love him!" But the crowd was undeterred. Swords were drawn and then...

MisterJed - Fantasia Self-Aligned Yandere Lover Necromancer was executed.

MAGIC: Summon Ghoul. You can expend 2 charges to summon a ghoul. You can send the ghoul to kill any target that is not yourself or your Lover, or protect yourself or your Lover. You gain a charge whenever someone dies to the vote. Performing this action to kill someone will empower the Priest with 1 charge. Should your Lover die, you will gain 2 charges per Vote Death and have to use your night kill as long as you have the charges to do so.
You start the game with 1 charge.

SKILL: Masonry with your Lover.

"NOOOOOO!" Sal cried, leaping to save MasterJed. But it was too late. MasterJed was dead. "Without MasterJed I have nothing to live for!"

SalTheBard - Fantasia Town-Aligned Lover Priest has died of a broken heart.

MAGIC: Forced Confessional. You can expend 1 charge to investigate 3 Players to learn if they are any Non-Town aligned within the group. You gain a charge whenever the Necromancer (Your lover) charges you.
You start the game with 0 charges.

SKILL: Masonry with your Lover.

It is now night. Though you all have returned to your homes for safety, you can still hear what others are saying. The thread will remain open overnight until results are being disseminated. You have 24ish hours (6pm EDT friday) to submit night actions.

Because the day ended with more than 12 hours from deadline, no lurkers (if there were any) will be modkilled.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Squiggly (1): Sub Rosa
xopods (1): cheese sandwich
CapitalistPig (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Maigius, Maigius
Sub Rosa (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Scientastic (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
cheese sandwich (0): Voodoofly, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Voodoofly

Not Voting (13): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, CapnAndy, dmboogie, LordNad, Maigius, Mr. Humalong, Sandwolf, Scientastic, Spoonsy, Squiggly, Voodoofly, xopods

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Days will be 48 hours, nights are 24 hours.

Deadlines seem broken, it's on Wed at 6pm EST.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Original Claim post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922476&userid=202547&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post505498979

b-minus1
D2:

b-minus1 posted:

Mine did not fail

CapitalistPig :
D1:

CapitalistPig posted:

I'll invite you [cheese sandwich] to my masonry.
D2:

CapitalistPig posted:

I tried to put you in my masonry cheese but it failed.

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes , my day 2 cop told me that jed is scum

CapitalistPig posted:

I visited someone last night and it failed.

CapitalistPig posted:

Who wants to be in my masonry
D3:

CapitalistPig posted:

I visited a player in this game last night.

I was successful.

The person I visited was not jose v.
D4:

CapitalistPig posted:

I'll invite you to my masonry tonight.

CapitalistPig posted:

Also I'm lying I'm not a mason recruiter you boneheads.

CapnAndy :
D2:

CapnAndy posted:

PQ himself could tell you at least one reason.

Y’know what, I think this has become pertinent: my action that failed last night was targeting maigius. Like I said, I don’t know why it failed — I could’ve been roleblocked — but it’s still worthwhile to know.
D3:

CapnAndy posted:

Another failure last night. I must conclude that the problem lies in myself and ask whoever's roleblocking me to kindly knock it the gently caress off.

D4:

CapnAndy posted:

I will categorically state on the record that killing scum of any sort will not also kill me

and I'll go even further and claim, totally unprompted, that I don't have multiple win conditions

this might help explain some of the differences!
D4, to LordNad:

CapnAndy posted:

I promise to get right on that if refilling items is something I can do!

cheese sandwich
No claims

dmboogie :
D3:

dmboogie posted:

hi I killed hambeet but it wasn’t on purpose I swear

my role protects people from NKs but will also kill someone else who visits the person I protected, no matter what they’re actually doing

dmboogie posted:

I shield a target from night kills.

