Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

A summoner guide I'm reading says that you need two classes at 75 to get Stella Walls. I don't have two classes at 75 so I cannot confirm but I'm guessing these are the units you're talking about.

Well that guide is written for the Japanese version, so a fair amount of it may be inaccurate. There are no 12* Stella Walls available yet. If you want 12* your only option is Ray units, which drop from ultimate quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Why doesn't slideburst have i-frames :(

It's such a cool action movie move.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really don't dig the art style as much as in PSO1. Things feel kind of generic. I really liked how all the Dark/Photon stuff looked in the first one, with the pulsing undulating neon bits. It gave a really cool vibe.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Oh hey friends have you heard the good word about :snoop:Batch Identify:snoop:???

If you hold down shift you can select multiple ?boxes to identify everything in one go, so long as you don't mind them all having the same element and bonus affix!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

There's definitely some UI shortcomings/messyness, but I do appreciate that there's shift/ctrl selecting stuff in a lot of contexts. It's even designed that if you select all of your weapon inventory and dump it into storage, it doesn't do something dumb like remove your equipped weapons.

There is some wonkyness to storage behavior I don't like - it will always default to the general storage, so I'll have to manually switch to "all storage" and there's no easy way to consolidate split stacks between general and character storages. Also the search box will always have what I searched last, even if I try to clear it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GaylordButts posted:

Oh hey friends have you heard the good word about :snoop:Batch Identify:snoop:???

If you hold down shift you can select multiple ?boxes to identify everything in one go, so long as you don't mind them all having the same element and bonus affix!

Thank you so much for the timely notification; the unidentified stuff has been piling up in my storage and I wasn't looking forward to doing it all one by one.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Numberwang!!! posted:

I know I'm just screaming into the void here, but is there a reason people undercut your price by 25% instead of 1%???

All it does is permanently reduce the price. People are going to buy the lowest price item no matter what...

People who are bad at economics and think "well if I drop it by a lot it sells even faster" or "well it dropped so it was free."

THE loving MOON posted:

Take it a step further and flick the last digit down by one and you can reverse price-is-right everyone on the ship :shepface:

This is how I make my money.

GaylordButts posted:

You can also do this to bulk store/retrieve/sell items too.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Revitalized posted:

Why doesn't slideburst have i-frames :(

It's such a cool action movie move.

The good news is when crafting is released in August it makes slideburst into a very good ability with iframes.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay just trying it out and I'm a bouncer kicking a bunch of poo poo but then I found a really good soaring blade or something so that's in there, trying not to pick up insufficiently shiny things because this inventory management blows. Is there a particular activity I should be doing? Any particular items I should be collecting?

Zushio
May 8, 2008
You can dump stuff to storage from anywhere, even midmission on a field.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Caidin posted:

Okay just trying it out and I'm a bouncer kicking a bunch of poo poo but then I found a really good soaring blade or something so that's in there, trying not to pick up insufficiently shiny things because this inventory management blows. Is there a particular activity I should be doing? Any particular items I should be collecting?

Depends on your level. If you're fairly low level, take client orders relevant to the current newest exploration quest that you unlocked, and do clear that. If you talk to the green haired lady right next to the gateway ship entrance she'll give you a 15,000 exp ticket for your first clear of every exploration area.

As for items, it again depends on your level, but until you get into about super hard level difficulty, just equip what has the bigger number. That'll change when you get closer to the endgame, but for now that's all you gotta worry about.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

Depends on your level. If you're fairly low level, take client orders relevant to the current newest exploration quest that you unlocked, and do clear that. If you talk to the green haired lady right next to the gateway ship entrance she'll give you a 15,000 exp ticket for your first clear of every exploration area.

As for items, it again depends on your level, but until you get into about super hard level difficulty, just equip what has the bigger number. That'll change when you get closer to the endgame, but for now that's all you gotta worry about.

Okay cool, uh looking at this mission tier thing, it says I need a ticket or something to get at the bottom gold prizes unless I misunderstood? Where do I get one of those?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Caidin posted:

Okay cool, uh looking at this mission tier thing, it says I need a ticket or something to get at the bottom gold prizes unless I misunderstood? Where do I get one of those?

Oh, that comes with either a month of Premium, or can be bought on its own with 200 Star Gems in the SG shop accessible in the menu. If you ever need star gems, the story gives a massive amount of them. Although I wouldn't waste them on every single thing in fresh finds or anything, the repeatable sources of star gems are fairly scarce right now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Caidin posted:

Gold Mission Pass, 200SG in the SG shop (menu/shop/etc), then use it from your inventory. Pretty sure you get at least 200SG from the pass rewards itself so if you're even remotely diligent in getting it done it pays for itself well enough.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
is there much of a goon presence on Ship 3 or am i looking at buying a server transfer in the future when my IRL pals inevitably get bored? running VHAQs alone or with NPCs is hard and i've had no luck with parties today

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Million Ghosts posted:

is there much of a goon presence on Ship 3 or am i looking at buying a server transfer in the future when my IRL pals inevitably get bored? running VHAQs alone or with NPCs is hard and i've had no luck with parties today

You done goofed.

You could make an alternate character on ship 2, that's what my friend went with.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
what, are server transfer just not something PSO2 does? i don't care about spending cash for it eventually, but if it's not an option then gently caress that's pretty sad for a game this old

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Million Ghosts posted:

what, are server transfer just not something PSO2 does? i don't care about spending cash for it eventually, but if it's not an option then gently caress that's pretty sad for a game this old

It's a thing in the JP version ($7 per transfer), but weirdly it's not in NA right now, no word if we're gonna ever get it.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
So is there a way to tell when I should use the expensive appraisal option? Or is it just "when you stop caring about meseta"?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

So is there a way to tell when I should use the expensive appraisal option? Or is it just "when you stop caring about meseta"?

