Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

curiousTerminal posted:

There are 12 episodes of Season 7, and only 4 of them aren't team challenges.Now I remember why nobody liked this season.

Also Drag Race Canada looks so good. The colors on the judge backdrop actually change!! That stage looks so good!!! Brooke Lynn is there and she is great! Maybe we'll actually get drag queen guest judges because Ru isn't there!

Michelle Dubarry, world's oldest drag queen is there as a guest judge (I'm guessing the Priyanka "she's a drag legend!" is about her instead of Rita) - fun fact, a great uncle of mine once had a long relationship with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Season 8... just watch that video for The Realness. ICONIQUE

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hug in a Can posted:

Shea Coulee gave a powerful speech yesterday at Chicago’s Drag March For Change.

Pearl posted this video clip with the speech’s climax.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBcIvmnJzGT/?igshid=1wzdlkilgayoa
“Black people: I want you to look around you at everything here. We built this! And I shouldn’t have to stand here on a loudspeaker and ask you for loving permission to walk through the door!”

Although she’s not a drag queen, I want to share this earthquake of a speech about uplifting black trans women from Chicago’s Zola. (Shea co-signed it if you need a reason to at least watch 2 minutes.)
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBcKaJrgui4/?igshid=1s5ey6zzbuatv

Honestly can't think of someone better to spearhead a movement. Shea's command of the stage and the way she communicates is just incredible.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

GrandmaParty posted:

You gotta look up the angele anang/kana warrior lip sync if you haven't seen it already.

I unfortunately have not seen Drag Race Thailand! Is there a good place to view it (either paid or for free) with English subtitles? I'd also most likely need some sort of blog or Reddit threads that explain any cultural references, aha.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Read After Burning posted:

I unfortunately have not seen Drag Race Thailand! Is there a good place to view it (either paid or for free) with English subtitles? I'd also most likely need some sort of blog or Reddit threads that explain any cultural references, aha.

Look up KudaLakorn DRT. This is a fansub that does a better job translating than the WOW Plus one. They also explain cultural references.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

If you're in Canada, it's also available on OutTV.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cute Alyssa video:

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1272627438237872129?s=19

But mainly I posted this as an excuse to talk about how I will never stop finding it beyond hilarious that Alyssa's handle on social media is AlyssaEdwards_1

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Here's the direct link. And Kuda does a great job of explaining the cultural references.

https://kudalakorn.club/drt-list

If you just want to see the lip sync, it's here

The drama of it is amazing. Kana loving lip syncs more than any other drag race contestant besides Kameron Michaels. Upon lip syncing against her friend, Kana tries to say "No, let her have it." P'Art chews the poo poo out of her for not fighting for it and they both decide to give the best lip sync possible and have fun with their friend.

Easily one of the best lip syncs in drag race herstory. The video I linked isn't the translation though.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 16, 2020

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

GrandmaParty posted:

Easily one of the best lip syncs in drag race herstory.

I'll always remember just how it completely debilitated Panpan. Full on ugly sobbing, leaving it to P'Art to wrap things up for the week solo! So good and so real!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

impossiboobs posted:

If you're in Canada, it's also available on OutTV.

Unfortunately not; California goon here. Thank you, though!

Thank you for the Kudalakorn suggestions, all! My partner and I will most likely get started on S2 tonight, unless y'all highly recommend S1 as well? I just remember folks raving about S2 and not much buzz for S1.

Speaking of Canada, who are y'all excited for? I have no experience with Canadian drag (I had only heard of Brooke Lynn via Magnus Hastings's photobook), but solely based off of the promos and some quick skims through Instagram...Scarlett Bobo is my favorite for now, as I'm a sucker for a good circus queen, although the show(s) never really seem to provide the proper staging for aerial acts! Also, Lemon is stunningly gorgeous, even though they've apparently been doing drag for the shortest amount of time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Honestly, most of the cast seem to be east coast queens I am not familiar with. I'm excited for all of them.

Definitely watch S1 of Thailand.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Unfortunately not; California goon here. Thank you, though!

Thank you for the Kudalakorn suggestions, all! My partner and I will most likely get started on S2 tonight, unless y'all highly recommend S1 as well? I just remember folks raving about S2 and not much buzz for S1.

