Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Cat Mattress posted:

Solomon Dave has achieved a level of smug heretofore thought impossible to reach.

And that's not even his final form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Slashrat posted:

I like to think he didn't actually know it beforehand and just mastered WC's style from scratch overnight.

Even better. This is the first time he really looked at that fighting style and just from the way WC's body moved at the opening stance, he managed to find out every single technique she might use. He's like a super-taskmaster.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The manual of hands and feet says that Yisun’s Open Palm is regarded as an unbeatable move, have we seen this super move yet?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Demiurge4 posted:

The manual of hands and feet says that Yisun’s Open Palm is regarded as an unbeatable move, have we seen this super move yet?

It's one punch man's regulae normal punch.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

:five:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

:yeshaha:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

lmao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ohhhh yes

Dead Reckoning posted:

IMO the funniest thing remains that, if Solomon decided to dip out on being Celestial Emperor and pursue his Kung Fu Tao full time like he says he wants to, there would be absolutely nothing anyone could do to stop him. But he's invested so much ego in seeing the Empire he's crafted in his image succeed that he can't let go.

Maybe this is how you make Solomon "bleed". His person is inviolate, but his weakness is his attachment to his empire.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
has anyone mentioned how zoss basically shows how each demiurge is locked into the opposite of royalty? Sol being completely unable to relinquish the illusion of control

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think the real takeaway from this match is "why did we think Solomon David would stop at learning only one super-powerful martial art style?"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

:discourse:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

"Impressive, a Difficult Style. But You are clearly a master" this loving guy i swear

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/thatgalCrow/status/1270679177272930305

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

rannum posted:

"Impressive, a Difficult Style. But You are clearly a master" this loving guy i swear

Yes. Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

rannum posted:

I'd rank it among the 20 most sophisticated styles I mastered this year.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I want White Chain to do the same to Solomon and learn/use Ki Rata mid-match. It'll like explode her body or he'd just turn it around on her again or whatever but surely that'd rustle at least one jimmy

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

shirts and skins posted:

Ohhhh yes

Maybe this is how you make Solomon "bleed". His person is inviolate, but his weakness is his attachment to his empire.

That was my line of thinking which is why I imagine its going to be goggers who fucks him over, the heros can't make him bleed but you could twist his nuts real good if you happened to have the manpower and organizational skills to end an empire overnight like say if you are a big pile of worms. All you'd have to do is go apeshit and plunge it all into chaos while somehow tying him to the spot with like, tournament rules or something. Force him to cut himself.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Now all we have to do is convince Solomon to copy the angel "I'll explode if I keep doing this" technique White Chain used against Allicio

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

I think that it's pretty likely that 82 WC won't be able to land a solid hit, but there's a tried and true angel approved technique:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I predict that White Chain will successfully hit Dave in the beard, severing it.

She loses the tournament because that's not blood, but it pisses him off anyway.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol if she fakes him out with Empty Palms or Krayu Mat and then lands a hit with Leisure Kicks or something.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

My dream outcome is that WC has hidden Eris-Lo Kai's magic mirror in her chest cavity.

When Solomon decides to get real and punches her chest open, his arm goes through the magic mirror and he hits himself in the face.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

team overhead smash posted:

My dream outcome is that WC has hidden Eris-Lo Kai's magic mirror in her chest cavity.

When Solomon decides to get real and punches her chest open, his arm goes through the magic mirror and he hits himself in the face.

Yes! I've been predicting some Eris Lo-Kai-style shenanigans for a while now!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Oh god, I want this so much now :allears:

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Demiurge4 posted:

Oh god, I want this so much now :allears:

"Technically I drew my own blood!" Solomon continues to insist as he slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

lol if she fakes him out with Empty Palms or Krayu Mat and then lands a hit with Leisure Kicks or something.

WC gains the celestial empire with a surprise kick to the nads.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Motherfucker posted:

That was my line of thinking which is why I imagine its going to be goggers who fucks him over, the heros can't make him bleed but you could twist his nuts real good if you happened to have the manpower and organizational skills to end an empire overnight like say if you are a big pile of worms. All you'd have to do is go apeshit and plunge it all into chaos while somehow tying him to the spot with like, tournament rules or something. Force him to cut himself.

I think if this is going to end in Worms Everywhere, it's got to start with White Chain managing to do something to Solomon during the fight like actually drawing blood. Something to shake his confidence and distract his perfect smug gaze, for even a second, for Gog-Agog to see an opening and unleash Worms Everywhere.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Beauty

Tweet that sweet sweet obscure meme out into the world

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I shamelessly stole it from the Discord so feel free to post it!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

RBA Starblade posted:

I predict that White Chain will successfully hit Dave in the beard, severing it.

She loses the tournament because that's not blood, but it pisses him off anyway.

Or, it turns out that the reason Solomon grew the beard is because it hides his Achilles heel on his chin.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't get it is White Chain a broken tape recorder?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Grouchio posted:

I don't get it is White Chain a broken tape recorder?

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

has anyone mentioned how zoss basically shows how each demiurge is locked into the opposite of royalty? Sol being completely unable to relinquish the illusion of control
That is a major theme of the comic, yes. Each of the seven has godlike power, but each has been unable to achieve what they actually desire, because they suffer from ego, grasping, or seeing power as its own end. The universe's richest dragon spends all his time counting his money, to the point that he no longer remembers why it was important. Solomon has become nigh-unbeatable in hand to hand combat, and decided that the only criteria for a person worthy to step into his sandals (so that he can move on to what he wants to do) is being able to defeat him. Zoss, the one all the demiurges fear and aspire to, even implies that he was no different: having mastered universal power, he locked himself so thoroughly into its systems (the "wheel") that he could not transcend it. It ended up destroying everything he had built.

This is why I suspect Meti might be the only true Royalty shown in the comic so far. Despite having mastered cutting to the point that it became her whole person, she was able to choose to stop, give up, and walk away.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

This is why I suspect Meti might be the only true Royalty shown in the comic so far. Despite having mastered cutting to the point that it became her whole person, she was able to choose to stop, give up, and walk away.

Well, not entirely. She might have abandoned being a demiurge, but for all that she bemoans living by the sword, she has not given it up.

The seven demiurges loosely represent the seven deadly sins, and Maya is the eighth sin of melancholy; she believes that there is no hope for herself.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Does anyone have the link to the Chronicles of Jagganoth dramatic read?

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

Well, not entirely. She might have abandoned being a demiurge, but for all that she bemoans living by the sword, she has not given it up.

The seven demiurges loosely represent the seven deadly sins, and Maya is the eighth sin of melancholy; she believes that there is no hope for herself.

Meti and Maya are not the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Malpais Legate posted:

Meti and Maya are not the same person.

drat, you're right, I misread.

I'd still argue spending your life lamenting that you ever became a disciple of the sword is not Royal, but she wasn't living it as much, it's true.