Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

I don't think there's many places as friendly about weed in the world as the PNW.

It's the closest thing in the US to the nicer first world countries that American liberals would want to move to.

It's got it's own issues but I feel like it's the least hosed up part of the country.

Well..... There’s the whole white supremacist state founding thing lingering in the wings in Oregon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
My old unit is one of those Stryker brigades and honestly I don't think the modern US Army has a stomach for putting down any kind of civilian disturbance within the US.

Even just thinking about careers these commanders would have a lot to lose and nothing to gain.

I don't think Trump has the clout to get the active duty military to actively put down protests.

Especially when they're supported by the vast majority of the country.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Well..... There’s the whole white supremacist state founding thing lingering in the wings in Oregon.

That's true, we have them out here in eastern WA as well. You're going to find chuds anywhere you go, it's just a matter of how many.

Lovvtax
Jun 5, 2020

by Reene
WHY DO I KEEP GETTING COMPLAINTS ABOUT A BUNCH OF FASCIST BABYKILLERS IN HERE?!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lovvtax posted:

WHY DO I KEEP GETTING COMPLAINTS ABOUT A BUNCH OF FASCIST BABYKILLERS IN HERE?!

Is that you NSA WIZARD?

Lovvtax
Jun 5, 2020

by Reene

Midjack posted:

Is that you NSA WIZARD?

He came to my house with the rest of the alphabet soup.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
And the award for bad gimmick goes to

Lovvtax
Jun 5, 2020

by Reene
Mod edit: Goatse

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 11, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lovvtax posted:

He came to my house with the rest of the alphabet soup.

Not having the red star by your name kind of ruins the bit.

Edit: hello old friend.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

Everything's probably fine. Seattle PD *finally* figured out that all they had to do was loving deescalate and it would turn completely peaceful. They did, it did, now it's just weirdo Seattle poo poo going on. Donnie's just mad because Fox News is covering it. And I say all that knowing that per that NYT article, they had a shitload of ammunition in the DC Armory ready to go.

As a DC resident, I can say that last Monday was the scariest night I’ve experienced here in the 10 years I’ve been here. Nothing happened in my neighborhood, but I was close enough to areas where things were popping off that the constant drone of low-flying military helicopters was starting to freak my dog out.

This, in conjunction with the FBI HRT orbiting over the city with their legs hanging out of a Blackhawk like they were a Delta QRF in Mogadishu, the appearance of federal LEOs with no nametapes or identifying patches in downtown, and the knowledge that other NG units were appearing in DC gave the impression that the regime was gearing up to make something real bad happen. The NYT article reports that DC NG soldiers knew people in the crowd, and I don’t think that they would have obeyed an order to fire on their neighbors, so to speak. That said, would the TN or UT guard units behave the same? What if one unit refused to fire, or opened fire on another unit in order to protect civilians? Had any of those things come to pass, the US would have looked like Syria in May 2011- the country wasn’t in full collapse at that point, but everyone knew that a tipping point moment had occurred.

I really hope we never hit that point because I’m not sure anyone is going to like what they see.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey buddy

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Like a nice, comfy blanket

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hello, old friend.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Soldiers haven't been indoctrinated into a system that views it's own citizens as potential enemies.

Having literally just left the active duty in one of those BCTs I have a hard time seeing my former comrades rolling up I-5 in their strykers ready to put down protests.

Hell that autonomous zone is literally where a good chunk of those BCTs junior officers spend their weekends when the bars and clubs are open.

Protesters don't seem interested in messing with soldiers anyway.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Mustang posted:

Soldiers haven't been indoctrinated into a system that views it's own citizens as potential enemies.

Having literally just left the active duty in one of those BCTs I have a hard time seeing my former comrades rolling up I-5 in their strykers ready to put down protests.

Hell that autonomous zone is literally where a good chunk of those BCTs junior officers spend their weekends when the bars and clubs are open.

