Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

weemes

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

helol

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

grittinks

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
im to byob too high in post

Areola Grande

Barco Fiesta posted:

im to byob too high in post

not me!

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

IF U WANT TO DESTROY MY SWEATER

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

IF U WANT TO DESTROY MY SWEATER

WO8AH;

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

POST IN THIS THREAD AND JUST WALK AWAY

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kief Richards posted:

POST IN THIS THREAD AND JUST WALK AWAY

I'M NOT UNRAVELED I'M ALWAYS NAKED
HERE HAVE A THREAD, I'LL POST ALWAYS

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Shifty Nipples

i got my hash pipe
dodododo dodododo

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

this also seems appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0OVpyvey4U

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Areola Grande

I'm not high enough to post in BYOB. I got them sativa blues

:negative:

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

prepuce repurposed posted:

I'm not high enough to post in BYOB. I got them sativa blues

:negative:

I am happy just as is. Life is good. If I had stunna shades I would flip them on.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

posting in this thread to make up for last night when i was too high to post in it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i'm too high

Areola Grande

to post in BYOB :2bong:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

sugar black rose

it's real good but it's a mite much for me tonight lol

HappyKitty

Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffett is a lament over the futility of dreaming of an Edenic paradise of pure leisure. While drinking in a bar somewhere far enough North to have snow and hockey, the "boys in the band" decide to order "boat drinks" (Buffett line 2); soon, we learn that the visitors have "scored on the home rink" and that "everything seems to be wrong" (Buffett 3-4). Here the boat drinks symbolize an economy of desire for the façade of leisure; these are "boat" drinks by metaphor, not metonymy, for there are no boats in this Northern climate, and the reification of the "boat" relies upon the listener's familiarity with both boats and drinks, and of the drinks that one drinks while on a boat. This ontological and semiotic sleight of hand suggests that the signifier itself (the inscrutable boatness of the drinks) has come to stand in for the signified object of desire, which is not the drinks, but indeed, the boat - which is itself a synecdoche of a place "where it's warm" (23). The singer, however, is not bamboozled by the boat drinks and of the many simulacra which commodity fetishism has rendered objects of desire in place of the Platonic ideal of leisure, which is neither boat, nor drinks, nor even warmer climes down South; for this economy of desire underscores the ontological impossibility of reifying leisure through the very simulacra which signify it (i. e., boats and/or drinks).

Goons Are Gifts

Holy poo poo, hi HK!!

TheShrike

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

HappyKitty posted:

Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffett is a lament over the futility of dreaming of an Edenic paradise of pure leisure. While drinking in a bar somewhere far enough North to have snow and hockey, the "boys in the band" decide to order "boat drinks" (Buffett line 2); soon, we learn that the visitors have "scored on the home rink" and that "everything seems to be wrong" (Buffett 3-4). Here the boat drinks symbolize an economy of desire for the façade of leisure; these are "boat" drinks by metaphor, not metonymy, for there are no boats in this Northern climate, and the reification of the "boat" relies upon the listener's familiarity with both boats and drinks, and of the drinks that one drinks while on a boat. This ontological and semiotic sleight of hand suggests that the signifier itself (the inscrutable boatness of the drinks) has come to stand in for the signified object of desire, which is not the drinks, but indeed, the boat - which is itself a synecdoche of a place "where it's warm" (23). The singer, however, is not bamboozled by the boat drinks and of the many simulacra which commodity fetishism has rendered objects of desire in place of the Platonic ideal of leisure, which is neither boat, nor drinks, nor even warmer climes down South; for this economy of desire underscores the ontological impossibility of reifying leisure through the very simulacra which signify it (i. e., boats and/or drinks).

Didn't that synecdoche movie have a whole scene dedicated to explaining what a synecdoche means? This is one of those potentially self-implanted memories

doritto

sometimes im too high to sleep and so i close my eyes and live in a wakeful dream

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
it's happenig

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Areola Grande

I'm 2 hi 3 post in BYOB .

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Somehow I find myself perfectly balanced on the razor's edge between being not high enough to post in BYOB and being too high to post in BYOB.
:justpost:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

HappyKitty posted:

Did you konw about Lowtax and David Cross

I'm posting to ask - so did this actually happen??

They were both in a film called Heckler, has anyone seen it?

Triple edit: I bought it on eBay and imma watch it and report back

Chewbecca fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Aug 2, 2020

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Also should I go back and read every post? Cos this bad boy is long

Escape From Noise

My orbs, it is late, and I am up, and my god. I am too high to post in BYOB!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Ah where was this thread, when a month or so ago I was too high to post in BYOB, this... is somewhere I could have posted.

Escape From Noise

Evil Bob posted:

Ah where was this thread, when a month or so ago I was too high to post in BYOB, this... is somewhere I could have posted.

Now u can thnx 2 me. :10bux:plz

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Now u can thnx 2 me. :10bux:plz

I just sent you :10bux: with my mind, now you can spend :10bux: on anything you can imagine, in your mind.

Areola Grande

I'm too high 2 post in byob but I'm not too high 2 read it and scheme up future posts for when I'm not so goldanged high

Finger Prince

my job, the company I work for, is not an agent or creator of culture. I am a consumer of culture, but I do not create any through my actions. I think that may be why I've never felt the passion that people talk about when being involved with the creation of culture, even passively, through their jobs. I never understood that feeling because I guess it never occurred to me to have it. But now that I realize this, and see beyond it, I think I see the nature of that internal motivation.
Whether it's the key grip or the sound engineer, the roadie, the choreographer, the booking agent, the financial people, the philosophy student writing a detailed academic analyses of The Simpsons, etc. I am not one of those people but the ones how are do it for this living globule of human culture we all drink from and give back to if we are able. /
I either need a new job or a hobby where I can add my minuscule drop of water back into the cultural ocean. It doesn't matter what you make, as long as you make something, even as a cog in a machine.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I gotta be honest here, i've been too high to post in BYOB this entire time

Quickman911
sometimes it feels like the feeling feels stronger as an unknown entity than a priced material possession, many a philosophers would say

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Dick Bastardly posted:

I gotta be honest here, i've been too high to post in BYOB this entire time

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I was gonna post something but uhhh....

Vei
now this is my kind of thread

Areola Grande

Vei posted:

now this is my kind of thread

I was way too high to post in this thread but now that you have I feel emboldened

Areola Grande

welcome stranger :rznv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vei
ahhh it feels good to be too high for other threads again