Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's nothing really stopping me from doing a mostly walking playthrough but I just don't have the willpower or time. If you offer me a truck and there's no real difference between walking and using the truck then I'm gonna take the truck because I'm weak.

What I really wanted was more rappelling, that was strangely satisfying whenever I had a place to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I’m having such a great time with this game. I just hit chapter 6 and got out of the shower with deadman. This game is phenomenal. I dunno if we are still doing spoilers but I’ll do them. The whole chapter 5 arc with Mama and meeting her baby, hearing her story, then helping her to release her baby only to have her die from it was really pretty heavy and I legit felt sad watching it all. Especially with BB watching what I was doing. And then chapter 6 starts and Deadman takes away my baby to possibly memory wipe it??? gently caress that idea. It’s crazy how connected the game lets you get to BB, and how much BB starts to grow and become funny and quirky in its own little ways. BB blows raspberries at me a lot and loves swimming in hot springs (legit the cutest loving thing ever).

I’ve built a zip line network from the mountain knot distro center all the way up to mountain knot city. I want to extend it all the way to the waystation and connect it somehow to my main highways. Is there a better route to zip line that goes directly over the mountains, and not around by the craftsman area? I have been reading the old pages of this thread and it’s great, but I don’t think I’m having the same experience as others when it comes to social building. There’s scattered structures, some roads, but I have built most all the road from lake knot down to south knot, and nearly all the zip lines. Kinda sucks.

Did the community ever figure out how the social stuff actually works behind the scenes? Seems like there was a lot of skepticism early on and the game might’ve been pulling tricks, or something, it would be interesting to know how it all (ie social road and zip line network building) actually works.

It’s definitely speeding up. I can’t get enough of it. It’s hard to not want to put the plot on hold to grind up gear from preppers. I got the backpack cover and that was both a not so bad grind but also fun and so worth it. I want to do all of the pizza deliveries too but I’m at the time fall farm one and have no idea how best to do it. Ideas on that would be helpful too.

Sorely sorta sad I missed out on this game’s heyday tbh.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 12, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Farm pizza delivery I did by just walking to the weather station, walking through the BTs to the road near the disto center, then just taking the road there. I built the roads early on so it was pretty easy there.

I only had one road segment completed by another player but they did supply between 1/3 and 1/2 the materials for other segments when the network was up.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Yeah, if you have the roads built the easiest way to get the pizza delivered is to walk towards the weather station and then cross down to the highway. I had a bridge someone built a little south off the weather station that made crossing the river very easy. If you don't have the roads built... Good luck! It's not hard to steer clear of mules and you can just take your time with BT zones or put on a speed skeleton and try to run through it but it will take time to make that walk.

The pizza guy can't be completed until almost the end of the game but the rewards are pretty useful for the last stretch imo. Not necessary but useful.

I'm in the last stages of getting a platinum on this game but I'm still having a lot of other players structures show up. I'm not sure how exactly it all works but I've definite had more ziplines show up with time (sometimes making my zipline path very confusing) and I got at least some support on the roads when I connected the network in those areas. I made a conscious effort to stop and manually smash the like button on anything useful and I think that may help more stuff show up? You can also delete other players structures and the game will replace them to whatever the cap is for online structures, so if you need more online ziplines try deleting stuff you don't need, like postboxes or loving safehouses literally right outside a distribution center.
At this point (post-game) I have three zipline routes that transfer between the mountain area and the rest of the central region. My initial route to cross into the mountains was from the South Knot Distribution Center to the weather station then up some online ziplines to the roboticist, which I used to build out all over the rest of the mountains.

If I had to pick an optimal one, building one from the timefall farm into the mountains gets you to a chunk of preppers, so that's probably the most efficient if you're running into bandwidth issues. Weather station up to the roboticist is central, which is nice. The Craftsman to the mountain district center was actually the last area I ziplined and it took a lot of units because there's a lot of wide open ground there between delivery locations. I didn't bother there because I built the road instead. I only built ziplines out there because I found a bunch of ziplines scattered around when I was grabbing the last of the memory chips.

I understand why it's designed that way but I hated the first area putting BT zones in a bottle neck and I can't imagine ranking up that area without ziplines. You can climb around the BTs in the forest and the beach near Capital Knot but I never found a way around the zone in the pass to Port Knot.

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Another tip for that pizza delivery is to clear out the mule camp before you pick up the goods. I suppose you could even do the same with the BT area between the weather station and the highway. I never tried that but I'm guessing if you're quick enough after defeating the big BT you could do that whole run without encountering any enemies.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

So are these Chilled Deliveries to the Dist Center North of Mountain Knot put in the game as a prank? Even with ziplines through the mountains for most of the way you have to pass through a short area outside of the snow to get to the Dist Center and the cargo always takes 20% damage in that short span. I've missed several S ranks on chilled deliveries here even after setting up what seems like a good zipline route.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

Jolo posted:

So are these Chilled Deliveries to the Dist Center North of Mountain Knot put in the game as a prank? Even with ziplines through the mountains for most of the way you have to pass through a short area outside of the snow to get to the Dist Center and the cargo always takes 20% damage in that short span. I've missed several S ranks on chilled deliveries here even after setting up what seems like a good zipline route.