Protesters don't seem interested in messing with soldiers anyway.

Based on social media half of the military thinks that the radical left ANTIFA terrorists deserve to be put down so I'm not putting anything past them.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

"Fort rear end in a top hat"

https://twitter.com/giantcat9/status/1270835085911228421

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

hope these posts find you well, friend.

https://twitter.com/uheeuhaha/status/1270910984627146757

https://twitter.com/uheeuhaha/status/1270924874106757130

sound on.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mustang posted:

That's true, we have them out here in eastern WA as well. You're going to find chuds anywhere you go, it's just a matter of how many.

I'm no fan, but being white and looking like a crazy hippie doesn't tend to draw the racist attention that literally any other skin tone does. I still don't want to be near their bullshit, but there's something to be said for displacing them.

I suppose I could try to move as close as possible to what passes as an active volcano in the PNW. I definitely wouldn't mind going out in a blast wave like that. And I'd be more likely to find people susceptible to my Bigfoot religion, praise be to Squatch.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm no fan, but being white and looking like a crazy hippie doesn't tend to draw the racist attention that literally any other skin tone does. I still don't want to be near their bullshit, but there's something to be said for displacing them.

I suppose I could try to move as close as possible to what passes as an active volcano in the PNW. I definitely wouldn't mind going out in a blast wave like that. And I'd be more likely to find people susceptible to my Bigfoot religion, praise be to Squatch.

Tacoma's alright, I guess

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someday. I probably have a decade of Colorado left in me before I get sick of the dry desert air.

Maybe Yellowstone will go soon and I'll get to die in an ash cloud.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 11, 2020

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I would say the vibe of Western WA is very much not giving poo poo what other people are up to unless you're an rear end in a top hat. There's all sorts of unusual folks out here which is one of the things I like about the place.

I always felt like an outsider growing up in the South but I feel like the people here are "my people" despite many of them being very different from myself.

Fellow Southerners complain that the people here aren't friendly but it's more that they aren't the type to stop you in the middle of the street to tell you their life story.

I find people more genuinely friendly out here, I couldn't stand how overbearing "southern hospitality" was.

Everything out here was just a huge upgrade from life in the South.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://twitter.com/BeQueerDoCrime/status/1270927803010162688

Also if youre taking down a statue make sure to not be standing under it.

apparently someone is in grave danger and got their skull split open.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 11, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Based on social media half of the military thinks that the radical left ANTIFA terrorists deserve to be put down so I'm not putting anything past them.

Yeah this is what I worry about. It's pretty unlikely that a soldier would pull the trigger on his fellow Americans. But a bunch of dirty hippies who they've been told all hate America and want to destroy everything they hold dear? I don't know.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I just realized they're doing this poo poo in Tulsa on JUNETEENTH.

That's a huge gently caress you.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1270840689157459975

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mustang posted:

My old unit is one of those Stryker brigades and honestly I don't think the modern US Army has a stomach for putting down any kind of civilian disturbance within the US.

Even just thinking about careers these commanders would have a lot to lose and nothing to gain.

I don't think Trump has the clout to get the active duty military to actively put down protests.

Especially when they're supported by the vast majority of the country.
sailing my battleship into the internet VFW like this scene from sergei eisenstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_tmE3baRF8&t=4192s

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mustang posted:

I don't think there's many places as friendly about weed in the world as the PNW.

It's the closest thing in the US to the nicer first world countries that American liberals would want to move to.

It's got it's own issues but I feel like it's the least hosed up part of the country.

The only thing I know about the Pacific North West is Mandy and Infamous 2. Am I good to go?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

KirbyKhan posted:

The only thing I know about the Pacific North West is Mandy and Infamous 2. Am I good to go?

Green Room.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

For once I want someone in office (preferably with a blue check mark) to tweet back "Shut the gently caress up, Donnie."

It'd be sweet catharsis for everyone at this point.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

90s Solo Cup posted:

For once I want someone in office (preferably with a blue check mark) to tweet back "Shut the gently caress up, Donnie."