If my target is visited by someone other than me that night, one of them will die. (If my targeted is visited by one other, the other person dies. If my target is visited by multiple others, ONE of the other visitors will die.)

dmboogie posted:

i protected sand both nights

LordNad
D2:

LordNad posted:

I just got a little skeeved because "When all threats to the town are eliminated" is not vague. My action also failed so I am wondering if factions play a part.
D3:

LordNad posted:

I'll full claim because I've been robbed. But no I have no clue nor will I be able to tell

I have Past Viewer machines that allow me to see who someone visited the night prior.

Day 1 breadcrumb right here.

N1 I tried to give one away to Capn Andy. I failed. My reasoning was that town would get more info by having one person Choose someone and then explain why, and I would pipe in with who I would have chosen and why.

End of yesterday I said gently caress it and used it on Voodoo (He visited CapnAndy)

Today Voodoo says he visited me last night and the mod says my last Past Viewer is gone. Voodoo you thief. Also Maigius just claim who did a little grave shopping

Maigius:
D2:

Maigius posted:

I am the town Gravekeeper. Every night I can bury someone. If someone has visited the grave, the thread gets the grave is disturbed message that we got at the start of D2. I know who disturbed the grave. Last night it was Merk.
Will review who I think is scummy and report back in a couple of hours.
D3:

Maigius posted:

It was you Sandwolf.

Maigius posted:

I formally buried PQ (N1), Tom Tucker (N2), and Nep-Nep (N3). No one disturbed the graves last night.

MisterJed :
D4:

MisterJed posted:

Good morning. I'm the SK. I summoned a ghoul to kill Jeabus N1 and DGK last night.

But. My WC is to win with town or be the only living player left at the end. It's much easier for me to win as town so that's why I've been trying to kill scum at night.

I'm in a masonry with Sal and our powers complement each other. When I submit a kill, Sal gets a charge and can do investigations. As a result, I'm an odd night SK and he's an even night cop. I get a charge every night and need two to do the NK.

Sal can confirm that my kills power him up, and that once I'm dead he loses his cop abilities. Kill me and you lose a NK that's trying to get scum as well as Sal's cop power.

Mr. Humalong

D2:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have tech and it’s not robots

So again, how do you know merk has robots?

##unvote
D3:

Mr. Humalong posted:

I entombed Nep. It will last until someone else visits her. She was my biggest scum read going into n2 after the weird last minute jump onto Sal. I’m glad I’ve led town to two consecutive scum lunches and hope to bag another today.
N3:

Mr. Humalong posted:

That was my only shot of entomb.
But I hope scum targets me tonight regardless 😈
D4:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Oh also my action failed last night because I targeted boogie

No I won’t tell you what it was

It would have been very good for town though

Mr. Humalong posted:

Y'all going off about me entombing have a hard time reading I guess.

My entomb was a one shot.

Mr. Humalong posted:

It would be in Spoonsy’s best interest not to echo me, btw.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I’m bored ##vote jed

I don’t like this but let’s move on

Voodoo don’t jail Boogie, I can protect him

SalTheBard
D3:

SalTheBard posted:

I have information, I think the best way to give it is to claim. I'm an even night "group" cop. Basically I pick 3 people and if any of those people are not town I will know. To that end I've been keeping a pretty detailed spreadsheet on this game. There are a handful of people that voted for both Spoonsy D1 and Maigius D2. I picked two of those people (DGK2000 and Dmboogie) and then I picked someone who tried to cuddle me (Nep Nep). The intel I got back is that one of those 3 is Not Town (Full disclosure they could be a 3p or something). So I think those 3 are a good place to start and Maigius if the grave robber is one of those 3 it would be good to know.
D4:

SalTheBard posted:

Going to Mafia Edit for Clarity. So in our Masonry we were allowed to post our PM's per moderator so I feel pretty safe that Jed is being straight up with me.