They won't take damage in a truck.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Aphelion Necrology posted:

There it is. So parking a truck at a zipline exit and driving that last bit will fix where I'm screwing up.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

There are two conspicuously tall trees as you exit those mountains to the north and I've managed to put a zipline route directly to the center's doorstep right between them. Seems like that was planned.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Aphelion Necrology posted:

gently caress. Really?

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Midjack posted:

gently caress. Really?

Air conditioning bro.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

untzthatshit posted:

Air conditioning bro.

You know it's sci-fi when the delivery trucks have such modern conveniences as A/C.

I maintain the opinion that all trucks in game should have at least one thing on them broken, even when brand-new. "Oh, BT activity stopped the motor. That's okay, I'll just start it back up again." *click. click. click-click-click-click* "Uh-oh."

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Having things break down in odd ways or pop wheels due to timefall sounds like a decent sequel idea

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Having things break down in odd ways or pop wheels due to timefall sounds like a decent sequel idea

Hideo Kojima presents: Fighting your work vehicle pt. 167, or "gently caress, I told them about this last week!"

Japanese mail-man simulator, connect with the people on your route just so you can figure out their addresses. 1-chome-84, make it a Murakami cross-over.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Do a strand-based AAA system where you can call for repairs on a stranded (heyyyohhhh!) vehicle and it spawns a mission to bring a spare tire or some poo poo to your location for a random player.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

*codec sound*
goodyouarehereitsveydarkhereverycoldweneedyoutodeliverapackageaveryspecialpackagetoLakeCity
*flicks ashes off of sheep suit*
wewouldlikeitifyoudid

DS, but the Cliff segments are WW2 flashbacks from The Wind-up Bird Chronicles.

I'd play it.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Do a strand-based AAA system where you can call for repairs on a stranded (heyyyohhhh!) vehicle and it spawns a mission to bring a spare tire or some poo poo to your location for a random player.

Speakin' my language right there.

Ok. Snowrunner/DS/Murakami crossover.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
From the PS5 reveal- "Pragmata" has some major Death Stranding vibes... Would Kojima make a game with Capcom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K0LQ9C9euY

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Noticed a few things as I'm wrapping up the last few things for the Platinum trophy here:

If you select an item to fabricate, in the lower left corner there's a checkmark if you've made that before and a blank square if you haven't. I was just building one of everything to be sure and then I noticed.

It took me way too long to realize that you can see where an item is equipped from the equip weapons/items menu. If you're playing a decent distance from the tv it's easy to miss. This can come in handy when you have a PCC with 70% damage on your arm and one with 15% damage on your hip. When you select the item in a small dark blue font to the upper right of the item will be "Right Shoulder" "Carried on Back" "In Grenade Pouch". I didn't notice this for the first 90 hours.

Also, hey, you haven't delivered to the Elder in a while have you? Maybe see if he needs another med shipment sometime.

edit: Holy hell, I literally JUST this moment, 120 hours into the game noticed that there are x/y coordinates in the upper right hand corner of the map under the word Online. I thought a lot of these memory chips would be easier to find with that info but figured it was left out of the game intentionally to encourage really analyzing and identifying specific mountains and things on the map.

Jolo fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 12, 2020

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Jolo posted:

Also, hey, you haven't delivered to the Elder in a while have you? Maybe see if he needs another med shipment sometime.

:smith:

night slime
May 14, 2014
It's cool, guy went out with like 200 pounds of sleeping pills and becomes the only chill BT in the game because of it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Ok chapter 7 was nuts and at the start of chapter 8, when talking with deadman, if that bit about Lucy is really right then... I mean that’s a huge loving reveal about BB??

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I platinum'd the game earlier this year and I am debating on picking this game back up for another lap. Life has been rough and I need this game again. I wonder if I will still keep other delivers on the network involved in my fresh new game? I do not want to leave behind the people I helped when I got 100% but I am sure they moved on like I have.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

I platinum'd the game earlier this year and I am debating on picking this game back up for another lap. Life has been rough and I need this game again. I wonder if I will still keep other delivers on the network involved in my fresh new game? I do not want to leave behind the people I helped when I got 100% but I am sure they moved on like I have.

