Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Zordon not looking too hot there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Liar Lyre posted:

Speaking of toys! Morpher and Alpha/Zordon pack are Walmart exclusive for September. Psycho Green is Hasbro Pulse exclusive for July. Putties in August. No word on the pony.

Honestly it's kinda surprising Hasbro hasn't gone hog wild on crossing over Power Rangers with all of their other properties

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly it's kinda surprising Hasbro hasn't gone hog wild on crossing over Power Rangers with all of their other properties

Its only been two years, I'm sure they'll ramp up in a few more.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

I'm sure they're busy working out a set of Transformers that go from MMPR Ranger forms to their individual Zords

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Homora Gaykemi posted:

I'm sure they're busy working out a set of Transformers that go from MMPR Ranger forms to their individual Zords

Do not speak this evil on my wallet

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
*whispers* Season 3 themed Triple Changers that transform from Ninja Ranger to Ninja Zord and Shark Cycle

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Going back to adapting LuPat, I'd make the Lupins a group of hackers who are retrofitting bad guys' tech to be their ranger tech. Maybe ultimately trying to build some sorta big machine to beat the bad guys for sure. Then the Pats should be more like Lightspeed Rescue's team and have scenes of fixing damage or saving people, more of a rescue force.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

drrockso20 posted:

Waiting for the Power Rangers vs. Transformers special where Megazord kicks the poo poo out of Devastator or something.

e: and Bumblebee gets a morpher, for sure

ALSO E:

MorningMoon posted:

Going back to adapting LuPat, I'd make the Lupins a group of hackers who are retrofitting bad guys' tech to be their ranger tech. Maybe ultimately trying to build some sorta big machine to beat the bad guys for sure. Then the Pats should be more like Lightspeed Rescue's team and have scenes of fixing damage or saving people, more of a rescue force.

This could actually work? Have them all be part of the same organization, but the Lupins are like the IT department and nobody knows that they're moonlighting as superheros. The top hat and cape aesthetic is because they're huge nerds

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 17, 2020

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Homora Gaykemi posted:

I remember during Zeo they made these. I know I had the green one, I don't remember if I had the red one or not.

Here's the commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcJkw9H-vg

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

As Nero Danced posted:

I remember during Zeo they made these. I know I had the green one, I don't remember if I had the red one or not.

Here's the commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixcJkw9H-vg

:allears: they look like Satou drawings

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Battle4TheGrid/status/1264724517789634560

RJ, the cooler Red Samurai ranger and Mystery Scorpina-Shaped Character X.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
ooh, nice. a Samurai character would've been way down the bottom of my list of choices for DLC but going with Lauren rather than Jaden is enough to have me interested

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

MorningMoon posted:

Mystery Scorpina-Shaped Character X.

I really don;t know why they are bothering trying to hide it after that "intro" and the silhouette. Maybe they don;t actually have the render done?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's Entergaging to give your audience enough clues for them to solve the """mystery"""

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mateo360 posted:

I really don;t know why they are bothering trying to hide it after that "intro" and the silhouette. Maybe they don;t actually have the render done?

that plus now when they do reveal her that's another day people are paying attention to the game

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Is Scorpina the first "human" character in this game? I wonder how they'll handle the likeness.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

JT Smiley posted:

Is Scorpina the first "human" character in this game? I wonder how they'll handle the likeness.

Scorpina had a monster form.

I just wonder if her attacks will include turning into a big ugly ball of scorpions and crashing into people.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

New villains are coming to the MMPR comics. Evil Ranger versions of Squatt, Babboo, Finster, Goldar & Rita. They look pretty cool, probably the best looking comic original characters since Drakkon.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That’s... okay, but
1) it annoys me that Scorpina was left out given that she’d be a natural for this idea.
2) I’d rather see MMPRs vs Psychos.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

That’s... okay, but
1) it annoys me that Scorpina was left out given that she’d be a natural for this idea.

