Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I played like 2 min of that map and said nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I only had a 30ish gb update on bone but I know others are getting 80

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Can confirm, the "M4A1" is now a burst rifle in game, despite what the loadout/armory descriptions say. There also don't seem to be any vehicles in WZ anymore, at least not in solos. Also, you can't actually kill anyone in the pregame rumble.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yeah after doing 4 of these rumbles, I'm no getting any XP from them. Is anyone else getting XP from it?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You can kill in pregame, I just dont know how. I got killed once but no idea how it happened, wasn't fall damage.

Most changes so far seem very lovely. Did just win a solo round though thanks to I dunno sbmm resetting? Bounties seem to have changed too, as I had one where the target was just outside downtown going towards club, on my map I should have been running right over the guy but instead he was actually in the building just at the edge of downtown, not centered near the map indicator at all.

Gun selection is just horrendous, further emphasizing loadout use. They've backed themselves into a lovely situation, there are only 2 or 3 guns that are any good and everybody uses them, and no world drops come anywhere close to them. Makes it pretty boring. Whats with the choppers now? I guess I shoulda read the patch notes. I see them fly overhead but sometimes they stay in a certain area, but nothing on the comms to indicate what it is or how you get it. Is that just how loadouts are brought in now?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
you can probably do takedowns. even in normal warzone pregame immunity at 7 seconds left or whatever you can do them

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sounds like I should just play the regular rear end MP playlist until the next patch huh

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, occasionally you can actually kill people in pregame, but it seems to be about 1/10 of the time. You can always do fatalities, but they just get right back up.

I found a contraband thing I needed to get to an evac helicopter in one game, netted be a sniper blueprint and $12k. Not too shabby.

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
So far I'm liking Warzone Rumble. It is pretty much how I thought it would be; a large section of the Warzone map is surrounded by gas but the playable part of the map is large enough that you can easily maneuver to flank or try and do some fun stuff.

I was pleasantly surprised that there are no kill streaks. It makes the game feel more like an old Battlefield map, but without APCs/IAVs. It is going to be a great mode to level snipers or get longshot kills.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If anyone else is getting near-0kB/s download speeds in Europe, get a VPN and route your connection through the US. That magically fixed it for me, because apparently the issue is just Blizzard's EU download servers being broken garbage and nothing to do with their CDNs throttling downloads like they claim.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
At least this new mode gives me the chance to unlock the Grau without paying for the normal game as that’s all I’m seeing people run these days.

Though the fact that they didn’t mess with it at all this patch boggles my mind.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I assume everyone who complains about the new & improved gulag just sprints full bore into the enemys hail of gunfire then wonder why they don't win.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Having mic’d up squadmates giving you eye in the sky instructions in the gulag rules

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Anyone had a jailbreak yet?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

priznat posted:

Having mic’d up squadmates giving you eye in the sky instructions in the gulag rules

This rules, and so does spectating your one remaining squaddie with one guy paying attention to the feed, one checking for radar signatures and incoming vehicles on the map, and the last one being a second set of ears and/or talking poo poo. Having an Intel team has saved our rear end several times.

Also the Gulag still rules even if full auto weapons suck.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Not a massive fan of Rumble so far. It's brilliant for levelling your weapons up, because you can sit in completely safety and endlessly shoot people out of the sky with very little chance of getting downed - I unlocked the last 3 levels of skull paint on my PKM in two matches. Also the voice chat is funny because it's full of people saying 'this is poo poo'.

It's kinda chaotic and fun but also relentless in a numbing, quickly tedious sort of way. The zone needs to be bigger, or move around, or something...there's no goal, no meta games, just a choice between 'hang back and get loads of kills before you die' or 'run forward and get a few kills then die'.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

codo27 posted:

I assume everyone who complains about the new & improved gulag just sprints full bore into the enemys hail of gunfire then wonder why they don't win.

If anything I've started winning it more when I started running full bore to the other side of the map.

New gulag sucks because it's literally nothing but people trying to exploit peeker's advantage and camping along little pieces of wall. I wasn't a fan of the old gulag either but at least it was chaotic and allowed for strategies that weren't just exploits, and weird/funny poo poo would happen sometimes. Full auto gulag is just insanely whack.

Imo gulag should be a mix of fists only or the weirdest weapons in the game like the crossbow. Also get rid of the nades and tacticals

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lemon-Lime posted:

If anyone else is getting near-0kB/s download speeds in Europe, get a VPN and route your connection through the US. That magically fixed it for me, because apparently the issue is just Blizzard's EU download servers being broken garbage and nothing to do with their CDNs throttling downloads like they claim.

