Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

How many wrestlers will resign after all this Coronavirus mishandling?

A lot of talent are currently on social media gloating about being right about David Starr all along, so the attention is temporarily off

Good thing about how frequently WWE has hosed up this year is by the end of Friday the attention will be back on them for being terrible too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I dunno, I could see a couple PC people deciding now is the time to get out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Gaz-L posted:

Uh, that's not what the statement says. They did 500 tests recently. There were 2 positives.

Also, they have done a bunch of testing since March, and out of ALL the tests, 132 staff were positive.

Ah okay, this is still above the target average but is more reasonable.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Let’s move on from the over/under discussion

Lol, you think wrestlers can resign from a WWE contract

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Let’s move on from the over/under discussion

Resign vs re-sign is another one that trips people up. Which did you mean? Because depending on your answer, the answer will be all of them or none of them.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rarity posted:

How did Gail Kim end up quitting?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

is pepsi ok posted:

goons not understanding over/under is one of the longest running jokes on these alive pansexual forums.

I have no idea why but it makes me giggle like a 5 year old. Same with the "is a hotdog a sandwich?", pineapple on pizza (which is gross) and yes/no to beans in chili (which I didn't know was a thing until this thread like a few months ago).

Rarity posted:

Those developmental guys will bring their brown bag sammiches, eat them in outside tents and LIKE IT!
I mean they could 1) quit wrestling 2) work outside the US and laugh at the threats of lawsuits or 3) have enough money to tell the WWE to gently caress itself. Its the US and those contracts are rubbish but you gotta have money and the wherewithall to sit in court long enough for them to negotiate a settlement. Most of the time wrestlers aren't rich and so don't fight it. If you can't spend the money and time to sit in a court the WWE can outlast you and gently caress you more as :911: Murrica :911: . I'm mainly talking about if they aren't getting paid. If you got paid for a "job" then you got to prove grounds for not completing the job. Safety is a factor but you can prove the company breached their own contract (or the ethics of the contract) in a variety of ways that make you unable to complete the "job". I know this as a contractor of sorts myself and a few others I was contracted with. Non Americans had almost no worries at all but the American contractors had to fight a bit. Most of them just fought it long enough that the settlement reached was agreeable but that meant they still paid a lawyer. Main thing making that last as long as it did was that the guy owning the company was a dick and was willing to spend money just to be a dick. Vince McMahon has even more spite and less reason.

I am not a lawyer but it seems like unsafe environment (laughable covid tests, Saudi kidnappings, dodgy safety measures and proven injuries/deaths due to negligence) plus anything racial might give the person wanting to leave some leverage but you got to break the WWE mental programming.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

That was his secret all along!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
pineapple on a pizza is, good

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Seth Rollins posted:

Pineapple World Order.

peeWo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

Appropriate username and post combo

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Kiwi is better but only I know the secret.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Red posted:

How did Gail Kim end up quitting?

She let her contract run out, and her last match was a Battle Royal. She didn't get eliminated, just rolled out under the bottom rope and walked to the back. She said later that she knew that the company wouldn't notice till later anyway, and that even if they did who gives a poo poo because she was done anyway and they had no power over her anymore.

Gail Kim owns.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Gail Kim wrestled either a decade too soon. (Or too late) apologies for my editting. gently caress WWE for having a wrestler of her calibre in 2003 and from focusing on Trish Stratus of all people.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Seth Rollins posted:

Hangman Page says it is badass and that is enough for me

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jerusalem posted:

She let her contract run out, and her last match was a Battle Royal. She didn't get eliminated, just rolled out under the bottom rope and walked to the back. She said later that she knew that the company wouldn't notice till later anyway, and that even if they did who gives a poo poo because she was done anyway and they had no power over her anymore.

Whoa that rules. I had no idea about that.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Gail Kim owns.

I remember her jumping through the second and top ropes (which is how the women had to be eliminated back then). And the announcers were like "Uh, did Gail just eliminate herself?"

e: Nope, just rolled under and walked right off, lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCoFCSISuEI&t=40

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 18, 2020

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Imagine being such a bootlicking dumbass that you think a guy being a scumbag sexual assaulter somehow means you were correct in not unionizing

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Wrestlers not being huge pieces of poo poo is a very very small minority. You can safely assume every wrestler is an awful person and you will be right 99.9% of the time unfortunately.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Out of interest has the hacker dude appeared on wwe tv recently or has that whole thing been shelved?

bartok
May 10, 2006

edit- wrong thread

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

DogsInSpace! posted:

One of my favourite things about SA is the long running joke about over/under. I know goons know how it works but just keep going with the wrong way for humour. I mean... that's what's happening right?

Over/under on how many goons understand over/under?
irregardless of how you feel about over/under, i think you should re-sign yourself to accepting it as literally being the penultimate form of determining odds in a bet, bi*ch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Croc posted:

Out of interest has the hacker dude appeared on wwe tv recently or has that whole thing been shelved?

Most people think it was supposed to be Ali and apparently he got moved to Raw so who the gently caress knows

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

Apparently Ali is going to be on Raw now (:lol: if this was the future consideration that AJ Styles was traded for) so I assume it's going to just be quietly shelved.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1273418988958220290?s=21

All
Infected
Wrestling

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Did they say "gently caress" on NXT? That'd be crazy!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Resign vs re-sign is another one that trips people up. Which did you mean? Because depending on your answer, the answer will be all of them or none of them.

:thejoke:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apparently it was worse than that, he vomited ON Xia Li.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Vince laughed his rear end off at this.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

was it like, a bit

is this what NXT is now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yes it wasn't some sort of illness. it's a stupid part of a stupid show from a stupid company

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Nah, it didn't hit anyone. It was supposed to be because he was drunk/hungover.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, it didn't hit anyone. It was supposed to be because he was drunk/hungover.

Ah okay, I got the description from F4Wonline, thanks for the clarification.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It really is amazing how quickly NXT became Just Another Two Hours Of WWE Programming.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wrestlinggary/status/1273422789656051712?s=21

This has to be them calling up Cole and putting both titles on Lee, right?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I thought they were building to Kross vs. Cole?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dacap posted:

Isn’t cole’s contract expiring this summer? This could be them setting up a squash loss if he’s not willing to re-sign

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dacap posted:

or calling up lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to Gargano for being world and US champ, now he'll have to defend both against *throws dart at wall* Ciampa