Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's on SteamDB and there's a Denuvo support page for it, so ah, yeah.

Someone mentioned in the SMT thread that it's had a Steam listing for about a year.

Still probably going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

daermon posted:

Someone mentioned in the SMT thread that it's had a Steam listing for about a year.

Still probably going to happen.

It has yeah but also the guy who runs the DB had it confirmed via multiple independent sources

Also ZhugeEX corroborated it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I'd rather have it on my Switch with the Metroid Prime Trilogy and All Star Mario 2

But maybe I'll buy P4G again

Edit: and Breath of the Windwaker

Len fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 10, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
gently caress Persona, Sunset Riders is coming out tomorrow

https://twitter.com/game_watch/status/1270627150840737792

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Willo567 posted:

Wrap it up boys nothings gonna top this one in 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Willo567 posted:

Hell yes

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1270670808822755328

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Willo567 posted:

http://burymewithmymoney.com

Culka
May 20, 2007
Nothing
Nice, both La-Mulanas are on sale. Time to finally grab them.

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin

FuzzySlippers posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Neverwinter or Baldur's Gate on the switch? I noticed they were mildly on sale. I played both ages ago and I don't think I'll ever have the patience to play them again sitting at my computer but maybe if they work alright on the couch I will on the switch.

I have the Baldur's Gate EE and the Icewind Dale/Planescape Torment packs. I thought they were all pretty good, though they still have some pretty tough spots in them. Baldur's Gate 1 for example has a part where you get funneled into a fight with a basilisk, which can turn party members to stone and doesn't warn you about it. Fixing petrification is kind of a pain in the rear end. There is also some of the weird janky stuff in the game that goes along with a piece of software that's over 20 years old. There is a story mode that you can turn on when you want that can help you get through those parts though.

The games control pretty well however, with a drive mode for moving characters around, and a tactics mode for fights. It works pretty well for the most part. I bought these a while ago and sank about 100 hours into them and enjoyed the overall experience, but I also have nostalgia for Baldur's Gate II, which is one of the best CRPGs ever.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crass Casualty posted:

Baldur's Gate 1 for example has a part where you get funneled into a fight with a basilisk, which can turn party members to stone and doesn't warn you about it

sounds like it is giving you the authentic D&D experience. Gary Gygax would be proud

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Willo567 posted:

gently caress yes!

:blastu:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Sorry to keep asking questions about Astral Chain, I have to be a little more careful with my gaming dollars these days. If I absolutely love Metal Gear Rising but just think Bayonetta is good, how will I feel about Astral Chain? Gameplay videos look like it has a fair amount in common with Rising but it's hard to tell.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

RichterIX posted:

Sorry to keep asking questions about Astral Chain, I have to be a little more careful with my gaming dollars these days. If I absolutely love Metal Gear Rising but just think Bayonetta is good, how will I feel about Astral Chain? Gameplay videos look like it has a fair amount in common with Rising but it's hard to tell.

It's hard to say, it's really divisive. For example, the combat is still pretty good for the genre (though it certainly wasn't my favorite of theirs), but the battle rankings don't work off combos, they just work on # of unique "actions" you did during the fight. So you can have a terrible fight where you take a ton of damage and still get a great ranking because you used every ability you had, or vice-versa. So that was off-putting to me.

The setting is pretty cool, but under-utilized. The city stuff is generally great, but once combat starts it more often than not sends you to this other dimension that is ugly and not fun to traverse.

There are some people that love it though, so yeah it's just kind of hard to say. I would say the combat is closer to a Bayonetta than Rising though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did Chip Cheezum ever express any interest in Astral Chaim?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

RichterIX posted:

as someone who loved both MGR and Bayonetta I found Astral Chain hugely disappointing because half of each level is specifically dedicated to not-fighting. like MGR and Bayonetta both have down time between combat sequences but Astral Chain is structured in such a way that the first half of every level involves walking around a small area doing sidequests before getting to the actual Platinum gameplay that you like, which just kind of ruins the momentum imo. the combat is still pretty fun though

e: also for what it's worth it lacks the goofy charm of Bayonetta/Wonderful 101 and the insane silliness of MGR and instead is just normal generic anime poo poo but I understand that is not a problem for everyone

romanowski fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 10, 2020

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait they have guns now? This could be a good purchase depending on the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_n5FFPrZuI

This is it

Japan: The Video Game

Can't wait.

Social Animal posted:

Anyone buy anything? Someone please help me out here with my list:

Want to grab that Shantae Pirates Curse game since I've read so much about people liking that series. It's good to start with?

Gettin' Ori! And yea, Pirate's Curse is a fine first Shantae game. They're all sequels to each other in the way Super Mario Bros games are, so any order is fine.

enojy fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 10, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

RichterIX posted:

What made mgr the better game in your opinion? Astral chain is mechanically one of the hardest PG games, pulling from w101s focus on commanding multiple characters at a single time, where as mgr is more about quickly dispatching enemies and bayo is all about looking good while doing elaborate combat.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I wish the eShop had a fucken cart.

Does it have one if you use it on a browser?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

In the spirit of yet another pixelated rogue-like, Nongunz is being remastered and coming to Switch. The draw of the game is finding different skulls you can wear that each represent different guns. There's an emphasis on score and combos, as the points grind for better gear is very real. There's an idle-game theme as well, where unlocking extra bits for your graveyard can help grind points for you automatically. I liked it on Steam but never beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsfcPg4gAQs

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Astral Chain is ultimately less like Revengeance and more like Nier Automata in terms of game structure. The combat is kind of in-between the two, where the game is less about precision but still ranks your encounters. Also the enemies are aren't as simplistic as Nier's.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sure glad Konami are greedy assholes so we get a standalone $9 version of Sunset Riders with no online as opposed to it being included in the SNES Online app for free* with online play.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

man nurse posted:

I wish the eShop had a fucken cart.

