Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I finally installed the itch launcher, but a lot of the games I've added to my collection are listed as 'Buy Now' instead of 'Install', do I have to individually register these or what??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

MZ posted:

I finally installed the itch launcher, but a lot of the games I've added to my collection are listed as 'Buy Now' instead of 'Install', do I have to individually register these or what??
Yeah, you'll have to add them to your library. They didn't want to auto-fill each buyer's library with all the items in the bundle, which I think was the correct decision. Clicking "download" on your purchased bundle page will add the item to your library, and they know some people do want to just jam everything into their library, so a button for doing just that is in the works. But for the time being, you'll have to manually add everything you think is interesting first.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my initial impression of A Hole New World is.... wow, how the gently caress did I miss this one when it came out? does the NES widescreen thing like shovel knight, has megaman style weapons you get after each stage, decent music, nice art, controls are tight. cool poo poo

My Rabbits are Gone also looks to be very good, it's basically Mario vs DK's Mini-Mario puzzling, but with a Full Bore-style open world.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 11, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The 7th Guest posted:

the next batch will include The Hex (by the Pony Island developer), Flash Point (tactical firefighter game), Four-Sided Fantasy (a puzzle game involving wrapping around the edges of the screen), and this game that looks cute https://dazel.itch.io/gumgem

Flash Point is a really good and really challenging digital version of the board game. Players control fire fighters with different roles who have to work together to explore burning buildings and try to get all the trapped people out before the fires go out of control and bring the building down.

It's a lot of fun and very much recommended!

E: Oh poo poo, they added MICRO MAGES.

It's a 1-4 player co-operative retro platformer with the gimmick being that it was actually made as a NES game and the PC version is just the NES ROM running in an emulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFX401vvKTQ

Those fellas had to do some god drat hero programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWQ0591PAxM

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The 7th Guest posted:

my initial impression of A Hole New World is.... wow, how the gently caress did I miss this one when it came out? does the NES widescreen thing like shovel knight, has megaman style weapons you get after each stage, decent music, nice art, controls are tight. cool poo poo

For anyone confused, I went to look for this one, but apparently it's been removed from the bundle at some point so anyone who didn't download it before, cannot access it currently. The author apparently doesn't know why it was removed and has requested for its inclusion again.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

For anyone confused, I went to look for this one, but apparently it's been removed from the bundle at some point so anyone who didn't download it before, cannot access it currently. The author apparently doesn't know why it was removed and has requested for its inclusion again.
hopefully it gets added back because it's pretty cool

a couple more platformers i tried... Elena Temple was kinda meh, I definitely get what it's going for, a kind of Spectrum-esque temple exploring game, but it doesn't feel great to play. Halloween Forever, also not great to play unfortunately. Bubbles the Cat is alright, the only thing is that it's an auto-runner (with levels ala Mario Run) and I doubt PCs were the intended platform for a game like this.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Saoshyant posted:

It appears to be because it was originally submitted from the personal account of one of the developers, which wasn't the account that actually held ownership the game. He has now resubmitted it with the dev team account that does.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

MZ posted:

click on the game in the launcher to have it load up the game's page and it will update to "install"

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Played a bunch of that Fortune-499 when I was supposed to be working today and it's really great. Charming lil JRPG with an interesting battle system that it immediately starts pushing the boundaries of.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The original Octodad was added yesterday, the sequel was already in the bundle but hey if you like one the other's good too etc

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
BADBLOOD is a very fun two-player hide and seek game where you get to murder your friends!

The art style is neat and I always appreciate local co-op pc games.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Rockpapershotgun has some reviews as well: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/itch-bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality/

It surprises me that nobody mentioned Gladiabots yet. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems quite cool?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Gladiabots was mentioned a couple pages ago :P

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Thanks to everybody who posted their recommendations in this thread. I now have SevenYearItchio.txt on my desktop filled with dozens of game titles, in case I have a falling out with my Steam backlog.

Are there more games that feature Game Boy-style graphics? I have noticed Cuckoo Castle and Tiny Dangerous Dungeons thus far.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 11, 2020

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Mierenneuker posted:

Are there more games that feature the Game Boy esthetic (monochromatic)? I have noticed Cuckoo Castle and Tiny Dangerous Dungeons thus far.
I've just started Wishing Sarah, which is a Game Boy looking game that starts out harmless and gets weird pretty fast. It's part of a 9 game pack called Spooky Station. Some of the other games in there look interesting as well, I'm going to try them all.
https://bakudas.itch.io/spooky-station

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

Thanks to everybody who posted their recommendations in this thread. I now have SevenYearItchio.txt on my desktop filled with dozens of game titles, in case I have a falling out with my Steam backlog.