Ok lets clarify a bit here:

D1 - Jed started the game with a charge, and then got a charge when we cuddled Steak
N1 - He expends 2 charges to do his NK which targeted Jeabus and charged me
D2 - Jed then got a charge from the cuddle of Merk
N2 - I do my investigation
D3 - Jed gets a charge from the cuddle of Nep
N3 - Jed expends 2 charges to kill DGK, which charges me

So unless I've been totally snowed by Jed and he's been lying to me this whole game (which I doubt) then he currently has 0 charges and I have 1. In his PM it also specifies that he only gets charged by people who die to a vote. So the mod killed people wouldn't charge him and neither would the normal scum night kill.

Sandwolf
D3:

Sandwolf posted:

Sweet thank you, I didn’t know if what I do technically ~disturbs the grave~ I’m just gonna claim cuz it turns out my power is less useful than I originally hoped

I can collect a player’s “last words.” I didn’t do anything N1 because PQ had nothing useful and LOL I wasn’t gonna get anything from
Steak.

So last night I did TT, but his last words are mostly just like.. simple advice. He tells us to go look at the Spoonsy late lunch push for scum.

Sandwolf posted:

Based on what TT said (“look to the Spoonsy push”) I am guessing Amni collects last words upon death, and before me claiming, people thought it was just a folksy thing for maybe after the game
D4:

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I didn’t get Jose’s words. I thought about it and decided not to. I didn’t think his words would be that useful.

I have a specific number of charges, I prefer to keep the # to myself

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly xopods anyone with a brain would have been able to go back and deduce I’m the mason recruited by beet on N2. So I will claim and our mutual association should and will remain secret.

Scientastic
D3:

Scientastic posted:

Hey Sal, can I ask, is this a TECH ability or a MAGIC one?

Scientastic posted:

OK, I do have a reason for asking, but fair dos.

Scientastic posted:

I'm not going to tell you my reason for asking, so I can respect that you don't want to tell me the nature of the ability.
Spoonsy
D1:

Spoonsy posted:

the post, as confirmed by the mod, is

notvote notsteak (dont want to confuse the bot)

echo sci

Hi, I'm the town hypnotist. I can do that.
D2:

Spoonsy posted:

As a reminder I can do it once a day and it has to be echoing a vote that was already placed at some time. Only reason it worked is that Sci had voted Steak at the start of the day in joke phase (and yes I did deliberately pick someone to take off of me).

Squiggly
D1:

Squiggly posted:

I'm late to the party per usual since I always forget I signed up for a game and never know when it starts

How about some real day 1 content. I am a miller. Huzzah. I don't really see any reason not to full claim because of this, so I am the Night Hag. When certain conditions are met I gain a charge. Every two charges I can let the town talk at night. My condition is that two people who are not myself must vote me

Essentially I'm vanilla town with a downside
D3:

Squiggly posted:

We can talk after flip today again so don't stress boi
D4:

Squiggly posted:

I use magic for people to talk at night

Miller is a skill. More like skill to to not die for it am I right

Sub Rosa: [/b ]No claims

Voodoofly
D3:

Voodoofly posted:

Andy I'm probably done responding to you. If you can't see how I think its scummy that you called Maigius scum all twilight long, and then when I say "wait maybe it is better for you to claim first so you can't be bullshitting on it" you throw up your arms?

Or the fact that I'm jailing you because I think your scummy?

Or that you pulled a huge show with spoonsy and then backed off like it was nothing?

Or that you think the lack of nightkills somehow makes it insane that I'm voting you when you are doing the exact same thing?

Or, you know, you had Nad literally correct you with "I don't know, I think the town win condition is pretty clear to me"

Half the reason I think your scum is the fact that you can't just go "oh yeah I can see that" and move on.
D4:

Voodoofly posted:

It's going to come up so I'll be up front: I jailed Boogie.

It was between him and DGK once night flipped. I was more suspicious of Boogie, but honestly the deciding factor was DGK was supposed to hand out the vest and I figured if he was doing that he couldn't do a kill.

Voodoofly posted:

Also gently caress that I'm not jailing Jed tonight.

My jail also recharges people. I've basically ignored that part because I was just using it as a jail. I don't know if Andy or Boogie can confirm that and I don't want them to confirm that because I'd rather them not explain if their roles use charges.

