Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Rhaegar posted:

Up here in Canada it’s impossible to get an Xbox One X or even a controller. I know because I’m looking for one.

Controller at least is available at the Microsoft Store online.

EDIT and the $380CAD Xbox One X NBA 2K20 bundle is in-stock at certain EBGames locations, but loving lol if you're spending that kind of money on an Xbox now, when it's basically got nothing releasing until the Series X is out.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rhaegar posted:

Up here in Canada it’s impossible to get an Xbox One X or even a controller. I know because I’m looking for one.

There are tons of xboxen in Australia but no PS4 pros anywhere. Ah well gives me an excuse to get a ps5.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If any of you wants to have The Witcher 3 on PC and you have Xbox gamepass, you can start downloading Witcher 3 on gamepass, connect your xbox account to GOG through their app and then get the Witcher 3 for PC for free on GOG. I think the deal runs until the 23rd.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Please let me know what you think and if I missed any projects/studios.

Playground Games is two studios now so they can work on Forza Horizon & Fable simultaneously. Forza took a year off so I'd expect Forza 8 at launch, Forza Horizon 5 in 2021 and the new Fable whenever it's ready.

Does Microsoft own the dev team who made Killer Instinct awesome after the original devs got bought by Amazon? Whoever they are they're great and they should definitely do a sequel because it's a great fighter. No idea if the studio is Microsoft-owned or not however.

I'd also expect announcements of more acquisitions. They've said they want to buy more studios not just for genre variety but culture variety as well. They've been to Poland a lot for talks and rumors are flying from there but they've outright stated that they're looking to buy a Japanese studio.

Also, Warner Bros studios are being sold and apparently Microsoft are very interested presumably because of Rocksteady & NetherRealm Studios. They have the money to buy whoever they want so maybe they'll go for their own superhero dev team and Mortal Kombat/Injustice is a nice bonus. They should still keep pumping out Killer Instinct games however because holy poo poo is that game great.

Kinda crazy Microsoft Studios is getting so stupidly huge and they still wanna keep expanding but kudos to them for it. Probably regret buying the devs who made We Happy Few, though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
how many terabytes do you think everything on gamepass adds up to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sadly MS does not own the people who fixed Killer Instinct and they have no project with the at the moment which is dumb, those people made KI3 a really good game and could make KI4 incredible.

Im sure MS is kicking the tired on WBs stuff but as mentioned before its really overpriced for any buyer except someone who doesnt have any studios at all and suddenly wants to get in the game big time. Especially since its unclear if you'd even get the Mortal Kombat license, much less whether the tolkein or rowling estate would approve transferring the gaming licenses to you.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

how many terabytes do you think everything on gamepass adds up to

Some sick packrat knows intimately as they shuffle harddrives

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Holy poo poo Microsoft are dumb as hell for not buying the Killer Instinct team that took over the game, they're top tier in the genre. Microsoft really needs to lean on that IP, especially because it was kinda becoming their own version of Smash with the first party characters they were adding to the game like Raam, Rash & Arbiter.

Series X launching with Halo, Forza, Killer Instinct and Gears Tactics would be a great and varied lineup. Provided they don't gently caress up Halo multiplayer this time, anyways. They've had staff changes but Naughty Dog is a revolving door up top and TLOU2 is getting great reviews so I'm not too concerned about one or two people leaving 343 yet.

Also just remembered that Microsoft are dummies for letting Remedy slip through their fingers as well.

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 17, 2020

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Cojawfee posted:

If any of you wants to have The Witcher 3 on PC and you have Xbox gamepass, you can start downloading Witcher 3 on gamepass, connect your xbox account to GOG through their app and then get the Witcher 3 for PC for free on GOG. I think the deal runs until the 23rd.

Thanks for the tip. I actually own the PS4 version of The Witcher and was trying to claim that but haven't been able to link my PSN account successfully because of their lovely app.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SUNKOS posted:

They've had staff changes but Naughty Dog is a revolving door up top and TLOU2 is getting great reviews so I'm not too concerned about one or two people leaving 343 yet.

Ah yes, 343 and Naughty Dog. Two very comparable studios lmfao.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Everything in gamepass definitely would add up to 3-4tb for sure.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I grabbed a 4T and way overshot what I thought I needed for digital games I've actually bought on xbone, and I also pay for no cap on comcast so I figured maybe I should do the deed lmfao.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Ah yes, 343 and Naughty Dog. Two very comparable studios lmfao.