Are there more games that feature Game Boy-style graphics? I have noticed Cuckoo Castle and Tiny Dangerous Dungeons thus far.

Viv and Bob is a Game Boy game (as in, a rom for the og system).

ArkOfTurus
Apr 23, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Super Rad Raygun is worth looking into.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

John Walker goes over a bunch of titles I haven't seen mentioned yet, like Wide Ocean Big Jacket, Ethereal, Sagebrush, The White Door, Gutwhale, Semblance, Sidewords, and more. Check his reviews and impressions.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Semblance is really really good. You play as a blob of play dough who's blob friends are being turned pointy and crystalline, and you need to deform the terrain and yourself to help stop it. Developed by a team out of South Africa.

They're wrapping up additions to the bundle and one I was hoping would pop up has been submitted, Witchway. That's a puzzle platformer where you have a wand that lets you manipulate blocks to help you find your way out of the bottom of a well.

E. Oh gently caress yeah pikuniku is on the docket to get added too. That's an uhh, adventure platformer? It's a real fun time, takes only a handful of hours to complete and has some fun multiplayer stuff as well.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 11, 2020

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Looks like Supergiant just submitted Pyre, which I've always wanted to have a look at.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Hi! I'm the developer of Village Monsters which is a cozy life-sim game in the vein of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley. You play as the sole human living in a community of monsters

Village Monsters is technically not released yet (it's in Early Access), so I'm constantly adding new content and features. Version 1.0 should be out sometime this fall.

I actually felt some trepidation when I first submitted to this bundle (and back then it was like 100 titles!!) because VM is my first game and I'm trying to start a career as a solo indie dev. It's not exactly good business sense to give away your game before it's even released, yeah? But the groups its raising money for are so urgently needed, and after seeing the bundle's success I feel insanely lucky that I could be a tiny part of something so awesome and historic.

Anywho, you have a bajillion games to play now, but please give my dumb little Village Monsters a shot sometime!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

WarpDogs posted:

Hi! I'm the developer of Village Monsters which is a cozy life-sim game in the vein of Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley. You play as the sole human living in a community of monsters

Village Monsters is technically not released yet (it's in Early Access), so I'm constantly adding new content and features. Version 1.0 should be out sometime this fall.

I actually felt some trepidation when I first submitted to this bundle (and back then it was like 100 titles!!) because VM is my first game and I'm trying to start a career as a solo indie dev. It's not exactly good business sense to give away your game before it's even released, yeah? But the groups its raising money for are so urgently needed, and after seeing the bundle's success I feel insanely lucky that I could be a tiny part of something so awesome and historic.

Anywho, you have a bajillion games to play now, but please give my dumb little Village Monsters a shot sometime!
yeah I am definitely gonna play it, I love cozy games and looking at the screenshots reminded me of Littlewood a little, which is another early access game I've been following for a while. the more the merrier honestly!!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

tight aspirations posted:

Looks like Supergiant just submitted Pyre, which I've always wanted to have a look at.

Pyre is my favorite Supergiant game, they really knocked the visuals and music out of the park. Plus who doesn't want to play Mystic NBA Jam?

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Pyre is my favorite Supergiant game, they really knocked the visuals and music out of the park. Plus who doesn't want to play Mystic NBA Jam?
As it turned out, I don't :( Bummer because the rest of the game is stellar indeed.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Having trouble finding this. Is there a spreadsheet or text list of everything in the bundle? Just want to be able to see everything in alphabetical order if possible.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I think it's because every time you count the games there are a different number, like standing stones on a spooky moor.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
There were 51 pages of games yesterday. There's 55 now. I wish there was some way to keep track of what was added.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
It's nearly five million wheeeeeee

Foglet fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 11, 2020

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Framboise posted:

There were 51 pages of games yesterday. There's 55 now. I wish there was some way to keep track of what was added.

I just updated https://randombundlegame.com/browse with the latest (and last?) batch (from 1509 to 1640), the previous batch should say Jun 10.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

lunar detritus posted:

I just updated https://randombundlegame.com/browse with the latest (and last?) batch (from 1509 to 1640), the previous batch should say Jun 10.

bless you

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the submission cutoff is today. any submissions after will go into a 'supporter' spinoff, which is where a lot of the freebie submissions are going. i'm not sure if that will be given out to owners of this bundle or not

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

lunar detritus posted:

nice

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
Here are some recommendations for anyone in the mood for more atmospheric games. Affinity is a short game about reassembling various objects. It's one step removed from a jigsaw puzzle, but it has a relaxing tone and it's very satisfying. Vignettes and GNOG involve poking and prodding at objects to make things happen; you'll probably like these if you enjoy games like The Room. Earthtongue is an old classic about growing an entire ecosystem of fungi and insects. There's no way to permanently lose, but you can have temporary setbacks if a species dies out for one reason or another. Lastly, Mu Cartographer is a game that tells you nothing and is all about figuring out how to use various tools to explore a strange land.