[b] xopods

D4:

xopods posted:

gently caress it, I also don't want to out them right now, but I have a Mason buddy and a lot of my shooting-from-the-hip type of thoughts have been getting bounced off that person in Mason chat rather than going in thread, so if you're noticing a lack of xopods thinking out loud in between the big reads, that's why.

xopods posted:

Oh wait, but killing Jed kills Sal?

Ahhhh, gently caress, I guess I should fullclaim because it sheds light on these claims and claimed wincons.

I'm basically a rolecop for Magic. My mason buddy says they do the same with Tech, but hasn't produced any useful results yet. They investigated merk though, and got "no Tech" which lines up with merk's flip, so I have no reason to doubt them. We're both out of charges for now and have different ways of recharging.

The magic portion of Jed's role is more or less as he says: He gets a charge every time there's a lunch. Two charges he can send a ghoul to kill someone or protect either himself or "The Priest," who I guess is Sal. If his lover dies, he gets two charges with every lunch and must use them to kill.

That's all I know... I don't explicitly know either of their wincons. But obviously Jed's power only makes sense if the Lovers are one-way, i.e. killing Jed kills Sal but not vice versa. However, it sounds very much like if Sal dies, then Jed goes fully SK.

xopods posted:

I should probably claim my other investigations even though they don't tell us much:

I investigated Dmboogie N1 and his role is as claimed, which is why I've been taking it at face value and encouraging others to do likewise.
I investigated Voodoofly N2 and he has no magic, which doesn't tell us anything except that his jailing is non-magical.

xopods posted:

Unfortunately, we're both out of charges. I started with three and there's a way I can get more but it hasn't been triggered yet.

My buddy recharges more easily but is also out right now. I'll ask if they mind if I say how they recharge.

xopods posted:

My investigations were:

Dmboogie - Divine Protection, functioning as he has claimed
Voodoofly - No magic
Jed - GHOULS!!!

My buddy's investigations were all "No tech." First one was on merk. Not sure it's pro-Town to reveal who else doesn't have Tech, currently discussing that. They seem to think it's not worth it.

Btw, my buddy was also recruited into a separate masonry by Hambeet before Ham died, and Ham's N2 recruit is still alive, so there are at least two other people who can eventually confirm most of this... I don't think it's worth outing either of those people right now, but it should be pretty obvious that I'm not lying about all this because I would for sure be caught out once it's fullclaim o'clock.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Well I didn't need to put the big claim post together today.
At least part of why I'm burying people to see who is extracting things with their bodies post mortum. These could be information(Sandwolf), skills (PQ), items (merk), or even magic charges(full guess on my part).

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

MisterJed posted:

Good morning. I'm the SK.

Yami Fenrir posted:

MisterJed - Fantasia Self-Aligned Yandere Lover Necromancer was executed.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am glad that the silly people didn’t get their way

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

What do we see in the shadows?

Who was bad around Steak on D1?

A Mystery Man posted:

As for Steak's alignment, I don't think I'm capable of determining it based on early-game posting because he's just too weird.

Who could it be? posted:

I'd vote for Steak to avoid a no-lunch despite the fact that he's null for me at this point because he can be such a distraction. Spoonsy seems more lazy than scummy to me and Sci's voting him so I think I'd rather pass on that one.

Can you guess who jumped onto the Steak bandwagon? posted:

Alright, ##vote Mr. Steak because I definitely don't want to lunch Spoonsy after all these lovely-rear end votes have come pouring in.

Bearing in mind that Merk had a grave-robbing power, who was very keen on casting aspersions about Maigius and doubting his honesty?

A riddle wrapped in a mystery posted:

As for Maigius, I'd be happy to vote him too for all the reasons yesterday plus this grave-disturbing stuff.

A mystery inside an enigma posted:

I'm not sure the fact that it says the grave was "disturbed" should lead us to believe that either Maigius is lying or a second person visited PQs body.