Does it have one if you use it on a browser?
Nope, one purchase at a time unfortunately.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

American McGay posted:

Sure glad Konami are greedy assholes so we get a standalone $9 version of Sunset Riders with no online as opposed to it being included in the SNES Online app for free* with online play.

I'm sure it's just to surprise with Turtles in Time later (haha what would the rights situation be to a game like that?)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

American McGay posted:

No company is going to put a game on the SNES online app unless Nintendo pays them a bunch of money for it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sunset Riders is part of Hamsters Arcade Archives re-releases, thats been their business model for literally years.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I bought that kotodama game because it was 99 cents and I thought it would be funny to play a bejeweled with cool anime titty

the first mission you go on you find a girl abusing animals to blow off steam and just let her go without doing anything

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/nintendo_hosts_monstrous_summer_sale_on_switch_almost_1300_games_discounted_north_america

Major sale on eshop store, 1,300 games on sale. Lasts till June 16th

https://www.dekudeals.com/eshop-sales

The deals are incredible, a lot of lowest price ever

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 10, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only anime tiddie game I want on the Switch is Puzzle & Dragons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Romero posted:

I bought that kotodama game because it was 99 cents and I thought it would be funny to play a bejeweled with cool anime titty

the first mission you go on you find a girl abusing animals to blow off steam and just let her go without doing anything

It's one of the worst vns I've ever played

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wamdoodle posted:

Are you talking about Wonder Boy Returns Remix?

Yes, I picked it up since it’s on sale. It looks like a mobile game in presentation unfortunately but I’m still having a lot of fun with it. It gets addicting once you get used to the flow the game design wants out of you.

I want to finish this one before moving on to the action RPG ones in the series. I wish Wonder Boy in Monster World and IV were on Switch as well but I guess I can boot up my Wii U for those.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 10, 2020

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

bushisms.txt posted:

What made mgr the better game in your opinion? Astral chain is mechanically one of the hardest PG games, pulling from w101s focus on commanding multiple characters at a single time, where as mgr is more about quickly dispatching enemies and bayo is all about looking good while doing elaborate combat.

Honestly it's hard to say. I just clicked better with MGR's combat style. When I say I like a game better it's probably directly proportional to how good I am at it so I'm not really taking shots at Bayonetta, it's just not my favorite because I am not good at it. My tier list of character action games is:

DMC 3/4/5
Sekiro
MGR
New God of War
God Hand
Bayonetta
Wonderful 101 (I really want to like this but I've bought it twice and bounced off it super hard twice. I can appreciate it but my brain seems to be missing the necessary parts)

Not sure if Sekiro and God of War count but I'm including them. It's been too long since I've played Ninja Gaiden Black for me to rank it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Astral Chain is definitely a Platinum game through and through. I don't feel like I'll be any good at this until the second run.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How is Disgaea 5? I played a little of the first game in college back a decade and a half ago, and I am interested in the idea of a grindy tactics game to burn up evenings on the couch.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm sure it's just to surprise with Turtles in Time later (haha what would the rights situation be to a game like that?)

Well some studio did remaster it for 360 and PS3 years ago. Sadly it was based on the original arcade version. It has some differences from the SNES one and I really didn't like it much.
But it might happen.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Arcturas posted:

How is Disgaea 5? I played a little of the first game in college back a decade and a half ago, and I am interested in the idea of a grindy tactics game to burn up evenings on the couch.

It's pretty much exactly the same game but with a buttload of added features and systems that have popped up over the years. It's a fine port of the PS4 version.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

D5 is them having iterated and improved upon the D1 formula for like a decade.

There are a dozen different things you could choose to grind if you feel like grinding.

Or you could grind none of them and adjust the "cheats" (options) to your liking and breeze through the not-Laharl storyline using a party full of not-Laharls (and one actual Laharl).

If you enjoyed the first one you'll more-enjoy this one. The characters/story are a little weaker, but the sheer amount of systems they've added / improved are mind-boggling.

Also maybe look into Labyrinth of Refrain if you want the same kind of thing but in dungeon crawl format. Highest marks.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I was never able to separate disgaea from the bullshit with kirtaner and marshall banana.

I will not provide proof so take this as you may but a friend who knows told me that the current rockstar catalog on android (so the ps2/psp gtas, max payne and bully) will be released to no fanfare on eshop some time soon

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

RichterIX posted:

Honestly it's hard to say. I just clicked better with MGR's combat style. When I say I like a game better it's probably directly proportional to how good I am at it so I'm not really taking shots at Bayonetta, it's just not my favorite because I am not good at it. My tier list of character action games is:

DMC 3/4/5
Sekiro
MGR
New God of War
God Hand
Bayonetta
Wonderful 101 (I really want to like this but I've bought it twice and bounced off it super hard twice. I can appreciate it but my brain seems to be missing the necessary parts)

Not sure if Sekiro and God of War count but I'm including them. It's been too long since I've played Ninja Gaiden Black for me to rank it.

I would say based on your taste you can skip astral chain. It's going for the exact opposite of what you're looking for, which seems to be precise inputs leading to immediate action. W101 and astral chain require ”effort”, which is why i have to put them to the side from time to time. You really have to invest to get the best out of them and the ones at the top of your list are more about defeating timing windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I wish the shantae games were less horny.