On the more action-heavy side of things, I recommend Circa Infinity, Soft Body, and Semblance. Circa Infinity is a kaleidoscopic platformer (of sorts) all about running in circles and avoiding enemies. It's extremely cool and the later levels get rather hard. Meanwhile, Soft Body has you slithering around as a snake-thing performing various tasks while dodging a ton of bullets. Semblance is a platformer where you move and reshape the environment to solve puzzles; I've only played a little of this one so far, though what I've seen has been incredible.

I'm going to also hop on the ever-growing bandwagon and give a strong recommendation to Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass if you like RPG's or games with good storytelling in general. It's an emotional roller coaster and the happy parts make the tragic parts hit all the harder.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

aaaand https://plug-in-digital.itch.io/anarcute just got delisted for some reason so now there are 1639. :sigh:

EDIT: 1638. https://makemorelove.itch.io/sankalpa also got delisted.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 11, 2020

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Dammit, that one actually looked neat. I was too slow.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

The 7th Guest posted:

yeah I am definitely gonna play it, I love cozy games and looking at the screenshots reminded me of Littlewood a little, which is another early access game I've been following for a while. the more the merrier honestly!!

Yeah, Littlewood rocks

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Another little roundup after looking through that kind goon's organizer

Receiver

"Receiver was created for the 7-day FPS challenge to explore gun handling mechanics, randomized levels, and unordered storytelling. Armed only with a handgun and an audio cassette player, you must uncover the secrets of the Mindkill in a building complex infested with automated turrets and hovering shock drones."

Pyre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1k5SCCN1sk
"Pyre is a party-based RPG in which you lead a band of exiles to freedom through ancient competitions spread across a vast, mystical purgatory. Who shall return to glory, and who shall remain in exile to the end of their days?"

The Hex

In a creaky old tavern, in a forgotten corner of the video game universe, a storm is raging. The barkeep gets a patchy phone call. It's hard to tell what the caller is saying, but this much is clear: someone in The Six Pint Inn is planning a murder.

There are six patrons; all of them are video game protagonists trying to escape their past... But The Six Pint Inn has a way of bringing back old memories. Each flashback plays out in an entirely different genre, sometimes blending multiple. By exploring these memories you may discover the identity of the murderer... or you may learn much darker secrets.

Pikuniku

Pikuniku is an absurdly wonderful puzzle-exploration game that takes place in a strange but playful world where not everything is as happy as it seems. Help peculiar characters overcome struggles, uncover a deep state conspiracy, and start a fun little revolution in this delightful dystopian adventure!

The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human

"The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human is a pixelated, side-scrolling, underwater action-adventure game about exploring the decaying ruins of our species -- and fighting deadly sea-creatures -- in search of answers about our downfall."

Anodyne

In this unique Zelda-lite game, explore and fight your way through surreal and creepy, nature, urban and abstract themed areas in the human Young's subconscious, evoked by a 16-bit-era visual style and a moody, dream-like soundtrack. Talk to bizarre characters and survive through Game Boy-styled dungeons, while hunting down mysterious keys and cards that will allow you to dive deeper into the dream world.

Mini Ghost

"Mini Ghost" is a mini metroidvania in the 80's MSX art style and gameplay. It's the mini prequel of Ghost 1.0.

There might still be stuff I'm missing and I'll probably keep finding hidden gems for months.

lunar detritus posted:

aaaand https://plug-in-digital.itch.io/anarcute just got delisted for some reason so now there are 1639. :sigh:

I was just going to include it in this post as well :sigh:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

lunar detritus posted:

Found another very minor "bug" with the site - if you filter it so that there's less than 24 items in the results, the page will still say it's showing items 1-24. So, for instance, if you check "Other", it'll say "Showing 1 - 24 of 11 items". Not at all a big deal, but thought it might be worth pointing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm gonna get dogpiled for this but I bounced hard off bastion almost instantly because I couldn't stand that loser who wouldn't shut up about every time I walked down a hallway or touched an urn. Does Pyre have that?