A shadowy figure posted:

I just don't want to get in a situation where if Maigius does flip funeral director or whatever it was he claimed, we go on a wild goose chase for whoever "actually" disturbed the grave.

Hiding in plain sight posted:

Either Maigius is lying and is an item-retriever himself, or he's the counter to that role, but both of them visited the same target since there was nowhere else for them to have gone.

I may be running out of mysterious phrases posted:

Yeah, I missed the bit where he said "for sure" the items are missing. That's pretty weird.

It'd be one thing to assume that they were missing because of the disturbed grave flavor or because he infers the existence of the other role and assumes (or got clarification from the mods) that his action comes after the item-getter's or something. But you're right that he shouldn't be so certain of that unless he got the item himself, in which case he's lying.

As the merk bandwagon started to form, this happened:

The creature under the bed posted:

I'm tempted to switch to merk because I can't figure out why he wouldn't explicitly confirm or deny the claim. I mean, if Maigius were lying, presumably merk would say so. But if merk did pick up the item I don't know why he'd refuse to say so... as either alignment really. It seems scummy to withhold that info but I don't see the upside in that case... it's not LESS suspicious to refuse to reveal anything, since collecting items from the dead isn't an inherently scummy power (thematically maybe, but not mechanically).

It's really confusing. Like, maybe he's hoping that Maigius will flip something that makes it apparent Maigius was lying and that we'll leave him alone after that, but then surely someone's going to ask "well if Maigius was lying why didn't you say so?"

LOOK AT THAT POST. Just look at it. It is just terrible.

Then came a bus, starting in the weakest possible way with an easy to back out of vote to test whether the bandwagon was going to gain traction, followed by a couple of drive-bys that again, could easily be backed out of if the crosshairs move away.

Someone posted:

Yeah, I dunno. I'm hopelessly behind on work today and have to think about that and not this but ##vote merk for now at least.

Whodunnit? posted:

I guess I just don't see what's gained by not at least confirming/denying that you visited PQ's body. If we lunch Maigius it should be fairly evident whether or not he's lying... all withholding the info seems to accomplish as far as I can tell is make you look worse either way.

Look behind you! posted:

Have you contributed anything to this game yourself beyond OMGUSing everyone who calls you scum?

Even after this, he continued to try to cast doubt on Maigius. It's almost as if Maigius catching the graverobber was bad for this guy's team!

The mysterious stranger posted:

If your role is to see who successfully obtains items, why did you initially claim that it was to prevent Scum from getting the items?

And even while the town reached a consensus that merk was scum, look what was posted:

Mr. X posted:

I'm already voting merk, but "has a robot" isn't a great reason to lunch someone. If anything, it's a point in his favor. Once a power's known, the person kinda has to use it in a way that benefits - or at least appears to benefit - Town, even if they're not Town.

I think merk's scummy enough - and, if he is Town, playing poorly enough - that he's a good lunch regardless, but usually once a power's out in the open, it should make you less inclined to kill that person, assuming the power has potential Town benefit.

Again, this is giving wiggle room to get out of the vote if there was a last minute push to someone else. This sort of equivocation is scummy, and reading this in the context of merk's subsequent flip, it is really clear that this chap is trying to leave himself enough room to get out of his vote.

Let's see what happened when our shadowy figure talked about our third flipped scum, DGK:

Perhaps Mr. X was too obvious? posted:

What really stands out to me about DGK - and maybe it just looks so remarkable in contrast to Nep - is that almost all his reads and direct interactions involve people who haven't flipped yet. He's also been comparatively scattered.

I don't know if he's likely to be scum.
Defense of merk looks bad and does start to form a pattern with picking Spoonsy over Steak... however, it wasn't combined with a push for anyone else. It seems more like it was motivated by suspicion of Sci than anything else. Stating a Town read on a scum buddy without actually trying to avoid their lunch doesn't seem like a smart play... just attracts negative attention once they flip, with no apparent upside.
I think I'm leaning lazy Town on DGK.
Some chance of being Scum due to defense of merk and choosing Spoonsy over Steak. Also some chance of 3P just due to seeming lack of desire to influence the game much, though this is also consistent with a lazy Townie who doesn't have any strong reads, so IDK.
Probably not voting DGK today. I think the case on him is kinda lazy and superficial.

