Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Fallom posted:

would you recommend it to someone who just spent 40 hours beating elex

Only if you thought Elex could have used some survival elements like hunger, thirst, heat, cold and the inability to save manually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hello i've been in godawful work meetings all morning, is the scifi space salvager work sim out yet

(e)answer: yes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Booo, no 21:9 aspect ratio support? :mad:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Earthbreakers, a C&C Renegade-like from Petroglyph is getting a pre-alpha demo today, tentatively excited cause I always look forward to whatever these guys do next.

Old trailer but you get the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_XBsd8iNA

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Deakul posted:

, a C&C Renegade-like from Petroglyph

Put this up for preorder right now and I will mash that button so god drat hard.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

EXO ONE has a demo out for the steam summer festival thingy. I backed this game on kickstarter and played one of the earliest demos and it's INCREDIBLY rad, you're basically a flying sphere going through all kinds of weird planets.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Iron Harvest aka Company of Heroes with mechs also has a demo out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anyone making a thread for Shipbreakers?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Booo, no 21:9 aspect ratio support? :mad:

You can choose ultrawide as a resolution but it will break the upgrade menus and the end of shift summary gets cut off on the bottom.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Obsidian’s next game, Grounded, also has a demo. I’m not usually much of a crafting game person but I like the Honey I Shrunk the Kids aesthetic here so I’ll give it a shot.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

tight aspirations posted:

Steam Economy Enhancer's pretty decent for listing them, and steam seems to have given up the need for authenticating each card sale on the market.

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Anno posted:

Obsidian’s next game, Grounded, also has a demo. I’m not usually much of a crafting game person but I like the Honey I Shrunk the Kids aesthetic here so I’ll give it a shot.

"there's no way this game doesn't have some giant horrible spider in it," i thought watching the trailer

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Supposedly getting a demo for THE RIFTBREAKER today (not to be confused with SHIPBREAKER Edit: Or EARTHBREAKERS lmao) which is that kinda cool looking ARPG with mechs.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Steam Game Festival has launched. man that's a lot of demos

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Havent played it yet but Shipbreakers looks like Viscera Cleanup Detail mixed with Revengeance. Am i close to the mark with that one?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Yakuza 7 (the JRPG) is coming to Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9rx8zbxbFk

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I was wondering why all the sudden there were a shitmillion demos today.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

StrixNebulosa posted:

EXO ONE has a demo out for the steam summer festival thingy. I backed this game on kickstarter and played one of the earliest demos and it's INCREDIBLY rad, you're basically a flying sphere going through all kinds of weird planets.

this is pretty fun and chill

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, Everspace 2 is on that demo list but there isn't one.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

WHERE'S THE WINDJAMMERS 2 DEMO STEAM

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mordja posted:

Yeah I think they're slowly rolling out demos throughout the day or something because there's a few in the demo list that don't have demos up yet.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

StrixNebulosa posted:

it's basically a sci-fi thatgamecompany game, with major vibes of both Flower and Journey. demo is excellent

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Mordja posted:

Iron Harvest aka Company of Heroes with mechs also has a demo out.

I've heard this one is decent and the multiplayer is actually good, looking forward to it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

WHERE'S THE WINDJAMMERS 2 DEMO STEAM

it's there, I got it through the Game Festival page on Steam if you scroll to Windjammers 2 on it, there's an Install Demo option. Game is loving rad, can't believe this plus SOR4 both are in the same year. Dotemu is loving killing it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

I will also admit to backing this game & I haven’t tried this demo specifically but I’ve been very happy with the betas he’s released so far.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the skateboarding bird has a demo.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/971030/SkateBIRD/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Anyone making a thread for Shipbreakers?

I was thinking about it but ugh, long term thread maintenance (/me stares at abandoned Star Traders thread when it reappears once in a while :v:)

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Mordja posted:

None of the games in my "recommended demos for you" have demos available. Like third of games I'd be interested in lack a demo so far.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

humble put out a BLM bundle. It's got Baba is You and a lot filler. I would have got it if it came out two weeks ago but the donations I've made so far were above my means already.

Maybe someone else might like it though, it's still for a good cause.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

It seems like some demos are still rolling out. There are some recommended games for me that don't have a demo yet like the Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk game announced in the PC Gamer stream Saturday.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Call Your Grandma posted:

humble put out a BLM bundle. It's got Baba is You and a lot filler. I would have got it if it came out two weeks ago but the donations I've made so far were above my means already.

Maybe someone else might like it though, it's still for a good cause.

Plenty of good stuff, but I already own most of it.
https://www.humblebundle.com/fight-for-racial-justice-bundle?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_1

Baba Is You
Hyper Light Drifter
The Jackbox Party Pack 4
Spelunky
Football Manager 2020
Kerbal Space Program
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
NBA 2K20
FTL: Advanced Edition
BioShock™ Remastered
This War of Mine
Surviving Mars
SUPER TIME FORCE ULTRA
Elite Dangerous

and lots of more for $30

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 16, 2020

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Windjammers 2? What the heck, we live in the wildest timeline.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Anno posted:

You know, I wasn't hating this one and I kind of despise busy work survival games.

The premise probably helps but it just felt really inviting and made me want to explore its world, too bad it's a loving timed demo in TYOOL 2020.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

StrixNebulosa posted:

This poo poo is rad.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if that humble bundle was cheaper i would get it just to finally get a pc copy of spelunky but i already have all the bigger stuff that would make me want to drop $30

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol holy gently caress a SOLDAT 2 game is coming and has a demo out

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shipbreaker seems pretty cool from what I've seen so far, I like the backwoods vibe with the guitar noodling and the set up for the story before you get started. I am curious to see how they keep things interesting as you progress through the game, from what I hear while there are a finite amount of ship designs the interiors are somewhat procedurally generated which is neat.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Awesome! posted:

if that humble bundle was cheaper i would get it just to finally get a pc copy of spelunky but i already have all the bigger stuff that would make me want to drop $30

Same but with Titan Quest.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want to try the Spiritfarer demo but it won't download, rip, guess this is a Windjammers 2 kind of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DLC Inc posted:

lol holy gently caress a SOLDAT 2 game is coming and has a demo out

That demo's been out for a while now and yeah it's Soldat all right, aka a lot of fun. Slight and SP only tho. Anyway, Everspace 2 demo is also out now, giving that an install.