Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

flashy_mcflash posted:

why the gently caress was that beautiful man under a mask

Lucha masks are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

flashy_mcflash posted:

On the show? I didn't watch obv but he went back to being masked??

He debuted unmasked.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Surely he meant to say "the interim Cruiserweight Champion with an opportunity to become Cruiserweight Champion at a future date to be determined"

flashy_mcflash posted:

why the gently caress was that beautiful man under a mask

Because King Cuerno was extremely cool.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Scarlett looks best when they give her that really severe angular highlight in her makeup and pull back the hair.

I mean, I don't think Scarlett ever looks bad.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The opening of this week's UUDD Uno game has me crying laughing

[Cesaro] had AIM?! It's AMERICA Online!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I learned about Cameo today and, no surprise, there're a bunch of pro wrestlers on there.

There are some random folks on there, but I'm surprised by how many legit legends are set at $100 or less. Mick Foley at $70! I mean, you're still spending $70 for like a 30-second clip of someone introducing themselves and saying a couple of things you asked them to say, but still.

edit: I've never gone to a wrestling convention, so maybe I'm off-base on the going rate of this kind of stuff.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 11, 2020

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

surf rock posted:

I learned about Cameo today and, no surprise, there're a bunch of pro wrestlers on there.

There are some random folks on there, but I'm surprised by how many legit legends are set at $100 or less. Mick Foley at $70! I mean, you're still spending $70 for like a 30-second clip of someone introducing themselves and saying a couple of things you asked them to say, but still.

edit: I've never gone to a wrestling convention, so maybe I'm off-base on the going rate of this kind of stuff.

I'm not sure on the conversion rate of video to meetups but i paid $60 for an autograph and selfie from Booker T at a con so it seems comparable?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I mean, I don't think Scarlett ever looks bad.

I saw that clip that got poster here of their NXT debut entrance and I'm going to have to disagree

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

surf rock posted:

I got Christopher Daniels to make a SCU joke about our marriage as a Christmas gift for my wife for like 25 bucks, Cameo is fun

Also whoever paid Big E to do the Steiner Math promo spent money well

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 11, 2020

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Dacap posted:

Lol, I guess Vince found out that “El Hijo” means Jr. in Spanish.

https://twitter.com/wwenxt/status/1270893331954962432?s=21

When he gets to the main roster, is he going to be Escobar with a drug kingpin gimmick or Santos, where they acknowledge Vega's relationship with Aleister and change her gimmick to mujer vampiro?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT Results 6/10:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • The Undisputed Era celebrated Adam Cole beating Velveteen Dream to retain the NXT Title. Roderick Strong was scared that Dexter Lumis would come and get him.
  • Backstage, Keith Lee told Undisputed Era he was going after the NXT Title.
  • Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano defeated Mia Yim and Keith Lee in a mixed-tag match after Candice faked being hurt by Keith Lee.
  • Damian Priest punched Cameron Grimes backstage.
  • A vignette aired celebrating Io Shirai being the new NXT Women's Champion.
  • Indus Sher defeated two jobbers called Mikey Delbrey and Mike Reed in a squash tag match.
  • Cameron Grimes claimed his jaw was broken but got caught chatting up women outside the building, and Regal (via tablet) informed him his match with Finn Balor was still on.
  • Breezango face Imperium for the tag titles next week. A video package about Breezango's career together aired.
  • Rhea Ripley beat up a disheveled Robert Stone when he tried to recruit her backstage.
  • Finn Balor defeated Cameron Grimes in a singles match. Balor called out NXT North American Champion Keith Lee post-match.
  • Dakota Kai defeated Kacy Catanzaro in a singles match. Kayden Carter saved Kacy from a beatdown postmatch by Kai and Raquel Gonzalez.
  • Drake Maverick challenged Interim Cruiserweight Champion El Hijo del Fantasma to a title match.
  • The parking lot ninjas showed up and Fantasma revealed to the shock of nobody that he was the one behind them. All three unmasked, revealing the ninjas were Jaoquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza. Fantasma declared he was El Hijo del Fantasma no longer, and would now be known as Santos Escobar.
  • Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart will challenge the winners of Backlash's Women's Tag Champions triple threat next week.
  • NXT Champion Adam Cole defeated Dexter Lumis in a non-title match after interference by Roderick Strong. Bobby Fish joined in on giving Lumis a stomping.
  • Velveteen Dream ran down to help Lumis, who scared Roderick Strong into running away.
  • Scarlett appeared at the top of the stage as Cole was left alone in the ring. She placed an hour glass down to signify Cole's time as champion was running out, and Karrion Kross was coming for his title.
  • Show Discussion starts here.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
While I like the idea of a powerhouse faction at the top of the card being targeted by multiple different people all at once and having to stave off like 6 different threats, this sounds like it was a messy, poorly thought out clusterfuck. At least when TUE all had belts it made sense when this kind of thing would happen.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Backstage, Keith Lee told Undisputed Era he was going after the NXT Title.

Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano defeated Mia Yim and Keith Lee in a mixed-tag match after Candice faked being hurt by Keith Lee."

WHY CAN'T YOU IDIOTS END A GARGANO FEUD CORRECTLY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

johnothan garganonthan

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 6/10:
  • The parking lot ninjas showed up and Fantasma revealed to the shock of nobody that he was the one behind them. All three unmasked, revealing the ninjas were Jaoquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza. Fantasma declared he was El Hijo del Fantasma no longer, and would now be known as Santos Escobar.

:stare:

https://streamable.com/ejloeu

"I thought they were kidnapped!" OH NOW the commentators care after 3 months.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 11, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I look forward to 2 months from now when the ninjas going after Fantasma are revealed to be Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde and the question of which ninjas captured them is quietly dropped.

Nailed it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

surf rock posted:

I paid Session Moth Martina to cut a promo on J-Ru, but she misread it and cut a promo on Sexxxy Eddy instead. It all worked out alright.

Rarity posted:

Nailed it
Scoops Gal does it again

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Remember how Jaoquin Wilde spent 6 months making his weird gear?

Neodoomium posted:

"Backstage, Keith Lee told Undisputed Era he was going after the NXT Title.

Candice LeRae and Johnny Gargano defeated Mia Yim and Keith Lee in a mixed-tag match after Candice faked being hurt by Keith Lee."

WHY CAN'T YOU IDIOTS END A GARGANO FEUD CORRECTLY

Being fair, this is the Mia Yim - Candice Lerae feud continuing.

Also, why would Finn call out Keith Lee and not want to face Adam Cole?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm gonna assume the 3 of them kept swapping the masks to kidnap each other. Now why were they doing this before the cruiserweight tourney was even announced...... THAT'LL be quietly dropped.

Nipponophile posted:

Surely he meant to say "the interim Cruiserweight Champion with an opportunity to become Cruiserweight Champion at a future date to be determined"

Nope, during the 2nd or 3rd to last week of the tourney they changed it to being for the actual cruiserweight title.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Blaise330 posted:

I'm gonna assume the 3 of them kept swapping the masks to kidnap each other. Now why were they doing this before the cruiserweight tourney was even announced...... THAT'LL be quietly dropped.

Nope, during the 2nd or 3rd to last week of the tourney they changed it to being for the actual cruiserweight title.
Meltzer and Alvarez brought this up a week or two ago and NXT fans were slamming them for it saying THEY DON'T EVEN WATCH THE SHOW

Apparently the NXT fans don't even watch the show because they're right, and the interim part of the title was just quietly dropped. I mean, yeah it might show up again when travel bans are lifted but looking at both the UK and US's numbers the last couple weeks it's going to be months before things are actually SAFE again

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I thought it was commentary botches until the on screen graphic for Santos said he was the new nxt cruiserweight champ.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

flashy_mcflash posted:

On the show? I didn't watch obv but he went back to being masked??

He unmasked at a AAA show in anticipation of being signed to NXT, and then they put a mask back on him for ... reasons

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
You know, I'll be fair, you'd never know if babyface serial killer would work until you try it

https://i.imgur.com/H4HGA9P.gifv

Showtime got 8 seasons and 96 episodes out of their babyface serial killer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Was this ever explicitly stated? Because I don't recall seeing it in any of the NXT recaps from The Observer and I'm just curious if they missed it, or if they wrote it and I missed it or whatever. Or did they just drop the word Interim without ever stating why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Or did they just drop the word Interim without ever stating why?