At the same time, he was posting cases against other people who we now know to be town:

How about Mr. Pods? posted:

Nep-nep
Overall, mixed read, leaning scummy.

I think I've given it away posted:

dmboogie
Won't vote him today, but more suspicious of him than I thought I'd be going into my read.

Maybe no-one will notice posted:

I'd be inclined to vote Nep but I'm gonna do the rest of my promised read-overs before voting anyone.

I'll stick with it posted:

Sal
I think my history with Sal makes it difficult for me to get a proper read here.
I think there are three very scummy things he's done:
The problem is all of this is "scummy" because it is consistent with a player whose primary motivation is helping himself, not helping Town. And that's very much along the lines of why I've gone after Sal incorrectly in previous games.
So I'm tempted to say this is consistent with his Town meta. But I don't have a Scum Sal data point to compare it to.

When he finally got on board with DGK, it was with this supposed scumslip, which he very quickly (literally minutes later) retracted:

Let's get back to the gimmick posted:

##vote DGK

There's no way this is genuine. Skills don't have limited uses, so consumable/distributable vests would obviously be tech.

He who shall not be named posted:

##unvote for now while you explain this.

You say you make vests and distribute them, yes? Do you or do you not have a finite supply of those vests? Do you have to give them away as soon as you make them, or can you hang on to them? Is making and distributing a single act?

To me, a bulletproof vest that gets passed to other players sounds very much like an item mechanic, and items in this game are Tech. That's explicit in the setup.

And then DGK got executed without our mysterious figure's help...

Now, I am going to reveal what you probably already know, because I am going to talk about a roleclaim:

xopods posted:

I'm basically a rolecop for Magic.

scumpods posted:

My power

TECH: I start with 3 EMF Readers. As an action, I can give one away or use it to investigate someone, getting ONLY the "Magic" portion of their role PM.
MAGIC: Gain an EMF Reader. Start with 0 charges. Casts automatically whenever I get a charge. Gains a charge when I'm targeted by Magic.
SKILL: Being a Mason.

You know the only players we've seen who have both magic and tech abilities? The tech ability claimed here is using an EMF reader, the magic skill claimed is magicking up new readers. I don't believe the claim, but I suspect that xopods is claiming both to cover himself in case there are other magic/tech detecting roles.

just to be clear, I think xopods is scum posted:

Player X's claim to me, as I understand it

MAGIC: Investigate someone, getting ONLY the "Tech" portion of their role PM. Start with 1 charge, get one more every time non-Town gets lunched.*
SKILL: Being a Mason

This is unconfirmed masonry, and we have one player who has a magic ability, and another who has claimed both a magic and a tech ability, and the only other players we know have both magic and tech are scum.

Even without this piece of information, Xopods' voting pattern and his attempts to cast doubt on Maigius' claim, his regular equivocation about the alignment of flipped scum, his consistent pushing for other candidates and his flip-flopping all lead me to conclude he is scum. The roleclaim is just the icing on the cake.

Tomorrow, let's execute xopods.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am on a call about the economic forecast in the UK. I have time on my hands.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Okay, first thing I'm going to do is put that claims list in list format because although it's useful to have all the claim-related posts in one place to fact check them, it's also a giant pain in the rear end when you just want to remind yourself of what everyone (supposedly) is. Don't worry, I will also get to some reads later.

Alive People :sun:

b-minus1: Some kind of successful action N1.

Cpig: Numerous fakeclaims, including Mason Recruiter (recanted D4). Claims action failed N1, succeeded N2 (claims he did not target Jose).

CapnAndy: Roleblocked N1 (???), N2 (by Voodoo, probably). Softclaimed item-replenisher D4.