Season 1 is also worth watching.

Season 1 of DRT: Season 2 of DRT as Drag Race Season 4: Drag Race All Stars 2.

Season 1 has Dearis Doll and Annie Maywong and Natalia Pliacam and Panpan just going batshit everywhere, which they made him tone down in season 2.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

curiousTerminal posted:

The subtitles on Drag Race are hit and miss.
Take for instance, "Jesus is a biscuit!-"

The subtitles are still pretty...suspect. But this gem from season 7 untucked got me good.
Context: Violet's tuck is tight as gently caress and she's sweating in latex so she says something about juicy pussy

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Definitely watch both seasons of Drag Race Thailand. It's an amazing show and it's going to be a shame if it never gets any more seasons

Interesting tidbit I found while googling if there was going to be another season: Pangina did an interview with Khun Tae who said his new years resolution is a third season https://www.facebook.com/148851455906156/posts/602134557244508/

So maybe there's hope yet 🙏

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

curiousTerminal posted:

The subtitles are still pretty...suspect. But this gem from season 7 untucked got me good.
Context: Violet's tuck is tight as gently caress and she's sweating in latex so she says something about juicy pussy

The finale of season 7, Violet yells out “Come through!” and the subtitles had it as “I won!” 🙄

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I really hate how garbage subtitles have gotten in general. Last season of Dragula I was really confused when someone started talking about Poles nightclub.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

My favorite is when they don't even try to identify who says a line, even if you can clearly see the mouth of the person speaking it or if they have a distinctive voice. Dragula in particular often had subtitles that were attributed to just "Contestant". Gee, thanks!

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

KasioDiscoRock posted:

The finale of season 7, Violet yells out “Come through!” and the subtitles had it as “I won!” 🙄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kahoWJOsjoc

Footage of Violet Chachki, June 1, 2015.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Anthony Padilla interviewed Drag Race Queens. Haven't fully watched the video, but he normally does a good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X977D6ApumA

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
https://youtu.be/30Bz3xo9AKg

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

hm seems bad

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
This thread should get one of those little pictures under your avatar for pride.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Act One of tomorrow's ep is up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ythyx4_RTb4

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A God drat Ghost posted:

This thread should get one of those little pictures under your avatar for pride.

If y'all want a gang tag I will gladly make it happen.

But I'm too lazy to make the tag itself. lol

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

esperterra posted:

I can have a go at making one, if other folks are interested, although I don't have a good idea for one at the moment. The tongue poppers? The Glamazons? I dunno

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

esperterra posted:

Alright people this is not a drill
Let's workshop something good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yee if we can decide on a concept together it'll be even more rad :discourse:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Back rolls???

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I'm up for a gang tag, but graphic design is sadly not my passion.

Is it going to be referential to drag race or just queer in general?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

angerbeet posted:

Back rolls???

omg

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Or an iconic BAM! or Sickening, no?

I'M A loving DRAG QUEEN

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

esperterra posted:

Or an iconic BAM! or Sickening, no?

I'M A loving DRAG QUEEN
or maybe I'M A FRACKING DRAG QUEEN :v:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Stroop There It Is posted:

or maybe I'M A FRACKING DRAG QUEEN :v:

looool I was thinking about frack jokes too, excellent

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Guess who's frackin the house.

Can we have a Tammie Brown gang tag instead

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Something fracking children in nature...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Berzerker posted:

Guess who's frackin the house.

Can we have a Tammie Brown gang tag instead

come on teletubby, teleport us to mars!!

honestly tho i would live for a 'I don't see you out there walking children in nature.' or 'Excuse your mouth.' tag

basically tammie, alyssa or alexis would all be perfect

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
how about "I'll read you to filth"?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Picture these views in order:

code:
BAM   
            BAM
      BAM
BAM   BAM   BAM
Sickening, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

“I’m acting!” (Tammie Brown), “I’m feeling very attacked right now!”, producer jokes (Alexis Michelle), Party (Adore/Katya shutdown), “You’re that girl I knew you were” and of course, “BEAST!”

There’s probably more out there. Best friend race also comes to mind.