Lmao I did this and download speed jumped from <100kb/sec to 500, which still isn't great but a big improvement.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Galil is a warzone beast on paper. Its TTK is 2nd fastest in the entire game at 465ms and it can hold that TTK out to ~40m bone stock. And its recoil properties are significantly better than anything it competes with, like the AK or SCAR.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 11, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Pro strat in Gulag is to rush anyway. Taking it slow is a great way to lose.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Warzone rumble is a lot of fun, I climbed one of the radio towers and sat up there sniping the entire game. This coming from someone who hates sniping. With proper field upgrades you never have to leave your spot.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
kali sticks are dope, you heard it here first

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Warzone rumble is a lot of fun, I climbed one of the radio towers and sat up there sniping the entire game. This coming from someone who hates sniping. With proper field upgrades you never have to leave your spot.

I was trying to countersnipe with a Kar, and you get about .2 seconds in the open before one of the 20 enemy snipers gets you.

But there’s a lot more time to shoot after flanking behind the enemy team and finding where the snipers are camped facing away from you :kheldragar:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Democratic Pirate posted:

I was trying to countersnipe with a Kar, and you get about .2 seconds in the open before one of the 20 enemy snipers gets you.

But there’s a lot more time to shoot after flanking behind the enemy team and finding where the snipers are camped facing away from you :kheldragar:

Time to get a bunch of finishing move kills! :getin:

I don’t think I have enough yet for the net face guy

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

plug in a controller

Got a controller, to try the game with the aim assist on PC. So far, the aim assist doesn't seem to want to work. Anyone else have/had issues?

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Biaga posted:

Got a controller, to try the game with the aim assist on PC. So far, the aim assist doesn't seem to want to work. Anyone else have/had issues?

Make sure you're playing at console FOV.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

First S4 match was a bottom of the scoreboard loss, but I got a bunch of extremely satisfying deagle kills, so it's cool.

Edit: Also, I'm trying 120 FOV for the first time, and I can't decide if it's a little bit over the top. Feels so fish-eyed.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The only modes I like to play are hc shipment and plunder / blood money running solo. Now there's no 24/7 shipment and I can't figure out how to turn off squad fill for blood money trios which is the only plunder option pls help

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

u brexit ukip it posted:

Lmao I did this and download speed jumped from <100kb/sec to 500, which still isn't great but a big improvement.

Update: US connection is poo poo too, but Japan is getting me 1MB/sec at least.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

u brexit ukip it posted:

Mine went up to 25MB/s which I assume is just what the node I was VPNing through capped out at, at least.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Extremely excited to level the vektor. The only SMG I like better is the P90.

Resisting the urge to buy the anime P90 is incredibly hard.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

When’s the battlepass going to show up? Or is it there already? The app still shows season 3.

E:nm just had to reload the app, there it is. Capn price!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What an intensely disappointing and terrible mode Warzone Rumble is

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Are squads for rumble still capped at 4? Or can you have larger squads?

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Splinter posted:

Are squads for rumble still capped at 4? Or can you have larger squads?

Still 4. And you can't really keep track of where they are. Or ping things. Or work together.

RBA Starblade posted:

What an intensely disappointing and terrible mode Warzone Rumble is

I played it twice and it was a fun "kill 10 minutes" sort of game mode but I won't spend hours getting mad at it.
It's like they took the pre-game warmup and added a scoring mechanism. And the ability to kill people, since you can evidently no longer do that in the warmup.

They'd really need to do a lot for rumble to have lasting appeal. A circle that closes or even moves around. Or ban snipers. Or fix loadouts to pistols and shotties.

I don't know if the open and sprawling Warzone map lends itself to a deathmatch that everybody wants to play at COD multiplayer speeds.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I know I say "ban snipers" for, like, 9/10 modes, but rumble might be the most ban snipers mode ever made.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Seems they've taken vehicles out of solo, my favourite thing is chasing people down in the hangers with a quad.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Black Griffon posted:

I know I say "ban snipers" for, like, 9/10 modes, but rumble might be the most ban snipers mode ever made.

Yeah it's just a sniper trap as it stands. Could be interesting if they disallowed all snipes

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Hope you guys like dissolve edits between scenes, because I got imovie set up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN5zHVHffGA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Trench makes Longshot shotty kills trivial lol

Are the dragons breath 12r rounds worth it or is the first unlock better?

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 11, 2020