Cheese: No claim.

Dmboogie: Crusador [sic], confirmed by multiple independent night results. Protects a player from kills but also kills one random player visiting them. Killed Hambeet.

LordNad: Claims Past Viewer. Seems to be a silent day action like a Tracker but for the preceding night. Claims it requires the target to say the words "I visited" or words to that effect before it can be used. Claims to have been robbed N1 and can no longer use his power.

Maigius: Claims Gravekeeper. Sees who visits graves. Correctly identified Merk and Sandwolf as grave-visitors.

Mr. Humalong: Claims One-Shot Entomber (Tech). Apparently has some other action that failed N3.

Sandwolf: Claims Last Word Collector. Visited TT on N2 but has otherwise not used the power. Recruited into unconfirmed Masonry by Hambeet, confirmed by Xopods.

Sci: No claim. Curious about whether people use Magic or Tech.

Spoonsy: Hypnotist who moves people's votes back where they were. Seems at least partially confirmed through use.

Squiggly: Claims Night Hag, a Miller who lets us talk at night.

Sub Rosa: No claim.

Voodoofly: Jailer. Targeted LordNad, then Andy, then Dmboogie. Seemingly confirmed by others' claims.

Xopods: Unconfirmed Mason-Magic Cop. Mason portion confirmed by Sandwolf via "mutual association." Buddy is corresponding Tech Cop. Confirmed Dmboogie, Jed. Claims Voodoofly has no Magic.

Dead people :zombie:

Mr. Steak: Fantasia Scum Mana Drainer
PQ: Technopolis Town Roboticist
TT: Technopolis Town Security Consultant
Jeabus: Fantasia Town Thunder Mage
Merk: Technopolis Scum Scavenger
Hambeet: Technopolis Town Historian
Jose: Technopolis Town Nurse
Nep-nep: Technopolis Town Skeptic
DGK: Technopolis Scum Saboteur
Jed: Fantasia 3P Necromancer
Sal: Fantasy Town Priest

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Unfortunately, the claims don't really help us narrow things down very much, I don't think. The only powers that seem clearly (or very likely) Town are Dmboogie's and Sandwolf's, and the latter's is unverifiable unless he claims a role-related result from a dead Townie that is both confirmable and something Sandwolf couldn't have guessed, which is tricky.

I don't have time to read Sci or Sandwolf right now though I think they're the most important people for me to look at carefully. I'm going to do that later today/tonight, cross my heart and hope to die.

Really I should have started working half an hour ago, but I'm going to do a quickie on Cpig cause he's been lurking so there will be very little anyway and it'll be good to scratch one person off the list anyway.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

Okay, first thing I'm going to do is put that claims list in list format because although it's useful to have all the claim-related posts in one place to fact check them, it's also a giant pain in the rear end when you just want to remind yourself of what everyone (supposedly) is. Don't worry, I will also get to some reads later.

Alive People :sun:

CapnAndy: Roleblocked N1 (???), N2 (by Voodoo, probably). Softclaimed item-replenisher D4.

Dmboogie: Crusador [sic], confirmed by multiple independent night results. Protects a player from kills but also kills one random player visiting them. Killed Hambeet.

LordNad: Claims Past Viewer. Seems to be a silent day action like a Tracker but for the preceding night. Claims it requires the target to say the words "I visited" or words to that effect before it can be used. Claims to have been robbed N1 and can no longer use his power.

Voodoofly: Jailer. Targeted LordNad, then Andy, then Dmboogie. Seemingly confirmed by others' claims.

Are you even reading the thread or just relying on everything your scumbro "mason" partner tells you? I'll fix your editorialized post that was done with actual quotes better 7+ hours and like 4 posts ago.

CapnAndy claimed jailed N1 as well. This was the night I can verify. So you have 3 players (Voodoo, Me, Andy) all confirming this.