It'd be sweet catharsis for everyone at this point.

They did.

https://twitter.com/MayorJenny/status/1270928501164568576?s=19

https://twitter.com/JayInslee/status/1270941712320352258?s=19

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

Green Room.

Green Room is the poo poo.

Nazi punks gently caress OFF

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What scares me about Seattle is:
1) I have friends there, many of whom are probably protesting, and
2) Joint Base McChord has everything on-site needed to forcibly quell a rebellion. UH-60s, CH-47s, Stryker Combat Teams, and the entire I Corps of the US Army.

Orangeface McFuckstick had to push the panic button to get 1600 troops to DC on short notice. For Seattle, everything needed to turn Seattle into Fallujah is a quick jaunt down I-5.

He tried to get 10,000 troops. Thats how loving scared he was of getting some mob justice.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

ded posted:

He tried to get 10,000 troops. Thats how loving scared he was of getting some mob justice.

To be fair on the first night of DC riots those rioters seemed ready to end it all

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

sailing my battleship into the internet VFW like this scene from sergei eisenstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_tmE3baRF8&t=4192s

Just curious, could a modern EFP ATGM penetrate the hull armor of a WW2 battleship?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Suicide Watch posted:

To be fair on the first night of DC riots those rioters seemed ready to end it all

Just curious, could a modern EFP ATGM penetrate the hull armor of a WW2 battleship?

Like butter most likely, but you wouldn't aim for the belt. You'd go for the squishy bits with more tank-like armor thickness to disable key things.

Though, if you used a couple anti-ship missiles that you could probably sink a battleship no matter where you hit it. There's a reason that nobody puts huge amounts of armor on their ships anymore, as warheads on anti-ship missiles are powerful enough to punch right through the kind of armor they put on battleships and have enough explosive to put ship sinking size holes in them.

I guess if you didn't care about sinking it a javelin would punch through.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jun 11, 2020

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah more than likely. Doesnt that kinda stuff have rha pen of like 1k mm? The thickest armor im seeing on the iowas is under 500mm

Edit: wiki has javelin pen of 750+mm of rha

Stravag fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 11, 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/SBANYPD/status/...ingawful.com%2F

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Standing by for #HardeesIsOver to be the over of the day at some point because someone thinks Hardee's is named after an obscure Confederate Battle Flag and Twitter takes and runs with it.

You jest, but the statue of #MeToo'd Hardee's and Carolina Panthers founder Jerry Richardson was removed from B of A Stadium yesterday.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article243428601.html

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pretty good summary thread about statues

https://twitter.com/taber/status/1268959444211204103

https://twitter.com/taber/status/1268965601445384193

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mustang posted:

I would say the vibe of Western WA is very much not giving poo poo what other people are up to unless you're an rear end in a top hat. There's all sorts of unusual folks out here which is one of the things I like about the place.

I always felt like an outsider growing up in the South but I feel like the people here are "my people" despite many of them being very different from myself.

Fellow Southerners complain that the people here aren't friendly but it's more that they aren't the type to stop you in the middle of the street to tell you their life story.

I find people more genuinely friendly out here, I couldn't stand how overbearing "southern hospitality" was.

Everything out here was just a huge upgrade from life in the South.

This is a change I need to make in my life plz help how is PNW formed?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

The fascist responses to this are what worry me for the people operating the CHAZ.

"just bomb it"
"if the police don't take it back I will"
"send in the military because it's treason"
"antifa are mass murderers, Venezuelan communists, better kill them all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Seattle goon checking in. What I'm worried about is ICE and the extra powers they have within 100 miles of the border and the coastline. The Army signaled clearly that it wasn't getting involved but I'm still worried that elements like ICE would be able to cow resistance quickly if they switched to live ammunition.Then everyone would start shooting at everyone else and that's the end of my old neighborhood.