Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I see. Too bad that I don't have any friends.

Ok Comboomer posted:

it's definitely not at all like Donkey Kong Country or Diddy Kong Racing if that's what you mean

Is it like Banjo & Kazooie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i started watching eizouken it rips

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is it like Banjo & Kazooie?

Its like griefing other people cause the quests/rewards are so bad only a super trollable group would attempt them seriously so you and your buds just make their lives suck for a while.
Maybe the new content is better than that idk

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
When is no man's sky coming to games pass I want to find out if it's good now and I am physiologically incapable of trusting another person

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I believe it's tomorrow

Edit: I'm wrong, it's today.

June 11

No Man’s Sky
Dungeon of the Endless
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 & 2.5 ReMix
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Battletech
Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2

June 18

Thronebreaker
The Bard’s Tale Remastered and Resnarkled

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jun 11, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lol if the XSX release of Destiny 2 will make people beg Microsoft to remove crossplay so they won't get matched with HDD players

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

lol if the XSX release of Destiny 2 will make people beg Microsoft to remove crossplay so they won't get matched with HDD players

Looking at Destiny 2 trends I don't think anybody would ask for the userbase to be split.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

Theyd be begging Sony more if anything

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

i started watching eizouken it rips

its true

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ruffian Price posted:

I think that re: Destiny & Microsoft - If there was any begging it would be for Microsoft to re-buy Bungie and fire all their design leads because they're crippling a really talented studio.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

monkey paw's finger curls as they replace them with 343 leads

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

The saddest part is that would actually be a huge improvement.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

destiny 1 and 2 are better than all halos combined

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Stux posted:

destiny 1 and 2 are better than all halos combined

Every Halo disagrees with your blatantly wrong statement.

Even Halo Wars. Destiny 1 and 2 are poo poo cash grabs with mediocre gun play.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Even Halo: Spartan Assault has a better storyline than Destiny, and I don't even know if that has a storyline

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Halo actually has good singleplayer, good co-op, a horde mode and good multiplayer. Destiny comes nowhere near but I'll give that a pass because lol Stux.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

halo has a way better story, better vehicles, and infinitely better pvp

destiny 2's shooting is pretty on point tho, and theres much more pve content and the mmo aspects can be fun

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Aaronicon posted:

Even Halo: Spartan Assault has a better storyline than Destiny, and I don't even know if that has a storyline

Oh man, if you haven’t played Halo: Reach. The ending of that campaign is soooo deep

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Ah yes, Halo: Reach, a very fun game that didn't keep removing content. Good times :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

halo: buhhhhh boring space army guy who cares

destiny: that wizard came from the moon

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Has anybody ITT even read one Halo novel?

I mean, I certainly hope not...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Halo never got an official cookbook so point to Destiny I guess

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Ok Comboomer posted:

*cautiously raises hand*

I was a teenager what do you want from me... i read a lot of trash back then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ethanol posted:

halo has a way better story, better vehicles, and infinitely better pvp

destiny 2's shooting is pretty on point tho, and theres much more pve content and the mmo aspects can be fun

Yeah, ethanol gets it.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Man hitting an enemy warthog with a grav hammer was so fun. Wish Bungie didn't do everything in their power to stop people having fun in Destiny :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Halo 1's campaign is so bad i cant get over it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I never played ODST until I got the collection recently, and I’d rather play Halo 1.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Real hurthling! posted:

Halo 1's campaign is so bad i cant get over it

Halo 1 is fine, but the checkpoints are trash.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Halo 1 is fine, but the checkpoints are trash.

I went back and tried to play Halo 1 with my wife and quickly gave up because we got turned around and didn't know where to go. It's pretty remarkable how hand holdy new games are compared to "older" games. I never had that issue when I first played it but I've gotten old and I wonder if my sense of spatial awareness in 3D worlds has lessened because I always just rely on an objective arrow now?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I went back and tried to play Halo 1 with my wife and quickly gave up because we got turned around and didn't know where to go. It's pretty remarkable how hand holdy new games are compared to "older" games. I never had that issue when I first played it but I've gotten old and I wonder if my sense of spatial awareness in 3D worlds has lessened because I always just rely on an objective arrow now?

well duh, that's because girls can't play as Master Chief. You have to play one of the later games where she can create her own lady Spartan to play as

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

I read the first comic book they did and it was just garbage all the way around.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Barudak posted:

I read the first comic book they did and it was just garbage all the way around.

Sonic comics or Halo comics?

I feel like Sonic comics are probably page-for-page better and higher quality because they were made by the Archie people and some of the writers have clearly given a poo poo but also there's no way that sonic comics aren't both cringier and fall to lower depths, and they are therefore more embarrassing and also Ken penders never made Halo comics

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halo Comics

Sonic at least seems like it has the ability to produce fun material

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

on my recent replay i had this trouble with those loving round rooms that all look the same on either side of the big bridge, and the swamp when you first come out from finding the flood. i can't remember what those levels are called, but gently caress them both.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

the second is guilty spark i think.. i think the other one is assault on control room which has some really rad outdoor stuff, it's just a couple of the indoor areas really loving suck until i realised there were arrows or something on the ground.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Halo 1 campaign was great up until the flood/endless copy paste corridors.

Halo 3 had the best multiplayer of any game during the era.

Reach had the best campaign.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I never played em much when they first came out so they all seem really boring and dated now but I remember the idea of campaign coop was cool as hell, i don't remember any other games doing that at the time but I might be wrong

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my only memory of halo 1 multiplayer was running around on a vehicle blowing up people in early 00's.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

It seems a given that the new Xbox will launch with Forza Motorsport 8 and Halo Infinite so I hope they're good. I'm confident Forza 8 will own because Forza games are always great and with Halo I just hope the multiplayer is good. Apparently they nailed the core gameplay in Halo 5 but messed up with lack of maps and that weird Warzone mode. If they go back to traditional multiplayer with the improvements they've made it should be solid. They need to remember Firefight as well though because horde modes own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did they announce f8?