So Boogie is confirmed by "multiple independent night actions" (you and sandwolf, both scummy people btw) but Voodoo is only "seemingly confirmed" despite Andy (jailed 2x nights), Boogie (jailed last night), and me (D2 past view) supporting his claim.

I claimed on D3 I was robbed N2. N4 is when Jed killed... the cult item robber...

You just gonna ignore Sci's excellent and hilarious case from 2 hours ago hoping it goes away orrr...?

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

xopods posted:

Unfortunately, listing the claims doesn't really help me look less scummy, I don't think. The only powers that seem clearly (just ignore these guys, seriously town look elsewhere) Town are Dmboogie's and My scumbro Sandwolf. The latter's is only mostly confirmed until he claims another result from a dead Townie that is both vague and seemingly helpful, which is tricky but we're cooking up a good result in scumchat.

I don't have time to read the game and my scumbro(s) aren't on scumchat right now though I think they're the most important people for me. I'm going to give reads soon promise!

I'm really busy and not lurking at all, but I'm going to do a quick town read on the guy who is 4/4 at voting scum cause "he's been lurking" (LOL leaving this as is) so I can get back to lurking and it'll be good to seem helpful.

Fixed for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Capitalist Pig

• Fakeclaims Jester, then one-shot lie detector, then N0 cop, then Mason recruiter. All obviously not intended to be taken seriously except maybe Mason recruiter, which he keeps going for days.
  • Votes Spoonsy
  • Aggressively refuses to read the thread or provide any content of his own
  • Says he's willing to vote Steak instead, changes vote 37 minutes later after several more votes come in on Steak. I believe this is the ninth vote on Steak when Spoonsy was at maybe 7 and prior to CPig moving, had been the lunch leader.
  • Switches back and forth several more times (including a self-vote), ultimately landing on Steak
  • Defends self with the "scum would be trying harder not to get lunched" line
  • D2, claims recruiter role is genuine and he was RBed.
  • Votes merk.
  • Calls Jed scum.
  • Gets snarky on D2 with people accusing him of "not playing" after having aggressively said he's not playing D1
  • Claims action failed again
  • Would vote for Sal, but wants to stick with merk
  • D3, claims action succeeded. Says it wasn't on Jose or Nep. (Note to self: include latter bit next time updating claim list)
  • Wants to know if anything happened to Nep
  • Votes DGK
  • "I told you so" after DGK dies at night
  • Continues with Mason Recruiter claim until Xopods claims, whereupon he recants
  • Insists Jed is the right lunch, but doesn't vote.

Analysis

Best thing going for him is that he has voted correctly every time (if we assume he would have eventually voted for Jed yesterday if needed).

Points against him are lurking and treating the Mason recruiter fakeclaim as serious for a while.

However, those are both on-meta. More importantly, they were unnecessary and have no upside for Scum that doesn't involve Town WIFOMing ourselves.

That is, fakeclaiming Mason Recruiter confers no advantage, and is so intrinsically confirmable that fakeclaiming it guarantees that you eventually have to recant. So you're just lying in a way that guarantees you eventually have to admit to lying (possibly at an inopportune moment) and gain no tangible benefit in the short term. People might believe you're not doing the NK, but that doesn't make you not scum in the early game.

Likewise, overtly lurking and refusing to post content is easily avoided as Scum and attracts attention with no upside. I hate that he made that argument himself, but reluctantly have to acknowledge that it's true.

In a vacuum, his behavior could be Scum attempting to coast through the first few days. In a vacuum, voting for non-Town every day could be Scum bussing for Town cred.

But together those two strategies would seem at odds if he were Scum. You can't get a lot of Town cred for voting for your scum buddies while also playing a "too scummy to be scum" gambit and downplaying how much attention you're paying to where you put your vote.

Merk kinda made his own lunch inevitable, as did Jed, but it wouldn't have been that hard for Cpig to stay on Spoonsy or vote Nep-Nep if he were Scum attempting to pose as lazy Town.

Verdict

I reverse my read. I think Cpig's Town.