When you're appraising 13* weapons. You can tell if it's a 13* because the drop notification will be nuts, as well as the question mark on the item info window will be rainbow colored.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

orange juche posted:

When you're appraising 13* weapons. You can tell if it's a 13* because the drop notification will be nuts, as well as the question mark on the item info window will be rainbow colored.

15* stuff enters the realm of comedy with its notification, particle effects on the item drop, and the gold icon at the tekker.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

There is some wonkyness to storage behavior I don't like - it will always default to the general storage, so I'll have to manually switch to "all storage"

There's a setting in the options menu to pick your default storage!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Surprise Noodle posted:

There's a setting in the options menu to pick your default storage!

Oh, good to know.

Also apparently my install finally decided to explode or something. Not really sure what's going on but the game doesn't want to launch, been using the tweaker, thought i ran the stuff to fix file permissions. I don't even think it was after a restart either - it just kinda broke overnight with no evidence of a reboot.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I really wish the auto-pickup also had an option for 10* and above, instead of just 13* and up for weapons, and 12* and up for units. It'd save me the hassle of scrounging around through the 7-9* trash.

I gotta get those cubes.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I always grab every red I see, no matter what. I wish there was an auto loot setting for that.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

wtf, so the tweaker won't launch the game, I tried the various troubleshooting buttons, tried running the launcher manually, it tries to update but gives me an error 17, which people say is either a disk space problem (I have 489 gigs free) or permission issue? But I've done the tweaker permission crap.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 14, 2020

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Might be worth completely re-installing. The MS Store is such poo poo there’s no telling what it’s done. Sometimes when you buy things for the game it decides to “update” (which completely destroys) the download. The Tweaker does what it does well but it can’t handle MS Store’s crazy poo poo sometimes. Sometimes MS moves the directory or shoves all the game files into a MutableBackups folder.

When it’s out on Steam I think all these problems will be fixed because the problems are never with the Tweaker or with the PSO2 files themselves it’s always MS poo poo.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
after the last update i had to completely wipe the MutableBackups folder with WizTree twice to get it to stick, hunt down a bunch of stray bullshit files, and do a full Tweaker install to get it to work. noting that if you botch any step the whole thing is hosed and you have to start again, including a full re-download

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, ended up doing a fresh install following this guide - thankfully one of the steps seems to automate the cleanup that gets rid of the mutablebackups stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

^ I also had to do all this when my game randomly decided to nuke itself. It's a colossal pain in the rear end and if I wasn't having so much fun with the game I would've said gently caress it and moved on.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This game feels like it was made in 2002, not 2012.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The whole Magatsu fight is weird and dumb and I love it. Using Sudden Mecha to fight golden Magatsu is weird and dumb and I love it.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Weird, Dumb and I Love It

:allears:

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
Well I hate Magatsu.

I've fought that golden bastard 4 times on Super Hard and still haven't beaten him.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PepsimanVsJoe posted:

Well I hate Magatsu.

I've fought that golden bastard 4 times on Super Hard and still haven't beaten him.

Same. It didn't seem that hard to kill all 3 on Very Hard, but on Super Hard I've yet to get a group that can do better than 2 out of 3.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
These posts about the tweaker are making me nervous, I started getting the elevation error today so I decided to reinstall with the tweaker and now I'm hoping I didn't screw things up...

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

Same. It didn't seem that hard to kill all 3 on Very Hard, but on Super Hard I've yet to get a group that can do better than 2 out of 3.

there seems to be a bug in the NA servers where enemy hp in super hard is too high. there are some details here

quote:

The issue with the HP values on SH is more that it's an absolutely massive leap in difficulty compared to VH unlike on JP servers where the HP values were mostly a gradual curve until XH which is when you would be able to equip 13*s and have most of your skills. A lower difficulty should not be harder than a higher difficulty (in terms of stat values). You can still probably clear it with a good enough group, sure, but that's not the point.

For example, Luther's HP across all difficulties on JP servers looks like this (rough values):

XH: 25m

SH: 13m

VH: 7m

There's a nice clean increase between each difficulty.

But on NA, Luther looks like this:

XH: 25m

SH: 39m (estimate)

VH: 7m

It doesn't take a genius to realize that something is wrong here..

PepsimanVsJoe
Nov 16, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised.

Just watched a couple Magatsu fights on youtube, and the players cleared Extremely Hard with over a minute to spare.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sounds like a lot of rangers ain’t putting up their -def buffs and a lot of FO/TE/BO aren’t buffing!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Couple of very different questions:

What's the word on how often respec tickets are handed out? I made a small mistake on my gunner skills - not enough to want to buy a respec, but I'd want it fixed at some point.

-Is there anything I need to know about running AQ? I've done a few with my friends, and it seems mostly straightforward, but also I saw a dude in my alliance flip about a guy in his party who wasn't doing something right so I'm wondering if there's some sort of expected way to do them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Vitamean posted:

Couple of very different questions:

What's the word on how often respec tickets are handed out? I made a small mistake on my gunner skills - not enough to want to buy a respec, but I'd want it fixed at some point.

-Is there anything I need to know about running AQ? I've done a few with my friends, and it seems mostly straightforward, but also I saw a dude in my alliance flip about a guy in his party who wasn't doing something right so I'm wondering if there's some sort of expected way to do them.

if there's a major balance patch before ep4, possibly then, but otherwise unless the folks running NA are uniquely lovely about respecs it's practically guaranteed you'll get one when ep4 rolls around in august