Ding ding ding we have a winner

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

Was this ever explicitly stated? Because I don't recall seeing it in any of the NXT recaps from The Observer and I'm just curious if they missed it, or if they wrote it and I missed it or whatever. Or did they just drop the word Interim without ever stating why?

I think it was around a week or two after Sami dropped the IC title and both tourneys were running simultaneously they realized having one be an interim tourney and one being a normal tourney was dumb. No announcement tho, announcers just started calling it a cruiserweight title tourney.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If you look at the WWE.com superstars pages, both Fantasma AND Devlin are both listed as Cruiserweight Champion, so given they never officially said it was for the actual title AND Devlin is still listed as champion, I'm gonna go ahead and assume Fantasma is the Interim Champion.

I mean, having an interim champion in the first place is a loving stupid idea, but they can't half-rear end it and try to have it both ways. Either he is the champion or he isn't.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rikZ9_vEqfI

The irony that the most the title gets talked about is when we have no clue who tf the champion is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wazzu posted:

Remember how Jaoquin Wilde spent 6 months making his weird gear?

Being fair, this is the Mia Yim - Candice Lerae feud continuing.

Also, why would Finn call out Keith Lee and not want to face Adam Cole?

Finn said he's held a lot of titles, but not the North American one.

Dakota also said she is going after the women's title, so she might be facing Io soon.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am curious as to whether he came up with Santos Escobar or if someone like....Road Dogg assigned him that name. It is curious.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

If you look at the WWE.com superstars pages, both Fantasma AND Devlin are both listed as Cruiserweight Champion, so given they never officially said it was for the actual title AND Devlin is still listed as champion, I'm gonna go ahead and assume Fantasma is the Interim Champion.

I mean, having an interim champion in the first place is a loving stupid idea, but they can't half-rear end it and try to have it both ways. Either he is the champion or he isn't.
The actual answer might be as dumb as Fantasma is the NXT Cruiserweight Champion and Devlin is the 205 Live Cruiserweight Champion

I have no idea if it was ever re-branded while Devlin was champion, which means WWE doesn't care to just use that excuse too

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As far as I'm concerned the real El Hijo Del Fantasma is missing and that this Santos guy has been impersonating him for the last two months.

Decent show, it felt back to basics overall. Balor vs Keith Lee should be cool.

Jerusalem posted:

They said on commentary today that Devilin wasn't champ anymore. Although of course things like that haven't stopped them before.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rick posted:

They said on commentary today that Devilin wasn't champ anymore. Although of course things like that haven't stopped them before.

Escobar is still listed as Fantasma on WWE.com in addition to being listed with Devlin as both being champ, so I guess they just haven't updated their roster page yet.

This is a multi-billion dollar company and the "World Leader" in Sports Entertainment.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RealFoxy posted:

The actual answer might be as dumb as Fantasma is the NXT Cruiserweight Champion and Devlin is the 205 Live Cruiserweight Champion

I have no idea if it was ever re-branded while Devlin was champion, which means WWE doesn't care to just use that excuse too

It got rebranded while Lio Rush was champion

Neodoomium posted:

I am curious as to whether he came up with Santos Escobar or if someone like....Road Dogg assigned him that name. It is curious.

I kinda wish Santos was his last name. Least on the main roster he'll just be called "Santos"

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jun 11, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This is why it's handy to have the crowd on your payroll

https://streamable.com/yr8u6e

I give it like a 30% chance that the "fall and pray" chant woulda gotten over, or at the very least, full-sail-over. There's waaaay less than 1% chance the "tick... tock... tick... tock" chant would get over.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kross and Scarlett are the biggest theatre dorks and it just kills any menace they're meant to have

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm a fan of Scarlett's zero suit samus gear at least

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rarity posted:

Kross and Scarlett are the biggest theatre dorks and it just kills any menace they're meant to have

It kind of makes them endearing how they just go for it. I feel like if they just lean into that, they could be fun as faces.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Still doing the Robert Stone thing, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Dexter Lumis loving sucks and having the make believe serial killer team up with the real world pedophile is gross af