Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Blergh

At least I have better control over this crew now. After Earth it's two :black101: the rest of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Time to get this fiesta started.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Received Lamia Harp!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Too lazy to gently caress with Omega. Another one on the pile for me/apop's toxxes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Poque posted:

Received Lamia Harp!

You can't !Throw Harps :eng101:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Work is getting in the way of Fiesta. But I've started at least.

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

I'm level 28, I just finished Byblos. I have 3 berserkers. I envy the dead.

I welcome any tips or links to a 4zerk guide in advance because I am sure that's what I'm gonna get for my fourth job, just... sure of it.

I'll probably hop on the discord and ask for advice if I get stuck. I've done sandworm with 4 zerks. I did a 4 zerk run a while back, but it's all sort of a fever dream and I forget the things I need to know each time. Back to the grind.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

My savefile just loving disappeared and I think I might have to take a break for a short while.

What emulator are you using? Were you using save states, normal saves, or both?

SNES saves are a .srm file so maybe that'll help you find it?

A lot of phone emulators also let you back up your save on your Google drive.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 16, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Lol first time playing the game, with a chaos risk run. Gilga has decreed my first class is... Berserker.

Can someone tell me what to do and when to reveal my second class?
Sorry I'm a stupid newbie

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS, AGAIN :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Getting good screenshots was tough because I decided my zerker should have a cool sword.

Shinryu eating dirt

Krile living larger than any Zerker has before

NED's Ragnarok being redistributed to the working class Knight.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Lol first time playing the game, with a chaos risk run. Gilga has decreed my first class is... Berserker.

Technically you reveal and can equip your water job after beating walse tower, fire after beating karnak castle, and earth after beating ronka ruins. A lot of people just reveal their jobs in advance though, so they can better plan.

JibberJabberwocky
Mar 24, 2012

Edit durr ignore me.

General zerk tip if you're stuck with just zerks is is "just grind. Grind to like 25-30 on Nakks outside Karnak, use the money for gear and rods for others" and if you have to 4zerk sandman, be ready to spend a while, consider job fair. I might if I get a fourth zerk

JibberJabberwocky fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 16, 2020

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Communist Thoughts posted:

You're freelancer until the Water Tower since you don't have your wind Crystal Job

If you unlock your water crystal Job and it's something from Fire or Earth - congrats because you're on quadzerker until that point. Have fun with Liquidflame

If you unlock Water Crystal and you get something from wind or Water, then you're back on 'normal' -ish track. You must always have one zerker and one of your water job at all times.

Nothing is really stopping you from getting your #water #fire #earth jobs in advance so you can plan if you need to buy spells/rods and pre-gear. When I started my run I just go ahead and unlock those all up front and potentially cry like I did when I pulled MNK/RDM/GEO/DRG :smith:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 16, 2020

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
Question about beserker risk, does it apply to all play throughs or just the first run?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Losem posted:

Question about beserker risk, does it apply to all play throughs or just the first run?

Just the first, and only if you prereg

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Just the first, and only if you prereg

And if you just do a normal #reg with no chaos, you can still only get one berserker. The people running Random or Chaos are the only ones who get multiples.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

So I got Black Mage/Zerk/Blue Mage/Zerk as my party, and honestly I don't feel too bad about it. 2 Zerks is a pretty big liability but both Blue and Black are really strong classes, so I think I should be able to pull through. And honestly, I kind of want to do a second run this year if the berserkers don't frustrate me too much.

And playing with Berserkers confirms that yeah, I like Red Mage as a class way more. Berserker only does damage, and even then it doesn't really do that particularly well, what with the constant misses, random targeting, and huge damage range. It's like a slot machine with every attack! I'm hoping they'll get way better once I can pick up the Rune Axe or Gaia Hammer and slap Black 6 on them? Right now the only thing they've got going for them is the 33% chance of death on Death Sickle. And that's only on one of them, because it took way too long to grab the first one.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

There's a secret command that lets you sign up for quadzerks if that's a thing you want to do.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I really wish there was a pure chaos option without freelancer/mime. I don't like doubling up on jobs but I like those classes even less.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm honestly surprised that #NoDupes isn't just an option you can add to any of the dupe runs.

At any rate, if you go pure chaos your chances of not getting either of those is about 66%. So the odds are in your favor, at least.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

JibberJabberwocky posted:

I'm level 28, I just finished Byblos. I have 3 berserkers. I envy the dead.

I welcome any tips or links to a 4zerk guide in advance because I am sure that's what I'm gonna get for my fourth job, just... sure of it.

I'll probably hop on the discord and ask for advice if I get stuck. I've done sandworm with 4 zerks. I did a 4 zerk run a while back, but it's all sort of a fever dream and I forget the things I need to know each time. Back to the grind.

If you're quadzerk for Sandworm, expect to get into the low 40s to have a shot. I was 42 I think. Had enough money to buy rings and grinded levels on Mini Dragons.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
So glad to see this kicked off early. I've got the day off and can sink some time in to my first play through!

