Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I mean, Brock did refuse to work with Riddle because he thought he was a piece of poo poo.

It's just in Brock's head being a piece of poo poo means 'talking poo poo about my buddy and the coolest dude in the world, Bill Goldberg'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dell_Zincht posted:

Look in my head cannon Brock refusing to work with Riddle is because he knew he was a piece of poo poo and that's how it's going to stay :(

Christ, some names on that list now.

Brock is also an rear end with women

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Dell_Zincht posted:

Look in my head cannon Brock refusing to work with Riddle is because he knew he was a piece of poo poo and that's how it's going to stay :(

Christ, some names on that list now.

I feel there ought to be a pyschological term for gaslighting yourself into thinking Brock Lesnar is some sort of hero.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There is something about people in the wrestling business hating eachother "for real" which causes this response from fans. It's happened with Vince Russo and Brock Lesnar when their enemies were outed and I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm going to take the case

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Freudian slippers posted:

I feel there ought to be a pyschological term for gaslighting yourself into thinking Brock Lesnar is some sort of hero.
*barges everyone in the forum out of the way*BROCKHOLMESYNDROME

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its just a human instinct to want there to be a "good guy" and a "bad guy" from a lifetime of storytelling or just a desperate desire for the world to make more sense than it does. poo poo's more complicated in a lot of ways and that's uncomfortable and sucks to deal with, but also there's a thing some people don't grasp. When two people are being assholes to each other more often than not they're both assholes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

jesus WEP posted:

hahahahaha

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

jesus WEP posted:

Goddammit!

STAC Goat posted:

I think its just a human instinct to want there to be a "good guy" and a "bad guy" from a lifetime of storytelling or just a desperate desire for the world to make more sense than it does. poo poo's more complicated in a lot of ways and that's uncomfortable and sucks to deal with, but also there's a thing some people don't grasp. When two people are being assholes to each other more often than not they're both assholes.

Yeah, I think you're right on this.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Brock absolutely grifts Vince McMahon for money and has an open contempt for WWE, so I want to see him as the "good guy" I guess.

I know he's a piece of poo poo too but right now it's all i've got :(

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Cavauro posted:

There is something about people in the wrestling business hating eachother "for real" which causes this response from fans. It's happened with Vince Russo and Brock Lesnar when their enemies were outed and I don't think it's a coincidence. I'm going to take the case

You're a loose cannon, Cavauro. You can have the case but you pull any more of your little "stunts" and I'll have your badge and your gun.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

jesus WEP posted:

:hmmyes:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

jesus WEP posted:

*lips moving as I read the name three times, thinking "But his name isn't Brock Holm... ohhhhhh"*

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

10/10

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Rarity posted:

putting this down in my little notebook

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rarity posted:

You saying a guy that stalked and broke a restraining order while courting Sable might be a sex creep?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I refuse to believe this polite young man did anything wrong

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

oh god I can't stop laughing

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dell_Zincht posted:

Dammit, I'm completely blanking on who did that bump but I know he did it a lot & it was some Memphis guy or Smokey Mountain guy

Oh, Chris Hamrick!

Here's a video of him doing it in 3 different matches in the WWF

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

Jesus Christ :lol:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I refuse to believe this polite young man did anything wrong

Like a swole Peter O' Hanra-Hahanrahan

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

god drat

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

The POWER of Sean Waltman

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I don’t like it

but I’ll have to go along with it

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

There’s no way NXT UK doesn’t get shut down at this point, right?

I imagine they throw Dunne, WALTER, and whoever they want to pick out of the Women’s division (Storm and Kay Lee Ray seem obvious) to standard NXT or onto Raw/SD.

Might give an opportunity to AEW to fill out it’s women’s division even more if there’s a mass release and they can get them to the states.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I don’t like it

but I’ll have to go along with it

Peter you've lost the news.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Dell_Zincht posted:

if he'd used this as an offensive move for a dropkick to the outside rather than just a stupid bump I can only assume it would have gotten him over like crazy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

They way the front row reacts is pretty good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dell_Zincht posted:

Just like, the hang time he gets and the way he floats between the ropes like a half deflated balloon. It’s perfect

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

Just like, the hang time he gets and the way he floats between the ropes like a half deflated balloon. It’s perfect

I like the way his arms flail :)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dell_Zincht posted:

This rules so much

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SilversteinAdam/status/1273996898467303424

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

"Well stay silent and wait until this blows over without doing anything"

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Time to handle this like the last time serious accusations were leveled against one of our talent: put them in a title match

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What school does Matt go to?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

forkboy84 posted:

Dammit, I'm completely blanking on who did that bump but I know he did it a lot & it was some Memphis guy or Smokey Mountain guy

Oh, Chris Hamrick!

Here's a video of him doing it in 3 different matches in the WWF

https://twitter.com/IamLizzyXOXO/status/1274010344130658305

all the threads are melting together

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

Well, yeah, he's a male wrestler.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said the positive test was from a woman NXT talent who was used to comprise the fans in the crowd earlier in the month

No other NXT talent in the crowd have tested positive

edit: https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1274039925873299456

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 19, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fox didn't like the piss segment when it aired on the East Coast https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/fox-officials-reportedly-not-happy-with-urine-attack-on-wwe-671563/

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh for fucksake. I shouldn't be surprised, he seems like exactly the sort of person that would've appeared in the old "Sleaze thread" on DVDVR 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Fox? The network that puts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham on the air each weekday got pissy about urine?

gently caress 'em!