Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MorrisBae posted:

OK THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SUPPOSED TWEET ABOUT HAGER

Considering how much people have been trying to make of Kylie's departure from AEW this screams bullshit to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just don't give a gently caress how horny people on the forums are

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Honestly, I can't imagine WWE does anything concrete unless it turns into a Benoit level media disaster, mostly because when Enzo was accused, he was not fired for rape allegations. He was fired for lying to Vince about the cops being involved.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

They're all about abuse of power, although there is definitely a severity scale.

That's kinda the point though. Just posting an alphabetised list both lets the more severe minimise their crimes. And it also means that those guilty of less severe transgressions that may be able to learn and improve their behaviour by having an honest conversation get lumped in with actual rapists which is going to make them way more defensive and less open. Basically, I understand protecting victim anonymity, but I don't think providing a minimum context of like 'rapist' and 'physical abuse' to 'hit on married person' and 'creeped on me in DMs once' is going to breach that and makes processing individual instances more possible.

BigRed0427 posted:

So...I take it I picked a weird time to try and start posting here again/get back into wrestling.

Should I just come back another time or...

I'm kinda hovering around this line myself. The New Japan Cup had me feeling more excited and happy than I have in weeks, and then this poo poo happens and now the forum is kinda imploding to the point where saying 'x got new gear, they look cute' is gonna be a bannable offence...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Fake List going around is the one from Expose Wrestling naming Chris Hero etc. before they deactivated their account. Yeah thats going to cause more damage than anything else so far.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Again, unless Kylie says the rumors are true (and she's done the opposite) it's not really appropriate to speculate.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gaz-L posted:

I'm kinda hovering around this line myself. The New Japan Cup had me feeling more excited and happy than I have in weeks, and then this poo poo happens and now the forum is kinda imploding to the point where saying 'x got new gear, they look cute' is gonna be a bannable offence...

Nobody is pushing for this and if that was your takeaway from the whole conversation you weren't paying attention

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Gaz-L posted:

New Japan surviving while everything else implodes worldwide...is something I'm actually fine with

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The New Japan Cup had me feeling more excited and happy than I have in weeks, and then this poo poo happens and now the forum is kinda imploding to the point where saying 'x got new gear, they look cute' is gonna be a bannable offence...

This is an extremely bad faith read

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
IT's also possible, through the grapevine twitter, that ExposeWrestling deactivated their account not from legal threats but because the other people exposing (the real ones) were saying they were unaffiliated, had no idea who they were, and they were frauds.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Saying "___'s new gear looks good" is not nearly the same.

Edit: And if it was you would eat a sixer. Somehow six hours of not posting became a radical punishment that people scream about.

Critical fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 19, 2020

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Gaz-L posted:

now the forum is kinda imploding to the point where saying 'x got new gear, they look cute' is gonna be a bannable offence...

yeah, you should take a long break from wrestling and this forum.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

No one is going to freakout if someone says "shorthair bailey is good" or "kris statlanders new gear is great" but when the threads and discussions devolve into only talking about these things and how great X wrestler's rear end is ad nauseam, then some sort of action should be taken

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MorrisBae posted:

OK THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT WHEN WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SUPPOSED TWEET ABOUT HAGER

is this the thing that kylie says is outright untrue?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Nobody is pushing for this and if that was your takeaway from the whole conversation you weren't paying attention

There were absolutely people who were pushing for ANY discussion of looks to banned as emptyposting and/or creepy, now if that doesn't end up being the rule, cool.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend

MorrisBae posted:

In regards to the Hager story, the victim's story lines up that it was Hager. They said the perpetrator wrestled on two indy shows that they was also on which people have shown that Hager did and no one else in the suggested list of suspects including Jericho hasn't.

Kylie posted her reasons for why she quit.

