Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hate America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Also it makes me curious about these, I have some on the way: https://n95maskco.com/collections/n95-masks/products/respokare-niosh-n95-respirator-mask-4-pack

They claim that their outer layer traps and absorbs droplets and destabilizes them with an acidic coating

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
My in laws are dragging everyone to a theme park getting that half of them are high risk. How hosed are we gonna be going to Lego Land?? And what playset should I get to honor their memory?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

lmao that last paragraph

capitalism has to end

lmao

Last year, Chuck E. Cheese came under fire for rumors that it was selling leftover pizza, largely because many of the pies being sold were misshapen. A CEC rep categorically denied the allegations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

retention bonus for a ceo leading a company into an abyss

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Philosopher King posted:

My in laws are dragging everyone to a theme park getting that half of them are high risk. How hosed are we gonna be going to Lego Land?? And what playset should I get to honor their memory?

Don't go?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

just realized “I can’t breathe” works equally well for both big issues in 2020

Also climate change and pollution too. It's the mantra if the 21st century.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Also it makes me curious about these, I have some on the way: https://n95maskco.com/collections/n95-masks/products/respokare-niosh-n95-respirator-mask-4-pack

They claim that their outer layer traps and absorbs droplets and destabilizes them with an acidic coating

I looked this up and its astounding they went through the effort of making the mask, getting it certified & then they just put it on a website that looks like a scam. goddamn lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

I looked this up and its astounding they went through the effort of making the mask, getting it certified & then they just put it on a website that looks like a scam. goddamn lol

True, but it seems legit? I could be wrong but I hope they are considering I just bought 4 for 60 lol

Someone smarter than me please make a legitness assessment

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Google Butt posted:

True, but it seems legit? I could be wrong but I hope they are considering I just bought 4 for 60 lol

Someone smarter than me please make a legitness assessment

they are legit as far as I can tell, that's what is so astounding about it. They should have hosted it directly from Innonix or w/e lol. instead they made the website like 4 months ago lmao

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

This feels conspiracy theory as gently caress to type out, but it really seems like states started ramping up testing capacity like crazy because they realized it was a great way to goose their numbers. All you have to do to show a declining positive test rate (for a while) is ramp up testing faster the rate of infection, and ideally make testing more widely available so your sample includes more people without symptoms.

Philosopher King posted:

I mean... just don't loving go? What's with all the people in this thread who are like haha I'm being "forced" to go into a situation that I know is really bad and dumb, how wacky is that!

You're an adult. Don't loving go.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

they are legit as far as I can tell, that's what is so astounding about it. They should have hosted it directly from Innonix or w/e lol. instead they made the website like 4 months ago lmao

Yeah it's real weird. I just inquired about how long that coating poo poo remains effective, I'm really hoping to get a couple weeks out of them by doing a daily rotation while storing them in individual paper bags

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the acidic coating sounds worthless in this world where people are washing their masks and reusing them for months on end

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Philosopher King posted:

the Mandalorian Razor Crest set comes out sept 1st

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

hifi posted:

the acidic coating sounds worthless in this world where people are washing their masks and reusing them for months on end

I mean yes but what if you don't wash your paper mask and only use them for like 2 weeks lol

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I mean... just don't loving go? What's with all the people in this thread who are like haha I'm being "forced" to go into a situation that I know is really bad and dumb, how wacky is that!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Wrong thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if somebody is giving me free tickets to legoland, i don't give a drat im going. america can kiss my rear end

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Philosopher King posted:

what the gently caress just SAY NO you are old enough to have inlaws yet not old enough to tell them to gently caress off?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

what the gently caress just SAY NO you are old enough to have inlaws yet not old enough to tell them to gently caress off?

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Philosopher King posted:

Dont go to a theme park even if that makes your in laws mad.

mystes
May 31, 2006

When even people in this thread are letting themselves be "forced" to go to theme parks, America is really hosed, lol.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

love all the people justifying their internal desire to OPEN ER UP by saying that friends/relatives are making them do it

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Paradoxish posted:

what if they get mad at me before their lungs burst out of their chest? what if their final words are: legoland owned bitch lmao gently caress you? what then?!

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Philosopher King posted:

what's the fun in going to a theme park at this point, honestly?

Lines for rides are miles long because everyone has to stand six feet apart, riding half-empty rollercoasters with masks on, jugs of hand sanitizer everywhere, it's gonna be all hosed up and eerie. Why bother? Just to spite everyone telling you that you shouldn't? the "gently caress you, I can do what I want and you can't stop me" thrill?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Going to a theme park, non stop thinking about covid, going home and non stop thinking and waiting for symptoms to start for 2 to 3 weeks

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

the first one of my friends has caught the rona. they are an ESSENTIAL WORKER (chef). don't forget to patronize your local dining establishment!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
goon philosopher king I am curious as to how you handle conflict... with the person who has made you have inlaws

your spouse

do you roll over in the face of extreme health risks with them too

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Bdwal359/status/1257495936865046528?s=20

keep thinking about this

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

goon philosopher king I am curious as to how you handle conflict... with the person who has made you have inlaws

your spouse

do you roll over in the face of extreme health risks with them too

Just tell them you don't feel good then start coughing on the phone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

love all the people justifying their internal desire to OPEN ER UP by saying that friends/relatives are making them do it

Its like the titantic, you can keep partying in 2nd/3rd class and drown like a real american or fall from the stern and be chopped in half by the ship propeller :911:

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think he means "your" dead bodies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

spouses are momentary fiscal and sexual conveniences

you can safely sacrifice them for the greater good (you)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i can imagine feeling forced to go to a theme park by your family if you're like 15 but if you have in-laws lol

or is it your spouse who's forcing you.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
sickening the way my second cousin keeps forcing me to swipe right on jack'd

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Oh I'd like to, but they are taking all the grandchildren, including 2 of mine. And these kids see each other on a other daily basis. And I can't stop my in laws from going. Pregnant wife also wants to go to get out of the house.

I'm very much outvoted here and even if I told my family they couldn't go we'd already be compromised by these in laws, and the other grandchildren.

Shear Modulus posted:

or is it your spouse who's forcing you.

Kinda that too.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone who will be mad at me for choosing not to do an unsafe thing

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Mr. Pizza posted:

It's saturday and it's time to party.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Philosopher King posted:

Oh I'd like to, but they are taking all the grandchildren, including 2 of mine. And these kids see each other on a other daily basis. And I can't stop my in laws from going. Pregnant wife also wants to go to get out of the house.

ahem hmm hrrrgm

"no you are not"

try it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

isn't daily new cases still a pretty bad lagging indicator?