Halo is a huge IP and 343 is in charge of it now so it's comparable yeah, even if Halo 5 sucked. Uncharted 4 sucked too v:shobon:v Naughty Dog has a revolving door of talent but TLOU2 seems like it's gonna be excellent so I don't think 343 losing some people is anything to worry about because it doesn't seem to matter much in the grand scheme of things.

I'll contradict myself and state that Bungie would massively improve as a studio if they ditched Luke Smith however.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SUNKOS posted:

Uncharted 4 sucked too v:shobon:v

riiiiiight

The bigger difference is that ND has made many great games. 343 has yet to make a single one.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I grabbed a 4T and way overshot what I thought I needed for digital games I've actually bought on xbone, and I also pay for no cap on comcast so I figured maybe I should do the deed lmfao.

Fair warning. There's no easy way to know (I think they're fixing this in a dashboard update?) if a game left gamepass in the past (other than monitoring the leaving soon section or running it and seeing if it doesn't left you play it)

So if you install everything, then it's hard to figure out what was removed from GP so you can uninstall it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ineffiable posted:

Fair warning. There's no easy way to know (I think they're fixing this in a dashboard update?) if a game left gamepass in the past (other than monitoring the leaving soon section or running it and seeing if it doesn't left you play it)

So if you install everything, then it's hard to figure out what was removed from GP so you can uninstall it.

Everything I've downloaded with Gold or Gamepass has a little icon saying "Gold'" "Gamepass," or both on both the splash loading screen and the game's icon itself.

They remove the icon(s) when you've lost access to a game when it's left Game Pass, as the copy of Headlander on my hard drive doesn't have one and I didn't buy that game.

So, for games you know you didn't buy, look for the icon to see if you have access.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Everything I've downloaded with Gold or Gamepass has a little icon saying "Gold'" "Gamepass," or both on both the splash loading screen and the game's icon itself.

They remove the icon(s) when you've lost access to a game when it's left Game Pass, as the copy of Headlander on my hard drive doesn't have one and I didn't buy that game.

So, for games you know you didn't buy, look for the icon to see if you have access.

I do get the GP logo on the splash screen but not on the square icons when you browse your library. Are you in a preview update mode? Maybe I need to update or restart my Xbox.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Ineffiable posted:

I do get the GP logo on the splash screen but not on the square icons when you browse your library. Are you in a preview update mode? Maybe I need to update or restart my Xbox.

It's part of the June dashboard update that is in the process of rolling out. https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/16/xbox-june-2020-update-details/

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Halo's strong suit has always been multiplayer and with COD being cross platform now and all signs of battlefield going cross-plat (NFS Heat, a frostbite engine game, just got cross plat) I would say Halo is totally dead in the water now.

Halo will never be able to compete with those player bases even if the Series X gets revised to 300TFLOPs and packs in 4 copies of halo with every console.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Surely they will just have more pay to win modes to limp along on whales

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I say this every month or so but it’s not even like they don’t have a quiver full of good (or at least better than what they’re showing off) IP to pull from, or all of the money in the world to throw at buying rights/games/etc.

Make another battletech game like Mechassault (hell, Battletech is on PC Game Pass now- just loving buy the videogame rights to that whole property)

Crimson skies

JSRF

Red Faction

New Panzer Dragoon

Banjo Racing- if we’re never gonna get a proper Diddy Kong sequel then this is probably the closest, and we need more good Kart racers that aren’t third-tier multiplat. Just make sure to bring back the dude who did the music.

Banjo Kazooie- I’m pretty sure this is being made

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Halo died when 343 made a bet that no one actually cared that Bungie had made Halo the last bastion of a whole host of good FPS standards (arena style, good maps, slow methodical play, long ttk) that don't exist anywhere else, and that what people really want is a sci-fi version of the same FPS they can play anywhere else.

The only good thing they ever did was pull up at the last second on Master Chief Collection before it needed to be fully scrapped so there's at least a sort of living museum of what once was.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

good FPS standards (arena style, good maps, slow methodical play, long ttk)

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That game divergeance from ex bungie devs looks bad

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lol remember when Microsoft made FASA Studios stop making good games and so they could try to make Shadowrun into Team Fortress for some reason and then melted them down for failing at an impossible task.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Well....different at least lol

I liked them dammit

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol remember when Microsoft made FASA Studios stop making good games and so they could try to make Shadowrun into Team Fortress for some reason and then melted them down for failing at an impossible task.

