Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

i've been seeing these power armor tech demos for like 20 years. yet never imperial guard super soldiers marching down the streets. i'll believe it when i see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

He knows the rioters won't bother him. The Deliverers are sacred, have been since the plague started. Food delivery, grocery delivery, even old school players like parcel delivery companies and the post office; all had been drafted to bring America its hamburgers, electronics, toys, gadgets and groceries. All had served and were regarded universally as heroes, sacred. But most important of all, everything the protected and idolized Deliverers carried was ordered and paid for via the Metaverse.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

chairface posted:

He knows the rioters won't bother him. The Deliverers are sacred, have been since the plague started. Food delivery, grocery delivery, even old school players like parcel delivery companies and the post office; all had been drafted to bring America its hamburgers, electronics, toys, gadgets and groceries. All had served and were regarded universally as heroes, sacred. But most important of all, everything the protected and idolized Deliverers carried was ordered and paid for via the Metaverse.

Hideo Kojima being right again.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/KarlBode/status/1273292490288721920

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Yesterday I went to Giant (like a Kroger if your from the midwest or Food Lion if from the south) to get stock up for the first time in a few weeks and a dude was walking around in a Super Mario mask. I don't mean like he had a cloth mask with mario on the front I mean one of these.....it was weird.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

this is such a weird story, I don't know what to make of it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

chairface posted:

Deliverator*

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Centrist Committee posted:

Some people can't handle criticism

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Hey he got a few details wrong. As did Kojima. We also don't call it the Metaverse and it's not entirely done via VR chat. That said PM me if you want some banned refrigerants baby we got freon all the good poo poo

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Centrist Committee posted:

Ebay is a shithole website run by thin skinned frat boys.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Serious belief in “no press is bad press”.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ok so Evas/Jaegers when??

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yesterday I went to Giant (like a Kroger if your from the midwest or Food Lion if from the south) to get stock up for the first time in a few weeks and a dude was walking around in a Super Mario mask. I don't mean like he had a cloth mask with mario on the front I mean one of these.....it was weird.

you spelled “loving awesome” wrong

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Ebay is a shithole website run by thin skinned frat boys.

Company cultures are definitely a thing, and you can assume that these executives thought it was perfectly reasonable to do this.

My real surprise is that I have never heard about how toxic their internal work environment is. Judging by this story, it must be something else. (And obviously WELL covered up by dead pig harassment.)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
At least he didn’t gently caress the dead pig.

Frat culture is making progress.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Crow Buddy posted:

Company cultures are definitely a thing, and you can assume that these executives thought it was perfectly reasonable to do this.

My real surprise is that I have never heard about how toxic their internal work environment is. Judging by this story, it must be something else. (And obviously WELL covered up by dead pig harassment.)

they're one of the big Google subidiaries so it's not much surprise nobody heard anything about it until it found its way into the legal system tbqh

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they're one of the big Google subidiaries so it's not much surprise nobody heard anything about it until it found its way into the legal system tbqh

Ebay is not a Google subsidiary in any way.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dont know when this trend of 'show your product/video at 1.5x speed' started but its definitely a part of dystopia.

everything looks cheap as poo poo in these videos it is absolutely insane to me that anyone takes them seriously.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
the original tweet this is from is like, october 2019, the dude's saying "this is what 2020's gonna be like" or something insanely prophetic

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Bloop posted:

This sucks

But yeah a lot of that class war is against those servers by the government who decided to pay them gently caress all during the shutdown. With no customers, they can't feed their families

It's a poo poo situation for sure but it's not that simple

it's extremely simple, the government decided people who can't wfh need to be culled and are using covid to do so
whether the government acknowledges that decision is the question, not the results

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's extremely simple, the government decided people who can't wfh need to be culled and are using covid to do so
whether the government acknowledges that decision is the question, not the results

no poo poo but the point is that people are saying anyone who goes to a restaurant where the servers have to wear PPE is a Bad Person, but without their business the servers would have no income

It's a given that the government already hosed them, that's why they're in that situation (although to what degree it's malice and to what degree stupidity and cowardice is up for debate)

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Bloop posted:

no poo poo but the point is that people are saying anyone who goes to a restaurant where the servers have to wear PPE is a Bad Person

patronizing a business during the pandemic does in fact make you a bad person

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

no poo poo but the point is that people are saying anyone who goes to a restaurant where the servers have to wear PPE is a Bad Person, but without their business the servers would have no income

It's a given that the government already hosed them, that's why they're in that situation (although to what degree it's malice and to what degree stupidity and cowardice is up for debate)

The virus doesn't care.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Peanut President posted:

it's not the "close doors" buttons that are placebos it's the "push for walk" buttons at crosswalks

there was crosswalk where I went to college that if you pushed the button, and the traffic light had been green long enough, it would instantly turn yellow. I felt like a god

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

patronizing a business during the pandemic does in fact make you a bad person

Nice that you can afford to feed your family, but many, many people rely on the service economy

Lots of "woke" people revealing themselves as bougies lately

Fame Douglas posted:

The virus doesn't care.

