Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

fit em all up in there posted:

Is Aegis Defenders any good ?

Yup, great art and mechanics for a tower defense game, which I'm usually not a fan of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
NBA playgrounds 2 is a good enough improvement over the original to make it worth buying. (At least on sale.) I had issues with the first but this game has been a lot of fun and has a fantastic roster.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

hatty posted:

Where’d everyone land on AI: The Somnium Files?

Definitely in the top 10 of last year for me. On par with 999 and with better production values/quality of life.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it whips rear end, especially if you liked Zero Escape (though playing ZE is by no means required, it's an entirely separate game from that series)

xedo posted:

Definitely in the top 10 of last year for me. On par with 999 and with better production values/quality of life.

Sounds like its well worth the $30, thanks all

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Where the gently caress are my HD phoenix wright games, Nintendo?
I need those 3DS games and I know they can look pretty because they run on android no problem

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hated all the zero escape games and I really liked AI.

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Those are pixels, not voxels!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I need to apologize to the broforce hype goon.

I've been reading your posts and wondering how someone could get so excited for seemingly another contra retread.

Finally tried the game, and even the game map rubs in how wrong i was. Had to stop and write this after i accidently blew up a bridge, missed my jump across the now chasm and climbed the cliff with knives.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
BROFORCE!! :patriot:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How’s Runner 3?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Love the way the maps looks. A shame about... the rest of that.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thanks to everyone who posted tips today, finally won a game of riichi. Main things I think helped were just taking a second to count out how many of the tiles you'd need for a certian combination are still available, and getting better at figuring out which tiles to hold that will leave you multiple ways to improve. Still don't know much about the various hands but did score a few mangan with seven pairs and a bunch of dora and such.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Where the gently caress are my HD phoenix wright games, Nintendo?
I need those 3DS games and I know they can look pretty because they run on android no problem

Are you talking about Ace Attorney Trilogy for the Nintendo Switch?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hardcore Mecha will be getting a Switch release in October.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Omg macbrover is based on macgruber, so his melee is throat rips.

I love this game

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
with Persona 4 Golden coming to pc next week i can only assume a switch port is just around the corner

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, its not worth it for those. I found them to control like poo poo when I tried it, especially compared to the M2 3DS versions. Wait for M2 to push Ages releases for them on Switch or just stick with 4 and unlock those characters in it.

Cool thanks. Saved me 15 euro!

bushisms.txt posted:

Omg macbrover is based on macgruber, so his melee is throat rips.

I love this game

I need to wean myself Streets of Rage 4 and go back and collect the rest of the bros. I actually didn't quite care for the way the end went down, but the general gameplay is really good.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i am ready to enter the meat dimension

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

hatty posted:

Where’d everyone land on AI: The Somnium Files?

I really liked it! It's far better than zero escape and zero time dilemma.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hold the phones fellas, the Crab Fighting game is coming to switch:-

https://twitter.com/davidbhayter/status/1270562476199800837?s=21

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Lol wow that's horny.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Lol wow that's horny.

The music exactly gets that "horny adventure" sound.

Al-Saqr posted:

Wait they have guns now? This could be a good purchase depending on the price.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm pleased that Snake's voice actor embraces the meme status of the character. IIRC he also read the meme about Snake being dummy thicc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Wonder Boy games are all loving good and I feel like a buffoon for not playing any of them earlier. The remake of the first one on Switch doesn’t have the most appealing art style but it plays really well and feels superior to the Adventure Island games, which I only recently found out were a clone of the first game of this series.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SeANMcBAY posted:

The Wonder Boy games are all loving good and I feel like a buffoon for not playing any of them earlier. The remake of the first one on Switch doesn’t have the most appealing art style but it plays really well and feels superior to the Adventure Island games, which I only recently found out were a clone of the first game of this series.

Are you talking about Wonder Boy Returns Remix?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SeANMcBAY posted:

The remake of the first one on Switch doesn’t have the most appealing art style but it plays really well and feels superior to the Adventure Island games, which I only recently found out were a clone of the first game of this series.