First class is monk.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
Guess I just got lucky getting my 3rd out of 8 jobs being beserker. Now I'm a bit more worried about this #forbidden run but I can't lose blue mage and summoner so I imagine even with my lack luster play I could still figure a way to do finish this. Worst case scenario I'll just brute force it and grind.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arzaac posted:

I'm honestly surprised that #NoDupes isn't just an option you can add to any of the dupe runs.

At any rate, if you go pure chaos your chances of not getting either of those is about 66%. So the odds are in your favor, at least.

Plus Mime is good as hell, why don't you want Mime?

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Arzaac posted:

And playing with Berserkers confirms that yeah, I like Red Mage as a class way more. Berserker only does damage, and even then it doesn't really do that particularly well, what with the constant misses, random targeting, and huge damage range. It's like a slot machine with every attack! I'm hoping they'll get way better once I can pick up the Rune Axe or Gaia Hammer and slap Black 6 on them? Right now the only thing they've got going for them is the 33% chance of death on Death Sickle. And that's only on one of them, because it took way too long to grab the first one.

Just give them knives unless you have a really good gimmick axe for them. Knives are much more accurate and reliable than axes, and you can boost them further if you have a job that passes on Agility.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Kyrosiris posted:

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

:toxx:
$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Summoner/Berserker/Monk/Black Mage. Double crown, Omega turned out to be too much trouble :argh:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I remember last year a thing that generated a customized spoiler sheet for your classes, but I can't find it in the OP.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

:toot:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

I remember last year a thing that generated a customized spoiler sheet for your classes, but I can't find it in the OP.

Enkibot

DollyDagger
Dec 31, 2007
So I got black mage/monk/beserker/mystic knight. Black mage is so good I don't mind also getting monk and beserker, but I am wondering what ability mystic knight is going to want? Barehanded or Black 6 or 30% health?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Thank you!

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I've got Freelancer/Berserker/Mystic Knight/Dragoon from my Pure Chaos RISK.

Feels kind of bad with nothing useful to put on Berserker, but Freelancer start is amusing. Katana + Bell + Whip at one point right after Magissa. Quickly swapped Bell to a Healing Rod, but still.

Can I triple crown with this? Never killed either optional superboss before.

Do I qualify to pull off any weird toxxes?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

DollyDagger posted:

So I got black mage/monk/beserker/mystic knight. Black mage is so good I don't mind also getting monk and beserker, but I am wondering what ability mystic knight is going to want? Barehanded or Black 6 or 30% health?

barehanded will give the mystic knight monk strength regardless of whether or not you're actually attacking with your fists so i'd use that tbh

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Vadun posted:

Feels kind of bad with nothing useful to put on Berserker, but Freelancer start is amusing. Katana + Bell + Whip at one point right after Magissa. Quickly swapped Bell to a Healing Rod, but still.

Triple Crown is definitely doable, Mystic Knight helps a lot with Omega and for Shinryu you can do some really dirty things with Freelancer.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Vadun posted:

You can definitely take out Shinryu with by using the Wonder Wand to Berserk him and then attacking with Apollo's Harp. Omega is a little more iffy.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Vadun posted:

It won't be the easiest triple crown, but you have a reliable way to damage Omega with big numbers and you can lay the hurt on Shinryu with Dragon Lances.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Aithon posted:

Just give them knives unless you have a really good gimmick axe for them. Knives are much more accurate and reliable than axes, and you can boost them further if you have a job that passes on Agility.

IIRC agility scaling on knives is pretty minimal to nearly-nonexistent. Granted, having more agility on your berserkers is useful, it's just not directly upping your damage really any more than it is for axes (through faster ATB speeds, that is). It makes sense to use knives for consistency, I'm kind of curious how the damage works out over time when compared to the more accurate but lower damage knives.

Also granted, Doom Axes work on way more things than you would think, so that in and of itself has use. If you pull any sort of caster you can make pretty good work with the Rune Axe and Gaia Hammer (Either by the zerker subbed with a caster, or by a caster with Equip Axes). Axes are pretty legit for a lot of classes that can work around the drawbacks (blu gob punches, Ranger aim) and the strength/stamina steroid from the skill really helps some classes (early game if you pull whm/zerk or chaos zerk/time pre holy/comet for a little big more umph, Dancers, thieves, Ninja if you don't have a caster to feed em +Magic or Ranger Rapidfire)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, taking a look at the algorithm again, the only knife that actually uses agility in any significant way is the Chicken Knife. So I'm skeptical that switching to knives will actually do anything, especially when we're looking at Death Sickle vs Mage Masher.

And unfortunately, due to my pretty mage heavy party comp, the only relevant abilities I can throw on my Berserker are Black or Blue. So things might be a bit hairy until I can get either of the magic weapons for Berserker.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

ACAB and his friends unlocked all the crystals last night, and are in for an okay time: Monk, Zerk, Geo, Dancer. Already higher level than when I beat it last year with Time, Geo, Sam, and Thief.

Thanks for the guides and everything, I've got a few death axes and got the ribbon from Karnak, looking forward to hacking down an evil tree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bartz is an extremely funny name, I'm not even gonna rename this guy

This chocobo is mvp so far

E The gba music was nasty, the snes music is great but this translation hack is deffo gonna destroy my progress at some point

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 16, 2020