No poo poo again, but people have to make as informed a risk assessment as possible regarding guaranteed no income vs possible virus because the government hosed them

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The Bloop posted:

Nice that you can afford to feed your family, but many, many people rely on the service economy

give them money without demanding service
take your food, tip them, and then walk away
again, people who go to restaurants specifically to be waited on are scum
it's not hard to see through your tissue thin concern for people who work to your concern for people who are waited on

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's not hard to see through your tissue thin concern for people who work to your concern for people who are waited on

You're seeing things that aren't there

I think everyone should be locked the gently caress down. Restaurants should have been ordered by the government to become community food suppliers, creating meals to be supplied to people on lockdown, paid for by the feds. The government could have saved the economy AND kept better medical practices but they loving didn't.

You're just oversimplifying. If everyone only does take out, tons of restaurant staff remain unemployed and completely unpaid - what are THEY supposed to do? When the government forces people to sustain themselves by capitalism, your decisions matter to those people, you can't sit in a perfect world doing the "right thing" while those people starve. All I'm saying is that poo poo's complicated.

Personally I've done a total of 4 grocery runs for touch-free pickup and cooked at home during this time, and obviously I have no intention of trying to prove that to you but it wouldn't matter if I was at a restaurant every day because the argument isn't about ME or YOU, that's just you attempting to deflect with a personal attack instead of engaging with the ideas

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Relevant Tangent posted:

most people would still consider this "patronizing the restaurant", so when people say "patronizing a restaurant during the pandemic makes you scum" that would include take out, curbside, etc. "patronizing" isn't just like, demanding sit down service. Generally it's used to mean "spending any money at an establishment whatsoever"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

two wrongs don't make a right dude, thats like toddler level ethics. going out and buying mcdonalds is not the way to help mcdonalds employees right now. if you are using that as a justification for going out to eat you are bad and wrong

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But you see, if we weren't so graciously feeding and housing our slaves they would be homeless and jobless and might turn to criminality or worse!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this bad faith posting day or replying without reading day?

Rutibex posted:

two wrongs don't make a right dude, thats like toddler level ethics. going out and buying mcdonalds is not the way to help mcdonalds employees right now. if you are using that as a justification for going out to eat you are bad and wrong

I'm sorry to hear you haven't advanced beyond toddler level ethics I suppose

IRL poo poo is more complicated. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT DOING THAT but I'd love to hear how you are helping mcdonalds employees right now. Or is it enough to know that you're doing the right thing and when they can't feed their kids it's someone else's fault?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

IRL poo poo is more complicated. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT DOING THAT but I'd love to hear how you are helping mcdonalds employees right now. Or is it enough to know that you're doing the right thing and when they can't feed their kids it's someone else's fault?

i'm staying home to prevent the spread of Covid-19. its not my job to help mcdonalds employees, i am not in a position to help them because i am poor and also do not control any kind of government policy.

patronizing their workplace would be the opposite of help, because i live in a country where the government will pay them more money if they are fired and the restaurant fails.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

The Bloop posted:

I'd love to hear how you are helping mcdonalds employees right now.

The Bloop posted:

the argument isn't about ME or YOU, that's just you attempting to deflect with a personal attack instead of engaging with the ideas

settle down beaVIS

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

patronizing their workplace would be the opposite of help, because i live in a country where the government will pay them more money if they are fired and the restaurant fails.

Turns out context matters and this poo poo is, in fact, complicated

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean itsvnor complicated you can’t really help the employees unless you just straight up give them cash

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean itsvnor complicated you can’t really help the employees unless you just straight up give them cash

plenty of mutual aid organizations out there

there's more ppl can do now than ever, it's not enough but lmao at casting going to mickey d's and demanding burgs as the highest form of charity

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I mean they've got chicken mcmuffins now so it's a hard call, do you usher forth an unstoppable plague or do you go without a sack of chicken mcmuffins

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1273337366359404544?s=20

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

defund football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
All my rowdy friends are Zoom Meeting tonight.