Is there a reason why the poster is blanked out on the screenshot?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I don't think anyone is going to get probated for talking about how Hikaru Shida now dresses as Tifa/hair down Hikaru.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I'd be totally fine if I never had the read the words c** g****** ever again thanks

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flatluigi posted:

Kylie Rae's Instagram posted:

I don’t know how to start this and I can’t speak on other’s behalves. I can only speak for myself and what’s in my heart. I don’t know many rumors and honestly try to stay away from everything, obviously 😅.

But here: nobody made me leave. AEW took my career to new levels and I’m beyond grateful for every opportunity and experience that has come along the way and wish nothing but the best. It’s a great group of people who truly love wrestling and just want everyone to succeed.

I’ve always tried to be a good person but I make many mistakes along the way. I needed to get my mind, body, and soul right with God. I wish I had the answers but the truth I don’t. We all go through obstacles in life and we may want all the answers but we don’t need them.

It’s God’s plan and he has shown me what’s truly important in life and to find a blessing in every moment because in the blink of an eye, everything can be gone. So instead of bashing, let’s just love one another and appreciate what we have, or something like that lol sorry I’m awkward.

(emphasis mine)

I think that's the only statement she's ever made on things.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

yeah, you should take a long break from wrestling and this forum.

fair

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

flatluigi posted:

Kylie has said a tonne of poo poo about it was untrue, hell Rovert was doing some bullshit over this way back when.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There's a line between "X looks cute in their gear" and "I want to live in Mickey James' rear end".

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Raffles posted:

I'd be totally fine if I never had the read the words c** g****** ever again thanks

:same:

In all my years of being extremely online, i've never once heard that used.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I added this to the rules thread, but if you are making a post, and think "maybe this is too horny for people" then just dont post it.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

StarkRavingMad posted:

(emphasis mine)

I think that's the only statement she's ever made on things.

If it did happen, she probably went to Tony and said "let me out of my contract or I'll go to the media" and the compromise was "ok I'll let you out, but you can never speak of this to anyone"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Huntman posted:

It was a first for me when it was posted earlier in the thread. I've edited my last post and won't be using it again.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

There were absolutely people who were pushing for ANY discussion of looks to banned as emptyposting and/or creepy

no there weren’t you knucklehead

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Huntman posted:

A gentleman calls them jizz slaloms.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, as someone saying it's better that horny should go I don't think "x looks nice/cute/handsome/hot whatever" is horny. That's not a weird thing to say and if someone does think it is over the line I think they also need to recalibrate.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

yeah uh, if someone posts that or anything to that degree again im gonna queue a ban and I hope Jerusalem does the same.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Huntman posted:

I think it was on Rick and Morty very recently

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, as someone saying it's better that horny should go I don't think "x looks nice/cute/handsome/hot whatever" is horny. That's not a weird thing to say and if someone does think it is over the line I think they also need to recalibrate.

Nobody in this thread has said it's over the line, to my knowledge

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
goodbye horny chat
though i never knew you at all

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

If it did happen, she probably went to Tony and said "let me out of my contract or I'll go to the media" and the compromise was "ok I'll let you out, but you can never speak of this to anyone"

lots of assuming about a hypothetical situation there, gumshoe

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

MorrisBae posted:

ok can we just stop speculating again on why Kylie Rae quit AEW again, if she wants to say anything she will and it was admittedly really bizarre of her One and Done appearance but things like this just lead down paths of conspiracy nonsense. They're not even rumours as much as "well if (thing rumoured happened) then (thing i made up) makes sense too".

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sounds like malcolm monroe III definitely pissed off some locker rooms before his victim spoke out. from tony deppen (GCW/Indie guy):

https://twitter.com/Tony_Deppen/status/1274081310039048194

the business should probably just burn tbh

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MorrisBae posted:

good poo poo rereg, add it to your compilation

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

This is straight up fanfiction. Please stop.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

WatermelonGun posted:

lots of assuming about a hypothetical situation there, gumshoe

I still haven't seen a denial, and some just cited rovert, so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
goon led investigations and black books are not good ideas because if we were smart we wouldn’t post here