The PC version release next month. I too found this game to be pretty zen a lot of the time. I'd be curious to see a writeup on how the decay actually works on structures and vehicles in the game. I left a truck over by the waterfall area and it was at about 95% damaged (nearly destroyed) when I was probably 30-35 hours into the game but yet I passed by it when playing earlier today and it was still there at about 118 hours. I got messages about having too many vehicles but that one stuck around for the long haul.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Yeah I have a PC that can run it and then some and I would like to buy the game again. But Ill stick to PS4.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I like playing games on console first where I struggle and try hard to beat it, and figure things out. Then when the PC version comes out, I cheat like crazy and exploit/explore to my hearts content. Can't wait to play DS on PC.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I'm buying as soon as someone figures out how to mod in the Katamari Damacy soundtrack to replace all of the sad boy music in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm gonna imagine the game will be compressed into large .pak files as many PS4-era ports are, unless Decima was redesigned from the ground up for PC. Modding the game probably will be a crapshoot, it all depends on if people figure out how to decrypt the pak files and if whatever's inside them can be replaced and re-encrypted without breaking things. It'll be interesting to see if the online functionality has some kind of anti-cheat implemented, because the PS4 version sure doesn't. One of my Bridge Links is a guy with 0 completed deliveries but a full purple star and like hundreds of millions of Likes. There's no way you can really be malicious with the online features in this game so they probably won't bother.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 13, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

How would you even get that done? Just walk around putting signs up at every distro center exit?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blind Rasputin posted:

How would you even get that done? Just walk around putting signs up at every distro center exit?

You would need to complete deliveries to be able to leave the starting region so it certainly couldn't be even most distro centres or facilities.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I started a fresh game while some friends who never seen the game before kinda watched as we cooked out and drank beers. I kinda let the controller pass a bit during the intro and I can confirm you keep some of your online members. But just like on a normal playthrough you need to unlock the chiral network for them to open up. I'm glad to see some of my online friends do still progress even months after the game was released. :smith: Sorry I have been gone for awhile stranger internet friends.

E- Oh god it deleted my 100% file! NO!

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 13, 2020

night slime
May 14, 2014
Quickly stop playing and see if you can get it back from the autosaves or prior manual saves. You need to make a new PSN profile to play the game safely without old file deletion.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CJacobs posted:

I'm gonna imagine the game will be compressed into large .pak files as many PS4-era ports are, unless Decima was redesigned from the ground up for PC. Modding the game probably will be a crapshoot, it all depends on if people figure out how to decrypt the pak files and if whatever's inside them can be replaced and re-encrypted without breaking things. It'll be interesting to see if the online functionality has some kind of anti-cheat implemented, because the PS4 version sure doesn't. One of my Bridge Links is a guy with 0 completed deliveries but a full purple star and like hundreds of millions of Likes. There's no way you can really be malicious with the online features in this game so they probably won't bother.

God, I hope not. Microsoft Game Pass on the PC kicked me off playing AOE2 campaign with cheats, like WTF? It's single player.

I'm just hoping they do a hack for "unlimited build" and maybe a mega jump, moon jump. I just like jumping really high when you're not supposed to.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zub0rtymn8

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Just got the gold backpack cover, south knot to level 5, and the level 2 battery pack. loving chapter 8 let’s go!

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I just had this happen trying to take a shortcut off a raised part of the highway. I thought I was close enough to the ground, drove off the edge and immediately got thrown out of the truck, ran back to grab my stuff as had it explode right in my face. Gave my wife a good laugh.

I've been goofing around with the speed skeleton and the stabilizer in the post game and the jump on these things is insane. You can't really take advantage of it with a full load but if you're only carrying about half your max weight (floating carriers let you cheat around that a bit) you can use the long jump to make some crazy manuevers and cross some big gaps or speed through some really rough terrain by just jumping through all of it.

On the other hand I missed one jump in the area near the Collector, fell straight into a crevasse and immediately died. So some risks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That whole rift area near the Collector and in the MULE camp is very inviting for trike jumps but very poor for actually making them. So many little bumps and rocks and uneven terrain that ruin your angle and speed. Went around or used bridges after falling in on two separate occasions.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The first time I came upon that area I was getting to the junk collector on foot and using the map w/ tilt to plan my route. It was such a huge environmental puzzle. I didn’t know about the areas easy to cross yet, there was no network bridges, mules everywhere... it was pretty hard! There is some really awesome environmental puzzling here. Getting to Heartman’s lab was another. The first time I tried to scale the mountain behind the Doctor and got so turbofucked. Then I realized I could approach via the robotocist and made it. That was still very harrowing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This trailer for a new game by the Goat Sim devs seems relevant to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55-suaUixy0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

AxeManiac posted:

God, I hope not. Microsoft Game Pass on the PC kicked me off playing AOE2 campaign with cheats, like WTF? It's single player.

I'm just hoping they do a hack for "unlimited build" and maybe a mega jump, moon jump. I just like jumping really high when you're not supposed to.

The speed skeleton jump is already like a cheat code but if someone modded in a big jump that doesn't reduce your momentum it would turn the game into Sonic