Adventure Island is a weird case because it's..well, it is a licensed port! But Westone had signed the rights to Wonder Boy itself to Sega at that point and Hudson decided to slap Takahashi Meijin in there in his place. Then all the other AI games have no relation to Wonder Boy anyway. It's more of a family tumbleweed than a family tree.

https://twitter.com/oleivarrudi/status/765183561334820868

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Had a smile on the whole time playing Outrun tonight. Brought me back to my humble beginnings as a kid playing Rad Racer the NES ripoff. God drat that soundtrack.

Anyone buy anything? Someone please help me out here with my list:

River City Girls, is this honestly playable/fun after being spoiled by SoR4? I would be playing it with my brother. We just recently went through Mother Russia Bleeds which felt pretty good but Kunio-Kun games have that grinding aspect in the way. I saw Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle but outside of Final Fight and Captain Commando, I have no idea what those other games are.

Want to grab that Shantae Pirates Curse game since I've read so much about people liking that series. It's good to start with? Thought about Wonder/Monster Boy but they looked so... plain.

Last question any input lag or bullshit with the Contra/Castlevania collection?

Actually one last one, I bounced off Dark Souls years back but thinking of trying again. Should I just grab it on PC or is this port worthy of playing? It's like the cheapest I've ever seen it is why I'm curious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Social Animal posted:

Actually one last one, I bounced off Dark Souls years back but thinking of trying again. Should I just grab it on PC or is this port worthy of playing? It's like the cheapest I've ever seen it is why I'm curious.

I'm also mildly curious about River City Girls, but that sort of open-world fighter doesn't grab me as much. Also would like to know about Capcom, does it have online and does it have the invite feature that is so drat handy on SoR4.

As for Dark Souls, I really liked it on the Switch and I found it played really well. I played it pretty much table-top when not docked because I have zero faith in my old joy-con sticks these days. I didn't play online, so I don't know how much of a community there is. I did that because when you're offline you can just put the game to sleep whenever you what, which is glorious. Otherwise you need to properly save and quit and re-load, which I have less patience for.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Anyone have thoughts on Neverwinter or Baldur's Gate on the switch? I noticed they were mildly on sale. I played both ages ago and I don't think I'll ever have the patience to play them again sitting at my computer but maybe if they work alright on the couch I will on the switch.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FuzzySlippers posted:

Anyone have thoughts on Neverwinter or Baldur's Gate on the switch? I noticed they were mildly on sale. I played both ages ago and I don't think I'll ever have the patience to play them again sitting at my computer but maybe if they work alright on the couch I will on the switch.
I've heard good things about the Baldur's Gate port and the way it handles controller input, but I've heard the opposite about NWN

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

istewart posted:

I keep on seeing LEGO DC Super-Villains pop up on sale... is it worth it if I enjoyed the original LEGO Star Wars back in the day?

Almost certainly. I haven't played it but the last two Batman games were good. It's obviously still the same basic kid friendly formula but they've refined it over the years to an amazing degree.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is the Castlevania pack a good deal or did they do something weird to it?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It's very good. I've beaten a few Castlevania games for the first time thanks to the collection.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kart Barfunkel posted:

it's very good, with one exception - the Castlevania NES game uses the 1.0 version which has several literal gamebreaking bugs for some bizarre reason. Thankfully they include the Japanese versions too so you can just play that instead, it's not as if the game has any dialogue anyway :v: Also the JP version of Castlevania 3 which is so much better than the broken US version.

I've always loved the metroidvania-style Castlevania games but hadn't really bothered with the classic ones until this pack, and I'm glad I bought it because the games actually own.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Bloodlines is so loving good

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Bloodlines is so loving good

That was the first Castlevania I ever beat, thank loving god for save states. If it wasn't for that I don't think I'd be able to complete any of these games.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Reality Protester posted:

with Persona 4 Golden coming to pc next week i can only assume a switch port is just around the corner

Where the hell is persona scramble

Where the hell is smt5

Why don’t they port P5 Royal to the switch

Atluuuuus

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Reality Protester posted:

Did that get confirmed? Because I just see the word rumor in every article

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Len posted:

Did that get confirmed? Because I just see the word rumor in every article

It's on SteamDB and there's a Denuvo support page for it, so ah, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kart Barfunkel posted:

The only problem with it is that it is not the Igavania collection.