Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

$175 per year doesn't sound like that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
srsly get some couchguy energy in you and fight the gently caress back

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Philosopher King posted:

My in laws are dragging everyone to a theme park getting that half of them are high risk. How hosed are we gonna be going to Lego Land?? And what playset should I get to honor their memory?

Legos are an investment now, better get ready to withdrawal your savings.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone who will be mad at me for choosing not to do an unsafe thing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Americans don’t pay Lindsey’s Graham

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
mods please probate all of these sickos telling this man to value his family's health over peer pressure from morons tyia

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mr. Pizza posted:

isn't daily new cases still a pretty bad lagging indicator?

~5 days to symptom onset
~1 day to get tested
~4 days for test results

So about a 10 day lagging indicator.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

really sorry yall are related to a lot of people who don't understand what "no" means

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I had to get something from the mall today. lmao we're so hosed. had to park a million miles away because the lots were so full, I think I saw about 8 people wearing masks, and half of those were around their necks.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone who will be mad at me for choosing not to do an unsafe thing

if the "unsafe thing" was a BLM matter protest I can kind of see a reason for an argument

but risking life and limb for Lego Land is incredibly dumb

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
My in laws with whom we've been sheltering in place (they live down the street and we've been able to sort of quarantine "together") had a patio lunch at a restaurant in the Hudson valley today and if they do it again I'm telling them they can't come over any more

It's loving insane.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

snoo posted:

really sorry yall are related to a lot of people who don't understand what "no" means

My family is having a small birthday for my older brother at my parents with 6 or 7 people total and I said lol no ty even though I'm being forced to go to work in an office with people wearing masks half the time they're there. I just can't do it, I don't know man.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

the pandemic is transmitting agorophobia along with the disease that makes your lungs look like meatloaf

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

Legos are an investment now, better get ready to withdrawal your savings.

this is no joke loving ucs millennium falcon going for $1200-1400.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Giga Gaia posted:

legoland owned bitch lmao gently caress you

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Koirhor posted:

this is no joke loving ucs millennium falcon going for $1200-1400.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FieJToFKc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Philosopher King posted:

Oh I'd like to, but they are taking all the grandchildren, including 2 of mine. And these kids see each other on a other daily basis. And I can't stop my in laws from going. Pregnant wife also wants to go to get out of the house.

I'm very much outvoted here and even if I told my family they couldn't go we'd already be compromised by these in laws, and the other grandchildren.

Kinda that too.

Look you gotta understand Americans literally will kill themselves if they are forced to stay indoors 24/7, they're not goons. They don't have that power. The productive process is to manage their risk, not eliminate it. Get em mask, sanitizer, what have you.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fragmaster voice: you are going to lego world? for what? to have sex?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Giga Gaia posted:

legoland owned bitch lmao gently caress you

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

awful lotta grown rear end adults excited about lego itt

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Taintrunner posted:

I hate America.

loving monsters

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
*princess elsa voice* legooooo, legooooo, legooo to lego land

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

*Doctor hurriedly wheeling you into a respirator, because he has 30 more patients coming in*

- this poor citizen! how did he get infected, is he an essential worker, is he one of our own medical heroes working hard against Covid?! we must save him

- well it says here he had to go to a park, I think Legoland, and joined his whole family

- :11tea:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dying for legos

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Philosopher King posted:

Oh I'd like to, but they are taking all the grandchildren, including 2 of mine. And these kids see each other on a other daily basis. And I can't stop my in laws from going.

They are only taking all of their grandchildren from going if you let them. You can't stop them from going but you can stop them from taking your kids. This will cause some strife and your kids will be sad and maybe you'll decide to say gently caress it and let them go but nobody is forcing this to happen.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

they're your kids lmbo holy gently caress entitled grandparents suck

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Great news everybody

https://twitter.com/markwbudde/status/1271913677143158784

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I had to get something from the mall today. lmao we're so hosed.

No you didn't. You chose to get something from the mall.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Philosopher King posted:

Oh I'd like to, but they are taking all the grandchildren, including 2 of mine. And these kids see each other on a other daily basis. And I can't stop my in laws from going. Pregnant wife also wants to go to get out of the house.

I'm very much outvoted here and even if I told my family they couldn't go we'd already be compromised by these in laws, and the other grandchildren.

Kinda that too.

This is your opportunity and obligation as a parent to do what's right for your kids

A day at a loving theme park is not even close to worth the risk

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress gently caress gently caress

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Tell them to eat your entire rear end and then you'll maybe consider letting them take your kids

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Thoguh posted:

No you didn't. You chose to get something from the mall.

fair

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Unless those kids stop seeing eachother its all sorta moot in my view, if they're goin to legoland now, you know they're playin fast & loose to begin with. ergo it probably doesn't make much of a difference in my view imo, mask em up.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Eating on a patio or having some friends over to the backyard for some burgers is moderate risk and beyond what im comfortable doing right now but I'm not gonna just mock the hell out of someone who does even if I think they are being needlessly stupid.

Going to a gym and posting about how it was full of dumbasses, or even considering going to a theme park or poo poo like that though... Just lmao.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

rip 2 ur fam

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

see if they have a ghana pallbearers kit at lego land

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr. Pizza posted:

rip 2 ur fam

this

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

see if they have a ghana pallbearers kit at lego land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
If you catch covid now you may get intubated before they run out of ICU space, so silver linings!