God I was so hyped when it started leaking they had a Shadowrun game in development, and then it got revealed to be that.

Hopefully with their suite of RPG developers now someone will do something more with those. gently caress just buy Harebrained.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Sure just casually leave out the Brute Force IP like that.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
guys

guys

guys

- - - - - -

I think I’m probably gonna buy a PS5

Edit: ok maybe if Lockhart ships with a disc drive and lets me play my collection of Xbox/Xbox 360 games I’ll consider picking one up for GamePass, etc

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just buy a One X.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Halo desperately needs a God of War 2018 moment and I don’t think it’s ever going to get one, unfortunately/I don’t see how it can unless it moves strongly away from the whole Master Chief storyline.

The only thing it really has going for it is nostalgia, literally everything I know or have heard about Halo over the last decade is either people complaining about how poo poo the last few games have been or how poo poo the Master Chief Collection project has been.

Meanwhile fifty bajillion shooters with fifty bajillion price points and niches have come out to take its place and I don’t know how it ever reclaims that. A new play style? A more mature focus on some of the more interesting threads presented by the setting? An evolution of combat?

Sonic the Hedgehog has way better brand equity as a video game property than Halo right now. Ratchet & Clank has better brand equity, hell people are actually excited for that upcoming game. And Ratchet & Clank is literally just Jak & Daxter + Banjo Kazooie + dick jokes for middle schoolers. Which actually sounds pretty great, but my point is that I’m p sure sony doesn’t see Ratchet & Clank as their tier 1 mascot the way Master Chief is for Xbox.

American McGay posted:

Just buy a One X.

Maybe. If I can get one for <$200.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Ok Comboomer posted:

guys

guys

guys

- - - - - -

I think I’m probably gonna buy a PS5

Edit: ok maybe if Lockhart ships with a disc drive and lets me play my collection of Xbox/Xbox 360 games I’ll consider picking one up for GamePass, etc

I thought Lockhart was confirmed digital only?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

I thought Lockhart was confirmed digital only?

Literally nothing is confirmed about Lockhart.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ok Comboomer posted:

I say this every month or so but it’s not even like they don’t have a quiver full of good (or at least better than what they’re showing off) IP to pull from, or all of the money in the world to throw at buying rights/games/etc.

Make another battletech game like Mechassault (hell, Battletech is on PC Game Pass now- just loving buy the videogame rights to that whole property)

Crimson skies

JSRF

Red Faction

New Panzer Dragoon

Banjo Racing- if we’re never gonna get a proper Diddy Kong sequel then this is probably the closest, and we need more good Kart racers that aren’t third-tier multiplat. Just make sure to bring back the dude who did the music.

Banjo Kazooie- I’m pretty sure this is being made

azurik 2 when

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lockhart is just so they can sell a "new" console for $250 in places like South America.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Microsoft also ruined Rare Studios badly

Like how do you have the makers of some of the best games of the 1990s doing Kinect crap

also I don't know if it ever got any better post-launch, but Sea of Thieves was a wet fart

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Rare was always bad, Nintendo just made them palatable.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont care for Sea of Thieves a ton but it was the best selling game on steam for several weeks despite being out for years and on gamepass and has a large, dedicated fanbase drawn to the fact it offers a wholly unique multiplayer experience in the market. Its the like exact thing Rare should be making instead of the stretch of Kinect garbage even if it gave us Kinect Adventures which was great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Barudak posted:

I dont care for Sea of Thieves a ton but it was the best selling game on steam for several weeks despite being out for years and on gamepass and has a large, dedicated fanbase drawn to the fact it offers a wholly unique multiplayer experience in the market. Its the like exact thing Rare should be making instead of the stretch of Kinect garbage even if it gave us Kinect Adventures which was great.
I'm assuming they came up with some actual content after launch sometime, because when I saw it at launch there was almost nothing to do in the game except sail around

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm assuming they came up with some actual content after launch sometime, because when I saw it at launch there was almost nothing to do in the game except sail around

Theres been a massive update every 3~ or so months including narrative content among many other things. Its still not a game Im personally super keen on but it has lots of stuff to do now and nothing except buying the game so far costs any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Microsoft also ruined Rare Studios badly

Like how do you have the makers of some of the best games of the 1990s doing Kinect crap

also I don't know if it ever got any better post-launch, but Sea of Thieves was a wet fart

viva pinata was the best game rare had made since snake rattle 'n roll, it's just that people didn't buy it because it was not brown and grey enough