Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Got to put the good matches on the shows people watch
Bryan/AJ will be in the New Japan Cup????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Aphrodite posted:

Wait is Bryan/AJ just on Smackdown?

Rating number go up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Wait is Bryan/AJ just on Smackdown?

Can't have the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever outdone by a better match.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

Got to put the good matches on the shows people watch

when are they airing those

they've gotta have a few months of backlog by now

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Seams posted:

is this the last thing roderick strong tweeted before he died or are we meant to believe dexter jettster killed strong then took a selfie and posted it on strong's twitter account using strong's phone

He's been kidnapped for 4 days but the tweet was last night.

Yes someone in NXT got kidnapped in a parking lot, contain your surprise. Also DX and Regal arent worried about this kidnapping either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
loving wild that one show could have two sets of car park kidnappers and have them be completely unrelated

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Rarity posted:

loving wild that one show could have two sets of car park kidnappers and have them be completely unrelated

One day the one set of car park kidnappers will manage to kidnap Fantasma and the other set of car park kidnappers will be really mad about it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/KENTAG2S/status/1027572295395696640?s=19

We were warned.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

jesus WEP posted:

Yeah he definitely overshot the landing but it’s still a stupid spot, how many wrestler have permanently hosed their backs landing on the edge of a platform like that? A lot.

Maybe he's a really big Rick Rude mark and wanted to disintegrate his vertebrae in tribute

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Imagine preemptively calling a match the greatest wrestling match ever

Especially when it involves any current wwe wrestler wrestling a wwe style match

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Especially when it involves any current wwe wrestler wrestling a wwe style match

They backpedaled that this Monday with the Christian promo admitting it won't be the greatest wrestling match ever even if Orton and Edge were in their prime. I like how they put the blame for the match being called that on Edge overcompensating because he's insecure about his return when I don't think he ever said that tag line. The PPV tag line has still not changed despite them outright saying it won't be the greatest wrestling match ever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

They backpedaled that this Monday with the Christian promo admitting it won't be the greatest wrestling match ever even if Orton and Edge were in their prime. I like how they put the blame for the match being called that on Edge overcompensating because he's insecure about his return when I don't think he ever said that tag line. The PPV tag line has still not changed despite them outright saying it won't be the greatest wrestling match ever.

Thank you for the context, it's slightly less stupid now but still wildly off base and funny they even tried it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yeah

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Since Vince bought the company, a lot of great workers have come to the WWF/E. Without putting together a list, I'm certain neither Orton nor Edge crack the top 50.

Like, Savage/Steamboat had months of scripting and planning.

Austin and Hart had months of buildup, natural chemistry, and pulled off a near impossible feat with the crowd.

Undertaker/Shawn successfully got over a new gimmick match and debuted a new main eventer.

Cactus/HHH had a great crowd, like a year-plus build, and found multiple ways to elevate the fight to a new level.

Edge and Orton don't... have any of that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Orton's got a large arsenal of rest holds

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Red posted:

Since Vince bought the company, a lot of great workers have come to the WWF/E. Without putting together a list, I'm certain neither Orton nor Edge crack the top 50.

Like, Savage/Steamboat had months of scripting and planning.

Austin and Hart had months of buildup, natural chemistry, and pulled off a near impossible feat with the crowd.

Undertaker/Shawn successfully got over a new gimmick match and debuted a new main eventer.

Cactus/HHH had a great crowd, like a year-plus build, and found multiple ways to elevate the fight to a new level.

Edge and Orton don't... have any of that.

No but they do have chinlocks and nine years of ring rust, so thats almost the same.

And I say this as someone who counts Edge as one of his top 5 all time faves! He's great! The promos since returning have been awesome! This match won't be!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Orton's got a large arsenal of rest holds

You forgot the Garvin Stomp and a dad who's been wearing the same cast since 1985.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Red posted:

When I read this I missed that first bit and thought "Oh I dunno I bet if Orton were like, having the time of his life working with one of the younger guys and weren't constantly worried his shoulders would pop out he would probably be in the mid-30s" but then I realized you meant in the entire time Vince has run the company and not just on the current roster.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

TriffTshngo posted:

When I read this I missed that first bit and thought "Oh I dunno I bet if Orton were like, having the time of his life working with one of the younger guys and weren't constantly worried his shoulders would pop out he would probably be in the mid-30s" but then I realized you meant in the entire time Vince has run the company and not just on the current roster.

There can be two lists!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'd say the Edge/Orton match being pretaped gives it a chance of being better but Dream vs Cole was pretaped....

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Even Edge is openly dumping on it. He's been tweeting stuff like "Just went to the coffee shop and had THE GREATEST ESPRESSO EVER", "Last night I read my daughter THE GREATEST BEDTIME STORY EVER" and such.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Nipponophile posted:

Even Edge is openly dumping on it. He's been tweeting stuff like "Just went to the coffee shop and had THE GREATEST ESPRESSO EVER", "Last night I read my daughter THE GREATEST BEDTIME STORY EVER" and such.

There is one person who wanted the PPV promoted around this match and it's not Edge.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Did Shawn call someone or for all lives matter?

https://twitter.com/KeepItFiveStar/status/1270818012287959040?s=19

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Nipponophile posted:

He read her the Winnie the Pooh where Pooh got stuck in the tree?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blaise330 posted:

He read her the Winnie the Pooh where Pooh got stuck in the tree?

That or the Riddles in the Dark chapter from The Hobbit. :hai:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the current report is that shawn was trying to teach some unnamed other producer how all lives matter is bullshit and explained systemic oppression to them and it got very heated. the rumour is that it was hayes but idk what hed be doing at nxt.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Paper Lion posted:

the rumour is that it was hayes but idk what hed be doing at nxt.

being racist, i assume

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TriffTshngo posted:

being racist, i assume

Well sure but he doesn't need to go to NXT to do that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm surprised and happy to see that Shawn was on the right side of that conversation.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Paper Lion posted:

the current report is that shawn was trying to teach some unnamed other producer how all lives matter is bullshit and explained systemic oppression to them and it got very heated. the rumour is that it was hayes but idk what hed be doing at nxt.

doesn't terry taylor work mostly with nxt? could be him instead

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm surprised and happy to see that Shawn was on the right side of that conversation.

I continually find proof current Shawn and mid 90s Shawn are two very different people.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Well sure but he doesn't need to go to NXT to do that

WWE is running all of it's shows out of the same building, he's got time to make sure NXT has enough racism.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I kinda want them to overcompensate and treat Edge/Orton like their other pretapes by giving it dramatic royalty-free stock music while Kevin Dunn just goes HAM on the camera cuts in post.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ol' Leg Slappin' HBK in that clip.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Lol, I guess Vince found out that “El Hijo” means Jr. in Spanish.

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1270893331954962432?s=21

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

...did he get revealed as kidnapping himself?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

why the gently caress was that beautiful man under a mask

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

flashy_mcflash posted:

why the gently caress was that beautiful man under a mask

I thought it was really weird that he started it without the mask, and then put the mask back on.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Scarlett looks best when they give her that really severe angular highlight in her makeup and pull back the hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rick posted:

I thought it was really weird that he started it without the mask, and then put the mask back on.

On the show? I didn't watch obv but he went back to being masked??