Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

(technowolf posted the Bors that was here while I was previewing, which is why the numbers are off)

9 go gently caress yourself, Mike

14 go gently caress yourself, other Mike

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I dont know posted:

I thought the whole argument with the right was you can't count on police anyway, which is why you need a handgun or several. "Only a good guy with a gun." and such.

All right wing talking points exist in a vacuum.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i mean that extra time belongs purely to the rabid fascist who will use every second of it to SCREAM "unfair" and "rigged" which you will wholeheartedly approve of but yeah, i'm sure "taking an extra day or two" is the biggest problem in your head

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Most easily able to be reinterpreted?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

14 go gently caress yourself, other Mike

Writing all those other years in there just highlights that he was too lazy to think of anything that happened in 1980, 1990, 2000, or 2010.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Black Caucus members handed those out, and while it’s still goofy they didn’t shoot and gas protestors to do it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

(technowolf posted the Bors that was here while I was previewing, which is why the numbers are off)

These two things being together is pretty funny.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

This looks like the cover to the worst hip hop album in history.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson and Black Lives Matter protests — Boris Johnson has responded to the Black Lives Matter protests with an article acknowledging the ‘incontrovertible, undeniable feeling of injustice’ motivating the rallies, while condemning those who have flouted social distancing to attend them during a ‘time of national trial’"

Telegraph:

School reopening plans in tatters as only 25% of pupils in England return

Matt:

Pubs call for clarity over plans to reopen English beer gardens

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Coronavirus: Zoos and safari parks set to reopen from 15 June - PM

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Prince Andrew's legal woes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I dont know posted:

I thought the whole argument with the right was you can't count on police anyway, which is why you need a handgun or several. "Only a good guy with a gun." and such.

It's almost as if right wing ideology is wildly inconsistent

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm extremely white but I'm going to assume this is another "this is how I feel" - a black man, written by a white man.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

I'm extremely white but I'm going to assume this is another "this is how I feel" - a black man, written by a white man.

Super white.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

seiferguy posted:

It's so racist he didn't even put it on his own twitter.

This cartoon has triggered the resignation of The Missourian newspapers’ owners after their father, the publisher, ran it against their wishes.

quote:

WASHINGTON, MO (KMOX) - The co-owners of the Missourian newspaper have resigned over an editorial cartoon published in Wednesday's paper by the publisher/editor, William Miller Sr., who is their father.

The cartoon shows a hoodie and mask-wearing black man grabbing a white woman's purse. The woman says "Help, somebody call 9-1-1". The man says "Good luck with that lady, we defunded the police."

Susan Miller Warden and Jeanne Miller Wood issued a statement headlined "We Are Sorry" It reads in part: "On behalf of all of our employees at The Missourian we are sorry and DISGUSTED for the editorial cartoon...This does not represent the views of The Missourian staff."

They later issued a more detailed apology (seen below) which ends with: "Because we do not have the editorial control to assure our readers that this won’t happen again, we have resigned in protest. We cannot continue to work for an editor who fails to see the pain this causes and we believe this issue is too important not to take a stand."

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 11, 2020

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Good to have confirmation that if I publicly call for defunding the police, my local PD will pettily and contrary to their stated mission of "protect[ing] and...serv[ing]" decline to help me. Give me another reason to defund the cops, Mikey.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Ramirez going above and beyond the extremely stupid line here, saying anyone opposed to police brutality should be left to burn to death or bleed out after an accident. gently caress that guy.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

We're going to need a bigger brush.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Robodebt is where those on government benefits got an automated letter asserting they owned money because they were overpaid using an incorrect formula instead of the actual amount. It drove people to suicide, was found illegal by the courts and will cost at least a billion.

Broelman:

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Is Captain Cock in the Avengers?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Unkempt posted:

Is Captain Cock in the Avengers?

West Coast Avengers

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
but they'll still be able to arrest ME right?
so this is michael ramirez POLITICAL CARTOONIST having absolutely no idea that he's LITERALLY creating an out group that the law binds but does not protect.
to be this basically unaware of your job should rightfully result in just repeated slaps to the god drat eyes
this is the equivalent of a nutritionist putting you on a diet of three sticks of butter a day for a bit "just to see how it goes".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

I like that he has put up a "Save the Planet" poster as an example of a crazy, out-there, wild and stupid concept that only idiots would like.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I'll say this. Branco really captures the essence of Bill deBlasio: A big tall dumb idiot

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

what's the word that looks like 000 in "IT'S MY 000 AND I VOTE" on the fridge?

also if I could call 911 and guarantee the cops aren't in the loop I'd be very happy

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

kaschei posted:

what's the word that looks like 000 in "IT'S MY 000 AND I VOTE" on the fridge?
"It's my ABC", the loops are the ABC logo. There's a push from some in the right to sell off the government broadcaster because they perceive it to be dangerously left-wing despite the Liberal party's best efforts to neuter it through stacking appointments and endless budget cuts.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Taerkar posted:

All right wing talking points exist in a vacuum.
Someone told them that no sufficiently powerful system can be both complete and consistent, and the one thing they knew for sure is that they wanted to be sufficiently powerful.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/wrackune/status/1270794173998759936?s=19

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
this is the ABC logo

In much more important political cartooning news from australia:

https://twitter.com/firstdogonmoon/status/1270922879471738881

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

10 I'll take a probation for saying I want to beat Tom Stiglich until candy comes out

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Not having a mask is an absolute requirement for mask-shaming! "Either" does not belong in this sentence! You are not as clever as you think you are!

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

10 I'll take a probation for saying I want to beat Tom Stiglich until candy comes out
What does that cartoon even mean? I need a button to hit that says "easily offended"? Does it activate any kind of response or do I just feel better by hammering the button, thereby engage in a ritual act of self-identification as "easily offended"?

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

That whale kicks rear end :coolfish:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

god, can't believe all these people hate me for the colour of my skin and not because I'm a horrible racist, what would MLK say smdh

die in a fire gorrell

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
white privilege is the ability to feel prejudiced against for things that you actually have done already, aka being judged. a good cartoon.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

The Artificial Kid posted:

What does that cartoon even mean? I need a button to hit that says "easily offended"? Does it activate any kind of response or do I just feel better by hammering the button, thereby engage in a ritual act of self-identification as "easily offended"?
The cartoonist is bemoaning the fact that people care about things, and is demonstrating that he, the cartoonist, has transcended such nonsense, by making their 100th angry cartoon on the subject.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

The Artificial Kid posted:

Something that falls under Nomination: Most Easily Interpreted

Stiglich while making a dull 'that was easy button' reference. posted:

"YOU CAN'T BAN ME FROM YOUR NEWSPAPER, YOUR DAD ALLOWED MY ANTI-BLM CARTOON AND HAS HIGHER AUTHORITY TO RUN IT! IM NOT OWNED, YOU'RE THE OWNED ONE!"

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Come on down to Uncle Sam's Bungled Hands for the ol' enantiomeric exchange-o! We'll swap your hands, we'll rotate your hands, we'll even put em on backwards While U Wait!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Nice of Ramirez to confirm that the police is a protection racket, and therefore illegitimate as a state institution in a rule-of-law nation.

Also insert stuff about how lots of people do not call the police for help because a) they know the police will not help anyway and/or b) they don't trust the police and know that involving them will only make matter worse.