She's still over in the "Evil Tommy" dimension

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

That’s... okay, but

Really should have swapped Finster for Scorpina. The rest I can kind of see, but that seems like a gimme.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The MMPR should fight an Org sometime. Theoretically those guys are running around

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The MMPR should fight an Org sometime. Theoretically those guys are running around

Now I'm picturing a storyline involving a rogue group of Time Force officers going back in time and twisting things around so that as many villain factions as possible are active ahead of when they're supposed to, specifically to ensure they get wiped out by the Zordon Wave instead of them appearing when they're supposed to afterwards

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Or a one shot where after Diabolico takes Ryan, Captain Mitchell seeks out Zordon for help and gets help developing Lightspeed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Liar Lyre posted:

New villains are coming to the MMPR comics. Evil Ranger versions of Squatt, Babboo, Finster, Goldar & Rita. They look pretty cool, probably the best looking comic original characters since Drakkon.

Evil Sentai Bandoranger

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Craptacular! posted:

Scorpina had a monster form.

I just wonder if her attacks will include turning into a big ugly ball of scorpions and crashing into people.

Yes, It's safe to say anyone reading this thread is aware of that. The version shown in the trailer is clearly her human form which is why I was curious.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It could be Trakeena. The antennae are missing but the downward spike on the left is too long for scorpions and the other shoulder has another spike like Trak.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

MillennialVulcan posted:

It could be Trakeena. The antennae are missing but the downward spike on the left is too long for scorpions and the other shoulder has another spike like Trak.

no. The intro video is literally the same footage they show on the viewing globe during Green with Evil just silhouetting the character.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Or a one shot where after Diabolico takes Ryan, Captain Mitchell seeks out Zordon for help and gets help developing Lightspeed

Considering how much the comics like using fan theories about continuity stuff, I can imagine that'd happen during Turbo entirely to tie together both sets of Rescue Zords.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Considering how much the comics like using fan theories about continuity stuff, I can imagine that'd happen during Turbo entirely to tie together both sets of Rescue Zords.

Well technically the Rescue Zords were given to the team by the Phantom Ranger but it’s possible that Zordon still had a hand in creating them.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Today I learned that Yukari Oshima was in an episode of Bioman. I really wish there was an easier way to get access to subtitled version of pre-Jetman sentai episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YBWah7nkLU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i clapped! i clapped when i saw it! but unironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdSxo_OEDiA

(spoilers for Beast Morphers if you care about that sort of thing)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Woah so he called another universe for advice and she was like "I can't help but here's the number for the next universe over"

Cool that she did that cameo though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Woah so he called another universe for advice and she was like "I can't help but here's the number for the next universe over"

She is a busy lady okay.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is one of the coolest henshin I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/tokugifs/status/1272183261901422592?s=19

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dairanger kicks rear end, yeah

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

That's something I love about Kamen Rider. There's no such thing as a stock morphing sequence.

It's especially badass when they use the transformation itself as part of an attack or defense at the start of a battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVKW-dgMfio&t=107s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Doggles posted:

That's something I love about Kamen Rider. There's no such thing as a stock morphing sequence.

It's especially badass when they use the transformation itself as part of an attack or defense at the start of a battle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVKW-dgMfio&t=107s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq-otVb7mWM&t=100s

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I would assume the hard cuts and stock sequences for Sentai's transformations are to make it easier for Power Rangers. GoBusters, ToQger, and Kyuranger have all had people who just stand in the present setting and the suit appears on them in a flash without a hard cut to a greenscreen dimension. Now what do all these seasons have in common... :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I would assume the hard cuts and stock sequences for Sentai's transformations are to make it easier for Power Rangers. GoBusters, ToQger, and Kyuranger have all had people who just stand in the present setting and the suit appears on them in a flash without a hard cut to a greenscreen dimension. Now what do all these seasons have in common... :thunk:

GoBusters just finished it's Power Rangers adaptation though